Viewing 2 Networks on 1 PC #2

Hi,
I need to get this box up & running. Can anybody please help.

This is how our network is presently configured

		              Net Server
		--------------------------------------
		|  PC with 2 Network cards |
		--------------------------------------
		|		              |
	          Card 1		      Card 2
	          10.0.0.x		   192.168.x.x
		|		              |
	             HUB		 to external network

	Internal Network

In the Card 2 the deafult gateway has been set to IP of card 1. An
evaluatio copy of WinRouter Pro 4.2 is also running. NAT has been
enabled on Card 2.

The subnet mask for card 1 is 255.0.0.0 and the subnet mask for card 2
is 255.255.255.0.

Also internaly we have a workgroup called WORKGROUP. The externa
network is on a workgroup called, say, TEST.

Since, a machine cannot belong to 2 seperate workgroups, this machine
has been made to belong to the TEST workgroup.

The problem is that windows is taking an awfully lot of time to the
list of machines on the 2nd (external) workgroup. And after all this
time it comes out with a message saying that the list of servers could
not be found.

Basically, what I want to do is that I want a way to seperate out our
internal and external networks. Could anyone suggest a different way
to accomplish this ? All suggestions are welcome.

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you advance.
Enjoy!
Debashish Mukherjee
0
debam

<debam@fnmail.com> wrote in message news:3b6f965b.17419948@news.grc.com...

> Basically, what I want to do is that I want a way to seperate out our
> internal and external networks. Could anyone suggest a different way
> to accomplish this ? All suggestions are welcome.
>
> Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

My understanding of it, is that the WinRoute computer will
list all the CPU's connected to both LAN cards, but the
CPU's on each network won't be able to see each other.
0
John
8/7/2001 7:53:00 AM
"John P. Boatwright" <name@salad-e.com> wrote in message

> <debam@fnmail.com> wrote in message news:3b6f965b.17419948@news.grc.com...
>
> > Basically, what I want to do is that I want a way to seperate out our
> > internal and external networks. Could anyone suggest a different way
> > to accomplish this ? All suggestions are welcome.
> >
> > Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
>
> My understanding of it, is that the WinRoute computer will
> list all the CPU's connected to both LAN cards, but the
> CPU's on each network won't be able to see each other.

Uhm... the two separate networks, the computers on each
network... they won't be able to see the other network
computers, for instance:

Network A   --- can't see Network B

WinRoute computer --- can see both Network A and B
0
John

updated 1.2.2 to 2.0.1 but still shows 1.2.2
I just reinstalled the SBS 6 with the NW6 SP3 Overly cd and i put web access, iprint, dhcp/dns, naas on the initial install. I then proceded to upgrade edir to 8.7.1 ( i updated jvm and the other stuff that 8.7.1 required first) and everything went great. I then udated imanager from 1.2.2. to 2.0.1 and the install went as expected no errors or anything. Here is the problem when i surf to iManager with internet exploder 6 it shows me i am using 1.2.2. I read the instructions and they talk about some migrating but the direction don't match imanager 1.2.2 (i assume they are reffe...

How to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2?
I have 2.1.1 wokring fine and I have spent a lot of time making it just right but I want to make sure I have the latest & greatest so I am trying to get 2.1.2 to work so I can upgrade. When I try to set-up 2.1.2 I get a few errors such as: Could Not Load Skin: ~/Portals/_default/Skins/_default/admin.ascx Error: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\Temporary ASP.NET Files\dnn212\295dc47c\1861dacc\3z6nxty1.0.vb(159): error BC30560: 'admin_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'. Is there a simple way to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2? RDD Iff you have not made any cha...

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

Version 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 upgrade
Hi folks, I upgraded from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 last night. In case anybody wants it, I created a ZIP file containing the changed RUNTIME files - all you need to do is extract and ftp over the top of your 2.1.1 install - assuming you've NOT MODIFIED anything yourself... ;) Get the ZIP file here. Hope someone finds it helpful. joel joelblogs.co.uk...

Viewing 2 Networks on 1 PC
Hi, I need to get this box up & running. Can anybody please help. This is how our network is presently configured Net Server -------------------------------------- | PC with 2 Network cards | -------------------------------------- | | Card 1 Card 2 10.0.0.x 192.168.x.x | | HUB to external network | | Internal Network In the Card 2 the deafult gateway has been set to IP of card 1. An evaluatio copy of WinRouter Pro 4.2 is also running. NAT has been enable...

changelog 2.1.1 <-> 2.1.2 ?
What is the changelog between 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 ? We started a localization into french before 2.1.1 was frozen, and we would like to reuse most of this work. Thanks to say what has changed with the patch. ( please forget the question if the answer is in the zip ; I couldn't download it yet) Benoit www.dotnetnuke.fr The changelog report is available form the Dotnetnuke.com website.Tom Lucas On last look the change log was from 2.0.4 not 2.1.1!Visit www.dnnnotes.com - index of DNN threads - hand picked quality threads. TextLayout Module - create multiple column layouts ...

Any chance of a difference report between 2.1.1 and 2.1.2?
It would be helpful for those who downloaded and went through the pain of working out what had changed between 2.0.4 and 2.1.1 to have a difference between 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 in addition to 2.0.4 to 2.1.2 that is on dotnetnuke.comVisit www.dnnnotes.com - index of DNN threads - hand picked quality threads. TextLayout Module - create multiple column layouts easily The code difference is posted in the dotnetnuke.com site itself in the CHM format. There is a link to download the DNN 2.1.2 in the home page. Click the read more and follow that to get your required link...

eGuide 2.1.1 <--> 2.1.2
--____FKWXFITNNUNJHTZMZIBC____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, Playing around two servers with two different eGuide releases I'm able to = use this application to allow the users to change its own password with = the older version (eGuide 2.1.1) but not with the new one eGuide 2.1.2. Please, am I missing something? Is it not possible that each user change = her/his own password using eGuide 2.1.2? Thanks indeed, Ricardo --____FKWXFITNNUNJHTZMZIBC____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="__...

From 2.1.2 to 3.2 ?
Hi everyone!I've been away from DNN for quite some time, feels good to be back. Hi to anyone who remembers me. Just starting to look at taking our intranet portal from 2.1.2 to, I guess, 3.2. We have 3rd party modules and custom code. Is there a best practice for the upgrade/migration? Just looking for some guidelines. Thanks in advance. I'm no expert, but I too had a 2.12 site in which I migrated to 3.1.1While researching the migration, many suggested that I had to remove all of my third party modules first.  Then perform the upgrade.  Then add as many third party DNN 3.x mod...

DotNetNuke 2.1.2 #2
Is DotNetNuke 2.1.2 compatible with SQL Server 2005? Do I need to upgrade to 3.x or 4.x with SQL Server 2005?...

iManager 1.2.2 #2
Hi, I have a NW6 SP3 server which runs BM37. I am in the process of upgrading to BM38 and I am running through the pre-requests. One of which is to upgrade iManager to 2.0.1. This can be done by either install iManager on a networked PC or upgrading the version on the server. I have tried installing it on a PC however, after the install it reports some errors, when you look at the log file is VERY lenghty and doesn't mean much to me. When the browser opens it tries to connect on the ipaddress of the pc\imanager......It basically doesn't work. What I need is a meth...

Will migration from 2.1.2 to 2.2 be possible?
Hello, I was wondering if there will be plans to easily migrate from DNN 2.1.2 to DNN 2.2? I say easily because some people run thousands of portals on 1 DNN system. There should be an easy way to automatically migrate from old DNN to new. Is there going to be plans to allow this? If so, how will it work? Will any downsides exist? How about existing 2.1.2 skins and modules. Will they all work in DNN 2.2? How about the user model. Does that change in DNN 2.2? Right now its 1 username for the entire DNN server. Does DNN 2.2 have usernames unique to portals? If so, how w...

Security Services 2.0.1 ( and 2.0.2 ) and NetWare FTP
I have problems ( can�t login ) to login to all NetWare FTP servers after installing SS 2.0.1 ( and no change after installing 2.0.2 ). Same problem is with NetWare Screen Saver on NW 6.5 servers. I am not sure about FTP. But I know the scrsaver works. I have servers running edir881 and ss202 and i unlock scrsaver all the time. I am running nw65sp5 > I am not sure about FTP. But I know the scrsaver works. I have servers > running edir881 and ss202 and i unlock scrsaver all the time. I am running > nw65sp5 > Jeff, I�m on eDir 8.7.3.8, there is a problem. D...

iManager 1.2.2 to 2.0.2 Upgrade
I've been running GW 6.5 WebAccess on the following system configuration: Netware 6.0 SP4 eDirectory 8.7.3 SP2 IR JVM 1.4.1 SP6 Novell Enterprise Web Server Tomcat 3.3 Apache 1.03 iManager 1.2.2 Yesterday I made the following change: Upgraded iManager to v2.0.2 and Tomcat to v4.0. This change broke GW WebAccess. I'm getting the following error when I try to get into GW WebAccess. It appears to pop up as it tries to bring up the login page. Server Error This server has encountered an internal error which prevents it from fulfilling you...

Web resources about - Viewing 2 Networks on 1 PC #2 - grc.security

Network Computing
Through a For IT, By IT editorial filter, Network Computing connects the dots between architectural approach and how technology impacts the business, ...

Cartoon Network (Russia and Southeastern Europe) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cartoon Network Russia and Southeastern Europe is a Russian/Bulgarian channel, which started on October 1, 2009. It replaced the Pan-European ...

2015 Cable Network Ranker: FNC No. 2 for the Year
Fox News Channel was No. 2 in prime time and No. 3 in total day viewers among all ad-supported cable networks during 2015. FNC averaged 1.79 ...

Girls Bravo DVD 2 - Review - Anime News Network Anime News Network
Here comes the crucial next stage in every harem anime: the introduction of more characters. This volume gets a "bravo" for loopy comedy, but ...

Nextdoor, the $1.1B social network for neighbors, is finally expanding overseas
After promising international expansion for the last couple of years, Nextdoor, the social network for neighbors, is laying the groundwork for ...

The Dish: Food Network's chef Amanda Freitag
... began her culinary career as a busgirl and worked her way through top kitchens in Paris and New York to eventually co-host her own Food Network ...

IDG Contributor Network: Monkeying around on the bash command line in 2016
Soon it will be 2016 the Year of the Monkey in the Chinese Zodiac's 12 year cycle. People born in these years (e.g., 1920, 1932, 1944, 1956, ...

Networks The Pentagon Doesn’t Even Know It Has Could Get Hacked
'DOD did not maintain a comprehensive list of cloud computing service contracts'

AMC Networks’ Price Hike Proposal Gets Chilly Response From Small Cable Ops
‘Tis the season for saber rattling in cable. And this year AMC Networks is hearing a lot of that this week from small operators resisting a large ...

Network advanced threat protection market to hit US$1.3 billion in 2019, says IHS
Sales of network advanced threat protection (ATP) solutions, which detect sophisticated malware, reached US$194 million worldwide in the third ...