Streaming video and net access

Hi everyone,

I just visited a site that offered to show a video in either Windows Media
player, QuickTime or RealAudio.
All three triggered Zone Alarm.

I is it neccesary for these programs to �cces tthe internet'?

TIA,
Jan
0
Jan

"Jan Doggen" <massoft@tref.nl> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just visited a site that offered to show a video in either Windows Media
> player, QuickTime or RealAudio.
> All three triggered Zone Alarm.
>
> I is it neccesary for these programs to �cces tthe internet'?
>
> TIA,
> Jan

  Yes.  How else are you going to view the video?

--
 JB
Learn the Hazards

Jan

"Jack Benny" <PBRBAP@.myrealbox.com> schreef in bericht

> "Jan Doggen" <massoft@tref.nl> wrote in message
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I just visited a site that offered to show a video in either Windows
Media
> > player, QuickTime or RealAudio.
> > All three triggered Zone Alarm.
> >
> > I is it neccesary for these programs to �cces tthe internet'?
> >
> > TIA,
> > Jan
>
>   Yes.  How else are you going to view the video?
>
> --
>  JB
> Learn the Hazards
> http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/info17.htm

0
Jan
3/10/2002 11:58:00 AM
    Hi Jan

 A flash animation is accessed/played in I.E. and you have "allow" I.E. to
access the internet in ZA so no pop up warning. The video must be played by
one of the other 3 programs  you mentioned (your ZA rule is set to "prompt"
for those programs ) so you get the pop up asking to "allow" access each
time.
  Ron

> I may not have been very clear.
> If  I run e.g, a Flsh animation this does not happen. This is obviously
> 'pushed' to my computer.
> Why does this not happen with streaming video? Does it have to be
'pulled'?

> Jan

---
Ron

Video Stream Send to WDM Video Capture driver using DirectX Show.net
Hi guys,I am developing application for Virtual Camera in C#. net and vb.net using DirectXShow.net libraries. I have search Overlay Mixer that a such way. where i can send Video stream to WDM Video Capture Driver. Then This Driver luach this stream as a webcam. here is article:http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/directshow/htm/overlaymixerfilter.aspBut i have no code for handling these thinks. Please any one have any source code in vb.net or C#.net that can i send stream to WDM Video Capture driver.Or another way to developa virtual webcam as in features in VCDCu...

(VIDEO SERVICES | VIDEO MIX | VIDEO CHAT | VIDEO CHANNELS | VIDEO CONFERENCE | VIDEO DATING | ONLINE VIDEO CHAT) on Mixmir.net .
Name: mixerok Email: superadikdotvatgmaildotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: (VIDEO SERVICES | VIDEO MIX | VIDEO CHAT | VIDEO CHANNELS | VIDEO CONFERENCE | VIDEO DATING | ONLINE VIDEO CHAT) on Mixmir.net . Comments: Hello !! Here are found online video chat Mixmir.net !!! <url = http://www.mixmir.net/videomix/conference/index.php> Direct Link </ url> While !! And who wants is www dating <url = http://www.mixmir.net/dating/index.php> dating free </ url> ... As well Directory of useful sites <url = http://www.mixmir...

(VIDEO SERVICES | VIDEO MIX | VIDEO CHAT | VIDEO CHANNELS | VIDEO CONFERENCE | VIDEO DATING | ONLINE VIDEO CHAT) on Mixmir.net !!
Name: mixerok Email: superadikdotvatgmaildotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: (VIDEO SERVICES | VIDEO MIX | VIDEO CHAT | VIDEO CHANNELS | VIDEO CONFERENCE | VIDEO DATING | ONLINE VIDEO CHAT) on Mixmir.net !! Comments: Hello ! Here are found watch live broadcast tv Mixmir.net !! <url = http://www.mixmir.net/videomix/index.php> Internet Path </ url> Success !! As well is dating men <url = http://www.mixmir.net/dating/index.php> Want to make new friends? </ url> ... And who should be there Web Directory <url = http:...

grant ASP.net access to a file problems even if it ASP.net was added to the security tab folder properties.
 Hello, I'm having a problem in here, I've tested my web application in my local computer and it was using a database from our local server, I've used the membership configuration with asp.net for the automatic membership capabilities. now when I test my web application to our local server( to simulate the behaviour of my web applicationto by the time it is in our live server) there is a problem which states  Server Error in '/' Application.  Access to the path 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aimatrixcontroller_jbacosa\uploads\No file yet' is denied. ...

Video Streaming in ASP.NET
----------------------- Edit by Colt ------------------------- Subject change: Need Help -> Video Streaming in ASP.NET ----------------------- Edit by Colt ------------------------- Hi everyone, I am a beginnner in ASP.NET now doing a project on it so i will like to include video streaming in my program eg: like viewing of the live video of channelnewsasia. I need this help ugrently so is there any sample codes or anyone can guide me how to do it thanks in advance Please read this: Ways to Display Video There are three basic ways to display video on a We...

Streaming video in asp .net
Hey, I need streaming video at my site. I thought about embeded windows media player but it has 2 disadvantages like annoying security warning and no preview(you must click play to see first frame). So then I thought about converting wmv to flv. I read about ffmpeg. It works on localhost but when I sent it into server it doesn't work. Probably reason is none of permissions to run new process. I think you should check out the how to videos on www.silverlight.net There's some really cool video and other things.  The carosel to display media is a built in control you just ha...

Video stream with ASP.NET
I want to use ASP.NET to do video stream. But I didn't know how to start. Any sugestions? thanks...

Streaming video system in asp.net
I am hoping to create a dynamic page that will list streaming video files that will be easily accessible by the end user with just a click. There will be a large number of video files and they will be added on a semi-regular basis. Also is there a way to have a thumbnail dynamically appear? If anyone knows of any good tutorials on this (or book) please give me a push in the right direction. Thank you very much! Wish7Peace, Love & Nappiness FFMPEG should help you http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffmpeg/  you can use this command with it to get the thumbnail ffmpeg.exe -i <P...

HowTo stream webcam video to the net?
I wonder if anyone here has succeeded in streaming the video of a local webcam to the internet? Some research has turned up 'webcam_server Project Home Page' (http://webcamserver.sourceforge.net/) but unfortunately it only supports v4l, not v4l2 and is no longer maintained. It seems to be possible with VLC server, but I'm a bit reluctant, because their repo is said to break other things. I still have 11.1 here. Anyone who has done it? And how? -- Technology is 'stuff that doesn�t work yet.' -- Bran Ferren ------------------------------------------------...

ASP .net security access failed !
 I am trying to create users , login ...etc for my database by clicking on the security tab in the asp .net webiste and got the following message:There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store. The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: The 'System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider' requires a database schema c...

Video streaming from Asp.net page
Hi, I am new to Asp.net. I have a small web application, which lists all the files, that are available in a server location, in a tree format. When a tree node with the file name is clicked, we need to open that file in the respective application. When it comes to video files, we want the video files to be played in the  available video player (windows media player, real player etc.), without waiting for the file to be downloaded fully. That is, the player has to start playing the video, when it is comfortable, without waiting for full download (Buffering). I require help in achievin...

Data access and asp.net security
I was looking at forms authentication where user credentials are stored in a database to give some sort of membership and role based form of control over your asp.net site.  My question is, and if anyone can help me out much appreciated - how can you use forms authentication to control data access? For example, if i'm logged on as "Joe Someone", how do I leverage the role based security model to limit the CRUD operations on my database?  -Watson First off, you probably want to give access to pages on a need-to-see basis.  You can do this by using securi...

what is the use of code access security in .net
Hi,   what is the use of code access security in .net, and how to work in .net 3.5 If you have your code running in separate assemblies then you can restrict the permission set for that assembly by using CAS.You could restrict a desktop application from making DNS requests for example. This section of msdn is devoted to explaining the concepts and usage of Code Access Security:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/930b76w0.aspx Hi good example of CAS is Microsoft SharePoint (WSS 3.0). While Creating your own web parts for sharepoint you will required CAS for your WebPa...

streaming video & ASP.net
Is there any example of how to grab live video from one web application using a video conferencing or webcam even device and deliver it to another user? Kinda of i think MSN messenger does it - where the video is in the the main conversation panel - but instead of a conversation panel - a user control on a web application. I have a feeling DirectPlay maybe involved. Thanks again. 2 wrongs don't make a right - but three lefts do...

Web resources about - Streaming video and net access - grc.security

Streaming media - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Streaming media is multimedia that is constantly received by and presented to an end-user while being delivered by a provider. Its verb form, ...

Ustream Broadcast For Friends Live Video-Streaming App Adds Support For Facebook Pages
Streaming-video provider Ustream released an update to its Broadcast for Friends iPhone application that allows page administrators to record ...

NASA SDO - Streaming Plasma - NASA Solar Dynamics Observatory (Little SDO) - Facebook
SDO zoomed in on this active region to watch as plasma streamed back and forth above it over two days (Apr. 30 to May 2, 2011). Magnetic forces ...

StreamAPI is Another New Video Streaming Service Integrated with Facebook Connect
Live streaming on Facebook is now more affordable for smal businesses and individuals thanks to StreamAPI , a new product from live-streaming ...

Argus Streaming News (@ArgusRadio) on Twitter

Redbox Instant by Verizon - Movie and Video Streaming on the App Store on iTunes
Get Redbox Instant by Verizon - Movie and Video Streaming on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Fire up even more media streaming on the Apple TV with Infuse
Heres a streaming video option that would have made my list of apps I want to see on the Apple TV, except that I already knew it was coming soon. ...

YouTube plans to take on Netflix with streaming deals of its own
YouTube has just launched a $9.99/month subscription service called YouTube Red that aims to compete with similar products from the competition. ...

Facebook Rolls Out Streaming Video to Some iPhone Users
Facebook is starting to roll out its streaming video feature, called Live Video, to all mobile users starting with a select few using Facebook ...

Trading Netflix vs streaming rivals
Amid reports that Google's YouTube could get more involved in original content, some traders shied away from Netflix.