Opera's widgets vs IE's ActiveX vs FF's extentions.

I've asked the difference on Opera's forum
http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=3D152376

The widgets designer answers some my paranoid quiestions.

Tony.
0
Anthony

In grc.security Anthony OZ wrote:

> I've asked the difference on Opera's forum
> http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=152376
>
> The widgets designer answers some my paranoid quiestions.

Ahh...  Thanks for posting.  While it all sounds reassuring, I am not
yet "supremely confident" here.  I knew OS would follow it's security
minded approach, but as with anything new, there is always the
possiblity of unforeseen issues to be considered.  The architecture
sounds "sound"...  I will wait a bit more until the security
researchers (or worse) get around to pounding on it heavily.  Call me
skeptical and overly cautious perhaps.  :)
0
Mark
8/4/2006 7:18:52 PM
On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 23:18:52 +0400, Mark V <notvalid@nul.invalid> wrote:
> I will wait a bit more until the security researchers (or worse) get
> around to pounding on it heavily.
Same as me.
But I did try one of the most popular widgets - "touch the sky" - the
wheather-reporting one. I was *NOT* impressed much...

Tony.
0
Anthony

Web resources about - Opera's widgets vs IE's ActiveX vs FF's extentions. - grc.security