need some help getting into start mode

MIL can't boot up. She gets to log on screen logs on then nothing. How can
she get in start mode.

Mystic Dragon
0
mystic_dragon

Never mind she was pressing the keys f & 8.

Mystic Dragon
0
mystic_dragon
2/4/2005 8:10:32 PM
On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 15:10:32 -0500, mystic_dragon wrote:

> Never mind she was pressing the keys f & 8.
>
> Mystic Dragon

<chuckle> and let that remind us, lest we forget :)
--
Mike H
0
>> Never mind she was pressing the keys f & 8.

> <chuckle> and let that remind us, lest we forget :)

Newbies! Gotta love 'em! They make the same mistakes we made. :-)
crash@gpick.com?subject=Techtalk (Do not alter!)
http://lists.gpick.com
0
Crash

:
: > <chuckle> and let that remind us, lest we forget :)
:
: Newbies! Gotta love 'em! They make the same mistakes we made. :-)

I'm a newbie in my opinion. So I try to have the patience that I hope
somebody will give me, when I do something stupid. :~) But now I know to be
more specific in my instructions.

Mystic Dragon
0
mystic_dragon
2/4/2005 10:41:50 PM
While parsing 'grc.security', I found "mystic_dragon" stating:

> Never mind she was pressing the keys f & 8.

Hello Mystic Dragon,
Do you mean Mother-In-Law can access Windows in Safe Mode? Can you
give more details, like OS, virus history on that machine, please?

ANY more info may help folks to help you further, even if I can't.

Regards...
0
Axn
2/4/2005 11:06:50 PM
While parsing 'grc.security', I found "mystic_dragon" stating:

> ""Crash" Dummy"  wrote in message
>
> : >> Never mind she was pressing the keys f & 8.
> :
> : > <chuckle> and let that remind us, lest we forget :)
> :
> : Newbies! Gotta love 'em! They make the same mistakes we made. :-)
>
> I'm a newbie in my opinion. So I try to have the patience that I hope
> somebody will give me, when I do something stupid. :~) But now I know to be
> more specific in my instructions.

Nutz -- I saw your similar post in grc.techtalk...

I'll just suggest a review of posting guidelines for your perusal,
at this point (borrowed from a near-by sig):

GRC Newsgroups/Guidelines/No Regrets:
http://www.imilly.com/noregrets.htm
(thx Kerry A.; Milly)

Study those and you'll be okay.

Regards...
0
Axn
2/5/2005 12:01:38 AM
"Axn..."  wrote in message

: While parsing 'grc.security', I found "mystic_dragon" stating:

: Nutz -- I saw your similar post in grc.techtalk...
:
: I'll just suggest a review of posting guidelines for your perusal,
: at this point (borrowed from a near-by sig):
:
: GRC Newsgroups/Guidelines/No Regrets:
: http://www.imilly.com/noregrets.htm
: (thx Kerry A.; Milly)
:
: Study those and you'll be okay.
:
: Regards...

Actually I posted wrong here by accident, but thanks anyway.

Mystic Dragon
0
mystic_dragon
2/5/2005 1:19:00 AM
While parsing 'grc.security', I found "mystic_dragon" stating:

> "Axn..."  wrote in message

> : GRC Newsgroups/Guidelines/No Regrets:
> : http://www.imilly.com/noregrets.htm
> : (thx Kerry A.; Milly)
> :
> : Study those and you'll be okay.

> Actually I posted wrong here by accident, but thanks anyway.

Well, there's another reason to authenticate -
you can clean up after your mistakes. See how:
http://www.imilly.com/noregrets.htm#cancel

Good luck...
0
Axn