ftp.gnu.org compromised since march

Story on slashdot
http://developers.slashdot.org/developers/03/08/13/1530239.shtml?tid=117
&tid=126&tid=172&tid=99

http://ftp.gnu.org/MISSING-FILES.README

To the Free Software Community:

                                 Summary

   * gnuftp, the FTP server for the GNU project was root compromised.

   * After substantial investigation, we don't believe that any GNU
     source has been compromised.

   * To be extra-careful, we are verifying known, trusted secure
     checksums of all files before putting them back on the FTP site.

                 Events Concerning Cracking of Gnuftp

A root compromise and a Trojan horse were discovered on gnuftp.gnu.org,
the FTP server of the GNU project.  The machine appears to have been
cracked in March 2003, but we only very recently discovered the crack.
The modus operandi of the cracker shows that (s)he was interested
primarily in using gnuftp to collect passwords and as a launching point
attack other machines.  It appears that the machine was cracked using a
ptrace exploit immediately after the exploit was posted on bugtraq.
--
Bloated Elvis
http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#intro

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ 550 Permission denied.
Anyone else getting the same? http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/ 64bit linux build (near bottom of page) Linux/x86_64 Linux/x86_64 .tar.bz2 (readme) (MD5 sum) (SHA1 sum) tries to link to: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/2.33.1/contrib/seamonkey-2.33.1.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2 but that results in a 550 Permission denied error. Yeah, ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/ doesn't work either. However, I remember reading this newsgroup thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.general/Jqm5Q1swEnA ... It is after the 5th so ftp.mo...

Problem loading ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/
I got a problem loading above page?? This is the sixth time I have tried and no go, just get the message **problem loading page**. Any ideas why this is happening?? TIA silverfox38 On 06/14/2014 14:43, silverfox38 wrote: > > I got a problem loading above page?? This is the sixth time I have tried > and no go, just get the message **problem loading page**. > > Any ideas why this is happening?? > > TIA > > > silverfox38 Using FF 28.0 On 06/14/2014 02:46 PM, silverfox38 wrote: > On 06/14/2014 14:43, silverfox38 wrote: >> ...

[meta] perl.org mail, ftp.cpan.org, www.perl.org and so on...
In the next hour or so we will be moving the box hosting ftp.cpan.org, cpan.valueclick.com, (perl|cpan).org mail, www.cpan.org, www.perl.org and so on to the rack next to the one it's in now. The downtime should be less than 10 minutes, but now you are forewarned in case I hit the 110V/230V switch while we move it or something. :-) - ask -- ask bjoern hansen, http://ask.netcetera.dk/ !try; do(); ...

ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/
ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ I have used the above ftp in the past. I notice that the Index now shows "addons" and lists numerically the available addons (extensions ?) - Previously they were listed IIRC "extensions". How does one determine WHAT are the contents of the various "directories" eg "ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/addons/17/" = Chromedit...... Any assistance is greatly appreciated.... regards:captjlddavis On 9/28/2007 15:59, captjlddavis wrote: > ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ > > I have used the above ftp in t...

ftp://ftp.midsomer.org/pub/FAQ_html.zip
I'm trying to download ftp://ftp.midsomer.org/pub/FAQ_html.zip file from ISUG Website.. It says not found. Any one has this one in zip format ? Regards KRV KRV wrote: > > I'm trying to download ftp://ftp.midsomer.org/pub/FAQ_html.zip file from > ISUG Website.. It says not found. Any one has this one in zip format ? ISUG will fix the file problem. We're also looking at having the information it it updated (since its quite out of date now). -am � MMVI ...

Secure FTP
How do I set up secure FTP access for IIS?dene schonknecht microsoft * communications sector * uk I did a quick search of the threads and found one about FTP security here: http://asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=573964 Basically in IIS 6 you can use the “User Isolation Mode” functionality to do exactly what you are talking about. To create a new FTP site that isolates users with Active Directory 1.In IIS Manager,. expand the server node WEB01, expand FTP Sites, right-click Default FTP Site, and then select Stop. 2.Right-click the FTP...

FTP to FTP
Lately I've been seeing scans show up of a port 21 trying to connect to my port 21 (I am not, BTW, running an FTP server). Is this just someone trying to use my IP as the middleman in an FTP bounce attack, assuming my port 21 had been open and with a writeable FTP directory? http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-1997-27.html ...

secure ftp
Is it possible to establish a secure ftp (SSL 3) session from a compliant ftp client inside a Bordermanager (3.5, Netware 5.1) firewall running an ftp proxy to a non Novell secure FTP server on the internet. hi Brian, as far as I know the FTP proxy only supports standard FTP. You'll have to either use NAT or a generic proxy for Secure FTP. -- Caterina Luppi Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Caterina Luppi wrote: > hi Brian, > > as far as I know the FTP proxy only supports standard FTP. You'll > have to either use NAT or a generic proxy f...

Secure FTP
--____QMGLJBGZCYJEERCIPOMM____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 2 Oct 2006 05:19:55 -0500" Is there a way to do SSL for Secure FTP on a NetWare 6.5 SP5 FTP server? If so, how? ________________________________________=F0W=F0W=F0W=F06=F0W=F0W=F0W=F0=F0W= =F0W=F0W=F06=F0W=F0W=F0W=F0Delon E. Weuve=F0W=F0W=F0W=F06=F0W=F0W=F0W=F0Sen= ior Network Engineer=F0W=F0W=F0W=F06=F0W=F0W=F0W=F0Office of Auditor of = State=F0W=F0W=F0W=F06=F0W=F0W=F0W=F0State of Iowa=F0W=F...

secure ftp
Hi folks, since NW6SP4 the ftp server supports secure ftp. Does anyone knows which configuration is necessary to get this running? (certificate, port ....) I can establish an unencrypted connection but if I configure SSL on the ftp client this doesn't works. Any ideas are welcome Thanks Wolfgang Becher -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Wolfgang Becher wrote: > Hi folks, > > since NW6SP4 the ftp server supports secure ftp. > Does anyone knows which configuration is necessary to get this running? > (certif...

Secure FTP
Is there any options for secure FTP on Netware 5.1 or do I need to be running Netware 6.5 for Secure FTP services. WH wrote: > Is there any options for secure FTP on Netware 5.1 > or do I need to be running Netware 6.5 for Secure FTP services. > http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2966658.htm -andy ...

FTP security
I've recently added a built-in FTP server to our web server and I'm trying to make it as secure as I can. I'd like some comments and feedback on what I can do to make it secure for the average end user who knows little about setting up an FTP server. Below is what I've done so far.... "To engage the FTP server, check the box labeled Enable FTP on the main system configuration screen. Then, if you want remote system admin ( webbbs directories ), click on the menu option labeled FTP Settings ( system configuration ) and entire an ADMIN login name and password....

FTP Security
Please accept my apologies if this question has been asked and answered in another thread. If it has, my search failed to turn it up. D-Link makes a NAS product (DNS-323) which allows for the use of an FTP server. I desire to use this built-in functionality; however, after enabling it and making all of the security adjustments (i.e. creating groups/users with permissions, establishing passwords, etc.) I am concerned that a Shields Up scan of my IP shows the port that this server is assigned as being OPEN. :( Is there any way to enable this FTP server functionality without h...

Secure FTP
NW6 SP5 EDir 8.7.3.6 I'm currently running the vanilla nwftp server and I want to upgrade to secure ftp services. I'm kinda' at a loss as to what to do. I've searched the knowledgebase, but found no answers. Can someone point me to a resource? wpeacock@uga.edu wrote: > NW6 SP5 EDir 8.7.3.6 > I'm currently running the vanilla nwftp server and I want to upgrade to > secure ftp services. I'm kinda' at a loss as to what to do. I've searched > the knowledgebase, but found no answers. Can someone point me to a resource? > > Depend...

Web resources about - ftp.gnu.org compromised since march - grc.security

WARNING: This Python Did Not Eat A Man, But Your Facebook Account WAS Compromised!
... one of the methods circulating right now. We’ll explain and tell you what to watch out for and hopefully prevent your account from being compromised. ...

Facebook reveals it was hacked, but says no user data compromised
... detailed a malware attack that occurred last month, but which has been remediated and reportedly did not result in any user data being compromised. ...

Google Site May Be Compromised Label - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
www.seroundtable.com/hacked-sites-google-label-12679.html

YouTube - Ice Cream Sandwich Face Unlock feature compromised
Hochgeladen am 08.11.2011 UPDATE 3: Someone has managed to repeat the same test with similar set up. A Galaxy Nexus was first set up using his ...

Huawei denies US compromised equipment security
Huawei, which has long been dogged by security suspicions, has denied a report its network equipment had been compromised by US spies.

Abbott's RET review compromised by conflict of interest
The oil and gas industry has called for the renewables target to be abolished based on modelling work it paid for from one of the members of ...

Has this government compromised the most sacred process of all, the budget?
The 2014-15 Federal budget is significantly more important to the standing of this Government than past budgets were to its predecessors.

Scribd hacked: as many as 1 million passwords compromised
Hackers broke into the network of popular document sharing service Scribd earlier this week and may have compromised “less than 1 percent” of ...

Adobe hacked: customer data, source code compromised
Adobe has revealed it was the victim of sophisticated cyber attacks on its networks by hackers who accessed data belonging to millions of customers ...

Compromised by politics of the past
The sea-based ''Operation Sovereign Borders'' has been exposed as a complete misallocation of resources.