FTP Port

Could someone please enlighten me on the security implications of
having my FTP port 21 open and the FTP host offline.  Mine is only
online when I'm expecting traffic, it is normally offline.
0
RWCS

FTP Ports open, but no FTP
Hi I have a win 2000 server set up as a web server with several IP adresses (6 total). I am running FTP service on two of these, but when I port scan, all of the IP's have port 21 open. Is this normal? My other services like SMTP and WEB only shows up on the IP's they are supposed to. If I try to connect with my FTP client on one of the IP's that is not set up to run FTP it just says: "Socket connected. Waiting for welcome message." and then after a while I get a timeout. Is it normal or are some nasty Trojan listening and waiting for the right commands to...

Use port knocking for a more secure method of opening ports
Use port knocking for a more secure method of opening ports http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-22_11-5481894.html *********************************************************** Quote *********************************************************** Every open port on a firewall or a router is a security risk. That's why a technique called "port knocking" can be valuable. Port knocking is a method of allowing access to firewalled services given a preconfigured "knock." The knock consists of a sequence of access attempts to closed ports on a system. These attempts a...

secure ftp
Is it possible to establish a secure ftp (SSL 3) session from a compliant ftp client inside a Bordermanager (3.5, Netware 5.1) firewall running an ftp proxy to a non Novell secure FTP server on the internet. hi Brian, as far as I know the FTP proxy only supports standard FTP. You'll have to either use NAT or a generic proxy for Secure FTP. -- Caterina Luppi Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Caterina Luppi wrote: > hi Brian, > > as far as I know the FTP proxy only supports standard FTP. You'll > have to either use NAT or a generic proxy f...

FTP security
I've recently added a built-in FTP server to our web server and I'm trying to make it as secure as I can. I'd like some comments and feedback on what I can do to make it secure for the average end user who knows little about setting up an FTP server. Below is what I've done so far.... "To engage the FTP server, check the box labeled Enable FTP on the main system configuration screen. Then, if you want remote system admin ( webbbs directories ), click on the menu option labeled FTP Settings ( system configuration ) and entire an ADMIN login name and password....

secure ftp
Hi folks, since NW6SP4 the ftp server supports secure ftp. Does anyone knows which configuration is necessary to get this running? (certificate, port ....) I can establish an unencrypted connection but if I configure SSL on the ftp client this doesn't works. Any ideas are welcome Thanks Wolfgang Becher -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Wolfgang Becher wrote: > Hi folks, > > since NW6SP4 the ftp server supports secure ftp. > Does anyone knows which configuration is necessary to get this running? > (certif...

Secure FTP
How do I set up secure FTP access for IIS?dene schonknecht microsoft * communications sector * uk I did a quick search of the threads and found one about FTP security here: http://asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=573964 Basically in IIS 6 you can use the “User Isolation Mode” functionality to do exactly what you are talking about. To create a new FTP site that isolates users with Active Directory 1.In IIS Manager,. expand the server node WEB01, expand FTP Sites, right-click Default FTP Site, and then select Stop. 2.Right-click the FTP...

FTP Security
Please accept my apologies if this question has been asked and answered in another thread. If it has, my search failed to turn it up. D-Link makes a NAS product (DNS-323) which allows for the use of an FTP server. I desire to use this built-in functionality; however, after enabling it and making all of the security adjustments (i.e. creating groups/users with permissions, establishing passwords, etc.) I am concerned that a Shields Up scan of my IP shows the port that this server is assigned as being OPEN. :( Is there any way to enable this FTP server functionality without h...

Port Security
I am new at this so please go easy on me. Having read the DDoS pages I tried what was suggested to test ports 113 & 6667. Below are responses I received. Have I a potential problem or am I being paranoid? netstat -an � find ":6667" TCP 0.0.0.0:6667 0.0.0.0.0 listening The test for 113 returned a blank line so is apparently OK. I run Zonealarm . I would appreciate any help available. Not that I know of! But then I probably wouldn't know anyway. "Magnus Mischel" <mischel@linux.nu> wrote in message news:Xns9147EF1842D3E2937849283472983...

Secure FTP
NW6 SP5 EDir 8.7.3.6 I'm currently running the vanilla nwftp server and I want to upgrade to secure ftp services. I'm kinda' at a loss as to what to do. I've searched the knowledgebase, but found no answers. Can someone point me to a resource? wpeacock@uga.edu wrote: > NW6 SP5 EDir 8.7.3.6 > I'm currently running the vanilla nwftp server and I want to upgrade to > secure ftp services. I'm kinda' at a loss as to what to do. I've searched > the knowledgebase, but found no answers. Can someone point me to a resource? > > Depend...

FTP to FTP
Lately I've been seeing scans show up of a port 21 trying to connect to my port 21 (I am not, BTW, running an FTP server). Is this just someone trying to use my IP as the middleman in an FTP bounce attack, assuming my port 21 had been open and with a writeable FTP directory? http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-1997-27.html ...

Secure FTP
Hi, I am currently running NW5.1 with FTP running on it. I have downloaded and installed version 5.04h of NWFTPD.NLM which from TID 2966658 I belive has secure FTP support. My only question what configuration, if any, is required on the server end to enable secure FTP. Thanks Leigh , I believe all you need is a valid SSL cert (KMO) assocaited with the server object ... and, of course, a "tested" ftps client .. Peter Novell Product Support Forum 'NDS Rules!' ...

Port security
I am trying to increase security on my 5.1 server by shutting down unnecessary ports. Is there a good resource that will help me with a listing of ports that must be kept open as well as a "how to" on closing them? Thanks, Shawn http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10013531.htm http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10065719.htm -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily tho...

Secure FTP
Is there any options for secure FTP on Netware 5.1 or do I need to be running Netware 6.5 for Secure FTP services. WH wrote: > Is there any options for secure FTP on Netware 5.1 > or do I need to be running Netware 6.5 for Secure FTP services. > http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2966658.htm -andy ...

Secure FTP
--____QMGLJBGZCYJEERCIPOMM____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 2 Oct 2006 05:19:55 -0500" Is there a way to do SSL for Secure FTP on a NetWare 6.5 SP5 FTP server? If so, how? ________________________________________=F0W=F0W=F0W=F06=F0W=F0W=F0W=F0=F0W= =F0W=F0W=F06=F0W=F0W=F0W=F0Delon E. Weuve=F0W=F0W=F0W=F06=F0W=F0W=F0W=F0Sen= ior Network Engineer=F0W=F0W=F0W=F06=F0W=F0W=F0W=F0Office of Auditor of = State=F0W=F0W=F0W=F06=F0W=F0W=F0W=F0State of Iowa=F0W=F...

Web resources about - FTP Port - grc.security

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Why flogging the Port of Melbourne is Premier Dan Andrews' great folly
... and Fremantle coach), was trying to get information out of senior Treasury and Finance Department public servants, about the sale of the Port ...

Bushfire alert for Port Kennedy and Secret Harbour
A bushfire alert has been issued for parts of Port Kennedy and Secret Harbour, with a possible risk to lives and homes.

Controversial nuclear waste shipment arrives in Port Kembla
A ship carrying&nbsp;25 tonnes of nuclear waste will be transported to Sydney's Lucas Heights after it&nbsp;arrived in the state's south&nbsp;on ...

Port of Melbourne sale is going adrift
When it comes to funding infrastructure, the state's interests sometimes are not the top priority. What is it about transport infrastructure ...

Li Keqiang Visits Malaysia's Malacca Port
CRIENGLISH.com Li Keqiang Visits Malaysia's Malacca Port CRIENGLISH.com Chinese Premier Li Keqiang (2nd L, front) interacts with old friends ...

Report: Apple plans to nix 3.5mm port on iPhone 7, require Lightning for wired headphones
Citing a reliable source, a report from Japanese blog Macotakara claims that Apple plans to remove the 3.5mm headphone port from the upcoming ...