anyone use mint.com or yodlee.com

both mint.com and yodlee.com allow an individual to consolidate all bank
accounts, credit cards, mutual funds, etc.. in a "single view"

my concern is, are they safe?

0
mgwmp

In grc.security, mgwmp wrote:

>both mint.com and yodlee.com allow an individual to consolidate all bank
>accounts, credit cards, mutual funds, etc.. in a "single view"
>
>my concern is, are they safe?

I've seen articles citing privacy concerns with mint.com but I don't
have the links handy.

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22mint.com%22+privacy&btnG=Google+Search>
<http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q=%22mint.com%22+security&btnG=Search>

--
js
http://justheadlines.awardspace.com
In grc.security, mgwmp wrote:

>both mint.com and yodlee.com allow an individual to consolidate all bank
>accounts, credit cards, mutual funds, etc.. in a "single view"
>
>my concern is, are they safe?

Is Mint Ready for Your Money?:
<http://lifehacker.com/software/screenshot-tour/is-mint-ready-for-your-money-312083.php>

--
js
http://justheadlines.awardspace.com
0
john
10/19/2007 12:46:59 AM
"mgwmp" <p.zie@cnn.com> wrote in message news:ff8gnr$9ot$1@news.grc.com...
> both mint.com and yodlee.com allow an individual to consolidate all bank
> accounts, credit cards, mutual funds, etc.. in a "single view"
>
> my concern is, are they safe?

I think they are apples and oranges.  The Yodlee site says Mint is one of
their customers.  Yodlee only works with companies.  It doesn't provide a
service like Mint.  Mint uses Yodlee to provide its service, like Chase does
with Chase Online Plus.  If you trust another entity to have access to your
account numbers and passwords, they are "safe".

--
Robert
GRC Newsgroups/Guidelines/No Regrets

0
Robert
10/19/2007 1:56:30 PM
Robert Wycoff wrote:
> "mgwmp" <p.zie@cnn.com> wrote in message news:ff8gnr$9ot$1@news.grc.com...
>> both mint.com and yodlee.com allow an individual to consolidate all bank
>> accounts, credit cards, mutual funds, etc.. in a "single view"
>>
>> my concern is, are they safe?
>
> I think they are apples and oranges.  The Yodlee site says Mint is one of
> their customers.  Yodlee only works with companies.  It doesn't provide a
> service like Mint.  Mint uses Yodlee to provide its service, like Chase does
> with Chase Online Plus.  If you trust another entity to have access to your
> account numbers and passwords, they are "safe".

Yet another battle lost in the war of security vs convenience 8^(
0
Dave
10/19/2007 7:43:19 PM
Scares the crudola out of me...

"mgwmp" <p.zie@cnn.com> wrote in message news:ff8gnr$9ot$1@news.grc.com...
> both mint.com and yodlee.com allow an individual to consolidate all bank
> accounts, credit cards, mutual funds, etc.. in a "single view"
>
> my concern is, are they safe?

0
Brent
10/21/2007 4:52:04 AM
On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 21:52:04 -0700, "Brent"
<bburzycki@removethis.gmail.com> wrote:

>Scares the crudola out of me...

That word is reminding me of a cartoon I saw once, about a program to
analyze oil samples. The computer printed out 4 things about that
sample:

1. black
2. icky
3. yucky
4. smells like dinosaur fart

Mint.com does sound too risky.

>"mgwmp" <p.zie@cnn.com> wrote in message news:ff8gnr$9ot$1@news.grc.com...
>> both mint.com and yodlee.com allow an individual to consolidate all bank
>> accounts, credit cards, mutual funds, etc.. in a "single view"
>>
>> my concern is, are they safe?

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy
0
Mark
10/21/2007 4:49:06 PM
So number 4?
:)

"Mark Lloyd" <mlloyd@nomail.nocom.invalid> wrote in message
> On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 21:52:04 -0700, "Brent"
> <bburzycki@removethis.gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Scares the crudola out of me...
>>

> That word is reminding me of a cartoon I saw once, about a program to
> analyze oil samples. The computer printed out 4 things about that
> sample:
>
> 1. black
> 2. icky
> 3. yucky
> 4. smells like dinosaur fart
>
> Mint.com does sound too risky.

0
Brent
10/21/2007 9:02:46 PM
Mark Lloyd wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 21:52:04 -0700, "Brent"
> <bburzycki@removethis.gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Scares the crudola out of me...
>>

> That word is reminding me of a cartoon I saw once, about a program to
> analyze oil samples. The computer printed out 4 things about that
> sample:
>
> 1. black
> 2. icky
> 3. yucky
> 4. smells like dinosaur fart

Um, Prove it

> Mint.com does sound too risky.
>
>> "mgwmp" <p.zie@cnn.com> wrote in message news:ff8gnr$9ot$1@news.grc.com...
>>> both mint.com and yodlee.com allow an individual to consolidate all bank
>>> accounts, credit cards, mutual funds, etc.. in a "single view"
>>>
>>> my concern is, are they safe?

0
Dave
10/21/2007 10:27:39 PM
On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 14:27:39 -0800, Dave Keays <dave@mailinator.com>
wrote:

>Mark Lloyd wrote:
>> On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 21:52:04 -0700, "Brent"
>> <bburzycki@removethis.gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Scares the crudola out of me...
>>>

>> That word is reminding me of a cartoon I saw once, about a program to
>> analyze oil samples. The computer printed out 4 things about that
>> sample:
>>
>> 1. black
>> 2. icky
>> 3. yucky
>> 4. smells like dinosaur fart
>
>Um, Prove it

Can I borrow your time machine?

>> Mint.com does sound too risky.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy
0
Mark
10/22/2007 2:12:30 AM
In grc.security, john s. smith wrote:

>In grc.security, mgwmp wrote:
>
>>both mint.com and yodlee.com allow an individual to consolidate all bank
>>accounts, credit cards, mutual funds, etc.. in a "single view"
>>
>>my concern is, are they safe?
>
>Is Mint Ready for Your Money?:
><http://lifehacker.com/software/screenshot-tour/is-mint-ready-for-your-money-312083.php>

Mint.com Responds To Security Concerns:
<http://consumerist.com/consumer/identity-theft/mintcom-responds-to-security-concerns-314231.php>
<http://www.filife.com/mint-is-your-bank-information-secure/>

--
js
http://justheadlines.awardspace.com
0
john

FireFox locks up when using Drudgereport.com/breitbart.com/g.thinktarget.com
Name: Jim Blood Email: jimblood_at_macserve.net Product: Firefox Summary: FireFox locks up when using Drudgereport.com/breitbart.com/g.thinktarget.com Comments: Sirs; I traced my problem back to your banner ad that g.thinktarget.com is running on behalf of breitbart.com when I click on a drudgereport.com article. I am passing your banner ad webpage on to a list of FireFox users so that they too can be aware that everytime the g.thinktarget.com URL appears it forces me to shut down my FireFox application. Now this doesn't happen with Mozilla, but I've got a lot of ...

geobutton.com geoup.com, geobytes.com networldmap.com?
Do these website have the potensial for privacy 'invasion'? If you just to be on the safe side want them in your host file (I did a DNS Zone Query): # Geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 radev.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 devadmin.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 ra.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 new.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 comdev.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 buttondev.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 mail.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 www.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 image.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 dev.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 button.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 map.geoup.com # Geoup.com ...

Mint.com Security
Does anyone have any opinions as to how secure or unsecure mint.com is? www.mint.com PC Magazine mentioned it in the free software section of it's March issue. It is a web based site that reports all your transactions for your credit card, bank accounts etc, by logging in to their sites using your own log in information. They claim not to keep any of your information on their servers. ...

MyBoatPlans.com

need to remove XSRemover.com; WorldAntiSpy.com; WinHoun.com and PSGuard.com
I have a long distance friend I am trying to help remove some desktop hijackers. The info online is limited. I have found that some of those are desktop hijackers. I told the person to check Add Remove to see if those are installed and run Ad Aware Se and Spybot Search and Destroy. Is there a remover for those or a place that tells how to manually clean up the machine. -- Firewire "Firewire" <firewire@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message news:dn9m9d$m0q$1@news.grc.com... >I have a long distance friend I am trying to help remove some desktop > hij...

a turtle when using ebay.com and digg.com
Name: john Email: jandb93atspringnet1dotcom Product: Firefox Summary: a turtle when using ebay.com and digg.com Comments: My firefox experience is terrible when using ebay.com and digg.com I have to wait at least 1-2 minutes for each page to build. It makes for a very poor experience when using these sites. I have switched to safari and opera and neither of these browsers have any issues with the above two sites. I even formated my computer reinstalled OS and then firefox (latest download) and the problem still happens. Please fix the issue. I really prefer to use fire...

Code regardin post: Spread 8 COM
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_5f856.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Code samples Spread Custom Cell Sample.zip = Delphi code Spread_ActiveX_Samples.zip = GrapeCity sample (VB, VC) -- Regards, Ronald Hoek Application Developer ComponentAgro B.V. Oud-Beijerland - The Netherlands http://www.componentagro.nl KvK: H24264020 --JivePart=_5f856.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/zip; name="Spread_Act...

Anyone using Salesforce.com?
Just curious to see if anyone else is using Salesforce.com. We are and we're a Novell shop w/ a GW 7 server. We were excited to hear about the Outlook connector for GW 7 as it would allow us to use the SFDC Outlook plugin... we're seeing some inconsistent behavior and I just wanted to see if anyone else was trying to do the same thing. Thanks! Jesse Jesse, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the ...

Anyone use my.1password.com ?
Im curious if anyone here has used my.1password.com . I use 1Password on my Mac, and it woudl be nice to use my.1password.com to access my data on my Windows and Linus machines. I am a bit worried about the security aspect of storing my passwords on their website, but supposedly your data is encrypted and decrypted on your computer (not the server). Anyone try it? Any thoughts? Zak wrote: > Im curious if anyone here has used my.1password.com . I use 1Password on my > Mac, and it woudl be nice to use my.1password.com to access my data on my > Windows and Linus machines....

COM/COM+ Components
We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard in PowerBuilder 11.5. Alternatives are deploying your NVO as a .NET Web Service or as a .NET Assembly. Would removing this feature have an impact on you? Regards, Dave Fish Sybase PowerBuilder Blog: http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/ Dave; By this you mean allowing PB to build a COM Server? Chris "Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <n0Spam__dfish@sybase.com> wrote in message news:gm2j24hk7o0pedrhc3kudlg2tqdgs8hjei@4ax.com... > We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard i...

Anyone use HalfPriceHosts.com?
http://www.halfpricehosts.com/ Seems too good to be true. Anyone have experience with this host?   Hosting Features ASP 3.0 ASP.NET 2.0 Premium Bandwidth 100% Uptime Guarantee MS SQL Databases Virtual Directories WebMail USA Data Center Intel P4 RAID Servers Email Aliases Domain Aliases Domain Forwarder Control Panel Advanced Statistics Virus Scanning Spam Protection Secure Folders SSL Secure Domains  24/7 Monitoring Offsite Backups Only $1 Instant Setup     All for <$1 / mont...

COM/COM+ component
Hi Does anyone have an simple example of COM/COM+ component and the way to use it ? cheer <Muriel> wrote in message news:417783cf.293.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi > > Does anyone have an simple example of COM/COM+ component and > the way to use it ? > > cheer Check the ole-ocx-activex group. There are also several examples in the help documentation. -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] ...

anyone use anonymise.com?
Does any one use http://redirect.anonymise.com/ and if so what do you think of it? Thanks in advance, ...

I use dns wildcard (*) from mydomain.com (*.mydomail.com)
 I use dns wildcard (*) from mydomain.com (*.mydomail.com), When open  aaa.mydomain.com or bbb.mydomain.com it access to mydomain.com,How can i grab  "aaa"  or  "bbb" on url?,   I use   Request.Url ,Request.Severvariable   but it return only "mydomain.com"  Hi, try this  string firstpart = null; if (Request.Url.Host.IndexOf('.') > -1) { firstpart = Request.Url.Host.Substring(0, Request.Url.Host.IndexOf('.')); } Please mark post as answe...

Web resources about - anyone use mint.com or yodlee.com - grc.security

South Korea resumes propaganda broadcasts hated by North
South Korea on Friday resumed high-decibel propaganda broadcasts into North Korea as the United States ramped up pressure on China to bring Pyongyang ...

Star Wars The Force Awakens’ First TV Channel Purchase, Hasbro Decides On Rey Monopoly Controversy, And ...
Star Wars The Force Awakens is smashing records and prepping for a whole new Star Wars franchise, so to say it is a hot commodity at the moment ...

Asian equities swing as China tries to settle markets
Chinese equities led another day of volatility across Asia on Friday as investors were panicked by Beijing's attempts to stabilise its beleaguered ...

'Game of Thrones' is Nearing a Renewal for Seasons 7 & 8
Fans of Game of Thrones probably saw this coming already, but it’s exciting to hear that it’s almost official! The hit HBO series is close to ...

Paris Police Kill Attacker Wearing Fake Explosive Vest
On Thursday, the Associated Press reports , outside a police station, in Paris, police officers shot and killed a man waving a knife and wearing ...

Netflix comes to India soon after CES 2016 keynote, pricing start at Rs 500 a month
Netflix's video-streaming service will look at censoring on a case to case basis

Gun owners grill Obama at town hall, NRA sits it out
By Jeff Mason FAIRFAX, Va. (Reuters) - President Barack Obama fielded tough questions from gun owners at a televised town hall on Thursday, defending ...

T-Mobile Binge On gets 14 more services, Legere speaks up
T-Mobile's Binge On near unlimited video streaming feature has become the carrier's most popular Un-carrier moves. At least according to the ...

Lenovo, Google partner on Project Tango smartphone
Lenovo is partnering with Google to develop a new smartphone that could change the way people see and understand the physical world around them. ...

The £100million lottery weekend with two jackpots on Friday and Saturday
The weekend of massive cash prizes has triggered a rush to buy tickets, with sales running at up to 200 a second. There was no winner of the ...