Adapter, Protocol, and Service Binding

Hi

Can someone please point me to a page containing instructions on how to
unbind unnecessary services etc in win XP Home.

Steves network bondage page only covers win 95/98 & NT4.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
0
Bikermike

Bikermike <nospam@net.ntl.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can someone please point me to a page containing instructions on how to
> unbind unnecessary services etc in win XP Home.
>
> Steves network bondage page only covers win 95/98 & NT4.

Steve's site is targeted at Windows computers that have NetBIOS installed.
NetBIOS is not installed in XP by default.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q301041&

If your ports are stealth on the security test sites, there is nothing to
do.

http://www.dslreports.com/scan
http://scan.sygate.com
http://www.pcflank.com/test.htm

--
Robert
List of Lists - http://lists.gpick.com/

"Robert Wycoff" <Don't.use.Lockdown@any.price> wrote in message
> Bikermike <nospam@net.ntl.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Can someone please point me to a page containing instructions on how to
> > unbind unnecessary services etc in win XP Home.
> >
> > Steves network bondage page only covers win 95/98 & NT4.
>
> Steve's site is targeted at Windows computers that have NetBIOS installed.
> NetBIOS is not installed in XP by default.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q301041&
>
> If your ports are stealth on the security test sites, there is nothing to
> do.
>
> http://www.dslreports.com/scan
> http://scan.sygate.com
> http://www.pcflank.com/test.htm

Thanks for the prompt reply

Mike
0
Bikermike
10/22/2002 4:23:00 PM
Bikermike

http://www.blkviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm
--
Quality links: http://lists.gpick.com/
0

> Hi
>
> Can someone please point me to a page containing instructions on how to
> unbind unnecessary services etc in win XP Home.
>
> Steves network bondage page only covers win 95/98 & NT4.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Mike,

This is one of my favorites:
http://www.blkviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

--
Bob Vanderveen
"He who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me."