0.0.0.0

Can someone tell me the function of this scan?
FWIN,2001/08/28,20:06:43 -6:00 GMT,0.0.0.0:800,255.255.255.255:800,UDP
0
Ben
8/29/2001 2:10:00 AM
grc.security 16608 articles. 3 followers. Follow

4 Replies
2162 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 18

"Ben" <notben@home.com> wrote in message
news:9mhion$2hf9$1@news.grc.com...
> Can someone tell me the function of this scan?
> FWIN,2001/08/28,20:06:43 -6:00 GMT,0.0.0.0:800,255.255.255.255:800,UDP

Ben,

I haven't a clue.

800 TCP mdbs_daemon
800 UDP mdbs_daemon

http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html

http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html#3.6

http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html#3.2
--
� 
-- 
Robert
grc.com forum FAQ - http://grc.com/discussions.htm
grc.com forum quick reference - http://grc.com/nntpquickref.htm
grc.com forum disclaimer - http://grc.com/forumdisclaimer.htm
grc.com privacy statement - http://grc.com/privacy.htm
0
Robert
8/29/2001 1:41:00 PM
Thanks for the reply, Robert.  I looked at the links and have also read a
lot of security site pages and still am not clear as to the meaning of a
scan with 0.0.0.0 on port 800 going to the entire subnet.  I suppose it is
just an automatic  maintenance function since i only see it when zone Alarm
is stopped for all network traffic.

I have emailed Zone Alarm on other questions but I guess my free system is
low on their priorities.  The main question I wanted them to answer is
"since I only see blocks to certain identifiable network computers (people
on my @home network) which look like udp scans when I am totally stopped
(not just locked) and not when I am running in normal firewall mode, does
this mean those scans are getting through the firewall or since I run Win98
which supposedly has only a couple of open udp ports are they simply ignored
by the system?  Maybe ZA will respond in a week or two.  Thanks again, Ben
0
Ben
8/29/2001 4:55:00 PM
"Ben" <notben@home.com> wrote in message
news:9mj6jl$1d81$1@news.grc.com...

> I have emailed Zone Alarm on other questions but I guess my free system
is
> low on their priorities.  The main question I wanted them to answer is
> "since I only see blocks to certain identifiable network computers
(people
> on my @home network) which look like udp scans when I am totally stopped
> (not just locked) and not when I am running in normal firewall mode,
does
> this mean those scans are getting through the firewall or since I run
Win98
> which supposedly has only a couple of open udp ports are they simply
ignored
> by the system?  Maybe ZA will respond in a week or two.  Thanks again,
Ben

Ben try another Subject for a new post; ZA question about 0.0.0.0, or
whatever, so that Marcus or Rebeccah will have an easier time finding your
post.

Someone suggested we should put the product in our Subject field so that
they could use their newsreader filters to filter out the posts they don't
want to read.  It's the only way we have to get to the things we are
interested in without asking Steve to create separate newsgroups for
different products, which he really doesn't want to do.
--
� 
-- 
Robert
grc.com forum FAQ - http://grc.com/discussions.htm
grc.com forum quick reference - http://grc.com/nntpquickref.htm
grc.com forum disclaimer - http://grc.com/forumdisclaimer.htm
grc.com privacy statement - http://grc.com/privacy.htm
0
Robert
8/29/2001 6:42:00 PM
What do you mean normal mode. Don't you have it turned right up- I mean all
the way?  Do you have a home network?
If not,  turn it to the max. man.
But, yes it does sound like normal IP stuff.
However, did have a "scan" from 255.255.255.255,
probably spoofed IP addy.


JD


"Ben" <notben@home.com> wrote in message news:9mj6jl$1d81$1@news.grc.com...
> Thanks for the reply, Robert.  I looked at the links and have also read a
> lot of security site pages and still am not clear as to the meaning of a
> scan with 0.0.0.0 on port 800 going to the entire subnet.  I suppose it is
> just an automatic  maintenance function since i only see it when zone
Alarm
> is stopped for all network traffic.
>
> I have emailed Zone Alarm on other questions but I guess my free system is
> low on their priorities.  The main question I wanted them to answer is
> "since I only see blocks to certain identifiable network computers (people
> on my @home network) which look like udp scans when I am totally stopped
> (not just locked) and not when I am running in normal firewall mode, does
> this mean those scans are getting through the firewall or since I run
Win98
> which supposedly has only a couple of open udp ports are they simply
ignored
> by the system?  Maybe ZA will respond in a week or two.  Thanks again, Ben
>
>
0
Ovrwrk
9/24/2001 10:04:00 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

0.0.0.0 ????
Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? Thanks for educating the uneducated. In article <MPG.18bf7ade16e851cb989680@news.grc.com>, shr@p.com says... > > > Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? > > Thanks for educating the uneducated. > Any available adapter - i.e. not bound to specific IP address. -- Bloated Elvis In article <MPG.18bf7ade16e851cb989680@news.grc.com>, shr@p.com says... > > > Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? > > Thanks for educating the une...

63.0.0.0.0/255..0.0.0
Has anyone ever heard of this or know where it goes to.It was asking permission to act as a server? Thanks in advance for any help. "pb" <nothing@nomail.com> wrote in message news:9pa1u4$38b$1@news.grc.com... > Has anyone ever heard of this or know where it goes to.It was asking > permission to act as a server? Thanks in advance for any help. If it shows in your firewall log, can you post a copy of it? -- � -- Robert grc.com forum FAQ - http://grc.com/discussions.htm grc.com forum quick reference - http://grc.com/nntpquickref.htm grc.com forum disclaim...

IP Address 0.0.0.0.0
Some Agent which crosses proxy (MS ISA proxy) are register to the database with 0.0.0.0. When the agent send a request to the server for register, the field ContactAddress has 0.0.0.0 .0 The same PC - Agent without passing a proxy (another location) send a good ContactAdress IP when it register to the server. (Proxy or not) how agent defined addresses IP before to send for registration ? (Locally, with a service network, patchlink network) christian Astinx, can you post the agent update log? -- Shaun Pond PatchLink Update Agent.log 2006/10/23 10:45:14.033...

!27.0.0.1 vs. 0.0.0.0
I can use any number of tools to see what ports I have listening and/or connected. But among the *Listening* ports, some are 127.0.0.1 and some are 0.0.0.0. What is the difference between 127.0.0.1 and 0.0.0.0 ? Since I've got both - there MUST be a difference. Thanks, Alan 0.0.0.0 stands for all interfaces (example: yourIPaddress,127.0.0.1-127.254.254.254) 127.0.0.1 stands for local interface only (127.0.0.1) > 0.0.0.0 stands for all interfaces > (example: yourIPaddress,127.0.0.1-127.254.254.254) > > 127.0.0.1 stands for local interface only (127....

0.0.0.0 IP ADRESS
Hi !I cant understanding. why the my pc documets using 0.0.0.0 ip adress out for internet ? expecially inetsvc.exe and I got active ports program. I see that, the some of the xp (server 2003) documents using 0.0.0.0 ip adress... is there anyone for help this subject. ? and our server (they have dedicated server) no giving us any information about their company. anyone can be know that why ? and I checked my pc with netstat - r ! its seem so different information that my adsl information...thanksARKIN Explain your problem better please, would love to help you on this subject.Bryan Samp...

IP address 0.0.0.0
I am curious to find out entries in my router log (Linksys) which have LAN IP of 0.0.0.0 and destination URL/IP of �. Does nayone know what it means? Is this any hacker activity? Sam <nspam@nospam.net> wrote: > I am curious to find out entries in my router log (Linksys) which > have LAN IP of 0.0.0.0 and destination URL/IP of �. Does nayone know > what it means? Is this any hacker activity? http://www.geocities.com/merijn_bellekom/new/netstatan.html -- Robert GRC newsgroup tips - http://www.imilly.com/noregrets.htm List of Lists - http://lists.gpick.com/ Privac...

[ 0.0.3461.0 ]
Gang... Quick fix of increasing the Add/Remove dialog's inter-button spacing to see whether that cures the effect Robin and others found when using the Classic Windows theme. Did that fix it??? <g> -- ________________________________________________________________ Steve. Working on: GRC's DNS Benchmark utility: http://www.grc.com/dev/DNSBench.exe [for the unabridged version, see Steve Gibson post above] > Did that fix it??? <g> That appears to have done the trick. And the increased spacing makes the result look much nice under the ...

[ 0.0.3460.0 ]
Gang... I decided to put up today's first build since it incorporates Sparky's really perfect improvement to the Add/Remove dialog. :) -- ________________________________________________________________ Steve. Working on: GRC's DNS Benchmark utility: http://www.grc.com/dev/DNSBench.exe Steve Gibson wrote: > Gang... > > I decided to put up today's first build since it incorporates > Sparky's really perfect improvement to the Add/Remove dialog. > > :) > I had already worked out a bunch of tests and I've found a ...

[PATCH] When is 0 + 0 != 0
A non-existing buffer + a non-existing buffer should be a non-existing buffer, not "", which is really '\0'. Index: string.c =================================================================== RCS file: /home/perlcvs/parrot/string.c,v retrieving revision 1.50 diff -u -r1.50 string.c --- string.c 28 Feb 2002 18:26:07 -0000 1.50 +++ string.c 1 Mar 2002 05:22:54 -0000 @@ -267,7 +265,7 @@ return string_copy(interpreter, b); } else { - return string_make(interpreter, "", 0, NULL, 0, NU...

Set DateTime to nothing or 0 0 0 0 0 how? C#
How can I set this DateTime to nothing or zero hours, zero minutes, 0 seconds  DateTime tempOrgDate   Regards,-- "Mark As Answer" if my reply helped you --  By default a new DateTime starts out at {01/01/0001 00:00:00} This is taken from MinValue = {01/01/0001 00:00:00} You cant set it any lower than that. Attempts to will generate a compiler error. The alternative is to declare it as null like:DateTime tempOrgDate = null;   sukumarraju:How can I set this DateTime to nothing or zero hours, zero minutes, 0 seconds &nbs...

0.0.
Name: lethanhnguyen1990@gmail.com Email: lethanhnguyen1990atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 0.0. Comments: good Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0b9pre) Gecko/20110107 Firefox/4.0b9pre From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

BitCannon V.0.0.0.0.1
I got fed up with how slow file transfers over instant messaging clients are, so I made this: http://ossbox.com/bitcannon.htm (sorry for the terrible web page) _QUOTE_ BitCannon is an easy to use secure file transfer program. It lets you send and receive files over the internet through a direct and encrypted connection. By using BitCannon, you'll be able to send files to your friends as fast as your internet connection will allow. All of your data is securely encrypted and authenticated, so you'll never have to worry about anyone else being able to see the files you send! ...

$foo[0][0] versus $foo[0;0]
Hi, I'm reviewing the tests in S09, and the file t/spec/S02-builtin_data_types/multi_dimensional_array.t uses the [0][0] indexing format interchangeably with [0;0]. These two formats mean two different things, correct? The [0][0] form isn't mentioned much in the spec, nor is [0;0] or if they interact somehow. Thanks, -- Adrian Kreher On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 02:17:10PM -0500, Adrian Kreher wrote: : Hi, : : I'm reviewing the tests in S09, and the file : t/spec/S02-builtin_data_types/multi_dimensional_array.t uses the [0][0] : indexing format interchangea...

Assembly version 0.0.0.0 error
Recently I added a new web page to the portal project and pasted code in it from another similar page to make life easier but started getting this error. I read other posts but to no avail. I have no clue why this is happening given that almost similar code in another page is working fine. BTW, the page with the error is loaded from javascript code behind a Hyperlink in a datagrid. Please Help Server Error in '/PWCDev' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Could not load type ASPNetPortal.TimeTracker.Web.Billing_OtherChar...

Web resources about - 0.0.0.0 - grc.security

Rockin’ Star Wars Theme
A group called Galactic Empire plays the main Star Wars theme in a manner you’ve probably not heard before. They give the dark side a real workout ...

One Dead and Over 30 Injured in Crash on Vegas Strip
New York Times One Dead and Over 30 Injured in Crash on Vegas Strip New York Times A car careened onto a crowded sidewalk on the Las Vegas ...

Experts: Jet Crew Shouldn't Tell Passengers of Bomb Scare
ABC News Experts: Jet Crew Shouldn't Tell Passengers of Bomb Scare ABC News A child rests as passengers go through security screening at Moi ...

Spain faces struggle to form government after historic polls
Spain faces a struggle to form a stable government Monday following historic elections that saw the incumbent conservatives score a win but no ...

Hundreds protest release of New Delhi rapist
Salt Lake Tribune Hundreds protest release of New Delhi rapist Salt Lake Tribune Indian youth shout slogans as they are detained by police ...

Landslide devastates Chinese industrial park, 91 missing
By Ben Blanchard BEIJING (Reuters) - At least 91 people were missing after a huge mound of mud and construction waste collapsed at a business ...

Ted Cruz Maintains Big Lead in Iowa
Here's more for the "establishment is doomed" files : Ted Cruz maintains a strong lead over Donald Trump in Iowa, according to the results of ...

Lebanese militant leader killed in Israeli raid in Syria
Reuters Lebanese militant leader killed in Israeli raid in Syria - Hezbollah Reuters BEIRUT An Israeli air strike killed Samir Qantar, a Hezbollah ...

Learner drivers to get lessons on the motorway for the first time
Learner drivers could have lessons on motorways for the first time, in a bid to ensure they have tackled challenging conditions with a qualified ...

SpaceX delays launch and landing test of Falcon 9 rocket
(By Irene Klotz, Reuters) – Elon Musk’s SpaceX on Sunday postponed launch of an upgraded Falcon 9 rocket and an attempt to land the booster at ...

Resources last updated: 12/21/2015 7:55:53 AM