Time-Freeze surf security

I just discovered this security app. I click one button
before I go surfing into dodgy territory. The only part
I don't like is that when I want to turn it off so that I
can download something that I want to keep, or do
anything I want to keep, I have to reboot. I suppose
it's just another sandbox program, but I like it.

 From website:
Toolwiz Time Freeze
*A freeware for everyone, you can use it at any place,
for any purpose.
*One click to put your Windows system in a sandbox,
no need to reboot.
*Protect your PC from any undesired changes, malicious
threats, or dangerous plugins.
*Protect your system from any virus, malware, and adware,
with no need to update every day.
*Make your system solid, you will always use a brand new
PC every day.
*Try and test any new software in your system.
*All the changes will be discarded when your system is closed,
except the ones in the Exclusion List.
http://www.toolwiz.com/products/toolwiz-time-freeze/
PZ
0
PrivacyZealot
2/14/2014 7:37:33 PM
grc.security.software 15003 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 2/14/2014 2:37 PM, PrivacyZealot wrote:
> I just discovered this security app. I click one button
> before I go surfing into dodgy territory. The only part
> I don't like is that when I want to turn it off so that I
> can download something that I want to keep, or do
> anything I want to keep, I have to reboot. I suppose
> it's just another sandbox program, but I like it.
>
>  From website:
> Toolwiz Time Freeze
> *A freeware for everyone, you can use it at any place,
> for any purpose.
> *One click to put your Windows system in a sandbox,
> no need to reboot.
> *Protect your PC from any undesired changes, malicious
> threats, or dangerous plugins.
> *Protect your system from any virus, malware, and adware,
> with no need to update every day.
> *Make your system solid, you will always use a brand new
> PC every day.
> *Try and test any new software in your system.
> *All the changes will be discarded when your system is closed,
> except the ones in the Exclusion List.
> http://www.toolwiz.com/products/toolwiz-time-freeze/
> PZ
 From website:
"If you want Toolwiz Time Freeze old version which supports exiting
freeze mode without reboot,  download it here. Download Old Version."

0
John

security too secure

How secure is secure?

when is secure, secure?

Software [In]Security: Twitter Security
Making Your Thoughts as Small and Incomplete as Possible Just for the record, I don't use Twitter. But if this column were a Twitter entry, it might read something like: http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1350268&cid=nl_DR_DAILY_T -- "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

Is security software becoming a security risk?
"Due to bugs in antivirus software, the security suite becomes a risk by itself, and adding multiple pieces of security software makes the problem worse, not better "... <http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/11/21/Is-security-software-becoming-a-security-risk_1.html> or http://preview.tinyurl.com/2nkk9r -- js http://justheadlines.exofire.net john s. smith wrote: > "Due to bugs in antivirus software, the security suite becomes a risk > by itself, and adding multiple pieces of security software makes the > problem worse, not better "... > ...

F-Secure Readies Security Software For Linux
F-Secure Corp. on Tuesday unveiled security software for open-source Samba file servers and Linux, addressing a need that's growing within the enterprise market. The Finnish company announced the availability of antivirus software for Samba that automatically detects and removes viruses from files stored on the server. The new product is meant to protect all Samba-attached computers from malicious code that could enter the network from a Windows or Linux machine. Next month, F-Secure plans to ship a Linux version of F-Secure Policy Manager, which will extend centrally managed ...

What do security guards and computer security software have in common???
http://www.securitynewsportal.com/article.php?sid=920&mode=thread&order=0 -- Regard: Joh@nnes� 1216771 Ont.Inc. "Nothing is more damaging to a new truth than an old error" ...

Security software to secure USB flash drives?
Hello, does anyone know of some software (preferably freeware that would password protect access to a USB flash drive?) Currentlty the drive I have is open wide as soon as it is plugged in. Any help would be appreciated. Paul -- Calculating in binary code is as easy as 01,10,11. Paul Jackson wrote: > Hello, > > does anyone know of some software (preferably freeware that would > password protect access to a USB flash drive?) > > Currentlty the drive I have is open wide as soon as it is plugged in. > > Any help would be appreciated. >...

Securing Your Starbucks Experience: How to surf wifi securely
followup to grc.security.wireless Securing Your Starbucks Experience: How to surf wifi securely http://www.mobilepipeline.com/57702409 *********************************************************** Quote *********************************************************** [...] First, unless you absolutely know otherwise, assume that every hotspot you're likely to encounter is totally open and unsecured. This means that anything you send between your laptop and the access point is in the clear, and anyone sniffing the signals will be able to read everything that goes to or from yo...

Book Review: Software Security
I'm jealous. No seriously. If Cigital is actually ran as depicted in the book Software Security - Building Security In, I have to give kudos to Gary and the gang for making an impressive environment for software security. I'm a fan of Gary's writing. If you are a regular reader, you know I loved both his books on Building Secure Software and Exploiting Software. This latest book is, in my mind at least, a balancing act between the two previous books on the topic. Gary calls it the "Ying and Yang". Which makes total sense, since the book cover is of exactly that, ...

Secure connections: how secure are they?
*QUOTE* ......... both useful and malicious information can be transmitted via network connections. Standard solutions protect computers against threats present in standard network connections, but aren't able to counter threats present in secure connections. Verifying the contents of a secure connection is impossible by virtue of its secure nature, as demonstrated by the different types of protection listed above. As a result, malicious data within secure channels can cause a significant amount of damage, and sometimes more than if it were to be transmitted via a standard, non-s...

Password secure...is it secure?
Yes I just got this baby and I LOVE it! Its great. I have stored all my passwords inside of it (and yes made a few backups from them in secure locations) How secure is this program really? It uses blowfish to encrypt the database but how strong blowfish? 128bits? 256? 448? Anything else I should think about it? I have putted it and its databases inside PGPdisk just to play it safe...but then again Im a paranoid. :) -- Markus Jansson ************************************ My privacy related homepage and PGP keys: http://www.geocities.com/jansson_markus/ ********...

How secure is secure enough?
July 28, 2008 (Computerworld) This story originally appeared in Computerworld's print edition. If there is a Holy Grail in the information security industry, it surely is the answer to the question, "How secure is secure enough?" It's a question that many security managers have either avoided answering altogether or tried to quickly sidestep by throwing a fistful of mainly pointless operational metrics at anyone who cared to ask. http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=321921&intsrc=hm_list -- "Never d...

How secure is AuthenticationTypes.Secure?
I understand that AuthenticationTypes.Secure requests secure authentication using Kerberos or NTLM (??). However, here is a scenario I am trying to understand. Let us say that I am having a regular ASP.NET site - with SSL certificates not installed on the web server. The login sends the request out to an AD server which also does not have certificates installed. However, I have set Secure flag to AuthenticationTypes.Secure. When the username and password data gets transmitted between the application and the LDAP server, how secure are the password and username info? In other words is this in...

Web resources about - Time-Freeze surf security - grc.security.software

Time Freezes, and Doomed Drivers Talk, in Amazing and Heartbreaking Road-Safety PSA
This eerie safe-driving PSA from New Zealand employs an Outer Limits-style time freeze to impressive, heartbreaking effect as we watch two drivers, ...

Jay Sean Discusses ‘Freeze Time’ & The End Of The World: Idolator Interview - Music News, Reviews, and ...
Earlier this month, Jay Sean wrapped up a US tour with Joe Jonas and JoJo, and we sat down with the Down singer just hours before their very ...

Where Would You Freeze Time?
Where Would You Freeze Time? Patron John Whittaker is curious about moments in time. You, too, can become a Patron and receive priority answers ...

8 Creative Examples Of Time Freeze Frame Videos
... Pulse2 What's Hot: Lists - Apple - Google - Pinterest - LinkedIn - Spotify - Airtime - Posted on October 18, 2011 by Amit Chowdhry A freeze ...

Parliament freezes in a moment that stopped time
Should Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe have strolled from his hotel in Canberra's frigid morning, rehearsing what would be the first speech ...

Apple freezes Australians out of its annual sale for the first time in six years, rewards US customers ...
APPLE has frozen Australian customers out of its annual sale for the first time in seven years, ignoring its loyal Down Under audience while ...

Apple freezes Australians out of its annual sale for the first time in six years, rewards US customers ...
APPLE has frozen Australian customers out of its annual sale for the first time in seven years, ignoring its loyal Down Under audience while ...

Magical super high-speed video freezes Berlin metro in time
It’s a super high-speed video taken of (I believe) a train arriving at a Berlin metro station. The video is then shown at a slower speed, but ...

'Frozen' Freezes Out 'Iron Man 3' To Become Fifth Highest Grossing Movie Of All Time
The success of Disney’s Frozen just keeps on getting bigger, as the film is now officially the fifth highest grossing movie of all time, worldwide.Disney's ...

‘Frozen’ Is The Highest Grossing Animated Film of All-time, Freezes Out ‘Toy Story 3′ - Deadline
As Frozen skated its way into Japan on March 14, the question began to loom larger and larger: Could the movie break Toy Story 3's $1,063,171,911 ...