Please please please

Folks,

Please can we stop the petty bickering about banning
or not banning...............

The points have been made and in my opinion this is not
the place to carry on with it.

Once again - PLEASE!

Regards
Ian
_____________________________________
Ian Sargent
Education & Training Consulting Services Ltd
Tel/Fax: 01344 644579
Mobile:   07970 847197
email:      ians@etcs.co.uk
www:      http://www.etcs.co.uk
_____________________________________
0
Ian
6/24/2002 3:17:00 PM
grc.security.software 15003 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Ian Sargent" <ians@nospam_etcs.co.uk> wrote in news:af7d6c$2da6$1
@news.grc.com:

> Please can we stop the petty bickering about banning
> or not banning...............

Who's banning what from where, for what reason?  Huh?
0
BlueJAMC
6/24/2002 4:44:00 PM
Right now I think that Royal Crown Revue is my favorite banned but I'm
fickle and may hate them by tomorrow...
--
*** E-mail return address will not work!
*** Please reply in group or through my website.

John McGaw
Knoxville, TN, USA
http://johnmcgaw.com

"BlueJAMC" <BlueJAMC@noneofthatspamhereatnetzero.net> wrote in message
> "Ian Sargent" <ians@nospam_etcs.co.uk> wrote in news:af7d6c$2da6$1
> @news.grc.com:
>
> > Please can we stop the petty bickering about banning
> > or not banning...............
>
> Who's banning what from where, for what reason?  Huh?
0
John
6/24/2002 11:22:00 PM
BlueJAMC wrote:

> "Ian Sargent" <ians@nospam_etcs.co.uk> wrote in news:af7d6c$2da6$1
> @news.grc.com:
>
> > Please can we stop the petty bickering about banning
> > or not banning...............
>
> Who's banning what from where, for what reason?  Huh?

It's just over-spray from a bunch of nonsense going on up above several
threads and also spilling over into 10-forward. Some people just never
want to learn how to act civilized. :-)
0
Book
6/25/2002 1:37:00 AM
> Please can we stop the petty bickering about banning
> or not banning...............
>
> The points have been made and in my opinion this is not
> the place to carry on with it.
>
> Once again - PLEASE!

Get real, Ian. If you were around here several years ago, you may remember
this was a much nicer place to hang out and read and participate.

But there's more people online everyday; more people *discovering* Internet
Privacy/Security an consequently more and more people here.

As population density goes up, there's gonna be more refuse, more scum and
just more nonsense in general.

Once you discover a *stupid* thread, just use whatever controls you have
available in your OE6 to *kill* that thread. That way you'll never be made
aware that there's any replies and you won't have to select it and read it
and become upset.

Asking the scumbags to stop is pointless. You should know that.
--
Alan
0

Heavy filtration (and other protection) in use here, as I lurk and
occasionally reply.

Pointless, indeed, my friend.

--

Mark Strelecki,  ACP          BE6.XPSP1B1.020608
Computing and Programming Since 1975

"Alan Guy" <NOSPAM@MYHOUSE.COM> wrote in message

> Get real, Ian. If you were around here several years ago, you may remember
> this was a much nicer place to hang out and read and participate.
>
> But there's more people online everyday; more people *discovering*
Internet
> Privacy/Security an consequently more and more people here.
>
> As population density goes up, there's gonna be more refuse, more scum and
> just more nonsense in general.
>
> Once you discover a *stupid* thread, just use whatever controls you have
> available in your OE6 to *kill* that thread. That way you'll never be made
> aware that there's any replies and you won't have to select it and read it
> and become upset.
>
> Asking the scumbags to stop is pointless. You should know that.
> --
> Alan
0
Mark
6/25/2002 2:42:00 AM
Alan Guy wrote:

> Get real, Ian. If you were around here several years ago, you may remember
> this was a much nicer place to hang out and read and participate.
>
> But there's more people online everyday; more people *discovering* Internet
> Privacy/Security an consequently more and more people here.
>
> As population density goes up, there's gonna be more refuse, more scum and
> just more nonsense in general.
>
> Once you discover a *stupid* thread, just use whatever controls you have
> available in your OE6 to *kill* that thread. That way you'll never be made
> aware that there's any replies and you won't have to select it and read it
> and become upset.
>
> Asking the scumbags to stop is pointless. You should know that.
> --
> Alan

Except that junk up there is coming mostly from people who have been
around here a long time. The old time stinkers.
0
Book

please please please
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: please please please Comments: could you please resolve this crashing. the browsers crashes so often... I'm watching streaming video and it crashes in the middle of it... which costs me. I don't want to exceed me bandwith with friggin rogers. they're a pain. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you mus...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Name: Nick Crain Email: n.crain_at_rogers.com Product: Firefox Summary: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Comments: Can you please include a rss feed indicator thing like IE 7 has. You know where every time you visit a page that has an rss feed available it beeps and then you can subscribe to it? That is such a handy feature. It's just too bad it's on a damn microsux product. please put it in firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7 Nick Crain wrote: > Name: Nick Crain > Email: n.crain_at_r...

Please, please, please ....
Name: Dean Talboys Email: deanatlouistalboysdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Please, please, please .... Comments: Could you include a button on Firefox to register the currently viewed site as Firefox "Unfriendly"? I'm a developer of sophisticated Internet applications (check out http://www.psychl.com/ONE/cyclex.asp to see how much abuse a browser can take) and I always spend time to ensure my sites are IE and Firefox compatible. But I'm really frustrated at the number of sites that aren't Firefox compatible. You know, you get to the last screen of ...

Please Please Please
I have only been asking for 4 years but PLEASE include a setting at the accounts level that sets the default compose to plain text if the account of type NEWS. Its a PITA to have to recall or remember to change my compose to plain text manually! Andre, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check a...

Please! Please! Please! Please! Help
I am very new to the Linux/Oracle/Perl world coming from a many many years of a Windows environment. I have self learned everything I know about this new environment. So far I have successfully installed Redhat 9 in an Intel box and have gotten Oracle 9I running correctly. I can run scripts via sqlplus, sqlldr etc. Perl (I think ver. 5.8.0) is running on the box and I can create and run scripts that do other processes but I have had no success in getting Perl to connect to the Oracle database to generate some reports. With my experience using MS-SQL there is no major issues w...

Please Please Please help
I am trying to populate a second dropdownlist from the first. both dropdownlists are displayed inside the datagrid. I can populate the first one easily but my onselectedindexchanged event states: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source Error: Line 195...

Please Please Please HELP!!!
I have posted this many times to no avail. I managed to publish the site somwhere despite being an intranet. I have published the site just in case I was not clear in explaining the prblem that I was having. Go to http://www.undg.ks.undp.org/test/login.aspx and login with userid: test password: test Click on 'search for cases' and then click on the search button (the dates are inserted automatically). Click on the paging and try to go to page 12,13,14,15 - any page really above page 11. Can you see what is happening? Below is the code that I am using. Please tell me wha...

Please help, please, please
This is driving me crazy, I cannot find what is wrong with this thing. I have a custom module and after post back none of the following are processed : user, login, visibility, title, solpartmenu. None of it gets processed. Please help meYou died at the very end of your life Are you saying a skin, or a custom module. With custom modules you should not be dealing with tokens, I don't think they have anything to do with it. What module are you working with? No I am not using tokens, container skin is Classic skin that comes with DNN. I am talking about custom module. It has a text box a...

Please Please Please help me out...
hello, our netware 6.0 file server can'nt connect the internet, we have a proxyserver with netware 6.0 and BM 3.8. can somebody please help me out i'm a newbie. hello, our netware 6.0 file server can'nt connect the internet, we have a proxyserver with netware 6.0 and BM 3.8. can somebody please help me out i'm a newbie. the file server ip is 192.20.71.1 the proxy ip is 192.20.71.252 akula_26@hotmail.com wrote: > our netware 6.0 file server can'nt connect the internet, we have a > proxyserver with netware 6.0 and BM 3.8. can somebody please hel...

Please, Please
Name: Ernesto Rodriguez Email: aspacsaathotmaildotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Please, Please Comments: Hey Guys, If you really want us to reclaim our inbox, please make Thunderbird work with exchange. Browser Details: Opera/9.20 (X11; Linux i686; U; en) ...

PLEASE TEACH ME HOW TO SEND EMAIL...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!
Hi,I am new to this forum and hope it will help me reach out for my target. well, my task is to create a web page with followign description. please help me out the email part. well, it is a request form page where, when one fills up the request adn clicks the submit request button, and information should go automatically to the authorizer, saying that so and so request has been made and the detail of the post can also be viewed in so and so page (folow the link to view detail) and when the person opens the page, there is a button called "grant the request". when only that button i...

LDAP Request Help
My head is about to fly off my neck and shoot through the ceiling! Ive been trying to make the following code work for weeks, and I cannot figure it out. The code is located at this website: http://v5.beta.docutek.com/eres/custom/fresnoLDAP.aspx. Everytime I try to run this sub I get the following error: "Unknown error (0x80005000) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServic...

remove this startup feature please please please!
Name: Yuriy Email: snowyurikatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: remove this startup feature please please please! Comments: Hello, ok, well. There is a "perfect" feature in most modern browsers - if you open many tabs and(or) windows, than shut browser down, than start browser again - all you windows and tab should be restored. Right? WRONG! This is NOT perfect, this is ANNOYING! This is almost USELESS - do you really think that user still remember all the tabs and windows he opened last evening? If i need to remember site - i use bookmarks. But after reb...

please please please....media connectivity plugin
Name: eric roach Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: please please please....media connectivity plugin Comments: it doesnt work anymore...it was brilliant..PLEASE let us use this valuable plugin...or bring in onboard Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008041514 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Web resources about - Please please please - grc.security.software

The physics of Star Wars' Starkiller Base: could that really happen?
Note: Major Star Wars: The Force Awakens spoilers ahead. In Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the next generation of the Empire — known as the First ...

Air France bomb forces emergency landing in Kenya after explosive found in toilet
The Boeing 777 Air France flight 463, carrying 459 passengers and 14 crew members, was heading to Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris when the ...

Shots fired in busy Wisconsin mall, police say
NBCNews.com Shots fired in busy Wisconsin mall, police say KERO 23ABC News Copyright 2014 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material ...

Terrorist Tashfeen Malik’s Visa Application ‘Sloppily Handled:’ Congressman
Tashfeen Malik, one of the terrorists in the San Bernardino shooting, got into the U.S. partially thanks to a “sloppily handled” visa application, ...

Auburn Deputy Mayor Salim Mehajer to be charged with electoral fraud offences
Controversial Auburn City Council Deputy Mayor Salim Mehajer is served with a court attendance notice for alleged electoral fraud offences.

National Herald case: Hours before Gandhis arrive, Patiala Court turns into a fortress
Almost twenty matters that where listed to be heard on Saturday have been deferred and have been given different dates.

'Remember his name': Knoxville teen killed by gunfire praised for sacrifice
Knoxville News Sentinel 'Remember his name': Knoxville teen killed by gunfire praised for sacrifice Knoxville News Sentinel Zack Dobson, bottom ...

South China Sea- Other countries shouldn’t meddle: Chinese envoy
BJP general secretary Ram Madhav and Chinese ambassador Le Yucheng shared opposing views on the contentious issue of South China Sea on Saturday. ...

Old Trafford legend: Why Leicester remind me of great Man United sides - Football - Premier League Transfer ...
OLD TRAFFORD great Andy Cole says table-toppers Leicester remind him of the Manchester United...