LastPass problem

I am having a problem with the latest version of Lastpass for IE.
I updated my version from 2.5.? to 3.0.10 on prompting from LastPass.

No sooner had I done this than another prompt to update to 3.0.12
appeared. I thought OK they have a few last minute changes to the 3.0.?
version so I clicked the update button.

Now I am in the state that the IE browser does not connect to lastpass.
and gives an error. The FireFox 27.0.1 browser appears to be OK.

I am working with the techies at LastPass to try to resolve it but I
wanted to warn amyine with Windows 7 and IE11 not to touch the upodate
to 3.0.12.

3.0.10 appears to be fine although there are a few propblems I haven't
reported to LastPass clicking help in the dropdown from the LasstPass
icon results in scripting error line 151 character 9995 Object doesn't
support property or method 'lightbox'.

Has anyone heard of 'lightbox'?

--
Alan Cameron
0

I get a message that says my password failed / try again but my vault is
showing and the links work. This started in the last week or so.
0
jay
2/21/2014 2:47:40 AM
In article <le6eob$7ag$1@news.grc.com>, invalid@vtn55.org says...

> I get a message that says my password failed / try again but my vault is
> showing and the links work. This started in the last week or so.

Which verions of the lastpass plugin do you have?
Are yyou using IE11?

--
Alan Cameron
0

> I get a message that says my password failed / try again but my vault is
> showing and the links work. This started in the last week or so.

I've noticed that from time to time. It isn't permanent though. I can't
say which version because I have different on different pc's so cannot
remember.

3.1.0
FF 27.0.1

0
jay
2/22/2014 7:36:45 AM
In article <le9k2c$1tui$1@news.grc.com>, invalid@vtn55.org says...

> 3.1.0
> FF 27.0.1

I can't offere any help only sympathy.
I in the meantime am getting forward step by step.
I have updated my Kindle Fire version of LastPass to 3.1.3 but I don't
think that is applicable to other browsers.
I have taken the bull by the horns and tried updating IE11 version to
3.1.1 but still get an error message 'brokeraccounts_get failed'
I think the database is corrupt and despite a uninstall and reinstall I
still get that error.
Waiting on LastPass support team help to clean it up.

--
Alan Cameron
0

Homeland Security software eyed for problems
Department of Homeland Security officials acknowledge that using Windows software for all the department's personal computers may pose a security problem, but they are having "very serious and candid conversations" with Microsoft about the issue. The agency has offered to help test the company's products before they are released. Microsoft executives, saying they need to do better, are embarking on a new security program for current and future software releases, and welcomed the offer of assistance. http://www.washtimes.com/business/20031020-092335-9325r.ht...

Software [In]Security: Twitter Security
Making Your Thoughts as Small and Incomplete as Possible Just for the record, I don't use Twitter. But if this column were a Twitter entry, it might read something like: http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1350268&cid=nl_DR_DAILY_T -- "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

Problems Problems Problems
So, I have OpenSUSE installed on my laptop and everything is working well, except the wireless. It almost seems that every time I run a KDE distro I can not get the internet to work. I've run YaST and used iwconfig. nothing is working for me. Please help -ZAD -- zadnik18 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ someone is going to tell you to supply some more information 'My wireless doesn't work - a primer on what I should do next - openSUSE Forums' (http://tinyurl.com/6peanc) this is one of the stick...

Problems problems and problems.
Name: A.A. Product: Firefox Summary: Problems problems and problems. Comments: I am not specific, but in short I can not use This site to listen music anymore, while I can in IE explorer. Just to let you guys know, new version messed something up. http://hypem.com/ Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Cisco warns on security problems with WLAN software
A new Cisco security warning reports that the company's wireless LAN management application has "multiple vulnerabilities" including one that lets a remote user log in with a default administrator password. The warning lists six vulnerabilities, and says that workarounds are available for some but not all of them. The problems are part of Cisco's Wireless Control System (WCS), which is the software that handles network and RF management, location tracking, and intrusion detection and prevention for Cisco's controller-based WLANs. The vulnerabilities are found in WC...

Open software, secure software
Monday, 1 March 2004, 1:51 PM CET Fifty-plus years ago Grace Hopper used her experiences with programming the UNIVAC with FLOW-MATIC (an open-source project) to write her first compiler paper and the modern era of computing programming began. Some would also say that things haven't improved much since her day. Indeed, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) estimated that in 2001 $59.5 billion annually, about 0.6 percent of the gross domestic product was being lost because of software bugs. The Sustainable Computing Consortium (SCC), an academic, gove...

Problems, problems, problems
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Problems, problems, problems Comments: I use FF all the time for work - I'm a software tester - the add-ons are invaluable. But v3.5 really has been a disappointment. It just keeps hanging all the time. And when Internet Explorer windows pop up, FF often just dies. It can't even restart itself - I have to manually kill the process every time; every update, every add-on that updates, "restart" fails - it's so frustrating. I hope v3.6 will be addressing this - PLEASE! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7....

Problems, problems, problems
Name: Hans Halvorsen Email: capricorn_at_online.no Product: Thunderbird Summary: Problems, problems, problems Comments: Hi, I downloaded Thunderbird some time ago, and I was over-satisfied whit it and how well it worked. In fact it worked 100% PERFECTLY UNTIL I got an newer update version of it. Since then I' ve had nothing BUT trouble! I've checked adresses, notes, password, deleted accounts and made new one's, checked sign-ins and sign-outs, passwords inside and out, upside and down, so many times that my frustration now is about to turn into pure and major ...

PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS.
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS. Comments: Does Google's Chrome browser block out Firefox? Am having a lot of trouble getting Firefox to run after I run Chrome. No trouble what-so- ever before running Chrome. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1064 Safari/532.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see ...

Free Microsoft tools for detecting security problems
http://www.h-online.com/security/Free-Microsoft-tools-for-detecting-security-problems--/news/114264 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=90e6181c-5905-4799-826a-772eafd4440a BinScope is a Microsoft verification tool that analyzes binaries on a project-wide level to ensure that they have been built in compliance with Microsoft�s Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) requirements and recommendations. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=b2307ca4-638f-4641-9946-dc0a5abe8513 MiniFuzz is a basic testing too...

Is security software becoming a security risk?
"Due to bugs in antivirus software, the security suite becomes a risk by itself, and adding multiple pieces of security software makes the problem worse, not better "... <http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/11/21/Is-security-software-becoming-a-security-risk_1.html> or http://preview.tinyurl.com/2nkk9r -- js http://justheadlines.exofire.net john s. smith wrote: > "Due to bugs in antivirus software, the security suite becomes a risk > by itself, and adding multiple pieces of security software makes the > problem worse, not better "... > ...

What do security guards and computer security software have in common???
http://www.securitynewsportal.com/article.php?sid=920&mode=thread&order=0 -- Regard: Joh@nnes� 1216771 Ont.Inc. "Nothing is more damaging to a new truth than an old error" ...

Book Review: Software Security
I'm jealous. No seriously. If Cigital is actually ran as depicted in the book Software Security - Building Security In, I have to give kudos to Gary and the gang for making an impressive environment for software security. I'm a fan of Gary's writing. If you are a regular reader, you know I loved both his books on Building Secure Software and Exploiting Software. This latest book is, in my mind at least, a balancing act between the two previous books on the topic. Gary calls it the "Ying and Yang". Which makes total sense, since the book cover is of exactly that, ...

Security software to secure USB flash drives?
Hello, does anyone know of some software (preferably freeware that would password protect access to a USB flash drive?) Currentlty the drive I have is open wide as soon as it is plugged in. Any help would be appreciated. Paul -- Calculating in binary code is as easy as 01,10,11. Paul Jackson wrote: > Hello, > > does anyone know of some software (preferably freeware that would > password protect access to a USB flash drive?) > > Currentlty the drive I have is open wide as soon as it is plugged in. > > Any help would be appreciated. >...

F-Secure Readies Security Software For Linux
F-Secure Corp. on Tuesday unveiled security software for open-source Samba file servers and Linux, addressing a need that's growing within the enterprise market. The Finnish company announced the availability of antivirus software for Samba that automatically detects and removes viruses from files stored on the server. The new product is meant to protect all Samba-attached computers from malicious code that could enter the network from a Windows or Linux machine. Next month, F-Secure plans to ship a Linux version of F-Secure Policy Manager, which will extend centrally managed ...

Web resources about - LastPass problem - grc.security.software

LastPass - Password Manager, Form Filler, Password Management
LastPass is an online password manager and form filler that makes web browsing easier and more secure.

LastPass : The last password you'll have to remember
As a follow-up to Monday's release of LastPass 2.0 , a new version of the LastPass Android app is now available! The biggest change to the core ...

LastPass Password Manager - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
3.0.17 / November 27, 2013 ; 36 days ago ( 2013-11-27 ) LastPass Password Manager is a freemium password management service developed by LastPass. ...

LastPass User Manual
LastPass is easy, secure password and data management. Not only is the LastPass Password Manager free, it saves you time while keeping you safe. ...

LastPass - LastPass is proud to offer a free one-year... - Facebook
LastPass is proud to offer a free one-year LastPass Premium subscription with every Ubuntu Edge device, up until the campaign reaches its funding ...

LastPass (@LastPass) on Twitter

LastPass Password Manager & Secure Digital Vault for Premium Customers on the App Store on iTunes
Get LastPass Password Manager & Secure Digital Vault for Premium Customers on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

lastpass-00 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore 異塵行者's photos on Flickr. 異塵行者 has uploaded 10523 photos to Flickr.

Introducing the New LastPass for Android - YouTube
With a new interface centered around Google’s Material Design and many enhancements to the user experience, this is arguably the biggest update ...

LogMeIn to acquire LastPass
Software-as-a-service company, LogMeIn, has agreed to acquire single-sign-on (SSO) and password management service, LastPass (incorporated as ...