FTP to FTP

Lately I've been seeing scans show up of a port 21 trying to connect to my
port 21 (I am not, BTW, running an FTP server).  Is this just someone trying
to use my IP as the middleman in an FTP bounce attack, assuming my port 21
had been open and with a writeable FTP directory?

Mike
2/6/2002 7:22:00 AM
grc.security.software 15003 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Rebex Secure FTP (FTP over TLS/SSL) for .NET Compact Framework released
Rebex Secure FTP now supports .NET Compact Framework   Rebex Secure FTP component has been extended to support .NET Compact Framework 1.0 and 2.0. Now you can secure your PocketPC/Windows CE file transfers using TLS/SSL. No more plaintext passwords sent over the internet. The Secure FTP for .NET Compact Framework includes .NET Compact Framework version of Rebex Secure Sockect library (TLS/SSL network socket client library) and Rebex Security (implementation of many security related .NET classes that are missing from some or all versions of .NET and .NET Compact Framewor...

Active FTP over FTP Proxy
Hi All Is it at all possible to have Active FTP going over a bordermanager 3.8 FTP Proxy . . ?? cheers Joel Hi, joel@radio929.fm wrote: > > Hi All > > Is it at all possible to have Active FTP going over a bordermanager 3.8 FTP Proxy . . ?? AFAIK, no. CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de ...

secure ftp
Hi folks, since NW6SP4 the ftp server supports secure ftp. Does anyone knows which configuration is necessary to get this running? (certificate, port ....) I can establish an unencrypted connection but if I configure SSL on the ftp client this doesn't works. Any ideas are welcome Thanks Wolfgang Becher -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Wolfgang Becher wrote: > Hi folks, > > since NW6SP4 the ftp server supports secure ftp. > Does anyone knows which configuration is necessary to get this running? > (certif...

FTP, FTP Server to ServerTtransfer
Hi, is it possibel to use FTP Server/Server transfer. I have a UnixWare Server that want to do a FTP Server transfer from the Novell 5.0 Server to UnixWare, but it does not work. Is there something to add to the configuration ? bye Boris H�rtgen > I have a UnixWare Server that want to do a FTP Server transfer from the > Novell 5.0 Server to UnixWare, but it > does not work. > Should work. Do you have FTP services setup on your NW5 server? -- Andy Thompson Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp ...

Secure FTP
NW6 SP5 EDir 8.7.3.6 I'm currently running the vanilla nwftp server and I want to upgrade to secure ftp services. I'm kinda' at a loss as to what to do. I've searched the knowledgebase, but found no answers. Can someone point me to a resource? wpeacock@uga.edu wrote: > NW6 SP5 EDir 8.7.3.6 > I'm currently running the vanilla nwftp server and I want to upgrade to > secure ftp services. I'm kinda' at a loss as to what to do. I've searched > the knowledgebase, but found no answers. Can someone point me to a resource? > > Depend...

secure ftp
Is it possible to establish a secure ftp (SSL 3) session from a compliant ftp client inside a Bordermanager (3.5, Netware 5.1) firewall running an ftp proxy to a non Novell secure FTP server on the internet. hi Brian, as far as I know the FTP proxy only supports standard FTP. You'll have to either use NAT or a generic proxy for Secure FTP. -- Caterina Luppi Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Caterina Luppi wrote: > hi Brian, > > as far as I know the FTP proxy only supports standard FTP. You'll > have to either use NAT or a generic proxy f...

Secure FTP
Is there any options for secure FTP on Netware 5.1 or do I need to be running Netware 6.5 for Secure FTP services. WH wrote: > Is there any options for secure FTP on Netware 5.1 > or do I need to be running Netware 6.5 for Secure FTP services. > http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2966658.htm -andy ...

Secure FTP
How do I set up secure FTP access for IIS?dene schonknecht microsoft * communications sector * uk I did a quick search of the threads and found one about FTP security here: http://asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=573964 Basically in IIS 6 you can use the “User Isolation Mode” functionality to do exactly what you are talking about. To create a new FTP site that isolates users with Active Directory 1.In IIS Manager,. expand the server node WEB01, expand FTP Sites, right-click Default FTP Site, and then select Stop. 2.Right-click the FTP...

FTP Software
Hello, Does anybody know of any ftp server software that runs on NW 6 besides nwftpd? Thanks Kevin Check out http://www.murkworks.com/Products/Novell/FTPDNLM/Overview On Wed, 12 May 2004 14:09:48 GMT, kevin@hi.com wrote: >Hello, > >Does anybody know of any ftp server software that runs on NW 6 besides >nwftpd? > >Thanks > >Kevin Cheers Paul http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/netware ...

Secure FTP
--____QMGLJBGZCYJEERCIPOMM____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 2 Oct 2006 05:19:55 -0500" Is there a way to do SSL for Secure FTP on a NetWare 6.5 SP5 FTP server? If so, how? ________________________________________=F0W=F0W=F0W=F06=F0W=F0W=F0W=F0=F0W= =F0W=F0W=F06=F0W=F0W=F0W=F0Delon E. Weuve=F0W=F0W=F0W=F06=F0W=F0W=F0W=F0Sen= ior Network Engineer=F0W=F0W=F0W=F06=F0W=F0W=F0W=F0Office of Auditor of = State=F0W=F0W=F0W=F06=F0W=F0W=F0W=F0State of Iowa=F0W=F...

FTP software
Is anyone aware of any spyware issues with htis software?? GuildFTPd Paul -- ============================================================================ http://www.notsothebys.cjb.net --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. http://www.our-living-planet.org Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.380 / Virus Database: 213 - Release Date: 7/24/02 Paul <pdf1234SPAM@attbi.com> wrote: > Is anyone aware of any spyware issues with htis software?? > > GuildFTPd > > > Paul http://www.google.com/search?hl=en...

FTP Security
Please accept my apologies if this question has been asked and answered in another thread. If it has, my search failed to turn it up. D-Link makes a NAS product (DNS-323) which allows for the use of an FTP server. I desire to use this built-in functionality; however, after enabling it and making all of the security adjustments (i.e. creating groups/users with permissions, establishing passwords, etc.) I am concerned that a Shields Up scan of my IP shows the port that this server is assigned as being OPEN. :( Is there any way to enable this FTP server functionality without h...

Secure FTP
Hi, I am currently running NW5.1 with FTP running on it. I have downloaded and installed version 5.04h of NWFTPD.NLM which from TID 2966658 I belive has secure FTP support. My only question what configuration, if any, is required on the server end to enable secure FTP. Thanks Leigh , I believe all you need is a valid SSL cert (KMO) assocaited with the server object ... and, of course, a "tested" ftps client .. Peter Novell Product Support Forum 'NDS Rules!' ...

FTP Ports open, but no FTP
Hi I have a win 2000 server set up as a web server with several IP adresses (6 total). I am running FTP service on two of these, but when I port scan, all of the IP's have port 21 open. Is this normal? My other services like SMTP and WEB only shows up on the IP's they are supposed to. If I try to connect with my FTP client on one of the IP's that is not set up to run FTP it just says: "Socket connected. Waiting for welcome message." and then after a while I get a timeout. Is it normal or are some nasty Trojan listening and waiting for the right commands to...

Web resources about - FTP to FTP - grc.security.software

FTP On The Go - an FTP client for the iPhone
If you already have an iPhone, then FTP On The Go is the reason your boss should give you a raise. Don't just take our word for it, check out ...

SmartFTP - FTP Client
Welcome to the home of SmartFTP, the most popular FTP client for Windows.

FTP-75 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... tax that applies for the sales of new cars. The current procedure has been updated in 2008 and includes four tests: city driving (the FTP-75 ...

Backup Photos via FTP - Send To Your Own Server on the App Store on iTunes
Get Backup Photos via FTP - Send To Your Own Server on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

How to Download from FTP (with and without third-party software) - YouTube
In this tutorial, we will teach you how to download from ftp. In windows, you can easily download the contents of ftp site. Your ftp address ...

VLC for iOS updated with improved international support, FTP server discovery
... Accessibility, video output, and password locking. In terms of new features, audio-only playback is now supported. Additionally, FTP server ...

VLC For iOS Gets Enhanced Subtitles, FTP Downloads And More
... update adding a number of new features. Now, iDevice owners can access subtitle support for additional languages in the application, and FTP ...

Price Drop: Easy FTP Pro
Easy FTP Pro 3.3.1 Device: iOS Universal Category: Utilities Price: Free, Version: 3.3.1 ( iTunes ) Description: ★★★ 50 % OFF only today ★★★ ...

More Premium Finnish Games Developers Experiment with the FTP model
... lowering the price of entry. Now with the up and coming Angry Birds Go!, a go-kart racing game, we’re due to see them really embrace FTP. No ...

Aussie content filters “work” (not counting IM, P2P, FTP…)
Results of a public trial have bolstered the Australian government's plan to …