What's that???? www.google.com/intl/xx-hacker

I just came across this Google Search Site.
http://www.google.com/intl/xx-hacker
Is it a joke, made by Google?
Or has someone hacked Google?
The website's IP is 216.239.37.101 - that's Google.

Andreas (*-*)
0
Andreas
5/4/2002 3:28:00 PM
grc.privacy 4590 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Andreas (*-*)" <none@no-email.com> wrote in message

> I just came across this Google Search Site.
> http://www.google.com/intl/xx-hacker
> Is it a joke, made by Google?
> Or has someone hacked Google?
> The website's IP is 216.239.37.101 - that's Google.

Hi Andreas (*-*), can you check the url again,
I'm only getting a 404 here on your posted link.

Thanks..

'Seek and ye shall find'
NT Canuck
0
NT
5/4/2002 3:36:00 PM
NT Canuck wrote...

<...>
> Hi Andreas (*-*), can you check the url again,
> I'm only getting a 404 here on your posted link.

Looks like it's one of their MessingAround (tm) pages:

Cached copy at:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=G&q=%22%2Bwww.google.%2Bcom/intl/xx-hacker%22

non-google variation:

http://www.limpfish.com/webbugs/bug.php?pic=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com
0
reader
5/4/2002 3:54:00 PM
On Sat, 4 May 2002 10:36:56 -0500, "NT Canuck" <ntcanuck@hot_mail.com>
wrote:

>"Andreas (*-*)" <none@no-email.com> wrote in message
>
>> I just came across this Google Search Site.
>> http://www.google.com/intl/xx-hacker
>> Is it a joke, made by Google?
>> Or has someone hacked Google?
>> The website's IP is 216.239.37.101 - that's Google.
>
>Hi Andreas (*-*), can you check the url again,
>I'm only getting a 404 here on your posted link.

For me the link is still working.
But I should have searched at Google for this URL
first, thanx reader for the links.
It's just one of Google's "jokes", as I can see now.

Andreas (*-*)
0
Andreas
5/4/2002 4:15:00 PM
"reader" <reader@yghtjjdsb.com> wrote in message

> Looks like it's one of their MessingAround (tm) pages:

Thanks.

> Cached copy at:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=G&q=%22%2Bwww.google.%2Bcom/intl/xx-ha
cker%22

Wonderful, seems to be remarked labels.

> non-google variation:

http://www.limpfish.com/webbugs/bug.php?pic=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co

Heh, makes sense.
Google, although useful, is one of the engines I almost
never use, so I often miss their "revelations". ;-)

'Seek and ye shall find'
NT Canuck
0
NT
5/4/2002 4:24:00 PM

> >Hi Andreas (*-*), can you check the url again,
> >I'm only getting a 404 here on your posted link.
>
> For me the link is still working.

Might be stuck in your TIF, or ISP proxy cache.

> But I should have searched at Google for this URL
> first, thanx reader for the links.
> It's just one of Google's "jokes", as I can see now.

Heh, first thing in the morning yet...(almost 11:30 am here).
Must be trying to get into "Saturday Nite Live" (comedy).

'Seek and ye shall find'
NT Canuck
0
NT
5/4/2002 4:28:00 PM
NT Canuck wrote:
[]
> http://www.limpfish.com/webbugs/bug.php?pic=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co
>
> Heh, makes sense.
> Google, although useful, is one of the engines I almost
> never use, so I often miss their "revelations". ;-)
>
> 'Seek and ye shall find'
> NT Canuck

'NT',
Do you mind me asking why you almost never use Google?
Lord knows there's _plenty_ of engines to choose from, and web sites to help
you choose. :)  I've fallen into the 'convenience' of .google but I'm always
open to new ways to find what I'm looking for.

'T.O.' Canuck,
tomZ

--
Since 1998, the FTC has invited consumers and ISPs to forward UCE (SPAM) to
an e-mail box at uce@ftc.gov " - http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2001/04/spam.htm

If you spam my mailbox, you agree to accept any response I deem appropriate.
Keep SIGNATURE AGREEMENT before replying.
'Any business model that relies on 'caveat emptor' is not ethical.'
0
tomZ
5/4/2002 6:06:00 PM
"tomZ" <WebMaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

> Do you mind me asking why you almost never use Google?

Heh, because everyone else does?
I run pretty deep into the WWW and scour a number
of non-public sites and documents...so the engines are
really seldom of use to me.  Check BrightPlanet out for
some more info, and tips on hidden content.  Typically
the main engines only find "fixed" pages...and 99.9% of
the Internet actually "roves" (pages move, IP's change).
(4.3 billion IP's)

I have 60 main engines I will consult, none are Google,
although Google results may occasionally show up.

> Lord knows there's _plenty_ of engines to choose from,
> and web sites to help you choose. :)  I've fallen into the
> 'convenience' of .google but I'm always
> open to new ways to find what I'm looking for.

I do use Google Groups sometimes for English language searches,
some good public engines that I sometimes use are;
http://www.alltheweb.com/
http://vivisimo.com/html/index.html
http://www.filemirrors.com/tops.src
http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?
http://www.dts-l.org/searchme.htm

'Seek and ye shall find'
NT Canuck
0
NT
5/4/2002 7:00:00 PM
"NT Canuck" <ntcanuck@hot_mail.com> wrote

<snipage>

....so the engines are
> really seldom of use to me.  Check BrightPlanet out for
> some more info, and tips on hidden content.  Typically
> the main engines only find "fixed" pages...and 99.9% of
> the Internet actually "roves" (pages move, IP's change).
> (4.3 billion IP's)
>
> I have 60 main engines I will consult,

That would be a list of URL's I would love to have,
as i only have about 30 search engines bookedmark.
If you'd be so kind to maybe post a list in Linkfarm, NT.

Thanks if you do.

none are Google,
> although Google results may occasionally show up.

<snipage>

Goog goog google with the goog goog googly eyes.  Yeah!
Oops......I think that was Koogle.

RAD.
0
RAD
5/4/2002 11:17:00 PM
"RAD" <ferreldog@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> That would be a list of URL's I would love to have,
> as i only have about 30 search engines bookedmark.
> If you'd be so kind to maybe post a list in Linkfarm, NT.

http://libweb.sonoma.edu/web/searchtools.html

http://www.searchengineguide.com/

Even just learning one search engines syntax and methods
can outperform all the others combined if only accessing
them without qualifying your target or location.  Once you
understand how search engines get their information...you
can do much better and in less time, by yourself.

'Seek and ye shall find'
NT Canuck
0
NT
5/5/2002 7:17:00 AM
NT Canuck wrote:
[]
> I run pretty deep into the WWW and scour a number
> of non-public sites and documents...so the engines are
> really seldom of use to me.  Check BrightPlanet out for
> some more info, and tips on hidden content.  Typically
> the main engines only find "fixed" pages...and 99.9% of
> the Internet actually "roves" (pages move, IP's change).
> (4.3 billion IP's)
>
> I have 60 main engines I will consult, none are Google,
> although Google results may occasionally show up.
[]

> I do use Google Groups sometimes for English language searches,
> some good public engines that I sometimes use are;
> http://www.alltheweb.com/
> http://vivisimo.com/html/index.html
> http://www.filemirrors.com/tops.src
> http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?
> http://www.dts-l.org/searchme.htm
>
> 'Seek and ye shall find'
> NT Canuck

thanX,
tomZ
--
Since 1998, the FTC has invited consumers and ISPs to forward UCE (SPAM) to
an e-mail box at uce@ftc.gov " - http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2001/04/spam.htm

If you spam my mailbox, you agree to accept any response I deem appropriate.
Keep SIGNATURE AGREEMENT before replying.
'Any business model that relies on 'caveat emptor' is not ethical.'
0
tomZ
5/5/2002 4:00:00 PM
Thanks NT,

    I DO use wildcards in search engines sometimes,,,,,,,
depending on how much info i want to sort trough/time i have.
AND use certain search engines for different searches.
Or to compare different infos.
crawlers/meta/clearinghouse.
Its a good way to prove/disprove certain infos .

TA.

RAD.
0
RAD
5/6/2002 5:29:00 AM
<snipage>

Thanks TomZ,

This one will come in handy.

RAD.

> > http://www.filemirrors.com/tops.src

<snipage>
0
RAD
5/6/2002 5:32:00 AM
It's a joke :)
Check out the complete list of languages available, about
halfway through this page:
http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

Merijn
0
Merijn
5/7/2002 10:07:00 AM
Merijn <merijn@no.friggin.spam.netschaap.nl> wrote in message
> It's a joke :)
> Check out the complete list of languages available, about
> halfway through this page:
> http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

Heh... I think I may switch to Pig Latin!  :)

--
Ray Marron
0

I don't like Google's lack of privacy. Do you have Firefox without Google?
Name: Joanne Email: jcaliforniaatredshiftdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I don't like Google's lack of privacy. Do you have Firefox without Google? Comments: I have a new computer that I would like to install Firefox on, but not if it includes Google as search engine. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ On 07/31/2008 08:29 PM, Joanne wrote: > Name: Joanne > Email: jcaliforniaatredshiftdotcom > Product: Firefox > Summary: I don't l...

Switch / Force to change my page's link from http://www.abc.com/a.aspx to https://www.abc.com/a.aspx
Hi, i just bough an SSL certificate from versign, installed it and checked it by manually replacing http to https in my site's link.. but i how can do it in asp.net that when ever sumone click on checkout button and the creditcard / transaction page appears which is let suppose   http://www.abc.com/pay.aspx, I want it to start with https:// how to do it? Thanks, Regards.X...

could you please ad http://www.blackle.com/ to the ad-ons? It's google but then sustainable...
Name: Olga Busch Product: Firefox Summary: could you please ad http://www.blackle.com/ to the ad-ons? It's google but then sustainable... Comments: could you please ad http://www.blackle.com/ to the ad-ons? It's google but then sustainable... Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011912 Firefox/3.0.6 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Before the AIM serach thing, I could go to the adress box and type in the website's name with out "www" or ".com" and it would lead me straight to the website---for instants typing in "wiki" or "googl
Name: Aaron Mohammed Email: trinierrnboi117atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Before the AIM serach thing, I could go to the adress box and type in the website's name with out "www" or ".com" and it would lead me straight to the website---for instants typing in "wiki" or "google" or "myspace" now the stupid AIM search thing comes up and its REALLY annoying becuase im ust to the other way Comments: Thank You Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: h...

How can I get out of my Mozilla's browser the Winamp browser and get back the Google's or Mozilla's browser.
Please I have got to my browser ( I don't know how.) the Winamp browser he behave like virus stick in.But he doesn't has uninstalation section so I can't do anything to get him away from Mozilla's file. I'm not happy of Winamp's behave its like advertisement against a customer's will. Please is there any way to get him away from Mozilla?Please send me exact direction I have tried many ways but he is deeply inside the systeme so when I install new Mozilla he is always here ready to pester me. Thank you for an answer. Richard ...

A little doubt about using of 'www.Google.com' browsed by firefox2.0.1
Name: zhm from Chinese Email: zhmhongmin888atsinadotcom Product: Firefox Summary: A little doubt about using of 'www.Google.com' browsed by firefox2.0.1 Comments: When using Google Search Engine only,I am unable to open a new tab at all. This thing doesn't occur to its former edition possibly. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; zh-CN; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1 ...

firefox doesn't work with att's message service www.viewmymessage.com
Name: mike barsness Email: msbarsnessataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: firefox doesn't work with att's message service www.viewmymessage.com Comments: went to att's message service - www.viewmymessage.com. tried to retrieve a message. entered the id and password. browser said "done". no message. did same with safari, it worked. on a mac running leopard. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032619 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Discount prada shoes prada men's low shoes men's high women's shoes prada bags prada jeans t-shirts www.shoestrade168.cn
please look our website ,have more mode shoes clothing hat cap bags ! www.shoestrade168.cn Wholesale Sell Discount: Dsquared 2 shoes,Dsquared jeans t-shirt Dsquared jacket www.shoestrade168.c= n Abercrombie & Fitch 2009 Polo A&F t-shirt bags jeans jacket apparel www.shoestrade168.cn air max 90 87 88 89 ltd 91 95 97 tn shoes www.shoestrade168.cn shox Nz R5 r4 r3 r2 tl Energia Rival Classic shoes www.shoestrade168.cn dunk sb shoes hogan shoes air rift shoes puma shoes www.shoestrade168.cn Timberland boots prada shoes Gucci shoes d&g shoes wwww.shoestrade168.cn Discoun...

Replace 1's and 0's in a gridview column with Yes's and No's
Is it possible to change the display of a column in a gridview to show a Yes for all 1's and a No for 0's that display in a particular column of a gridview bound to a database?  If so, can someone share the way with me?  I am using ASP.NET 2.0 with VB Code Behind.  Thanks One way you can do is thrrough  CASE in your select statement: Select YesNoColumn= CASE yourColumn WHEN 1 THEN 'Yes' WHEN 0 THEN 'No' ELSE '' END FROM YourtableLimno <Columns>     <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="yourHeader" SortExpression="yourDataField"> ...

It's Linux !? No, it's BSD ! No, no, it's...
kFreeBSD http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! ObiWan wrote: > kFreeBSD > > http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD > > a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! Why use a BSD kernel? I hope the reason is more than, just because they can. http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_why It's easy to understand why the would want to use Debian packages. :) -- Jimmy Johnson Registered Linux User #380263 >> kFreeBSD >> >> http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD >> ...

Google's New Privacy...
Google has made changes to its Privacy Policy. I will personally use 'DuckDuckGo' (http://duckduckgo.com/) from now on. Why? I'm tired of trackers. -- -Reliable + rider = *RiDeR PlUs*- +-+ +-+ |r| |+| +-+ +-+ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [QUOTE=riderplus] Google has made changes to its Privacy Policy. I will personally use 'DuckDuckGo' (http://duckduckgo.com/) from now on. Why? I'm tired of trackers. [/QUOTE] Hi I use this; http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=gnome-shell-search-provider-S...

What's up with id.google.com?
I'm seeing a lot of 1 x 1 pixel gifs with a 64 bit encoded file name loaded into my browser's cache from id.google.com. I tried a bit of searching, but couldn't find anything specific even after 5 or 6 pages of results. These gifs look a lot like web bugs. Any info on this situation would be greatly appreciated. They seem to get loaded just by viewing a site with google ads. Thanks, Eric On 2011/03/31 1:24, Eric wrote: > I'm seeing a lot of 1 x 1 pixel gifs with a 64 bit encoded file name loaded > into my browser's cache from id.google.com. I tried a ...

It's a White House video.,,http://mfile.akamai.com/5913/wmv/whitehouse.download.akamai.com/5913/2007/03/20070323-1.v.asx,,Here is the page that links to the file:,,http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea
It's a White House video. http://mfile.akamai.com/5913/wmv/whitehouse.download.akamai.com/5913/2007/03/20070323-1.v.asx Here is the page that links to the file: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/03/20070323-1.html# I first played the file in FF, using the media player embedded in the web page above, but FF did not cache it. Then I copied the address of the file from Page Info and pasted it in the address bar and hit enter. This called WMP 11, as I would expect, and played the file in the external WMP 11. But none of the usual folders for cached IE and WMP f...

Help! I cannot access the DataGrid's ItemTemplate's LinkButton's Text Atrribute 's Value!!!!!!!!!!!
I write a datagrid's ItemDataBound method as follows:   private void dgTable_ItemDataBound(object sender, System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs e)  {   if(e.Item.ItemType == ListItemType.Item || e.Item.ItemType == ListItemType.AlternatingItem)   {    if(!isRole("Manager"))    {     LinkButton tmp = (LinkButton)e.Item.FindControl("lbPassed");     if(tmp.Text == "Passed")     {      ((LinkBu...

Web resources about - What's that???? www.google.com/intl/xx-hacker - grc.privacy