What DNS server is used when using a proxy server?

Hey to all :)

When you are using an anonymous proxy-server for the internet
what happens with the translation of typed URLs to the IP address?

What DNS server is used for the URL translation of the websites
you visit?
1. The DNS server of your ISP
or
2. the DNS server of the anonymous proxy server?

Or in other words, who manages the URL translation for the
visited websites:
your ISP or the anonymous proxy server?

Thanx in advance,

Little Admin

0
Little
2/29/2004 9:45:00 AM
grc.privacy 4590 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:45:32 +0100,
Little Admin <i-do-not-have-email@hotmail.com> wrote:

> When you are using an anonymous proxy-server for the internet
> what happens with the translation of typed URLs to the IP address?
>
> What DNS server is used for the URL translation of the websites
> you visit?
> 1. The DNS server of your ISP
> or
> 2. the DNS server of the anonymous proxy server?

As a general rule, the proxy is "acting as your proxy," you tell it what
you want, it fetches it (including it working out where to get it from).

You ask the proxy server for a named address, it finds out the IP, gets
the resource, caches it, gives you the result.

--
My "from" address is totally fake.  The reply-to address is real, but
may be only temporary.  Reply to usenet postings in the same place as

This message was sent without a virus, please delete some files yourself.
0
Tim

Can OpenVPN server also be used as a proxy server?
Hi, I travel often and therefore run into the unsecured wireless / ethernet problem. In order to solve this I have an SSH and OpenVPN server running at home. I have a NAT router and all my machines also run a software firewall. All NAT ports are closed, so I'm using TOR to open port forwarding for SSH and OpenVPN. This means remote administration needs to be enabled on my ethernet router (argh, see no other way, unless I leave the ports open all the time). Unfortunately the router won't take an HTTPS connection, which is the reason for TOR (otherwise router pass...

How can I use a linux server as a proxy between a DataSnap server/client
I have a DataSnap Server that is behind a NAT firewall. I also have many DataSnap clients that need to connect to that server. I want to provide a connection proxy to help those two computers connect and transfer data. The server will be authorized for this service ahead of time and I thought the best way would be to have a dedicated port on my Linux servers IP for each server needing my connection service. I have thought about L2TP type of VPN connection from the server to my linux server. It would be nice if I could create scripts/batch files on both ends to automate the install and make th...

DNS error on internal servers using proxy on workstation
I need a little direction with my problem. Workstations can not access our private internal servers by name when proxy is set. For example, a server that is named 2KData can only be accessed when the workstation proxy is off. At a command prompt, the workstation can ping and resolve the A5Data server to the correct IP address. I have tried to set the DNS order on the worksation to BM first, then the W2K DNS server. I've also tried to reverse the DNS order with no luck. Always the same result with IE5.5 and IE6.0. What I would really like to do is for the browser to bypass ...

using DNS Benchmark behind a proxy server at work
Has anyone had any success/failures of using DNSB behind a proxy server? I am running Windows XP SP3. Our proxy server is a Novell Border Manager system with proxy filtering for http and https traffic. thanks in advance, Mike On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 14:07:49 +0400, mili@yahoo.com wrote: >Has anyone had any success/failures of using DNSB behind a proxy server? > >I am running Windows XP SP3. Our proxy server is a Novell Border Manager >system with proxy filtering for http and https traffic. Hi Mike, If UDP port 53 isn't allowed to the outside, I'd think i...

DDNS
--____OGIJWEIFSZWDFEMDUXEK____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 10 Jan 2007 09:40:29 -0500" We have a Netware 6.5 sp5 server running DHCP and I recently setup a SLES = 10 DNS server, and now i want to dynamically add my workstation hostnames = to the DNS server. I've setup DDNS on the SLES 10 side and generated my = TSIG Private and public keys, but I'm not sure how to get the public keys = to my clients. I'm assuming i would use DHCP, but do not see...

ASP.Net application developed using SQL Server 2000 can't use SQL Server 2005
Hi,If an application written in ASP.Net that uses SQL Server 2000 can have certain features that will not work on SQL Server 2005?There is an application written in ASP.Net with SQL Server 2000 which I need to convert to SQL Server 2005 but the original developer says it uses certain SQL Server 2000 specific features and won't work directly on SQL Server 2005 without modifying code. Are there any such features? Thanks  According to the official "Discontinued Database Engine Functionality In SQL Server 2005"-document on MSDN, the only Transact-SQL statement that has ...

BM proxy use other proxy server
Hi, We have set up BM 3.8 proxy to use other proxy (CERN). HTTP is ok, but it seems that the BM proxy is not sending HTTPS request to this proxy. When we try BM proxy directly to internet all is Ok. (both http and https) Any special setup for HTTPS to other proxy server?? Magne From a previous post of mine. (answered by Gonzalo) ability to sign into secure public web sites using SSL. > > This was an known issue.This is from one of the tids: > > 3.2.3 Proxy does not forward CONNECT requests > > If the ICP hierarchy with "Mus...

Use other dns servers.
Hi, My ISP (AT&T) has many DNS servers that I can use. How can I set up windows to use the DNS servers that I want. I have tested them all with DNSRU and have found the fastest ones. I am using Win Xp Pro. Thanks, Joe Joe <j_bob1784@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > My ISP (AT&T) has many DNS servers that I can use. How can I set up > windows to use the DNS servers that I want. I have tested them all with > DNSRU and have found the fastest ones. I am using Win Xp Pro. http://tln.lib.mi.us/help/changedns/winxp/ http://www.google.com/search?q=wind...

use of proxy server
I can not use proxy 127.0.0.1 port 4001 anymore with firefox . I'am sure I have correctly configured my lan connection using manual configuration to surf through this proxy.the port 4001 is not blocked by the firewall nor the modem router. a message appears telling me "proxy server not found. firefox is configured to use a proxy server but it is not found" thank you for telling me how to use this proxy and solve the problem makour6@hotmail.com wrote: > I can not use proxy 127.0.0.1 port 4001 anymore with firefox . I'am > sure I have correctly configured my l...

server.mappath does not working on production server cant see video using server.mappath
I  am not able to use server.mappath on production server.I am trying to download a video file through a windows media player control. It works ok on local machine but not on production server<div id="VideoDisplay"> <object id="msnVwmp" classid="CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6" style="width: 250px; height: 250px; position:absolute;left:0px; top:10px" type="application/x-oleobject" standby="Loading Windows Media Player components..."> <param name="uiMode" value="full"/> ...

Creating a SQL Server linked server to Interbase using 64 bit SQL Server
Hi, I am trying to use the data direct odbc driver for interbase to create a linked server in SQL Server 2008 R2 64bit however, SQL Server reports an "Arcitechure Mismatch" between the System DSN and SQL Server. This did work under 32 bit SQL Server. Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase? I have tried using the IBProvider trial as well but this fails to work in SQL Server as well. Our Interbase client(s) and server are all 64 bit installations. Thank you Julian Dawson wrote: > Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase? I think Easy...

server.mappath does not work on production server can view video using server.mappath
I am trying to use server.mappath to view video which is saved in folder on the server.It does not show the video .If I try to access the video using my ip address on the server I can see it,but not through server.mappath. Things are ok on development machine. Please help.I am using windows media player to view the video.<div id="VideoDisplay"> <object id="msnVwmp" classid="CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6" style="width: 250px; height: 250px; position:absolute;left:0px; top:10px" type="application/x-oleobject" sta...

How Read CSV file in other server using bulk insert command in sql server in different server...
Hi All,  Please some one help me... I have to insert a csv into one table in sql server. But the problem is the file is in one server and SQL SERVER 2005 is in other server..  how do i insert the file.... please help me.....   hi, CSV File is like a ODBC Database File Read the File and Load it in to Dataset/DataTable. then do what ever the operation u need..?  Thanks & Regards,Murthy....

Web resources about - What DNS server is used when using a proxy server? - grc.privacy

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

Turkey internet servers under sustained cyber attack: internet body
Turkish internet servers have suffered one of the most intense cyberattacks ever seen in the country over the past week, raising fears Ankara ...

Cock.li e-mail server seized by German authorities, admin announces
(credit: Vincent Canfield ) In a new video statement posted on Monday, the administrator of novelty e-mail provider cock.li announced that one ...

Amazon deal: Save $85 on this Sony portable wireless server
Smartphones' memory storage gets filled so quickly these days thanks to photos, videos and more, so get yourself a handy portable wireless server ...

Facebook releases design for its souped-up A.I. server, 'Big Sur'
Facebook is releasing the hardware design for a server it uses to train artificial intelligence (A.I.) software, allowing other companies exploring ...

Applebee’s Server Returns $32,000 In Cash Family Accidentally Left On The Table
... and scored a huge tip from some abnormally generous person, and you figure the money is yours to keep. Or, if you’re like one Applebee’s server ...

Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’
Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’

Facebook, Google server outsourcing strategy change expected to impact profitability for ODMs
Facebook is planning to add Wiwynn, a server subsidiary of Wistron, as a new datacenter server supplier, joining its primary supplier Quanta ...

Hillary Clinton's private server had two 'top secret' emails
Those concerns that Hillary Clinton's private email server had classified intel? They're apparently well-founded. Sources for Fox News and Politico ...

CTERA Unveils Server Data Protection for Enterprise CloudOps
The data protection solution evolves the backup capabilities developed as part of the company’s Enterprise File Services Platform.