geobutton.com geoup.com, geobytes.com networldmap.com?

Do these website have the potensial for privacy 'invasion'?

If you just to be on the safe side want them in your host file
(I did a DNS Zone Query):

# Geobutton.com

127.0.0.1		geobutton.com
127.0.0.1		radev.geobutton.com
127.0.0.1		devadmin.geobutton.com
127.0.0.1		ra.geobutton.com
127.0.0.1		new.geobutton.com
127.0.0.1		comdev.geobutton.com
127.0.0.1		buttondev.geobutton.com
127.0.0.1		mail.geobutton.com
127.0.0.1		www.geobutton.com
127.0.0.1		image.geobutton.com
127.0.0.1		dev.geobutton.com
127.0.0.1		button.geobutton.com
127.0.0.1		map.geoup.com

# Geoup.com

127.0.0.1		geoup.com
127.0.0.1		GLRS1.geoup.com
127.0.0.1		GLRS1Proxy.geoup.com
127.0.0.1		GLRS.geoup.com
127.0.0.1		com.geoup.com
127.0.0.1		mail.geoup.com
127.0.0.1		ReportsDev.geoup.com
127.0.0.1		glrsdev.geoup.com
127.0.0.1		www.geoup.com
127.0.0.1		map.geoup.com
127.0.0.1		mapdev.geoup.com
127.0.0.1		glrs2off.geoup.com
127.0.0.1		dev.geoup.com

# Geobytes.com

127.0.0.1	geobytes.com
127.0.0.1	devnotes.geobytes.com
127.0.0.1	mailBackup.geobytes.com
127.0.0.1	north.geobytes.com
127.0.0.1	glrs.geobytes.com
127.0.0.1	eblix.geobytes.com
127.0.0.1	brady.geobytes.com
127.0.0.1	plan.geobytes.com
127.0.0.1	mail.geobytes.com
127.0.0.1	www.geobytes.com
127.0.0.1	dev.geobytes.com
0
anon
7/15/2002 7:10:00 PM
grc.privacy 4590 articles. 0 followers. Follow

need to remove XSRemover.com; WorldAntiSpy.com; WinHoun.com and PSGuard.com
I have a long distance friend I am trying to help remove some desktop hijackers. The info online is limited. I have found that some of those are desktop hijackers. I told the person to check Add Remove to see if those are installed and run Ad Aware Se and Spybot Search and Destroy. Is there a remover for those or a place that tells how to manually clean up the machine. -- Firewire "Firewire" <firewire@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message news:dn9m9d$m0q$1@news.grc.com... >I have a long distance friend I am trying to help remove some desktop > hij...

COM/COM+ component
Hi Does anyone have an simple example of COM/COM+ component and the way to use it ? cheer <Muriel> wrote in message news:417783cf.293.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi > > Does anyone have an simple example of COM/COM+ component and > the way to use it ? > > cheer Check the ole-ocx-activex group. There are also several examples in the help documentation. -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] ...

COM/COM+ Components
We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard in PowerBuilder 11.5. Alternatives are deploying your NVO as a .NET Web Service or as a .NET Assembly. Would removing this feature have an impact on you? Regards, Dave Fish Sybase PowerBuilder Blog: http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/ Dave; By this you mean allowing PB to build a COM Server? Chris "Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <n0Spam__dfish@sybase.com> wrote in message news:gm2j24hk7o0pedrhc3kudlg2tqdgs8hjei@4ax.com... > We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard i...

What is COM/COM+/DCOM
Hi All, What is concept behind COM, COM+ and DCOM, Plz discuss in detail... Thanx in advance SajjadPlease Mark as Answer, if the post Solve your Problem__________________________Regards,Sajjad RizviC U ON NETreply me : sajjaddotnet@yahoo.com Sajjad, please do not ask us to do your homework for you. The following will provide you with a good start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Component_object_model Alister but why ???? Because this forums for asking the Question.... Any thing Wrong... (Thanx for Link)Please Mark as Answer, if the post Solve your Problem_____________________...

COM/COM+ Components
We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard in PowerBuilder 11.5. Alternatives are deploying your NVO as a .NET Web Service or as a .NET Assembly. Would removing this feature have an impact on you? Regards, Dave Fish Sybase PowerBuilder Blog: http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/ Yes certanily. We are using many many COM/COM+ components. "Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <n0Spam__dfish@sybase.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:ch2j24tdfqbfua264mmrnu2d3isrm1clug@4ax.com... > We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard in >...

Sending to aol.com , gmail.com, and yahoo.com
I'm running GroupWise 7.0. I have a Firewall and a CISCO router. We have all SMTP traffic pointing to the local IP address of the GroupWise server. At are website hosting company we have a MX record setup to point to an open Internet IP addres from are ISP. So when someone email us it comes from the internet IP address to are firewall to are local ip address. We are having proplem send to aol.com, yahoo.com, and gmail.com. How do I solve this. Also getting some host down issue and the host that is down is are .com address. Please help I had the same issue and we h...

SmtpClient , sending mails to @gamil.com or @yahoo.com or @anyOtherThing.com
i am creating a  SmtpClient as follows    Dim Client As New SmtpClient("mycompany.com")it work fine for all  ids end with  @mycompany.com  (i mean the To field) but it throws an exception  when i send mails to  ids ending with  @gamil.com or  @yahoo.com  or @anyOtherThing.comand the exception.message is  'Thread was being aborted.  how can i get escape  Check your SMTP server settings and check the SMTP server logs.  My guess is you're not allowed to forward outside your domain. JeffPlease: Don't for...

c.microsoft.com c2.microsoft.com crl.microsoft.com
Windows-update and various security patch downloads all access some or all of the URL's c.microsoft.com c2.microsoft.com and crl.microsoft.com. I suspected these URL's to do some information-snooping so I blocked all requests to the internet. I was somewhat surprised to find that everything was working completely as before. So my question is: does anyone here know what these URL's are used for? As far as I know c.microsoft.com serves webbugs, and only webbugs. Never found anything from the other two servers you mentioned. Where did they show up and what did they serve? ...

FireFox locks up when using Drudgereport.com/breitbart.com/g.thinktarget.com
Name: Jim Blood Email: jimblood_at_macserve.net Product: Firefox Summary: FireFox locks up when using Drudgereport.com/breitbart.com/g.thinktarget.com Comments: Sirs; I traced my problem back to your banner ad that g.thinktarget.com is running on behalf of breitbart.com when I click on a drudgereport.com article. I am passing your banner ad webpage on to a list of FireFox users so that they too can be aware that everytime the g.thinktarget.com URL appears it forces me to shut down my FireFox application. Now this doesn't happen with Mozilla, but I've got a lot of ...

Itunes.com or Apple.com
Name: Nick Blankenship Email: gardianangel_333atyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Alpha 8 Summary: Itunes.com or Apple.com Comments: I have had a hard time downloading things from Itunes.com or Apple.com Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ...

Shockwave.com and zone.com
Name: Tyler Email: annieanne1ataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Shockwave.com and zone.com Comments: My favorite gaming websites shockwave.com and zone.com do not run on this browser. Is there something I need to download or will these websites never be compatible with Firefox? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for the...

Slate.com and Amazon.com
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Slate.com and Amazon.com Comments: I use windows xp service pack 3. Since the release of version 3.5.something, Firefox has not worked correctly at Slate.com; specifically, it will display the pictures at the top of the Today in Slate page. Some of these pictures act as buttons, but they don't respond to clicking. I don't know how long this has been going on, but the drop down list at Amazon.com doesn't work. Instead of having to click once, I have to double click on the menu. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows...

PB COM components in COM+
Is there any way to successfully utilize COM+ transaction management via a COM component built in PB7 ? No. Following Microsoft info, and my own tests, COM+ are actually supported only by VB and Ms C++. In PB, GetContextService call always return -1. "Robert Ranck" <reranck@cmds.com> wrote in message news:XR#daMQRAHA.162@forums.sybase.com... > Is there any way to successfully utilize COM+ transaction management via a > COM component built in PB7 ? > > > ...

setfullstate with COM/MTS/COM+
Hi: I have created a component COM/MTS/COM+ , but also I must use setfullstate for view the information in the user window , the datawindow object is not visible. only is visible the control datawindow but the object datawindow is not visible. (but the getitemstring the datawindow return data). Ideas? The code is this: OLEObject loo_mycomponent OLEObject loo_ADOrecordset blob lbl_1 ADOresultset lrs_ADOresultset datastore ds_local integer li_rc,li_retorno loo_mycomponent = CREATE OLEObject li_rc = loo_mycomponent.ConnectToNewObject("operaciones.1.0") if li_r...

Web resources about - geobutton.com geoup.com, geobytes.com networldmap.com? - grc.privacy

Geobytes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The idea of geographically mapping the Internet and the dependent technology of geographically targeting online advertising was developed by ...