Flash cookie clearing with Adobe Flash 10.3.181.14

REQUIREMENTS: Adobe Flash 10.3.181.14. (released May 12, 2011)

Flash cookies (LSOs � local stored objects) can now be cleared in the
Flash Control Panel or directly in the browser if you have recent
versions of IE or Firefox.

Browsers that integrate Flash cookie crumbling:
*         Internet Explorer 8
*         Internet Explorer 9
*         Firefox 4
*         Chrome 11?

Flash Control Panel:
After you�ve installed the latest (as of this message) Adobe Flash, you
will have a Flash Player applet in your computer�s Control Panel.  From
here, it�s easy to clear Flash cookies � and even see which flash
cookies you have installed.  I only had one from Microsoft from
ie.microsoft.com.

Note also that the Advanced tab of the Flash Player control panel applet
allows you to check for Flash updates for both the ActiveX (for IE) and
PlugIn (for every other browser) versions of Flash.  No doubt that
future Flash foul-ups will require frequent visits here.

More info on the new Flash control panel on Adobe�s Macromedia site:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html

Adobe�s announcement of new Flash:
http://blogs.adobe.com/asset/2011/05/advancing-flash-player-privacy-and-security.html?PID=4176442

Internet Explorer:
Internet Explorer 8 and 9 will clear Flash cookies when you delete history.

Microsoft announcement:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2011/05/03/deleting-flash-cookies-made-easier.aspx

Note that Microsoft added an API to IE 8 and IE 9 that allows Adobe to
hook their Flash cookie clearer into IE's Delete History feature.   Not
available in IE 7 and earlier.  Use Flash Control Panel instead.

Microsoft test page for checking:
http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Browser/FlashCookies/Default.html
I created a "jalopy" Flash cookie, then cleared it using IE 8's "Safety"
- "Delete Browsing History".

Firefox:
Firefox 4 also includes a similar API.  Adobe's new flash cookie clearer
has tied into that.
http://blog.sidstamm.com/2011/05/clearing-flash-cookies-using-firefox.html
Not available in Firefox 3.x and earlier.  Use Flash Control Panel instead.

It appears that the latest Chrome supports the same API mechanism as
Firefox, and should also delete Flash cookies when clearing history/cookies.

Old stand-by Flash cookie crushers:
* The Better Privacy add-on for Firefox has allowed users to delete
these Flash cookies for about 2 years now.
* I've read that CCLEANER can be used to delete these LSO cookies as
well:  Add %APPDATA%\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\ into
CCleaner's "Include" options.
http://www.jkwebtalks.com/2010/02/setup-ccleaner-to-completely-remove.html

0
Al
5/18/2011 1:03:39 AM
grc.privacy 4590 articles. 0 followers. Follow

While Al dreams of electric sheep...:
> REQUIREMENTS: Adobe Flash 10.3.181.14. (released May 12, 2011)
>
> Flash cookies (LSOs – local stored objects) can now be cleared in the
> Flash Control Panel or directly in the browser if you have recent
> versions of IE or Firefox.

What about Linux users of firefox ?
Is there an app for controlling options/configuration ?

--
Where's there's smoke, There are mirrors.
Give me Free as in Freedom not Speech or Beer.
On 05/18/11 12:51, DarkWolf wrote:
> While Al dreams of electric sheep...:
>> REQUIREMENTS: Adobe Flash 10.3.181.14. (released May 12, 2011)
>>
>> Flash cookies (LSOs – local stored objects) can now be cleared in
>> the Flash Control Panel or directly in the browser if you have
>> recent versions of IE or Firefox.
>
> What about Linux users of firefox ? Is there an app for controlling
> options/configuration ?

"Better Privacy" extension works well with Linux FF - reports additions;
allows easy deletions. Have it delete as much as possible.

IMHO the browser-based and Flash-based LSO deletion is likely a red
herring, as in addition  to LSOs, Adobe puts history info *inside* the
settings.sol, AND constructs site-specific directory structures within
the .macromedia directory. It also constructs a UUID within the .adobe
directory.

Write a little script that deletes both of those directories at startup,
shutdown, and upon demand; don't waste your time visiting the Flash
"settings manager" page.
0
Roger
5/18/2011 6:01:58 PM
That's awesome

--
"All that you know, is at an end.."   - Norrin Radd

0
fairlane32
5/20/2011 5:26:19 AM
On 18/05/11 20:01, Roger Parks wrote:

> Write a little script that deletes both of those directories

# Remove flash cookies
* * * * * 	root    rm -rf /home/<WEBSURFINGUSER>/.macromedia
* * * * * 	root    rm -rf /home/<WEBSURFINGUSER>/.adobe

dont

Adobe Flash Player 10.3.181.14
Another security update for Adobe Flash Player is available, 10.3.181.14. Direct download, <http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz>. Also included, a new feature - the Gnome and KDE Native Control Panel. <http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html> "Beginning with Flash Player 10.3, the Local Settings Manager supersedes this Online Settings Manager for managing global settings on Windows, Mac, and Linux computers." The README included in the tarball contains ...

No Flash support in Firefox 3.0.5 and Adobe flash 10
I am running the 64 bit openSUSE 11.1 and with firefox 3.0.5 and adobe flash 10 I firefox does not seem to see that I have flash installed. Here is a list of flash related plugins that I have installed vendion@Big-O:~> sudo zypper se flash Loading repository data... Reading installed packages... S | Name | Summary | Type --+-----------------------+---------------------------------------------------+----------- i | flash-player | Adobe Flash PlugIn and standalone Player | package | flash-player | Adobe...

Adobe Flash Player 10.3.181.34
(http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/) Beware of third party Toolbar Offerings such as Google. Release Notes: (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/901/cpsid_90194.html) You must apply Flash to all installed Browsers for the ActiveX and = Plug-in to correctly display in the Control Panel applet.=20 --=20 Randy (http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx) (http://www.linkedin.com/in/randyknobloch) On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 15:02:46 -0400, Randy Knobloch wrote: > (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/) > > Beware of third party Toolbar Offerings such as ...

Firefox 3.04 and Firefox 3.1 Beta 1
Name: Thomas Domin Email: domindottomatgooglemaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.04 and Firefox 3.1 Beta 1 - ignore Adobe flash player 10 Comments: Flash Player 10 from Adobe/Macromedia was installed many times befor: Now is reading: You need to upgrade your Flash Player. Ekornes Stressless Catalouge if you're absolutely positive you have Flash 8 oe requires Macromedia Flash, version 8 or greater. Please click here to download. Or, if you're absolutely positive you have Flash 8 or greater, click here to force the site to load. From URL: http://hendrix....

Adobe flash KUbuntu 10.04 flashplugin-installer AMD 64bit, "You need to upgrade your flash player. Download it from Adobe."; jor MozFirefox
I can't get flash working now. It was working maybe a month ago, but then stopped, & I haven't tired since then. The latest message is: "You need to upgrade your flash player. Download it from Adobe." But, I've tried installing it using the Ubuntu flashplugin-installer, but it won't show up as installed. == I'm running Firefox direct from Mozilla, not ubuntu, to have the debug ability on, for if a crash occurs. I turned off flashblock & noscript, & restarted Firefox, then exited firefox. I purged flashplugin-installer, then rei...

Flash Problem with Firefox 3.03 and Flash Player 10
Name: Ruediger Gehring Email: infoatcablekingdotde Product: Firefox Summary: Flash Problem with Firefox 3.03 and Flash Player 10 Comments: After installing the update of the Adobe Flash Player, the flash category-menu on our homepage can'nt be seen. In IE6+7 everything works fine. Combination of Firefox 3.03 and Flash Player 9 works also fine. Homepage: www.cableking.de Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a respon...

Firefox 3.6.10: Adobe Flash Crash
Name: Randy Steer Email: mozilladotorg_firefoxatrandysteerdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.6.10: Adobe Flash Crash Comments: This may be more of a problem with Flash than Firefox -- I assume you have contacts at Adobe you can pass it on to. At the UK version of HP's "Snapfish" website (www.snapfish.co.uk), I experienced the same crash on two different computers, home and office. After creating a photo-book "project", I tried clicking the "print" button, which prints a draft locally at your PC of the book that Snapfish will print...

Adobe Flash Player 10.3.183.7
(http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/) Bulletin predicating release: (http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb11-21.html) More information, if required: (http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html) *Direct download links contained herein* <hint> As per usual - avoid all third party offerings like Google Toolbar.=20 Under a Moz installation you will likely be a McAfee plug-in of sorts.=20 Unless you want them.=20 Hat tip to a poster at DSL Reports for announcing.=20 Regards,=20 --=20 Randy (http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/defa...

Adobe Flash Player 10.3.183.5
For IE users >=20 (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/) *Beware of Google Toolbar offerings For Moz users >=20 URL appears the same but is not under Moz (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/)=20 =20 *Beware of McAfee offerings under Moz Note: There are no apparently bulletins from, Adobe at this time.=20 --=20 Randy (http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx) (http://www.linkedin.com/in/randyknobloch) Randy Knobloch wrote: > Note: There are no apparently bulletins from, Adobe at this time. > http://blogs.adobe....

openSUSE 10.3 + 64bit system + Flash Plugin 10,0,15,3 + No sound
Hi Folks, my system is a 64bit openSUSE 10.3. I have installed: - MozillaFirefox-3.0.6-1.4 (its libs are under /usr/lib64. I guess it's the 64bit version of ff) - flash-player-9.0.152.0-0.1 - flash-plugin-10.0.15.3-release - nspluginwrapper-1.2.2-4.1 about:plugins says Shockwave Flash File name: npwrapper.libflashplayer.so Shockwave Flash 10.0 r15 Shockwave Flash File name: libswfdecmozilla.so Shockwave Flash 9.0 (Swfdec 0.4.3) Watching flash videos works but w/o sound. Any hints? Thanks, Roland -- _______________________________...

Firefox 3.5 crashes with flash player 10.0.32.18 (suse 10.3)
Hi I was using firefox 3.5.3 with flash player 9 (some version - not sure) and it was working fine. Today when youtube got opened it prompted me to upgrade flash to 10.0.32.18, i did so by installing ".rpm" using "rpm -Uvh flash-plugin-10.0.32.18-release.i386.rpm ". But after that whenever any flash embed sits (eg: youtube) opened, firefox is crashing. Please let me know what is the issue. I have mozilla-nss-3.11.7-15 mozilla-xulrunner181-1.8.1.4-30 mozilla-nspr-4.6.7-20 beagle-firefox-0.2.18-30 with openSUSE 10.3 (X86-64). Thanks, ShekarKCB -- ...

Update: Flash Player 10.3.181.26 (non-IE)
Hallo Uwe, Flash Player Uninstaller: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html non-IE: http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/ IE: http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/ Au�erdem Silverlight update: http://www.computerbase.de/downloads/internet/browser/silverlight/ Liebe Gr��e Vati ...

Adobe APSB10-14 Flash Player 10.1.53.64 (Other Browsers)
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to deploy this patch for non-administrative users? I tried remote access to a machine, run the installer (have to run-as admin) but it only updates the administrators instance of Firefox, not the users instance. Was Adobe bought out by MS?!?! or do they just not want anyone to view flash unless an admin, and therefore more open to the flaws that give access to the system? -- lxzndr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lxzndr, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a resp...

Adobe Flash Player 10.1.85.3 keeps uninstalling after instal
Adobe Flash Player 10.1.85.3 (Internet Explorer) for Windows (FullUpgrade) (All Languages)787311649 Patch has been discovered by Patch management, deploying this patch causes an install and uninstall. has anyone else dealt with this issue? -- fishoil ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Fishoil, I hate the Adobe updates, even when applying the update from the Adobe system tray icon, I've found that my anti-virus stops the download manager from working - you might want to try an experiment to see if that help... -- Sh...

Web resources about - Flash cookie clearing with Adobe Flash 10.3.181.14 - grc.privacy

Mine-clearing line charge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A mine-clearing line charge (abbreviated MCLC and pronounced "mick lick") is used to create a breach in minefields under combat conditions. While ...

Social Media Jobs: Wooga, App Minis, Publishers Clearing House
... a new mobile game, as well as an iOS games developer . Meanwhile, App Minis is seeking a senior unity game programmer , and Publishers Clearing ...

Chakra Clearing - Doreen Virtue, Ph.D. on the App Store on iTunes
Get Chakra Clearing - Doreen Virtue, Ph.D. on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Clearing Skies at Target Field - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
A little rain in the bottom of the first gave way to a perfect night for baseball at Target Field.

Excavator mulchers - Land clearing equipment - Forestry mulcher - DENISCIMAF.com - YouTube
Land clearing equipment, forestry mulcher for excavators. These excavator mulchers are ideal for intensive vegetation control, land clearing, ...

Houston eyes future benefits after clearing out veterans
Houston eyes future benefits after clearing out veterans

Labor says trade union royal commission submissions clearing Bill Shorten released at ‘odd’ time - AdelaideNow ...
OPPOSITION Leader Bill Shorten says he is pleased to be cleared of any wrongdoing during his time as boss of the Victorian branch of the Australian ...

10/50 tree-clearing rule: misuses flagged by two councils before 1000 trees removed
Misuses of the 10/50 rule - allowing property owners in fire-prone areas to remove trees without permission - were flagged by two Sydney councils ...

Two sides to the clearing debate
While ASX chief executive Elmer Funke Kupper argues that offshore clearing of derivatives transactions could lead to systemic risk, increased ...

Puneet Puneet refused bail in India, clearing way for extradition to Australia
... resulted in a student's death. India’s highest court on Tuesday rejected a bail application by fugitive hit-and-run driver Puneet Puneet, clearing ...