Battle Creek backs down on ORBZ charges?

Read carefully. It sounds like they are trying to backdate their
decision to backdown on prosecution. Also, it hasn't been
confirmed yet.

Firestorm over spam in Battle Creek

BATTLE CREEK (NEWS 3) - The city of Battle Creek made
international news this week over a fight involving junk email.
Email sent by anti-spam activist Ian Gulliver to the city's server
last month caused the server to slow down for an entire day.
Gulliver says he was just trying to point out a weakness
in the city's server that could allow someone to use it to send
spam email. But the city didn't learn about that bit of information
until this week. The police department issued a search warrant
for Gulliver's ORBZ web site. In response, Gulliver shut down
ORBZ, saying the threat of jail time was too much. This week,
the city and Gulliver reached and understanding. There will be
no criminal charges. News about the controversy spread quickly
over the Internet. Wired.com and Britain's The Register newspaper
featured stories on the issue."
0
Ben
3/22/2002 12:01:00 AM
grc.privacy 4590 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Privacy.. which privacy ?
http://www.zeropaid.com/news/8758/Tomorrow+the+FBI+will+be+able+to+wiretap+all+internet+users I can't see privacy here "ObiWan" <anzen.NO@SPAM.gmx.net> wrote in message news:f2f58g$2jv4$1@news.grc.com... > http://www.zeropaid.com/news/8758/Tomorrow+the+FBI+will+be+able+to+wiretap+all+internet+users > > I can't see privacy here Shhhhhhh...the wires have ears. On Wednesday, Anonymous Bob ventured about what: > ObiWan wrote <in reference to> Tomorrow+the+FBI+will+be+able+to+wiretap+all+internet+users >> >> I ca...

Privacy? What privacy?
Followup to grc.privacy http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/industry/10/03/ftc.industry.ap/index.html Ponemon, a privacy consultant, said he has been contacted by many companies -- such as banks and a national supermarket chain -- asking how they should tell consumers that they gave huge swaths of consumer data to law enforcement. In many cases, Ponemon said, the companies sent the information on their own initiative in order to assist the terrorism investigation. Some firms, such as airlines and car rental agencies, are breaking their privacy policies by sharing data to analyze suspic...

The Battle For Privacy Begins???
Consumer Reports published an article titled "The battle for privacy begins" in their June, 2003 issue. Wonder where they have been <VBG>... In part, the article, on page 6, reads, "The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act is largely responsible for making your financial life an open book. Passed by Congress in 1999, it allows banks, insurance companies, and brokerage houses to sell one another's products and services. The business affiliations that the law enabled also allow those institutions to share sensitive consumer financial information. As a result, dat...

Back to back Firewalls
I appear to have an issue with an Exchange server running behind my BM38 firewall that I can't get fixed. I need to settup a Microsoft (I know, I hate that word too) ISA server somewhere and wanted to know if it would work back to back with the BM server. Right now my BM server has proxy, firewall and VPN services rnning on it and I was trying to put this ISA server just after the BM server. I'm not suer if these two are compatible in this config so I thought I might ask. The other option was for me to run them side by side and just route my mail through the ISA server if th...

I want my privacy controls back
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: I want my privacy controls back Comments: I want my privacy controls back. The new 3.5.6 takes away all positive control of privacy. I want crtl+shift+delete back! I want to have positive control of my privacy that I can SEE! I don't like the new settings. If I wanted fucking google chrome I would install it! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if yo...

get back your FB privacy
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2363922,00.asp "Boris" <B@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:ht040k$1hil$1@news.grc.com... > > > http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2363922,00.asp Try with no avail, did NOT works on my IE-8....but anyway already done @ the first time manualy disable all those humbug !!! "Boris" <B@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:ht040k$1hil$1@news.grc.com... > This site works with my IE-8 <In-Private> browser : http://www.rabidgremlin.com/fbprivacy/ In article <ht040k$1hil$1@news.grc.com>...

I want my old version back...back...no back buttons!!!
Name: Nan Email: ntcondittatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: I want my old version back...back...no back buttons!!! Comments: See, no back button, forgot to add the numbers and this is the message I received...Unfortunately, there is a problem with your submission, as follows: I love firefox and thunderbird, but did not read before loading and all my themes are useless...how can I go back to my previous version???? Sorry, you didn't correctly calculate the sum. We ask you to answer this question to prevent spammers using our form. Please press Back, check your...

Amazon cleared in privacy violation charges
Hello all, Amazon was cleared by FTC of Federal Violations. Of course, I can image some of you might feel differently. http://www.usatoday.com/life/cyber/invest/2001-05-25-ftc-amazon.htm Geek.. ...

Senate Backs Genetic Privacy Bill
Senate Backs Genetic Privacy Bill WASHINGTON, Oct. 14 - The Senate voted unanimously on Tuesday to pass the first federal bill aimed exclusively at safeguarding genetic privacy, ending six years of legislative gridlock. The White House announced that it supported the measure, which would bar companies from using genetic information to deny health coverage or employment. Scientists and advocates for patients have been working for years to pass such a bill, which they say will encourage millions of people to have genetic testing without fear of discrimination. Dr. Francis S. ...

Privacy Power's back
For those concerned, it still hasn't been updated, but at least it's back ;o) http://accs-net.com/smallfish/ -- JB Learn the Hazards http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/info17.htm Jack Benny <PBRBAP@.myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:9ksukk$28is$1@news.grc.com... > For those concerned, it still hasn't been updated, but at least it's > back ;o) > > http://accs-net.com/smallfish/ The Webfairy did that a few days ago & mentioned it here somewhere. Still no news from Jane (smallfish). -- Ray Marron "Ray Marron"...

Battle Creek, MI strikes a blow for spammers!!
FYI For those that don't know, Orbz.org is (or was) an anti-spam DNS blacklist. Using it on my own server eliminated 80+% of all incoming spam with no known collateral damage . . . The city of Battle Creek, MI filed criminal charges filed against Ian Gulliver of Orbz.org for sending an email FROM bounce@127.0.0.0 which crashed the city's mail server, due to bugs in the outdated version of Lotus Domino that they were running. Info in the stories at Wired and The Register. If this steams you, like it does me, a polite call or two to some of Battle Creeks fine officials a...

Facebook Wants Founder's Privacy Back
Filed under "How Ironic". :) <http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/11/facebook-wants.html> -- js http://justheadlines.exofire.net http://justheadlines.exofire.net/text/ In grc.privacy, john s. smith wrote: >Filed under "How Ironic". :) > ><http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/11/facebook-wants.html> More details: A Well-Deserved Court Loss For Facebook <http://kara.allthingsd.com/20071201/a-well-deserved-court-loss-for-facebook/> -- js http://justheadlines.exofire.net http://justheadlines.exofire.net/text/ ...

Bring the Back Button back!
Name: DeReK K. Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Bring the Back Button back! Comments: Like the summary said, a browser without a back button would be kind of awkward and I use the back button all the time so that it loads quicker. So yeah please bring the back button back. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Bring back the BACK button
Name: r. stephen newberry Email: stevnewbatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Bring back the BACK button Comments: What has become of the single most important "button" on the command bar? Without access to the BACK button, I have to restart Google from scratch every time I leave a page, and no longer can move froward to the next page on multi-page sites. This is INSANE!!!!!!!!!! So until I hear that you guys have zipped your fly and given us back the magic button, I will (sadly) go back to that maonstroonsity, Microsoft Internet Explorer. (Sob!) Very tru...

Web resources about - Battle Creek backs down on ORBZ charges? - grc.privacy

London congestion charge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The London congestion charge is a fee charged on most motor vehicles operating within the Congestion Charge Zone (CCZ) in central London between ...

Man accused of sexual assault after dating site hookup faces indecency charges
A Barton man accused of a violent sexual assault on a woman he met on a dating website faces fresh allegations he indecently assaulted another ...

Trainers Mark Kavanagh, Danny O'Brien guilty of cobalt charges
After being found guilty of the most serious of doping charges, racehorse trainer Danny O'Brien declared he was coming after the officials who ...

Perth dad in court on 230 charges of abuse of 13-year-old daughter
A Perth father accused of sexually abusing his 13-year-old daughter over two years and offering her to several other men has had his case adjourned ...

Canadians Facing Pot Charges Left In Legal Limbo As Liberals Prepare For Legalization 65
"I love Baby Trudeau, but he says, 'We're going to fix this.' When?"

Off to the beach, Malcolm Turnbull's in charge
It really has been Malcolm Turnbull's year because he has so successfully rebooted the national conversation about politics.

The CUBOT H1 Smartphone Test: A Month with 3-4 Days of Battery per Charge
The last time I fully road tested a smartphone, I was moving from a rather decrepit Samsung Galaxy S2 to the 'glorious' 6-inch HTC One max , ...

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl arraigned on charges at Fort Bragg
ArmyTimes.com Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl arraigned on charges at Fort Bragg ArmyTimes.com FORT BRAGG, N.C. — Wearing a dress blue uniform, Sgt. Bowe ...

Kirkland startup spikes real estate commission, charges 0.5% fee instead
... the Seattle area aiming to disrupt the home-buying process. Launched by former Microsoft and eBay employees, Kirkland-based Faira doesn't charge ...