Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 / Windows XP x64 SP2

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/windowsserver/sp2.mspx

What's New in Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
Mike
3/14/2007 11:33:05 AM
grc.news.latestversions 8022 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:33:05 +0300, Mike Meyer <x@x.com> wrote:

> What's New in Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
Any news about winXP-SP3?

Tony.

--
Properly read, the bible is the most potent force for atheism ever
conceived.
Anthony OZ wrote:
> Any news about winXP-SP3?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx
"SP3 for Windows XP is currently planned for 1H CY2008. This date is
preliminary."

I'm not sure what "1H CY2008" means, but it's safe to say that we
shouldn't expect SP3 for at least 9 more months.
0
Mike
3/15/2007 9:17:30 AM
"Mike Meyer" <x@x.com> wrote in message
[]

> I'm not sure what "1H CY2008" means, but it's safe to say
> that we shouldn't expect SP3 for at least 9 more months.

I wasn't sure either. Googling revealed that it means:
'first half of calander year 2008'.

0
Paul
3/15/2007 3:52:52 PM
One of the big thins that has changed is the removal of RIS and the addition
of WDS ( windows deployment services) this is a rather large change for
something that is a critical update.  Most people that put in on won't know
that RIS goes poof and WDS gets installed automatically...there are other
things as well but I have not yet dealt with those yet.

E2H
"Paul McDonald" <pemc@lineone.net> wrote in message

> "Mike Meyer" <x@x.com> wrote in message
> []
>
>> I'm not sure what "1H CY2008" means, but it's safe to say
>> that we shouldn't expect SP3 for at least 9 more months.
>
> I wasn't sure either. Googling revealed that it means:
> 'first half of calander year 2008'.

0
E2H

Windows Server 2003 and XP x64 Editions Service Pack 2
Ward Ralston details the contents of Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (currently in beta): There have been a few articles floating around on the Internet since we released the private beta of Windows Server 2003 SP2 a couple of weeks ago. To remove any mystery or speculation about what this Service Pack 2 is about, I thought I would take a couple of minutes to lay it out. Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 will update the following versions: Windows Server 2003 Editions (32-bit x86) Windows Server 2003 R2 Editions (32-bit x86) Windows Server 2003 x64 Editions Windows Server 2...

Proposal Round 2: Drop active support of Windows 2000, Windows XP (no service pack) and Windows XP SP1
See the previous thread for the story so far: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.planning/browse_thread/thread/67ddcaa5c897a58b# What seems to be a reasonable step is to declare that Windows XP SP2 is the lowest supported version of Windows. Older versions will not be blocked from working based on current plans, but are considered unsupported. What Unsupported Means: * No tinderbox coverage * No QA coverage * No unit test or talos performance coverage * Bugs only affecting these platforms will not be considered as blocking any release 1.9.2 or later. ** We wil...

Deploying Windows Firewall Settings for Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (v 2)
Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), currently a Release Candidate in Beta testing, includes significant enhancements to the Windows Firewall component, previously known as the Internet Connection Firewall (ICF). Windows Firewall is a stateful host-based firewall that discards unsolicited incoming traffic, providing a level of protection for computers against malicious users or programs. To provide better protection for computers connected to any kind of network (such as the Internet, a home network, or an organization network), Windows XP SP2 enables Windows Firewall on all network connec...

Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 Administration Tools Pack
The Administration Tools Pack allows administrators to install the Windows Server 2003 SP2 management tools onto a computer running Windows XP Professional or a Windows Server 2003 family operating system to perform remote server management functions. This is the final version of the Administration Tools Pack; you must uninstall all previous versions before installing this version. Please read Knowledge Base article 304718 for more information on the release process for this file and description of all known issues. Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 Administration Tools Pack...

Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 and DNN 2.1.2
Two of my hosted DNN 2.1.2 sites stopped working after my web hosting providers applied Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 to their servers. The sites are running on Access databases. The sites presented only the error page: DotNetNuke Configuration ErrorDomain Name "web4" Does Not Exist In The Database Notice that this message refers to the server name and not the domain name. I added "web4" to the portal alias list and the sites now display OK but I receive an error when attempting to log on as administrator and can not edit site content. After clicking 'Log in' using Internet Explore...

When you disable the Windows Firewall service on your Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer, the Computer Browser service stops after five minutes and Event ID 7023 is logged in the Event Viewer
followup to grc.security.software When you disable the Windows Firewall service on your Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer, the Computer Browser service stops after five minutes and Event ID 7023 is logged in the Event Viewer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889320 ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Article ID : 889320 Last Review : March 1, 2005 Revision : 1.0 SYMPTOMS When you disable the Windows Firewall service on your Microsoft Windows XP Ser...

Windows XP stops responding and you receive a stop error message after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2
Windows XP stops responding and you receive a stop error message after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888413 ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Article ID : 888413 Last Review : March 7, 2005 Revision : 1.0 SYMPTOMS After you install Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) on a Windows XP-based computer, Windows XP stops responding and you receive a stop error message. CAUSE This problem may occur after you ins...

Does ASA 8.0.2 or higher run on Windows 2000 Adv Server / Windows 2003 Enterprise Server as cluster service?
Hi all, Simple question, does the Sybase SQL Anywhere Database 8.0.2 or higher run on Windows 2000 Advanced Server or Windows 2003 Enterprise Server as a cluster service? Best Regards, Carsten Yes 8.0.2 can run in a Windows Cluster. No it is not 'cluster aware'. One example of ASA being configured in a cluster is outlined in: How to Implement a Common Database for Pylon Anywhere within a Load-Balanced Cluster http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1026325 -- ----------------------------------------------- Robert Waywell Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Developer - V...

Service Pack 1 For Service Pack 2 For Windows XP
Microsoft Releases Security Patch For Service Pack 1 For Service Pack 2 For Windows XP http://www.thedailyfarce.com/technology.cfm?story=2004/08/technology_patchforsp1forsp2forwinxp_08200400008 In an effort to stop viruses from spreading around the Internet, Microsoft released the long awaited Windows XP Service Pack 2 on Friday August 6th. Immediately after the release, on Saturday, Microsoft announced Service Pack 1 for Service Pack 2, which fixes many issues that were not fixed in Service Pack 2 for Windows XP. However, this morning, a hacker found a new vulnerability with...

Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
Hi All Quick question. Is supported by PSS to apply Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 to all the servers inside the solution Microsoft Solution for Hosted Messaging and Collaboration version 3.5 with Feature Pack 1? Have been alredy tested by test team,if not, there is any timeframe to may this happen? Cheers Juanm Currently SP2 and any version of HMC 3.5 is an unsupported scenerio.  I'd have to do more digging to find out if or when this may change, but I would expect with the impending release of HMC 4.0 I'm not sure how much effort will be put into that. Hi Steve This was...

Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2...

crystal reports for visual studio 2003(compatability issue while updating service pack 2 for windows server 2003)
Hi  Thanks in advance for assisting me,I had an windows application which used crystal reports for report generation.The application is developed in windows server 2003 O.S and  visual studio.net 2003.The crystal reports is of business object .(version 9.1) The application had options of exporting to excel using crystal reports.The application was working fine untill recently when we installed Service pack 2 for windows server 2003 O.S.Now i am not able to get the desired result as before.Is there any incompatabilty issue with service pack 2,what could be the problem,please assis...

Manually Configuring Windows Firewall in Windows XP Service Pack 2
Manually Configuring Windows Firewall in Windows XP Service Pack 2 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0204.mspx -- Kayode Okeyode http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/ http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk/favorites/webdesign.htm ...

Troubleshooting Windows Firewall settings in Windows XP Service Pack 2
[February 6, 2007] [quote] Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) includes Microsoft Windows Firewall, the updated firewall software that replaces Internet Connection Firewall (ICF). If Microsoft Windows Firewall is blocking a port that is used by a service or by a program, you can configure the Windows Firewall to create an exception. Windows Firewall may be blocking a program or a service if the following conditions are true: � Programs do not respond to a client's request. � Client programs do not receive data from the server. A Windows Firewall Security Alert may not...

Web resources about - Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 / Windows XP x64 SP2 - grc.news.latestversions

The Windows Blog

20/20 Will Offer ‘Important Window’ Into Life As Iraqi Refugee
... To ride that roller coaster of hope and anguish with these 149 refugees was dramatic, Vargas told TVNewser. “It’s a small but important window ...

Windows 10 Mobile Update For Older Lumias Pushed To 2016
Earlier this year Microsoft stated that their plan was to begin the roll out of Windows 10 Mobile to existing Lumia devices in December. With ...

Best Windows apps this week
One-hundred and fifty-nine in a series. Welcome to this week's overview of the best apps and games released for Windows 8.x and Windows 10 in ...

Here's what Microsoft has planned for Windows in 2016
Windows is still Microsoft's most important product. After a tough year, the company has managed to fix many of the issues that bugged users, ...

Microsoft partners with Chinese state-owned defense conglomerate to promote, sell Windows 10 to government ...
... expanded its partnership with one of China's largest defense and technology conglomerates as it announced a joint venture to get Windows 10 ...

'Clash Of Clans' Update From Supercell Adds A Personal Break Status Window And Winter Theme
"Clash Of Clans" fans that are annoyed by the Town Hall 11 personal break timer will love this optional update. Learn what the patch means for ...

Evernote's Skitch will soon bid Android, iOS and Windows farewell
... Skitch is one of your favorite sketching and annotation apps, we hope you're using a Mac, because it's saying goodbye to Android, iOS and Windows ...