Sired, Squired, Hired, RETIRED.
0
Retired
9/16/2007 1:32:23 AM
grc.news.latestversions 8022 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Retired wrote:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-D896-482E-A0D6-524E7E844D81&displaylang=en

 From the release notes:

Why Version 5.7?
The primary reason for changing the version number from 5.6 to 5.7 is to
simplify servicing and support by synchronizing the versioning to a
consistent scheme based on Vista build number. The minor version
increase does not indicate significant new features. The scripting
feature set is substantially the same as 5.6, with only minor additions.

What�s New
In addition to the general improvements noted above, the following are
some of the notable changes in this release.
JScript
*	This package includes the improved garbage collector (GC) shipped with
Internet Explorer 7 and Vista. The new GC can dramatically improve the
performance of applications that create large numbers of objects, such
as Ajax-style web applications. These performance improvements are now
available to users of earlier browsers.
This work replaces and improves upon KB919237. If you have implemented
KB919237, we recommend removing the registry keys.
*	New progid JScript.Compact implements the JScript Compact Profile
(ECMA 327). This is a profile of the ECMAScript language standard with a
subset of features. See the ECMA 327 standard for more information.
*	Update for new Daylight Savings Time rules.
VBScript
*	VBScript defines a new global function GetUILanguage that returns the
current default user interface language. This is the same value returned
by the Windows API GetUserDefaultUILanguage. Script authors can now
write code that is aware of the current user�s language preference.
*	Fix crash when calling VBScript class objects from JScript.
*	Fix problems with comparisons to NaN in some versions (KB901104).
VBScript and JScript
*	Support for large address space on machines with > 2GB RAM (KB890048)
*	Improved stack checking makes script more robust in the face of stack
overflows.
*	Fix miscellaneous TLS leaks and memory leaks, including using the
RegEx object with more than 10 sub-matches.
Windows Scripting Host
*	Fixed rare deadlocks in remote scripting. Prevents occasional hangs in
remote scripts.
*	Fixed propagation of error return codes in remote scripting. Error
codes produced by remote scripts are more reliably returned to the client.
*	Fixed attempting to load nonexistent wshenu.dll which created
performance problem in login scripts.
Included KB�s
This release also contains fixes described in the following
knowledgebase articles.
KB831191
KB834742
KB836863
KB890048
KB892296
KB901104
KB903648
KB906092
KB917344
KB919237 (superceded by new GC)
KB925753
KB933811
KB933812
KB933873
KB940284
0
Mike

Importants ralentissements de FireFox 3.5.7 sous Windows 7 *** Major slowdowns in Firefox 3.5.7 on Windows 7
Name: Bernard Le Lann Email: bernarddotlelannatlapostedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Importants ralentissements de FireFox 3.5.7 sous Windows 7 *** Major slowdowns in Firefox 3.5.7 on Windows 7 Comments: Depuis que j'utilise Windows 7 FireFox 3.5.7 est extrêmement lent, pour afficher une nouvelle page ou pour passer d'un onglet à un autre. ======================================= Since I use Windows 7 FireFox 3.5.7 is extremely slow to display a new page or move from one tab to another Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; fr; rv:1.9.1...

Version beforeMozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: James Kiekow Email: jamesdotkiekowathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Version beforeMozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: Dear Excellent Developers, I share a passion for the same in IT and I wanted to mention that I have the previous version of Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) installed and it was extremely slow surfing the web so I upgraded and my assumption was correct it was the install I believe of th...

How to view Windows Media 9 videos in Mozilla v1.7.5 in Windows XP?
How can I have the video show up in http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Video/?c=The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/M_2893_msn&n=monologue ? I have Media Player v9.0 in Windows XP Professional SP2 (all updates). Thank you in advance. :) -- "The ant has made himself illustrious; Through constant industry industrious.; So what? Would you be calm and placid; If you were full of formic acid?" --Ogden Nash (The Ant) /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx & http://aqfl.net | |o o| | E-mail (nuke ANT if replying privately to a newsgroup \ _...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: hajori Email: hajoriataondotat Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: (Deutsch) Seit den Update braucht Firefox 5 Minuten um eine neue Seite zu laden das kann doch nicht normal sein ?????????? Oder ? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wis...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729
Name: Patrick Email: plakt97312atmsndotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729 Comments: Firefox 3.5.7 running on HP Laptop hp G60, with Vista. When opening various websites, Firefox has functionality problems, specifically the minimize, size window, or close buttons in the upper left corner do not work. The scroll bar still works. Also, if I go to a website (i.e. Hotels.com AAA.com, etc.) and use a calendar at the site to select a date, Firefox freezes some of the time and...

How To Replace Windows XP With Windows 7
Many Windows XP users have decided to skip the Windows Vista operating system due to countless problems reported in the early days of its release. Especially performance related issues where the main culprit why many Windows XP users decided to wait for Vista's successor instead. The release of Windows 7 is not that far away anymore. Microsoft did already make announcements regarding the possible upgrade opportunities. In short; Windows XP users will be able to buy an upgrade edition of Windows 7 but will not be able to upgrade the operating system itself to Windows 7. They ...

Problem in Windows XP but not in Windows 7
Hello, I have installed PB 11.5 in a Windows 7. I developed an application that connects to an Oracle database using the O10 controller. I created the executable file and I leave it in a shared folder that other useres in my organization can access. In this folder I copy the content of the c:\program files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder to allow my users run the program. In the program there is a window that has a datawindow which insert files in the database. In clients with windows 7 works fine, but in clients with windows XP when I run the command dw_1.update() I get a...

Dual Booting Open SUSE 11.2 and Windows 7, Windows 7 not loading (Windows 7 installed first)
Hi everybody i know there may be many threads on this topic but I have researched and still cant seem to get Windows 7 working when the GRUB menu appears but Open SUSE 11.2 works fine.. This is the first time installing Open SUSE 11.2. I created two partitions (swap and Suse 11.2) in Windows 7 before installing Open SUSE 11.2. Open SUSE 11.2 automatically created an extra two partitions (one was swap and the other i guess is where SUSE was installed?), i should have gone into expert mode and left my original partitions but i decided to let SUSE do it and i deleted the partitions i...

URL Handling Vulnerability in Windows XP and Windows Server,2003 with Windows Internet Explorer 7 Could Allow Remote Code Execution
Boy, that's a long subject line - but it's the title of Microsoft's KB article: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/943521.mspx -- Microsoft details (a bit) its changes to URL, more correctly URI, handling in IE 7 on WinXP and Windows 2003. The problem is that IE 7 code "tries to fix up" malformed URIs, then passes the fixed-up URI to the ShellExecute procedure (on XP and Win2003). http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archive/2007/10/10/msrc-blog-additional-details-and-background-on-security-advisory-943521.aspx OR http://tinyurl.com/yoadp8 ...

Security Permissions for Printer on Windows XP and Windows 7
Hello, We are a big company with a lot of Iprint Netware servers at every location. We are at the testing phase where we will be creating the new OES Iprint server for every location running on SUSE LINUX. I am almost done with the Iprint configuration at every location. When I install the driver from IPP page of the server, installation goes great for Win 7 64 bit but when I go to Devices and Printers - Properties of the Printer - Security Tab. I see Everyone, Creator Owner, Administrators and Power users user group can Print, Manage Printer, Manager Documents so in short all of ...

setting up a network between Windows XP, Windows 7 opensuse
Hi I need some advise about setting up a wireless network, never had to do this before. My partner has just purchased a fancy laptop, which will have windows7. I have a desktop with two hard drives one with Opensuse 11.2 64 bits, the other with Windows XP. At present my box is connect directly via cable to the netgear DG834Gv2 router, that comes with me ISP.. May questions are; - can i have my box cabled to the router at the same time as using the router to connect the laptop by wireless? - Does Suse have a program for setting up such networks? I have the feeling this could be a ...

FF 3.5 RC and Mac OS X 10.5.7
Name: Fede R Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: FF 3.5 RC and Mac OS X 10.5.7 - Firefox won't reopen any windows after all windows are closed Comments: If one closes all active Firefox windows, Firefox will stay open (as indicated by the white dot under the dock icon), but won't respond to New Window (command-N) or New Tab (command-T) commands. In order to open a new window, one has to manually terminate and relaunch the app. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; it; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozil...

Windows XP To Windows 7 A Risky Path, Microsoft Warns
Businesses that skip Windows Vista and upgrade their computers directly from the XP operating system to Windows 7 could expose themselves to security risks and other problems, Microsoft says in a new white paper. Bypassing Vista could have "implications for security, support, and regulatory compliance and reduce flexibility in the face of changing business requirements," writes Microsoft VP Mike Nash, in the paper. Specifically, Nash says that businesses that wait for Windows 7 -- set for release in late 2009 or early 2010 -- to upgrade from XP could find themselv...

Install Delphi 2010 Ent in Windows XP or Windows 7
What operating system would you recommend installing and using Delphi 2010 Enterprise in? Windows XP or Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit. And why? Thanks Greg Saunders wrote: > What operating system would you recommend installing and using Delphi > 2010 Enterprise in? > > Windows XP or Windows 7 Windows 7. > > 32 bit or 64 bit. 32 bit. > > And why? Windows 7 is a lot supperior and more stable than windows XP, also it recognizes more than 3 GB of RAM. Delphi 2010 supports Windows 7 Libraries, you can take advantage of this in yo...

Web resources about - Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP - grc.news.latestversions

The Windows Blog

LattePanda is a Windows 10 mini PC that costs just $79
... working on computers on a board such as Raspberry Pi and Arduino that run Linux, but now there is a full computer on a board that runs Windows ...

This photo of Jerry Seinfeld knocking on Obama’s window is real, and oh so spectacular
The photo you're looking at above may appear to be something whipped up in Photoshop, but we can assure you that it's 100% legit. In fact, it ...

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella explains why it doesn't matter if only a handful of people have a Windows ...
... only one or two of our devices and some other platforms — so be it." For Nadella, this is an important point: The company can work on Windows ...

What Apple could learn from Windows 10
Microsoft sought reinvent its flagship operating system with Windows 10 by backing away from some of the extreme user interface changes that ...

Microsoft Bypasses Carriers With Windows 10 Phone Updates -
... carriers often adhere to their own schedules when it comes to handset upgrades. Microsoft appears to be resolving this problem and with Windows ...

How Much Is That Picasso In The Window? Tax Court Says Quite A Bit
VideoWhat can take a good bit of the fun out of your Picasso going for more than twice the expected price at Christies? Having it happen while ...

Charity Hospital: New Orleans Mystery Solved – What Was The Light In The Window?
Charity Hospital in New Orleans has become a viral sensation this holiday season. A mysterious light appearing in one windows of the abandoned ...