Windows OneCare Beta is Live!

Welcome to the Windows OneCareT Live Beta! Congratulations! Based on the
nomination form you completed, you have been accepted into the select
Windows OneCare beta testing program. Windows OneCare is an upcoming PC
health service from Microsoft that helps protect and maintain your computer.
We appreciate your participation in our beta program to help make a
difference in the development of this new Microsoft product! Please read the
beta user guidelines below, and then follow the beta participation
instructions to learn how to install Windows OneCare on your home computer.

https://beta.windowsonecare.com/

--
Regard: Joh@nnes �  :-))
"If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle"

0
Johannes
7/21/2005 2:29:38 AM
grc.news.latestversions 8022 articles. 0 followers. Follow

[...snip....]
https://beta.windowsonecare.com/

the web site must be broke
after being asked 2 times if I trusted Microshaft and I clicked cancel,
as I don't, FireFox just had a blank page and *Done* in the status bar

---wap3
My computer so stay the heck out, thank you, and please practice safe hex
0
Trey
7/22/2005 2:06:39 AM
In grc.news.latestversions Trey Pattillo wrote:

> [...snip....]
> https://beta.windowsonecare.com/
>
> the web site must be broke
> after being asked 2 times if I trusted Microshaft and I clicked
> cancel, as I don't, FireFox just had a blank page and *Done* in
> the status bar

LOL <G>  Same with Opera.  Might we guess that IE just accepts the
un-verified Cert. automatically?
0
Mark
7/22/2005 3:05:53 AM
This happened to me on other occasions.  Could it be that ActiveX is
required ?

A.

Mark V <notvalid@nul.invalid> wrote in

> In grc.news.latestversions Trey Pattillo wrote:
>
>> [...snip....]
>> https://beta.windowsonecare.com/
>>
>> the web site must be broke
>> after being asked 2 times if I trusted Microshaft and I clicked
>> cancel, as I don't, FireFox just had a blank page and *Done* in
>> the status bar
>
> LOL <G>  Same with Opera.  Might we guess that IE just accepts the
> un-verified Cert. automatically?

0
Afraid
7/23/2005 9:16:19 AM
It is running fine with my IE-6sp1 with all patches, but I think the culprit
is .NET ???

HTTP_USER_AGENT = Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows FX; .NET CLR
1.1.4322)

--
Regard: Joh@nnes �  :-))
"If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle"

0
Johannes
7/23/2005 3:51:11 PM
In grc.news.latestversions Afraid wrote:

> Mark V <notvalid@nul.invalid> wrote in
>
>> In grc.news.latestversions Trey Pattillo wrote:
>>
>>> [...snip....]
>>> https://beta.windowsonecare.com/
>>>
>>> the web site must be broke
>>> after being asked 2 times if I trusted Microshaft and I
>>> clicked cancel, as I don't, FireFox just had a blank page and
>>> *Done* in the status bar
>>
>> LOL <G>  Same with Opera.  Might we guess that IE just accepts
>> the un-verified Cert. automatically?

> This happened to me on other occasions.  Could it be that
> ActiveX is required ?

I was purely guessing as to IE's handling of "invalid certificate
chain".  Not very fair of me.  :)

MS presents and invalid/unverifiable Cert. (here),
  "- The certificate for "beta.windowsonecare.com" is signed by
  the unknown Certificate Authority "Microsoft Secure Server
  Authority". It is not possible to verify that this is a valid
  certificate"  -Opera msg.-

and I have chosen not to accept/install it.  There have been
sites/Certs where I will "accept" a flagged certificate for a one-
time use without much concern, and quite likely there is no
"concern" to be had in this case.  Still, it seems sloppy and
inattentive to me to run headlong into such at "onecare" at all and
I just bailed out.

0
Mark