Adobe Flash Player 11.0.1.152

A new version of Flash player is now in general release, version
11.0.1.152.  Get it from the usual suspects.

Personal opinions have been minimized for purposes of this post.

--
"Unity is particularly nice for people that don't have
a clue what's going on.  That's why I use it."

On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 07:10:58 -0500, vince <nobody@home.invalid> wrote:

>A new version of Flash player is now in general release, version
>11.0.1.152.  Get it from the usual suspects.
>
>Personal opinions have been minimized for purposes of this post.

As the download at the Adobe site is provided with unwanted "additions",
I prefer the (clean) downloads at FileHippo.
http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/
http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/

Furthermore at the Adobe download site a 64-bit version is advised for
64-bit Windows, which is silly as my 32-bit browsers require a 32-bit
Flash player.
(I use Windows 7 64-bit)
 :-(
--
Fred W. (NL)
0
On 05-Oct-2011 08:22, FredW wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 07:10:58 -0500, vince<nobody@home.invalid>  wrote:
>
>> A new version of Flash player is now in general release, version
>> 11.0.1.152.  Get it from the usual suspects.
>>
>> Personal opinions have been minimized for purposes of this post.
>
> As the download at the Adobe site is provided with unwanted "additions",
> I prefer the (clean) downloads at FileHippo.
> http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/
> http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/
>
> Furthermore at the Adobe download site a 64-bit version is advised for
> 64-bit Windows, which is silly as my 32-bit browsers require a 32-bit
> Flash player.
> (I use Windows 7 64-bit)
>   :-(

The 64bit version installs both 64-bit and 32-bit flash player.
If you're using Win7 64-bit you have IE 64-bit and IE 32-bit on your system.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

--
Pentab
0
wrote:

>As the download at the Adobe site is provided with unwanted "additions",

What are the "unwanted" additions?

I'm a  linuxer, so I grab the tarball, extract one file,
libflashplayer.so, and put it in the mozilla plugins directory.
Haven't seen or paid attention to any unwanted stuff.  What little
goodies and bundles of joy am I missing out on?

--
"Unity is particularly nice for people that don't have
a clue what's going on.  That's why I use it."
                                               Azimuth
0
vince
10/5/2011 2:02:48 PM
On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 08:43:13 -0400, Pentab <pentab@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>On 05-Oct-2011 08:22, FredW wrote:
>> On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 07:10:58 -0500, vince<nobody@home.invalid>  wrote:
>>
>>> A new version of Flash player is now in general release, version
>>> 11.0.1.152.  Get it from the usual suspects.
>>>
>>> Personal opinions have been minimized for purposes of this post.
>>
>> As the download at the Adobe site is provided with unwanted "additions",
>> I prefer the (clean) downloads at FileHippo.
>> http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/
>> http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/
>>
>> Furthermore at the Adobe download site a 64-bit version is advised for
>> 64-bit Windows, which is silly as my 32-bit browsers require a 32-bit
>> Flash player.
>> (I use Windows 7 64-bit)
>>   :-(
>
>The 64bit version installs both 64-bit and 32-bit flash player.
>If you're using Win7 64-bit you have IE 64-bit and IE 32-bit on your system.
>
>http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

ROTFL
"Your system: Windows 32-bit, English, Firefox"
But I have Windows 64-bit.

"Free! McAfee Security Scan Plus"
Thanks, but nothanks.

Hmm, I will consider the 64-bit version.
But I am used to install only the non-IE version.

--
Fred W. (NL)
0
On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 07:10:58 -0500, vince <nobody@home.invalid> wrote:

>A new version of Flash player is now in general release, version
>11.0.1.152.  Get it from the usual suspects.
>
>Personal opinions have been minimized for purposes of this post.

The only thing updated to version 11 is the plugin for Internet Explorer.
Their ftp site has not updated the IE plugin.

KenW
0
Ken1943
10/5/2011 2:22:10 PM
On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 09:02:48 -0500, vince <nobody@home.invalid> wrote:

>On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 14:22:22 +0200, FredW <fredw@blackholespam.net>
>wrote:
>
>>As the download at the Adobe site is provided with unwanted "additions",
>
>What are the "unwanted" additions?
>
>I'm a  linuxer, so I grab the tarball, extract one file,
>libflashplayer.so, and put it in the mozilla plugins directory.
>Haven't seen or paid attention to any unwanted stuff.  What little
>goodies and bundles of joy am I missing out on?

link provided by Pentab:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Free! McAfee Security Scan Plus check the status of your PC security

[V] Yes, install McAfee Security Scan Plus - optional

--
Fred W. (NL)
0
wrote:
>On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 08:43:13 -0400, Pentab <pentab@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>>> As the download at the Adobe site is provided with unwanted "additions",
>>> I prefer the (clean) downloads at FileHippo.
>>> http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/
>>> http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/
>>>
>>> Furthermore at the Adobe download site a 64-bit version is advised for
>>> 64-bit Windows, which is silly as my 32-bit browsers require a 32-bit
>>> Flash player.
>>> (I use Windows 7 64-bit)
>>>   :-(
>>
>>The 64bit version installs both 64-bit and 32-bit flash player.
>>If you're using Win7 64-bit you have IE 64-bit and IE 32-bit on your system.
>>
>>http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

>Hmm, I will consider the 64-bit version.
>But I am used to install only the non-IE version.

So, I uninstalled the 32-bit version and installed the 64-bit version.
(non-ie.)
Next problem, when I try to use the included (flash-11) uninstaller,
I am told to use a 64-bit uninstaller.
(C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil11c_Plugin.exe)

https://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/
The Flash Player uninstaller from this location works.
This is the flash-10 uninstaller, but apparently able to uninstall the
64-bit Flash?
 :-?

--
Fred W. (NL)
0
On 05-Oct-2011 10:54, FredW wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 09:02:48 -0500, vince<nobody@home.invalid>  wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 14:22:22 +0200, FredW<fredw@blackholespam.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> As the download at the Adobe site is provided with unwanted "additions",
>>
>> What are the "unwanted" additions?
>>
>> I'm a  linuxer, so I grab the tarball, extract one file,
>> libflashplayer.so, and put it in the mozilla plugins directory.
>> Haven't seen or paid attention to any unwanted stuff.  What little
>> goodies and bundles of joy am I missing out on?
>

> link provided by Pentab:
> http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
>
> Free! McAfee Security Scan Plus check the status of your PC security
>
> [V] Yes, install McAfee Security Scan Plus - optional

Good grief, all you have to do is uncheck it and it won't install the
McAfee crap.

--
Pentab
1
On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 11:18:06 -0400, Pentab <pentab@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>On 05-Oct-2011 10:54, FredW wrote:
>> On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 09:02:48 -0500, vince<nobody@home.invalid>  wrote:

>>> What are the "unwanted" additions?
>>
>> link provided by Pentab:
>> http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
>>
>> Free! McAfee Security Scan Plus check the status of your PC security
>>
>> [V] Yes, install McAfee Security Scan Plus - optional
>>

>Good grief,

vince asked a question, I gave an answer, that's all.

Yesterday some software tried to install Google Chrome as an "unwanted"
addition.

--
Fred W. (NL)
0
On 05-Oct-2011 12:01, FredW wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 11:18:06 -0400, Pentab<pentab@127.0.0.1>  wrote:

>>> link provided by Pentab:
>>> http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
>>>
>>> Free! McAfee Security Scan Plus check the status of your PC security
>>>
>>> [V] Yes, install McAfee Security Scan Plus - optional

>> Good grief,
>
> vince asked a question, I gave an answer, that's all.
>

> Yesterday some software tried to install Google Chrome as an "unwanted"
> addition.

Yes, I have seen the Chrome option too but I can't remember (Old age?)
what program it was.

As for Flashplayer the install for Firefox gives you the McAfee option
and the IE install gives you the Google bar option.

In other words "Read before you click" because somebody will try to
sneak something in. :-(

--
Pentab
0
On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 12:51:28 -0400, Pentab wrote:

> Yes, I have seen the Chrome option too but I can't remember (Old age?)
> what program it was.

I have observed Adobe installers offering Chrome one time, McAfee next
time (two consecutive downloads). It seems to switch back and forth.

--
(no nym)
0
Pentab wrote:
> Yes, I have seen the Chrome option too but I can't remember (Old age?)
> what program it was.

Avast (free) does it.

--
Brian Kelly
http://kellybk.com

0
Brian
10/5/2011 5:31:07 PM
On 2011/10/05 21:10, vince wrote:
> A new version of Flash player is now in general release, version
> 11.0.1.152.  Get it from the usual suspects.

Any way to get an offline install for both IE and Firefox? I usually go to:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html#main_Advanced

But this currently only gives version 10,3,183. Thanks.

0
Chris
10/6/2011 1:01:55 AM
FredW wrote:

>https://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/
>The Flash Player uninstaller from this location works.
>This is the flash-10 uninstaller, but apparently able to uninstall the
>64-bit Flash?
> :-?

Ah the wonderful world of Adobe crapware.

Since I recently did a complete rebuild of my system anyway, I've decided
that any installation of anything Adobe (unlikely to be anything but Flash)
is going in its own Sandboxie box to make sure it doesn't take a wiz all
over my nice clean Windows.

0
CA
10/6/2011 3:34:40 AM
On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 10:01:55 +0900, Chris (Hunt) wrote:

> On 2011/10/05 21:10, vince wrote:
>> A new version of Flash player is now in general release, version
>> 11.0.1.152.  Get it from the usual suspects.
>

> Any way to get an offline install for both IE and Firefox?

Apparently not. So I am sticking with my existing version, and Adobe can
go to Miami.

--
(no nym)
O frabjous day !
Chris (Hunt) wrote:
> On 2011/10/05 21:10, vince wrote:
>> A new version of Flash player is now in general release, version
>> 11.0.1.152.  Get it from the usual suspects.
>

> Any way to get an offline install for both IE and Firefox? I usually go to:
>
> http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html#main_Advanced
>
> But this currently only gives version 10,3,183. Thanks.

Try here:

http://www.adobe.com/special/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html
0
DaVinci
10/6/2011 6:20:13 PM
When you get the download area where it asks you if you want the Google
toolbar (you may want to unselect this) click that you are using a
differenct operating system and you will get a new page.  Assuming you
are using windows use that for your operating system and then in the
next data entry field list what version you want and then you can
download the executable.
--
<Bill>

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.

Chris (Hunt) wrote:
> On 2011/10/05 21:10, vince wrote:
>> A new version of Flash player is now in general release, version
>> 11.0.1.152.  Get it from the usual suspects.
>

> Any way to get an offline install for both IE and Firefox? I usually
> go to:
> http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html#main_Advanced
>
> But this currently only gives version 10,3,183. Thanks.

0
Bill
10/6/2011 6:58:20 PM
I just noticed all you get is the installer so this does not work.

<Bill>

Bill Bradshaw wrote:
> When you get the download area where it asks you if you want the
> Google toolbar (you may want to unselect this) click that you are
> using a differenct operating system and you will get a new page.
> Assuming you are using windows use that for your operating system and
> then in the next data entry field list what version you want and then
> you can download the executable.
>
> Chris (Hunt) wrote:
>> On 2011/10/05 21:10, vince wrote:
>>> A new version of Flash player is now in general release, version
>>> 11.0.1.152.  Get it from the usual suspects.
>>

>> Any way to get an offline install for both IE and Firefox? I usually
>> go to:
>> http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html#main_Advanced
>>
>> But this currently only gives version 10,3,183. Thanks.

0
Bill
10/6/2011 7:24:10 PM
On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 11:20:13 -0700, DaVinci wrote:

> Chris (Hunt) wrote:
>> On 2011/10/05 21:10, vince wrote:
>>> A new version of Flash player is now in general release, version
>>> 11.0.1.152.  Get it from the usual suspects.

>> Any way to get an offline install for both IE and Firefox? I usually go to:

>> http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html#main_Advanced

>> But this currently only gives version 10,3,183. Thanks.

> Try here:

> http://www.adobe.com/special/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html

Now that seems to work.

Can anyone suggest why Adobe have so very many web locations for
downloading their products, and why they are so hard to find ?

It strikes me as perverse. Why build and maintain it, then seemingly
hide it ?

--
(no nym)
0
On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 11:24:10 -0800, Bill Bradshaw wrote:

> I just noticed all you get is the installer so this does not work.

And the stub installer seems to disappear when I click on it, then
nothing happens. I had the same problem recently with Adobe Reader, and
fortunately was pointed in the right direction by Guy. Without grc
contributors, I would be stuck.

--
(no nym)
0
On 10/6/2011 3:53 PM, no nym wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 11:24:10 -0800, Bill Bradshaw wrote:
>
>> I just noticed all you get is the installer so this does not work.
>
> And the stub installer seems to disappear when I click on it, then
> nothing happens. I had the same problem recently with Adobe Reader, and
> fortunately was pointed in the right direction by Guy. Without grc
> contributors, I would be stuck.

or you would be free of Adobe...  :)
0
Kerry
10/6/2011 8:00:07 PM
On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 07:10:58 -0500, vince wrote:

> A new version of Flash player is now in general release, version
> 11.0.1.152.  Get it from the usual suspects.
>
> Personal opinions have been minimized for purposes of this post.

Having installed both the ActiveX and the plugin versions of Flash
11.0.1.152, using the offline install exes, I see warnings for both
versions about problems when Real Player is present. Does everyone see
those warnings, or are they only offered where they are relevant ?
I don't think there is any trace of Real Player on any of our PCs, so I
am puzzled by this warning.

--
(no nym)
0
On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 16:00:07 -0400, Kerry Liles wrote:

> On 10/6/2011 3:53 PM, no nym wrote:
>> On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 11:24:10 -0800, Bill Bradshaw wrote:

>>> I just noticed all you get is the installer so this does not work.

>> And the stub installer seems to disappear when I click on it, then
>> nothing happens. I had the same problem recently with Adobe Reader, and
>> fortunately was pointed in the right direction by Guy. Without grc
>> contributors, I would be stuck.

> or you would be free of Adobe...  :)

And not be able to file our clients' tax returns online, or see half the
internet :(

--
(no nym)
0
On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 21:04:27 +0100, no nym <temp@example.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 07:10:58 -0500, vince wrote:
>
>> A new version of Flash player is now in general release, version
>> 11.0.1.152.  Get it from the usual suspects.
>>
>> Personal opinions have been minimized for purposes of this post.
>
>Having installed both the ActiveX and the plugin versions of Flash
>11.0.1.152, using the offline install exes, I see warnings for both
>versions about problems when Real Player is present. Does everyone see
>those warnings, or are they only offered where they are relevant ?
>I don't think there is any trace of Real Player on any of our PCs, so I
>am puzzled by this warning.

The ftp's I have from a few months ago don't have the new versions.

Please post the links in use now.

Thanks

KenW
0
Ken1943
10/6/2011 9:35:04 PM
On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 15:35:04 -0600, Ken1943 wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 21:04:27 +0100, no nym <temp@example.net> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 07:10:58 -0500, vince wrote:
>>
>>> A new version of Flash player is now in general release, version
>>> 11.0.1.152.  Get it from the usual suspects.
>>>
>>> Personal opinions have been minimized for purposes of this post.
>>
>>Having installed both the ActiveX and the plugin versions of Flash
>>11.0.1.152, using the offline install exes, I see warnings for both
>>versions about problems when Real Player is present. Does everyone see
>>those warnings, or are they only offered where they are relevant ?
>>I don't think there is any trace of Real Player on any of our PCs, so I
>>am puzzled by this warning.
>
> The ftp's I have from a few months ago don't have the new versions.
>
> Please post the links in use now.
>
> Thanks
>

> KenW

Sorry, not FTP

<http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.exe>
<http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin_32bit.exe>

--

                                          John Gray

If you don't have a reason, at least have an excuse.
0
John
10/6/2011 10:06:14 PM
Thank You

KenW
0
Ken1943
10/6/2011 10:32:00 PM
On 2011/10/07 03:20, DaVinci wrote:
> Try here:
>
> http://www.adobe.com/special/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html

Thanks, do you know where to get the stand alone player?

Cheers,

Chris
0
Chris
10/6/2011 11:41:18 PM
no nym wrote:

>And not be able to file our clients' tax returns online, or see half the
>internet :(

The tax returns are clearly important, but the only time I even vaguely miss
flash is on Youtube and then I just download the mp4 and watch it in VLC
anyway.  Even that goes away with HTML5.

Adobe is Dead Man Walking.

0
CA
10/7/2011 4:53:27 AM
On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 18:06:14 -0400, John Gray wrote:

> On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 15:35:04 -0600, Ken1943 wrote:

>> The ftp's I have from a few months ago don't have the new versions.

>> Please post the links in use now.

>> Thanks

>> KenW

> Sorry, not FTP

> <http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.exe>
> <http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin_32bit.exe>

....and now all I need is the uninstaller link ?

--
(no nym)
0
On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 22:53:27 -0600, CA was in NJ wrote:

> no nym wrote:

>>And not be able to file our clients' tax returns online, or see half the
>>internet :(

> The tax returns are clearly important, but the only time I even vaguely miss
> flash is on Youtube and then I just download the mp4 and watch it in VLC
> anyway.  Even that goes away with HTML5.

I am seeing more and more websites being 'improved' by the unnecessary
use of Flash content. Drives me mad, but the trend seems unstoppable.

> Adobe is Dead Man Walking.

A long walk, alas.

--
(no nym)
0
On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 09:33:11 +0100, no nym wrote:

> ...and now all I need is the uninstaller link ?
>
> --
> (no nym)

This is the link to the previous uninstaller.  Some say that it will work,
but I haven't tried.

<http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe>

--

                                          John Gray

If you don't have a reason, at least have an excuse.
0
John
10/7/2011 11:43:11 AM
On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 21:04:27 +0100, no nym wrote:

> On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 07:10:58 -0500, vince wrote:
>
>> A new version of Flash player is now in general release, version
>> 11.0.1.152.  Get it from the usual suspects.
>>
>> Personal opinions have been minimized for purposes of this post.
>
> Having installed both the ActiveX and the plugin versions of Flash
> 11.0.1.152, using the offline install exes, I see warnings for both
> versions about problems when Real Player is present. Does everyone see
> those warnings, or are they only offered where they are relevant ?
> I don't think there is any trace of Real Player on any of our PCs, so I
> am puzzled by this warning.

From the Adobe webpage

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/402/kb402903.html

QUOTE

Issue

Adobe Flash Player crashes when exiting a page that has SWF file content
and the RealPlayer "browser download button" feature is enabled.
Solution

Remove RealPlayer or disable the RealPlayer browser download button in
your browser's add-on preferences. To disable the download button:

Internet Explorer

   1. Choose Tools > Manage Add-ons.
   2. Choose Enable or Disable Add-ons.
   3. In the Add-ons window, select "Real Player Download and Record
Plugin for Internet Explorer"
   4. Click Disable in the settings area at the bottom of the window.
   5. Close and reopen the browser.

Firefox

   1. Choose Tools > Add-ons.
   2. In the Add-ons window, select "Real Player Browser Record Plugin."
   3. Select either Disable or Uninstall.
   4. Close and reopen the browser for the change to take effect.

UNQUOTE

So it's a warning offered to everyone, but not affecting everyone.

--
(no nym)
0
On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 07:43:11 -0400, John Gray wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 09:33:11 +0100, no nym wrote:
>
>> ...and now all I need is the uninstaller link ?
>>
>> --
>> (no nym)
>
> This is the link to the previous uninstaller.  Some say that it will work,
> but I haven't tried.
>
> <http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe>

The previous one worked for me, but of course that was uninstalling
Flash 10. And I have just tested it, and it worked for the new Flash 11
versions too.

--
(no nym)
0

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player_32bit.exe
and
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player_64bit.exe

Adobe's flash uninstaller page:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html?promoid=DTEGO

0
default
10/8/2011 4:25:49 AM
no nym wrote:

>I am seeing more and more websites being 'improved' by the unnecessary
>use of Flash content. Drives me mad, but the trend seems unstoppable.

Maybe we have different definitions of "unnecessary" but not seeing
something that's unnecessary to me isn't a problem.  I don't need to see an
animated orange orangutan jumping around the screen spelling out "WELCOME TO
CRAPPYWEBDESIGNER.COM!!!!!"  Just show me the bleep bleeping content and
that will speak for itself, good or bad.  Unfortunately yes, people are
morons.  And that's both on the web author side and more so on the consumer
side.

0
CA
10/8/2011 9:13:24 AM
On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 21:25:49 -0700, default wrote:

> The current flash uninstaller is here:
>
> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player_32bit.exe
> and
> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player_64bit.exe
>
> Adobe's flash uninstaller page:
> http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html?promoid=DTEGO

Thank you.

--

                                          John Gray

If you don't have a reason, at least have an excuse.
0
John
10/8/2011 2:34:44 PM
"John Gray"  wrote in message news:j6pn25$111r$1@news.grc.com...

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 21:25:49 -0700, default wrote:

> The current flash uninstaller is here:
>
> =
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_pl=
ayer_32bit.exe
> and
> =
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_pl=
ayer_64bit.exe

> Adobe's flash uninstaller page:
> http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html?promoid=3DDTEGO

Thank you.

--=20

                                          John Gray

If you don't have a reason, at least have an excuse.
--

+1 :)
Neil =A6=ACD

Neil
10/8/2011 9:06:51 PM
On 2011/10/05 21:10, vince wrote:
> A new version of Flash player is now in general release, version
> 11.0.1.152.  Get it from the usual suspects.
>
> Personal opinions have been minimized for purposes of this post.

Is it necessary to uninstall version 10 before installing version 11.
I've always installed updated versions of 10 ontop of each other. The
only time I ever had a problem was when I used Adobe's unibstaller so in
my experience it is to be avoided.
0
Chris
10/12/2011 1:43:31 AM
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:43:31 +0900, Chris (Hunt) wrote:

> On 2011/10/05 21:10, vince wrote:
>> A new version of Flash player is now in general release, version
>> 11.0.1.152.  Get it from the usual suspects.

>> Personal opinions have been minimized for purposes of this post.

> Is it necessary to uninstall version 10 before installing version 11.
> I've always installed updated versions of 10 ontop of each other. The
> only time I ever had a problem was when I used Adobe's unibstaller so in
> my experience it is to be avoided.

It is always absolutely essential to uninstall earlier versions. Never
ever think of installing a newer version of Flash without uninstalling
the older version.

Adobe advise/instruct that older versions be uninstalled first, and
while I quite understand why most sensible folk would do exactly the
opposite of anything Adobe might suggest, I learned that that would be
unwise a few years ago, when an online security scan (Secunia IIRC)
flagged up all sorts of ancient and vulnerable versions of Flash left
behind (and potentially exploitable) by my habit of installing newer
versions withour uninstalling earlier versions first.

Since then I have always run the latest uninstaller before installing
any newer Flash variant, and I did the same with version 11. Flash is
enough of a risk at best, without leaving obsolete versions around for
malware to seize on.

That's just my opinion, of course.

--
(no nym)
0

Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.55 | Adobe Air 3.1.0.4880
Adobe PSIRT > <http://blogs.adobe.com/psirt/2011/11/security-update-available-for-adobe= -flash-player-apsb11-28.html> Adobe SB >=20 <http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb11-28.html> Use the download links to fetch the poison of your choice.=20 As always - avoid third party offerings like the plague.=20 Regards,=20 --=20 Randy <http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/randyknobloch> Release notes for users: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/923/cpsid_92359.html Release notes for developers...

openSUSE 11.0 Adobe Flash Player in Mozilla Prism 0.9
Does anyone know a way of getting Adobe Flash Player to work within a standalone installation of Mozilla Prism 0.9. I tried following copying libflashplayer.so as per the following URL with no joy. '� How to install Flash player in Mozilla Prism, in Ubuntu Gutsy (Linux)�&#8212;�Computer Technology Blog' (http://tinyurl.com/5hm8pt) -- toketoke ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Resolved this If you create a /opt/prism/plugins folder and copy libflashplayer.so into there and not into /opt/prism/xulrunner/plugins as ...

Upgrade of 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 AND 11.0 EBF's
X86 Update of 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 was released 03 Mar 2009 Update of 11.0.0 to build 1598 was released 23 Apr 2009 Should 11.0.0 to build 1598 be applied to 11.0.1 ? ChuckGo No. EBFs should only be applied against the MR that it is intended. The 1598 EBF is intended for 11.0.0. And EBF for 11.0.1 is pending. - chris Charles.Gogolin@stanleyassociates.com wrote: > X86 > > Update of 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 was released 03 Mar 2009 > > Update of 11.0.0 to build 1598 was released 23 Apr 2009 > > Should 11.0.0 to build 1598 be applied to 11.0.1 ? ...

Adobe Flash Player on Fx 14.0.1
Successfully upgraded from 3.6.28 to 14.0.1 about a week ago. Had problems with old flash player, which was installed about this time in 2011, on Fx14. Downloaded latest version of it from Adobe website a few days ago. Uninstalled old flash player and now attempting to install new one which is x.x.x.268 IIRC. Getting consistent installation error that indicates it can't find action list. Any idea what this about? Thanks. On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 05:14:32 +1000, Iain wrote: > Uninstalled old flash player and now attempting to install new one which > is x.x.x.268 IIR...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11
Name: Greul, Albert Email: albertdotgreulatgooglemaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 Comments: Hallo zusammen, habe soeben das Neue update installiert. Seit diesem Zeitpunkt funktioniert die Druckerkommunikation zwischen Laptop und Drucker über mein W-Lan nicht mehr!! Vorher funktionierte alles tadellos. Bitte um Beseitigung des Problems. Es grüßt Sie(noch)freundlich Albert Greul Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.11) Gec...

Adobe Flash Player in OpenSuse 11.1 with AMD x64 not working
Hi everybody! I just installed OpenSuse 11.1 on my AMD Athlon 64 box and I'm verifying that all applications run well. I am having problems with the Flash Player, which does not seem to work at all. Each time I load a page that contains flash stuff the browser tells me to download the plugin, but I'm quite sure that it is already installed... ---------------------------------- me@home:~> zypper search flash Loading repository data... Reading installed packages... S | Name | Summary | Type --+---------------------------------+-...

Firefox 3.0 Beta 1
Name: Tony Email: ak_157atntlworlddotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0 Beta 1 - froze when using with Flash Player 9.0.47.0 Comments: I was asked to load Flash Player which turned out to be 9.0.47.0 When using the following :- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/3914143.stm After a certain no. of moves Firefox stopped responding. This happened in Admin mode and then in Limited mode. Machine is a bit long in the tooth XP machine 256Mb which I use for trials like this Beta version of Firefox. cheers Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windo...

Smoke [5.11.0] v5.11.0-219-g26c80ad FAIL(F) netbsd 5.0.1 (i386/1 cpu)
Automated smoke report for 5.11.0 patch 26c80adcc7731c0e4f1238e98e85fa2803538817 v5.11.0-219-g26c80ad p5netbsd: Intel 686-class (i386/1 cpu) on netbsd - 5.0.1 using cc version 4.1.3 20080704 prerelease (NetBSD nb2 20081120) smoketime 6 hours 30 minutes (average 48 minutes 49 seconds) Summary: FAIL(F) O = OK F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X = Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? = still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - = unknown or N/A c = Configure, m = make, M = make (after miniperl), t = m...

Smoke [5.11.0] v5.11.0-177-g63d690b FAIL(F) netbsd 5.0.1 (i386/1 cpu)
Automated smoke report for 5.11.0 patch 63d690b1f5b7e4a4f5cefe645e21a96651cbe9c2 v5.11.0-177-g63d690b p5netbsd: Intel 686-class (i386/1 cpu) on netbsd - 5.0.1 using cc version 4.1.3 20080704 prerelease (NetBSD nb2 20081120) smoketime 6 hours 35 minutes (average 49 minutes 29 seconds) Summary: FAIL(F) O = OK F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X = Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? = still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - = unknown or N/A c = Configure, m = make, M = make (after miniperl), t = m...

Smoke [5.11.0] v5.11.0-17-g28e464f FAIL(XF) netbsd 5.0.1 (i386/1 cpu)
Automated smoke report for 5.11.0 patch 28e464fba839d02f376952199261fc8b7d58a0d8 v5.11.0-17-g28e464f p5netbsd: Intel 686-class (i386/1 cpu) on netbsd - 5.0.1 using cc version 4.1.3 20080704 prerelease (NetBSD nb2 20081120) smoketime 7 hours 52 minutes (average 59 minutes 3 seconds) Summary: FAIL(XF) O = OK F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X = Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? = still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - = unknown or N/A c = Configure, m = make, M = make (after miniperl), t = ma...

Smoke [5.11.0] v5.11.0-106-g09a3ed3 FAIL(F) netbsd 5.0.1 (i386/1 cpu)
Automated smoke report for 5.11.0 patch 09a3ed31a73051acd8ed0511ea0d927d9660fd22 v5.11.0-106-g09a3ed3 p5netbsd: Intel 686-class (i386/1 cpu) on netbsd - 5.0.1 using cc version 4.1.3 20080704 prerelease (NetBSD nb2 20081120) smoketime 8 hours 30 minutes (average 1 hour 3 minutes) Summary: FAIL(F) O = OK F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X = Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? = still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - = unknown or N/A c = Configure, m = make, M = make (after miniperl), t = make t...

Smoke [5.11.0] v5.11.0-187-g8dbe7cf FAIL(F) netbsd 5.0.1 (i386/1 cpu)
Automated smoke report for 5.11.0 patch 8dbe7cf704038839ade17963855cf8bfad0c30a3 v5.11.0-187-g8dbe7cf p5netbsd: Intel 686-class (i386/1 cpu) on netbsd - 5.0.1 using cc version 4.1.3 20080704 prerelease (NetBSD nb2 20081120) smoketime 6 hours 35 minutes (average 49 minutes 23 seconds) Summary: FAIL(F) O = OK F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X = Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? = still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - = unknown or N/A c = Configure, m = make, M = make (after miniperl), t = m...

Smoke [5.11.0] v5.11.0-103-g1cce990 FAIL(F) netbsd 5.0.1 (i386/1 cpu)
Automated smoke report for 5.11.0 patch 1cce9906401b8a2db10f2d0061757627ad69f138 v5.11.0-103-g1cce990 p5netbsd: Intel 686-class (i386/1 cpu) on netbsd - 5.0.1 using cc version 4.1.3 20080704 prerelease (NetBSD nb2 20081120) smoketime 8 hours 21 minutes (average 1 hour 2 minutes) Summary: FAIL(F) O = OK F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X = Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? = still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - = unknown or N/A c = Configure, m = make, M = make (after miniperl), t = make t...

Smoke [5.11.0] v5.11.0-169-g50e225a FAIL(F) netbsd 5.0.1 (i386/1 cpu)
Automated smoke report for 5.11.0 patch 50e225a377de7c314b13cbaf39b6b423215d84a7 v5.11.0-169-g50e225a p5netbsd: Intel 686-class (i386/1 cpu) on netbsd - 5.0.1 using cc version 4.1.3 20080704 prerelease (NetBSD nb2 20081120) smoketime 6 hours 31 minutes (average 48 minutes 59 seconds) Summary: FAIL(F) O = OK F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X = Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? = still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - = unknown or N/A c = Configure, m = make, M = make (after miniperl), t = m...

Web resources about - Adobe Flash Player 11.0.1.152 - grc.news.latestversions

bit-player
Less than two years ago, I was reading and writing about a new kind of passive circuit element—the memristor, a companion to the resistor, the ...

Adobe Shockwave Player - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
11.6.5.635 / May 8, 2012 ; 13 days ago ( 2012-05-08 ) Shockwave movies are authored in the Adobe Director environment. While there is support ...

Some NRL players turn out to be education proof, despite the code's best-practice training
You don't deserve a career in an elite sport if you think harassing women is acceptable.

Casual racism in Mitchell Pearce video 'hurtful to Indigenous players'
Former NRL star Anthony Mundine has hit out at the casual racism used by Mitchell Pearce and others in video footage that has cast doubts on ...

Google’s AI beats Go champion, will now take on best player in the world
... Go champion Fan Hui and won all five games. In March, AlphaGo has a throw-down scheduled with Lee Sedol , who has been the top Go player in ...

NHL Players Drop Their Gloves For Massive Fight As Soon As Puck Hits Ice
NHL Players Drop Their Gloves For Massive Fight As Soon As Puck Hits Ice

Chinese League Player Fouls Jason Maxiell, Runs Length Of Court To Escape His Wrath
After 10 years in the NBA with Detroit, Orlando, and Charlotte, Jason Maxiell is plying his trade for the CBA’s Tianjin Gold Lions. In yesterday’s ...

Manager Of Mexican National Team Tells Players To Stay Away From MLS
... Klinsmann has gotten shit over the years for failing to cheerlead for MLS. He has called for the league to get better, and for his players ...

The Witness has no need for impatient players, and that's awesome
I've been playing The Witness for the past day or so. Although I don't like it as much as Brett I think it's pretty damn great, and if you even ...

'The Witness' causes motion sickness in some players
Some first-person games including Skyrim, Fallout 4 and The Talos Principle trigger motion sickness and nausea in certain players, and The Witness ...