Adobe Flash Player 10.1.82.76

Maybe a good idea to update, maybe not.  Who really knows with Adobe
these days..

Firefox:
http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe

IE:
http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

Uninstaller:
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe
0
JuicyJ
8/10/2010 10:38:28 PM
grc.news.latestversions 8022 articles. 0 followers. Follow

<http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb10-16.html>

--

                                          John Gray

If you don't have a reason, at least have an excuse.
0
John
8/11/2010 12:30:06 AM
On 8/10/2010 8:30 PM, John Gray wrote:
> <http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb10-16.html>

Thanks for that.  If only it specified how many new holes were
introduced by fixing the other ones :-P

JJ
0
JuicyJ
8/11/2010 1:11:18 AM
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 18:38:28 -0400, JuicyJ <juicyj@nospam.com> wrote:

>Maybe a good idea to update, maybe not.  Who really knows with Adobe
>these days..
>
>Firefox:
>http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe
>
>IE:
>http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe
>
>Uninstaller:
>http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe

A bitch to install.
0
FatHead
8/11/2010 12:02:10 PM
John Gray wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 18:38:28 -0400, JuicyJ wrote:
>
>> Maybe a good idea to update, maybe not.  Who really knows with Adobe
>> these days..
>>
>> Firefox:
>> http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe
>>
>> IE:
>> http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe
>>
>> Uninstaller:
>> http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe
>
> <http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb10-16.html>

Thanks to you both for posting the essential links.

--FM /)`
0
FM
8/11/2010 12:34:36 PM
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 07:02:10 -0500, FatHead <FatHead@FatHead.inv> wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 18:38:28 -0400, JuicyJ <juicyj@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>Maybe a good idea to update, maybe not.  Who really knows with Adobe
>>these days..
>
>A bitch to install.

- Flash Player 10.1.82.76 (IE)
http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/
- Flash Player 10.1.82.76 (Non-IE)
http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/

No problems here.

--
Fred W. (NL)
0
On 11/08/2010 8:38 AM, FredW wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 07:02:10 -0500, FatHead<FatHead@FatHead.inv>  wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 18:38:28 -0400, JuicyJ<juicyj@nospam.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe a good idea to update, maybe not.  Who really knows with Adobe
>>> these days..
>>
>> A bitch to install.
>
> - Flash Player 10.1.82.76 (IE)
> http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/
> - Flash Player 10.1.82.76 (Non-IE)
> http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/
>
> No problems here.

--------------------
Same here. However, I see from
about:plugins of my Google Chrome, it
still using v10,1,53,64. Anyway of
updating Flash Player to v10,1,82,76 in
GC, or do I wait for its auto-thing to
kick-in?
0
LeonGee
8/11/2010 3:23:02 PM
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 11:23:02 -0400, LeonGee wrote:

> On 11/08/2010 8:38 AM, FredW wrote:

>>> A bitch to install.
>>
>> - Flash Player 10.1.82.76 (IE)
>> http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/
>> - Flash Player 10.1.82.76 (Non-IE)
>> http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/
>>
>> No problems here.
>>
> --------------------
> Same here. However, I see from
> about:plugins of my Google Chrome, it
> still using v10,1,53,64. Anyway of
> updating Flash Player to v10,1,82,76 in
> GC, or do I wait for its auto-thing to
> kick-in?

Download and install the one for Firefox.  I don't think Google Chrome will
use the IE ActiveX install.

--

                                          John Gray

If you don't have a reason, at least have an excuse.
0
John
8/11/2010 9:04:31 PM
In article <i3v36q$9hp$1@news.grc.com> John Gray wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 11:23:02 -0400, LeonGee wrote:
>>
>> ... I see from
>> about:plugins of my Google Chrome, it
>> still using v10,1,53,64. Anyway of
>> updating Flash Player to v10,1,82,76 in
>> GC, or do I wait for its auto-thing to
>> kick-in?
>
> Download and install the one for Firefox.  I don't think Google Chrome will
> use the IE ActiveX install.

Correct.  According to Adobe Firefox, Chrome, and Safari all
use the same plug-in.

--
Alan
       The Perpetual Puzzle of Nature
On 11/08/2010 6:24 PM, hermital wrote:
> In article <i3v36q$9hp$1@news.grc.com>
> John Gray wrote:
>> On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 11:23:02 -0400,
>> LeonGee wrote:
>>>
>>> ... I see from about:plugins of my
>>> Google Chrome, it still using
>>> v10,1,53,64. Anyway of updating Flash
>>> Player to v10,1,82,76 in GC, or do I
>>> wait for its auto-thing to kick-in?
>>
>> Download and install the one for
>> Firefox. I don't think Google Chrome will
>> use the IE ActiveX install.
>>
> Correct. According to Adobe Firefox,
> Chrome, and Safari all use the same plug-in.

-------
Thanks, that's what I thought. However,
after successfully updating Flash in FF
and in IE8, I checked Google Chrome's
About:plugins and saw it was still using
v10.1.53.64. Via CG, I went to
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and this
message appeared -- "To learn more about
the enhanced support for Flash Player in
Chrome, see this TechNote."

After clicking on TechNote, it took me to
--
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/839/cpsid_83950.html,
which stated -- "Starting with Google

A number of topics were listed, the first
one entitled -- "How do I install the
latest version of Flash Player in Google
Chrome?" Its instruction are: -- "Chrome
users don't have to download new versions
of Flash Player. Chrome automatically
updates when new versions of Flash Player
are available, to protect users with the
latest security updates."

Well, the latest updates are available and
it appears GC is not aware of it to apply
its auto-update.
0
LeonGee
8/11/2010 11:57:39 PM
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 19:57:39 -0400, LeonGee wrote:

> On 11/08/2010 6:24 PM, hermital wrote:
>> In article <i3v36q$9hp$1@news.grc.com>
>> John Gray wrote:

>>> Download and install the one for
>>> Firefox. I don't think Google Chrome will
>>> use the IE ActiveX install.
>>>
>> Correct. According to Adobe Firefox,
>> Chrome, and Safari all use the same plug-in.
>>

> -------
> Thanks, that's what I thought. However,
> after successfully updating Flash in FF
> and in IE8, I checked Google Chrome's
> About:plugins and saw it was still using
> v10.1.53.64. Via CG, I went to
> http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and this
> message appeared -- "To learn more about
> the enhanced support for Flash Player in
> Chrome, see this TechNote."
>
> After clicking on TechNote, it took me to

Read a little further down on the page you are quoting.  It tells you how
to use alternative versions.

I am a developer, designer, or advanced user that creates or tests
Flash-based content. How can I run debugger or alternate versions of Flash
Player in Google Chrome?

Developers using Google Chrome can download and install a separate debugger
or pre-release version of Flash Player as a system plug-in. Advanced users
wishing to install a new version of Flash Player before they receive an
automatic update through Chrome may also install and use a separate system
plug-in.

However, Adobe recommends that non-developer Chrome users utilize the Flash
Player integrated with their browser. Using manually installed versions of
Flash Player, by following the steps below, means that users will no longer
benefit from the automatic Flash Player updates provided by Chrome.

To install and use an alternate version of Flash Player:

   1. Download and install the appropriate system plug-in. This might be a
debugger, pre-release, or release version of Flash Player. (Archived
release versions of the system plug-in are found here.)
   2. Type �about:plugins� (without quotation marks) into the address bar
at the top of a Chrome browser window.
   3. Click �Details� at the top right corner of the page.
   4. Find the �Flash� listing for the integrated plug-in on the page and
click the corresponding �Disable� button. To identify the integrated
plug-in, see the table of plug-in file names above.
   5. Find the �Flash� listing for the system plug-in on the page and click
the corresponding �Enable� button. To identify the system plug-in, see the
table of plug-in file names above.
   6. Close all Chrome windows and restart the browser.

--

                                          John Gray

If you don't have a reason, at least have an excuse.
0
John
8/12/2010 12:35:15 PM
Flash is already updated in my Chrome browser.  Google is good about
keeping Chrome updated.
0
John
8/12/2010 2:15:49 PM
"JuicyJ" <juicyj@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Maybe a good idea to update, maybe not.  Who really knows with Adobe these
> days..
(snip links)

Indeed. Just been looking at the EULA for Adobe Flashplayer 10.1.  One
clause which caught my eye (7.7 - which doesn't appear in the EULA  for
Flashplayer 10) is a single long paragraph.  I have isolated one sentence -
shown between the *** - which is of particular interest:

*** If your Computer is connected to the Internet, the Software may, without
additional notice, update downloadable materials from these Adobe Online
Services so as to provide immediate availability of these Adobe Online
Services even when you are offline.***

So hard luck for those who turn off all automatic updates. Seems it's not
only FF which could be a threat (see "Mozilla plans to silently update
Firefox" in this NG).

--

Jeff

0
Jeff
8/12/2010 6:43:04 PM
Jeff Layman wrote:
> So hard luck for those who turn off all automatic updates.

Maybe use OS file permissions to prevent it updating?
0
gdb
8/12/2010 7:11:37 PM
Jeff Layman wrote:
> "JuicyJ" <juicyj@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Maybe a good idea to update, maybe not.  Who really knows with Adobe
>> these days..
> (snip links)
>
> Indeed. Just been looking at the EULA for Adobe Flashplayer 10.1.  One
> clause which caught my eye (7.7 - which doesn't appear in the EULA  for
> Flashplayer 10) is a single long paragraph.  I have isolated one
> sentence - shown between the *** - which is of particular interest:
>
> *** If your Computer is connected to the Internet, the Software may,
> without additional notice, update downloadable materials from these
> Adobe Online Services so as to provide immediate availability of these
> Adobe Online Services even when you are offline.***
>
> So hard luck for those who turn off all automatic updates. Seems it's
> not only FF which could be a threat (see "Mozilla plans to silently
> update Firefox" in this NG).

Silent updates are a good thing for the vast majority of people.  Easy
user interface to turn off auto updates, for those who want to do so, is
a good thing.  Firefox intends to do the right thing in these regards.
I believe your indictment against Firefox to be extremely misplaced.

Adobe?  We'll have to wait and see.  They *did* include user setting of
the auto-update in Reader.

If Adobe does it "wrong" for Flash, I'm sure us geeks who care, will
figure out a way to protect ourselves from whatever they might do "wrong".

--FM /)`
0
FM
8/12/2010 7:24:44 PM
<SNIP>

> To install and use an alternate version of Flash Player:
>
>     1. Download and install the appropriate system plug-in. This might be a
> debugger, pre-release, or release version of Flash Player. (Archived
> release versions of the system plug-in are found here.)
>     2. Type �about:plugins� (without quotation marks) into the address bar
> at the top of a Chrome browser window.
>     3. Click �Details� at the top right corner of the page.
>     4. Find the �Flash� listing for the integrated plug-in on the page and
> click the corresponding �Disable� button. To identify the integrated
> plug-in, see the table of plug-in file names above.
>     5. Find the �Flash� listing for the system plug-in on the page and click
> the corresponding �Enable� button. To identify the system plug-in, see the
> table of plug-in file names above.
>     6. Close all Chrome windows and restart the browser.

Thanks. Up to five minutes ago, checking
Google Chrome > About, there were no
updates available -- Flash player was
still v10.1.53.64. However, after printing
your email to follow the instructions, I
checked again, and there was an update,
which changed GC to v10.1.82.76.
Thanks also to John Colderwood.

0
LeonGee

Firefox 3.04 and Firefox 3.1 Beta 1
Name: Thomas Domin Email: domindottomatgooglemaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.04 and Firefox 3.1 Beta 1 - ignore Adobe flash player 10 Comments: Flash Player 10 from Adobe/Macromedia was installed many times befor: Now is reading: You need to upgrade your Flash Player. Ekornes Stressless Catalouge if you're absolutely positive you have Flash 8 oe requires Macromedia Flash, version 8 or greater. Please click here to download. Or, if you're absolutely positive you have Flash 8 or greater, click here to force the site to load. From URL: http://hendrix....

Adobe Flash Player 10.2.159.1
Adobe Flash Player 10.2.159.1 http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ Direct Links: Mozilla: http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe Internet Explorer: http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe Uninstaller download: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 13:10:05 -0400, "Martin P." <void@void.invalid> wrote: >Direct Links: > >Mozilla: - Linux tarball - http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/...

Adobe Flash Player 10.2.153.1
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ or http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ ...

Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.55 | Adobe Air 3.1.0.4880
Adobe PSIRT > <http://blogs.adobe.com/psirt/2011/11/security-update-available-for-adobe= -flash-player-apsb11-28.html> Adobe SB >=20 <http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb11-28.html> Use the download links to fetch the poison of your choice.=20 As always - avoid third party offerings like the plague.=20 Regards,=20 --=20 Randy <http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/randyknobloch> Release notes for users: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/923/cpsid_92359.html Release notes for developers...

Problems with Flash Player 10 and Photoshop CS3 flash web gallery (FF3, FF3.1 Beta 1)
Name: Ragnvald Irgens Product: Firefox Summary: Problems with Flash Player 10 and Photoshop CS3 flash web gallery (FF3, FF3.1 Beta 1) Comments: Flash-based web galleries made with Photoshop CS3 do not work properly. You get the following message: "Please upgrade your Flash Player." "Already have Flash Player? Click here if you have Flash Player 6 installed." You get this message even if you have installed the latest flash player plugin from Adobe (v. 10.0.12.36). Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; nb-NO; rv:1.9.1b1) Gecko/2008...

Adobe Flash Player 10.1.85.3 keeps uninstalling after instal
Adobe Flash Player 10.1.85.3 (Internet Explorer) for Windows (FullUpgrade) (All Languages)787311649 Patch has been discovered by Patch management, deploying this patch causes an install and uninstall. has anyone else dealt with this issue? -- fishoil ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Fishoil, I hate the Adobe updates, even when applying the update from the Adobe system tray icon, I've found that my anti-virus stops the download manager from working - you might want to try an experiment to see if that help... -- Sh...

Adobe APSB10-14 Flash Player 10.1.53.64 (Other Browsers)
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to deploy this patch for non-administrative users? I tried remote access to a machine, run the installer (have to run-as admin) but it only updates the administrators instance of Firefox, not the users instance. Was Adobe bought out by MS?!?! or do they just not want anyone to view flash unless an admin, and therefore more open to the flaws that give access to the system? -- lxzndr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lxzndr, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a resp...

Adobe Flash Player 10.1 will not install in Firefox 3.6.9
Name: Kester Product: Firefox Summary: Adobe Flash Player 10.1 will not install in Firefox 3.6.9 Comments: After updating to Firefox 3.6.9, I received a warning that I needed to update the Adobe Flash Player plugin. I tried to do this but when the download page appeared I also received a message stating a plugin needed to be updated in order to be able to operate the page. When I tried to download the update for the plugin, I received the message that no update was available but was offered a manual update option. In trying to run this option, Firefox crashed. I used the Adobe...

Adobe flash KUbuntu 10.04 flashplugin-installer AMD 64bit, "You need to upgrade your flash player. Download it from Adobe."; jor MozFirefox
I can't get flash working now. It was working maybe a month ago, but then stopped, & I haven't tired since then. The latest message is: "You need to upgrade your flash player. Download it from Adobe." But, I've tried installing it using the Ubuntu flashplugin-installer, but it won't show up as installed. == I'm running Firefox direct from Mozilla, not ubuntu, to have the debug ability on, for if a crash occurs. I turned off flashblock & noscript, & restarted Firefox, then exited firefox. I purged flashplugin-installer, then rei...

Adobe APSB09-10 Flash Player 10.0.32.18
Our base workstation image contains Adobe Flash Player 10.0.22.87. The other day I deployed vulnerability: *Adobe APSB09-10 Flash Player 10.0.32.18 for IE (Upgrade) (All Languages) (See Notes) (Rev 2)* In my test lab, the patch went on fine and things seemed to work. But, when I deployed to 450 workstations, I soon found out that Flash didn't work at all anymore. The original product had unregistered successfully, but the new installation did not reregister the .ocx. I quickly made a -Locally Created- patch that would register the new .ocx and tested it. That worked so I pus...

Adobe APSB09-10 Flash Player 10.0.32.18 for IE
Adobe APSB09-10 Flash Player 10.0.32.18 for IE (Upgrade) (All Languages) (See Notes) (Rev 2) This won't deploy to any devices. I don't get any error, but it just won't deploy. -- ::_------------_-----------:: ::Thanks,:: ::Shandi :::cool: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Shandi, I have Adobe patches, they hardly ever work - and it's Adobe's fault from what I can see - that's an old one that's been superceded, you sure you don't already have a more recent version installed? -- Shaun Pon...

adobe flash player #10
Name: cedric labour Product: Firefox Summary: adobe flash player Comments: adobe flash player plugin is not working Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Adobe Flash Player #10
Name: Charles Moody Email: cwoodshereathotmaildotcom Product: Shiretoko Alpha 1 Summary: Adobe Flash Player Comments: Still No 64bit flash player. To view web sites complete. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090503 Shiretoko/3.5b4 From URL: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/shiretoko/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Adobe Flash Player #10
Name: Jacqui Thompson Email: jetta22atbtinternetdotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Adobe Flash Player Comments: On my homepage bt.yahoo.com, Firefox needs to install the Adobe Flash plugin. I installed it, then restarted Firefox, but the message is still there, that it needs to be installed. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Web resources about - Adobe Flash Player 10.1.82.76 - grc.news.latestversions

bit-player - An amateur's outlook on computation and mathematics
In a few days bit-player will celebrate its seventh birthday. (The first published post was dated January 9, 2006.) The original design for the ...

Portable audio player - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A portable audio player is a personal mobile device that allows the user to listen to recorded audio while mobile. Sometimes a distinction is ...

Family, Team Mourn Teenage Hockey Player Who Suddenly Passed Away
Family members of a St. Charles Preparatory School freshman mourn the teen's unexpected death, and hope to learn what caused it.

Survey: “Gamers” are poorer, more male, less white than “game players”
Men are much more likely than women to describe themselves as "gamers," even though both genders are about equally likely to be game players. ...

NBA referee Bill Kennedy says he is gay after player's slur
Veteran NBA referee tells Yahoo Sports he is gay after Sacramento Kings guard Rajon Rondo directed a gay slur at him during a game

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - The Key Thing You Need To Know About The Main Players
When Daisy Ridley ’s character, Rey, is introduced in Star Wars: The Force Awakens , she isn’t a member of the Resistance. Much like Luke Skywalker, ...

How three old-school companies became digital platform players
For more than 120 years, McCormick & Co. seasoned its growth by adding new products, slowly simmering its spices, sauces and packaged foods into ...

Federal Appeals Court Won’t Reconsider Plan That Would Pay College Football, Basketball Players
... followed up on its September decision to put the kibosh on a proposal that would’ve allowed schools to pay football and basketball players up ...

Soccer coach equips players with iPads to overcome language barrier
... things full circle, a real football coach (or “soccer” to you American readers!) is using Jobs’ creation, the iPad, to help coach his players. ...

NBA Player Delivers His Fiance’s Baby In A Shocking Way
'tied a pair of red headphones around the umbilical cord'