Now Available: Internet Explorer 8 MUI packs for Windows XP, Windows Server 03

We are pleased to announce the availability of Internet Explorer 8
Multilingual User Interface (MUI) packs for Windows XP SP2, Windows XP SP3,
and Windows Server 2003 SP2. The MUI packs can be downloaded from here :
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2009/05/14/now-available-internet-explorer-8-mui-packs-for-windows-xp-windows-server-03.aspx

--
"If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle"

0
paradoX
5/17/2009 3:16:20 PM
grc.linkfarm 6478 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Your Internet Explorer home page is reset to "about:blank" and Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) unexpectedly quits in Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003
followup to grc.security.software Your Internet Explorer home page is reset to "about:blank" and Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) unexpectedly quits in Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894269/EN-US/ ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Article ID : 894269 Last Review : February 25, 2005 Revision : 1.0 SYMPTOMS On a computer that is running Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP, or Microsoft Windo...

URL Handling Vulnerability in Windows XP and Windows Server,2003 with Windows Internet Explorer 7 Could Allow Remote Code Execution
Boy, that's a long subject line - but it's the title of Microsoft's KB article: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/943521.mspx -- Microsoft details (a bit) its changes to URL, more correctly URI, handling in IE 7 on WinXP and Windows 2003. The problem is that IE 7 code "tries to fix up" malformed URIs, then passes the fixed-up URI to the ShellExecute procedure (on XP and Win2003). http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archive/2007/10/10/msrc-blog-additional-details-and-background-on-security-advisory-943521.aspx OR http://tinyurl.com/yoadp8 ...

Proposal Round 2: Drop active support of Windows 2000, Windows XP (no service pack) and Windows XP SP1
See the previous thread for the story so far: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.planning/browse_thread/thread/67ddcaa5c897a58b# What seems to be a reasonable step is to declare that Windows XP SP2 is the lowest supported version of Windows. Older versions will not be blocked from working based on current plans, but are considered unsupported. What Unsupported Means: * No tinderbox coverage * No QA coverage * No unit test or talos performance coverage * Bugs only affecting these platforms will not be considered as blocking any release 1.9.2 or later. ** We wil...

Internet Explorer is now Windows Explorer
I have Zone Alarm and in the past when I click on IE 5.5 it opens my browser, connects to the internet and shows up as the IE icon in Zone alarm. Recently I installed Morpheus file sharing program and then subsequently deleted it. Now however, unless I allow Windows Explorer access to the internet, I cannot surf. Once I allow it, everything works normally. I also notice that the IE icon is not in Zone alarm, just the Windows Explorer icon. I am wondering what I can do to get things back to normal or if its just really an annoyance to be ignored. -- Lauri :) ...

Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 / Windows XP x64 SP2
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/windowsserver/sp2.mspx What's New in Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=62452 On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:33:05 +0300, Mike Meyer <x@x.com> wrote: > What's New in Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 Any news about winXP-SP3? Tony. -- Properly read, the bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived. Anthony OZ wrote: > Any news about winXP-SP3? http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx "SP3 for Windows XP is currently planned for 1H CY2008. This d...

Service Pack Available for Sql Server 2000 with Windows XP.
 How to find out the SP available for sql server 2000 with win xp Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. Take a look at the following site: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/downloads/2000/default.mspx/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog  I wanted the Sp available for win xp and not for windows 2000.I have not got it for win xp details Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. The link Fredrik posted is good here is detailed explanation of it.XP service pack 2 a...

Network Adapter Drivers for Windows* 2000, Windows* XP and Windows Server* 2003
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProductID=&DwnldID=4275&strOSs=OSFullName=&lang=eng or: http://preview.tinyurl.com/2ntk46 Installs base drivers, Intel� PROSet for Windows* Device Manager, and Advanced Networking Services (ANS) for Intel� network adapters for Windows* 2000, Windows* XP, and Windows Server* 2003. Download the self-extracting archive and run it. When you run it, it will extract the files to a temporary directory, run the installation wizard, and remove the temporary files when the installation is complet...

Re:Internet Explorer is now Windows explorer.
I do not have that option. -------------- Internet Options: Advanced: Check the box "Launch browser windows in a separate process" That should take care of the problem. -- Lauri :) "Universal Justice is the Key to ALL!!!" You'll need to go back to either IE 5.0 or 5.5 (I don't remember which version had that option) and check that box then upgrade to your current version again. (It will remember your choice upon upgrade) That will take care of this nuisance. Or...live with the way it is as there is no other fix for it. There use to be ...

Internet Explorer window freezes when trying to expand or shrink explorer window
I have noticed that whenever I try to expand or shrink the explorer window when viewing a page with the TabContainer Control, that it complely locks me up.  I have to end the process to get back access to the computer. Any ideas? JAYHAWKER: I have noticed that whenever I try to expand or shrink the explorer window when viewing a page with the TabContainer Control, that it complely locks me up.  I have to end the process to get back access to the computer. Base on my experience, perhaps it cause of the third party plug-ins, please desiable the third party plug-ins, and try ag...

Windows XP Service Pack 3 RC Preview is now available on Connect
"Microsoft just released Windows XP Service Pack 3 RC Preview is now available on Connect. Beta testers can get it now!" <http://bink.nu/news/windows-xp-service-pack-3-rc-preview-is-now-available-on-connect.aspx> Direct link: <http://connect.microsoft.com/> -- js http://justheadlines.awardspace.com "john s. smith" <reply_here@.> wrote in message news:q40th31hsd1e3uc43ggu2opf2g6teif2od@4ax.com... > "Microsoft just released Windows XP Service Pack 3 RC Preview is now > available on Connect. > > Beta testers can ge...

The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool helps remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000
The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool helps remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=890830 *********************************************************** Quote *********************************************************** Microsoft has released the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool to help remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows XP, or Microsoft W...

Windows XP Service Pack 2 Release Candidate 2 now available for download
Windows XP Service Pack 2 Release Candidate 2 now available for download http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/sp2preview.mspx -- Kayode Okeyode http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/ http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk/favorites/webdesign.htm kayodeok <news4kayode@btopenworld.com> wrote in news:Xns9509DC207C2EDnews4kayode@204.1.226.254: > Windows XP Service Pack 2 Release Candidate 2 now available for > download > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/sp2preview.mspx Thanks very much, I'm downloading it now. I'd reco...

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and Windows Server 2008 now include support for Structured Exception Handling Overwrite Protection (SEHOP)
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and Windows Server 2008 now include support for Structured Exception Handling Overwrite Protection (SEHOP). This feature is designed to block exploits that use the Structured Exception Handler (SEH) overwrite technique. This protection mechanism is provided at run-time. Therefore, it helps protect applications regardless of whether or not they have been compiled with the latest improvements, such as /SAFESEH. We recommend that Windows Vista users enable this feature to help increase the security profile of their systems. http://support.microsoft.com/...

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and Windows Server 2008 now include support for Structured Exception Handling Overwrite Protection (SEHOP) #2
INTRODUCTION Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and Windows Server 2008 now include support for Structured Exception Handling Overwrite Protection (SEHOP). This feature is designed to block exploits that use the Structured Exception Handler (SEH) overwrite technique. This protection mechanism is provided at run-time. Therefore, it helps protect applications regardless of whether or not they have been compiled with the latest improvements, such as /SAFESEH. We recommend that Windows Vista users enable this feature to help increase the security profile of their systems. Source @ >>...

Web resources about - Now Available: Internet Explorer 8 MUI packs for Windows XP, Windows Server 03 - grc.linkfarm