linux free CDs

http://www.pogolinux.com/systems/linuxcd.html

0
Tommy
10/21/2005 11:35:30 PM
grc.linkfarm 6478 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Free linux SRV?
Hello, I would like to create a test environment of couple servers. I have the hardware that's capable of running more than one OS so I'd like to use Linux platform and virtualization, wmware for example, to run few Windows/Linux servers when needed. Can anyone recommend Linux distro for this purpose? As this is a test environment I cannot get budget for this so I'm bound to freeware. (Win servers I can use 30 days before the mandatory registration) Thanks Will On 2008-04-08 10:17:21 +0100, "William Stokes" <will@operamail.com> said: &g...

Linux: no longer free?
There is now a real (legal) battle being waged around Linux, the most diffuse Operating System in the world. Accusation, counter-accusations, requests for damages, licences... The famous penguin is the symbol of this free software, created (or better yet, ?started?) by Linus Torwalds. Now it is at the centre of a legal dispute that risks clipping Linux?s wings and transforming it into a normal Operating System, inaccessible to all of those who have been working on improving it for years. It is well-known that Linux is covered by a GPL (General Public Licence), that allows anyone to c...

Thinking of building a free module / free source / free tutorial / free docs...ideas?
I'm relatively new to dnn module development. As a former trainer, I learn the best by teaching and will often create a tutorial and documentation (course curriculim) and thus learn it much more in its entirity by doing so. I wanted to build a dnn module. These are my thoughts on the requirements:--Offer the PA free--Offer the Source free (same open-source licensing dnn is released under -- BSD?)--I would like to implement the "best practices" laid out by the core members or most respected members of the community. These are the rules that the certification guidelines will probably become.--...

Is Linux easier than Free BSD??
Man, Free BSD wanted me to type in monitor specs toward getting a GUI going. Get real. So...is Linux easier to install??? Hope So. Feeling like I'm learning DOS all over again complete with brain leaking out of ears. kd wrote: > Man, > > Free BSD wanted me to type in monitor specs toward getting a GUI > going. Get real. If you have the manual for the monitor, finding that info shouldn't be much of a problem. Might want to try the manufacturer's site if you don't have a manual. > > So...is Linux easier to install??? Hope So. Feeling lik...

Recommendations for Free Linux Download
I will be having a spare pc available soon and would like to play around with Linux for the first time, with a view to maybe installing SmoothWall Express later. Suggestions for the most appropriate free distribution would be welcome. I presume the more "Windows-like" the better. Thanks. -- Les Desser (The Reply-to address IS valid) On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 15:50:58 +0100, Les Desser <NewsDump1@dessergroup.com> wrote: >I will be having a spare pc available soon and would like to play around >with Linux for the first time, with a view to maybe installing...

Which Free Linux Desktop is Best?
I'm not sure this guy was looking at the same things I was. http://newsletter.channelweb.com/cgi-bin4/DM/y/hyua0FuvdA0Ekv0Ejaq0EF He doesn't even look at MEPIS or PCLOS. Of course, CRN represents the so called "solution providers". Or does it? -- Virg Wall, P.E. While scrubbing graffiti off the grc.techtalk.linux walls, I heard VWWall say: > I'm not sure this guy was looking at the same things I was. > > http://newsletter.channelweb.com/cgi-bin4/DM/y/hyua0FuvdA0Ekv0Ejaq0EF > > He doesn't even look at MEPIS or PCLOS. Of cour...

Linux Is Not So 'Free'
Without a doubt, Linux has become fully accepted as a powerful, scalable and stable platform for enterprise deployments. Somewhat surprisingly, however, the cost of deploying Linux is getting pretty close to the cost of deploying some other enterprise platforms. What's that, you say? The high cost of Linux? Linux is free, you fool. And don't give me any of that high TCO garbage, either. No, that's not what I mean. In fact, Blaster and SoBig should serve as a reality check for any analyst who thinks that Linux has a high total cost of ownership. (While worm-weary IT manage...

ASA Free DBMS on Linux
Sybase released a free version of ASE (previously known as sql server). Is there a free version of ASA for Linux. As ASE is far superior to ASA, it seems strange that there is a free version only for ASE, and not for ASA. Olivier from Paris, France I would not draw the conclusion that ASE is far superior at ASA. In fact, ASA is far superiour in a number of areas including its - ease of use - self-tuning capablities - ability to run competently without any DBA intervention just to name a few. It is always best to choose the technology that best solves your business...

Is the Linux AES free for any use?
Hello all, I found that there is a free download for the Sybase Adaptive Enterprise Server for linux. So is that i can use it for free on linux for any purpose?? Or if i have to purchase one for commercial use but can be free to use for personal use? Best regards Calvin In article <E724C76C19670A170054EF3785256A67.0054EF4685256A67@webforums>, "Calvin_Tai" <unknown@spammesenseless.net> wrote: > Hello all, > I found that there is a free download for the Sybase Adaptive > Enterprise Server for linux. So is that i can use it for free on lin...

Migrate linux to linux
We want to migrate our gw7 from netware to linux but because we lack a spliffy new server i need to move it to a temporary server first. Thankfully we have an OES2 'test' server currently running in our production tree with suse10 and oes2. After we migrate the Netware server to the test server and get everything running, is it enough to just install the agents on the real server, copy the entire database over from test maintaining path etc, change some ip's in the nds and hit start ? - Arjan On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 15:46:01 +0000, Arjan wrote: > After we m...

Linux to Linux VPN
Hey All, Hopefully this is something that can be done. I have a main office with a Win2000 server. I have a remote office with 3 computers, right now each of the remote computers connects to the windows2000 server over the internet using VPN with the W2K box being the VPN server. This causes a few problems because of the domain login and the user's are not the ummmm brightest with computers. What I want to do it place a perment VPN with auto re-connect so when they unplug the DSL modem to plug in the Fax (I know I know) and then plug the DSL back in it will re-sync the VPN...

DotNet + Mono on Linux for free
If you like to check out mono and .Net take a look at monoForge. They offer free hosting for dotnet projects to run on their Linux boxes. Dnn will at the moment not run straight out of the box, the dataprovider must be changed first. The 5.0 of MySQL is excpected shortly in a stable release, and will even hold stored procedure. So the old drawback with more DB calls will not be a problem with the new 5.0. I am currently not aware of any MySQL dataprovider for Dnn 3.x, neither commercial nor free. Pls correct me if I am wrong. As it stands at the moment they support MySQL  DB...

Free Linux Driver Development!
Maybe this will help us get drivers for more hardware: "Yes, that's right, the Linux kernel community is offering all companies free Linux driver development. No longer do you have to suffer through all of the different examples in the Linux Device Driver Kit, or pick through the thousands of example drivers in the Linux kernel source tree trying to determine which one is the closest to what you need to do." http://www.kroah.com/log/linux/free_drivers.html -- Virg Wall, P.E. On Monday 19 Feb 2007 20:02, VWWall wrote: > Maybe this will help us get driver...

acces to CDS with SUSE Linux
I am working just recently with Linux and I got a problem regarding access permissions and involves any CD or DVD media in my laptop. I can play audio cds but when I insert either a CD or DVD with data (the usual iso#### format) I see it on my screen. But when I try to access it or mount it I get a message that I do not have permissions, I have tried to access them from the root account and the problem remains the same :(. What am I missing? By the way when I do install or remove software with YAST and ask me for the installation cds, it works fine, thus, my cd/dvd player is not the ...

Web resources about - linux free CDs - grc.linkfarm

Linux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the operating system. For the kernel, see Linux kernel . For other uses, see Linux (disambiguation) . and video game consoles ...

Linux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the operating system. For the kernel, see Linux kernel . For other uses, see Linux (disambiguation) . The development of ...

Linux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the operating system. For the kernel, see Linux kernel . For other uses, see Linux (disambiguation) . and video game consoles ...

Linux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the operating system. For the kernel, see Linux kernel . For GNU package based on Linux kernel, see GNU Linux-libre . For ...

Getting a Linux box corralled into a DDoS botnet is easier than many think
A growing number of users and applications are making Linux a prime hacking target.

The Linux Foundation will participate in 'Hour of Code'
... as a "one-hour introduction to computer science, designed to demystify code and show that anybody can learn the basics". Today, The Linux Foundation ...

Pay what you want to master Ruby, HTML5, Linux, Git and more
Whether you want to learn PHP, Ruby, or Linux, we got a bundle that can teach it all—and then some. Pay what you want for this nine-course Learn ...

Microsoft wants to train you to use rival operating system, Linux
Microsoft used to hate the operating system that was its biggest threat, Linux. Now, as it's fond of saying, it loves Linux. It loves Linux ...

Microsoft continues to embrace Linux with new Azure certification
... partnership that would have seemed most unlikely back when Microsoft railed against open source, the software company has teamed with the Linux ...

Cisco Evolves IOS XR Network Operating System with Linux
Cisco Evolves IOS XR Network Operating System with Linux EnterpriseNetworkingPlanet Working together with hyperscale web companies, Cisco has ...