Host A Windows 7 Launch Party And Get Windows 7 Ultimate For Free

It seems that Microsoft is trying to explore some new ways of promoting
their upcoming operating system Windows 7. Other methods of promoting
Windows 7 are slowly coming to light next to the official launch parties
that are hosted by Microsoft in various cities throughout the world. One of
the – rather unusual – strategies to promote Windows 7 are so called house
parties that can be held by users living in Australia, Canada, France,
Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, the US or UK. If you
are living in one of the countries and have a computer system that is
currently running Windows XP, Windows Vista or Linux you might apply to host
a house party with at least five friends (number might vary depending on the
country the applicant is living in) that has to be held between October 22
and 29.
http://www.ghacks.net/2009/09/03/host-a-windows-7-launch-party-and-get-windows-7-ultimate-for-free/#more-15986

--
"If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle"

0
parad0X
9/3/2009 7:30:06 PM
grc.linkfarm 6478 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Dual Booting Open SUSE 11.2 and Windows 7, Windows 7 not loading (Windows 7 installed first)
Hi everybody i know there may be many threads on this topic but I have researched and still cant seem to get Windows 7 working when the GRUB menu appears but Open SUSE 11.2 works fine.. This is the first time installing Open SUSE 11.2. I created two partitions (swap and Suse 11.2) in Windows 7 before installing Open SUSE 11.2. Open SUSE 11.2 automatically created an extra two partitions (one was swap and the other i guess is where SUSE was installed?), i should have gone into expert mode and left my original partitions but i decided to let SUSE do it and i deleted the partitions i...

Importants ralentissements de FireFox 3.5.7 sous Windows 7 *** Major slowdowns in Firefox 3.5.7 on Windows 7
Name: Bernard Le Lann Email: bernarddotlelannatlapostedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Importants ralentissements de FireFox 3.5.7 sous Windows 7 *** Major slowdowns in Firefox 3.5.7 on Windows 7 Comments: Depuis que j'utilise Windows 7 FireFox 3.5.7 est extrêmement lent, pour afficher une nouvelle page ou pour passer d'un onglet à un autre. ======================================= Since I use Windows 7 FireFox 3.5.7 is extremely slow to display a new page or move from one tab to another Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; fr; rv:1.9.1...

Windows 7 isn't Windows 7?
Looks like Windows 7 is actually Windows version 6.1? What the heck? -- Joe With great power comes great responsibility. jmarton;1939109 Wrote: > Looks like Windows 7 is actually Windows version 6.1? What the heck? > > > > -- > Joe > With great power comes great responsibility. Yup, someone could probably sue MS for false marketing :) Thomas -- http://thsundel.blogspot.com/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ thsundel's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=128 View this threa...

windows 7 #7
Name: kieran Email: kieranian2001atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: windows 7 Comments: works on windows 7 but needs to be run from download rather than downloaded separately and then run Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Windows 7 #7
Name: Albert Offerein Email: adotoffereinatupcmaildotnl Product: Shiretoko Alpha 1 Summary: Windows 7 Comments: This browser works perfect in Windows 7 RTM build 7600 . The 3.5 was crashing from time to time, and i do not wanted to go back to IE8, so i am happy with this namoroka Each morning i install the update ( nightly build ) Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2a2pre) Gecko/20090901 Namoroka/3.6a2pre (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/namoroka/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a ...

Getting GroupWise 7.02hp1 on Windows 7
I really (really) needed to setup a Windows 7 laptop (not XP) laptop for a CAD person, and spent nearly a week trying to get GroupWise 7.02hp1 to play nice. After much screaming, multiple KILLDISK sessions, and digging up the answer from somewhere other than -_*here*_-, I have the answer. Pulled part of the solution from windrivers.com (I never go there, but it showed up in a search), and ironically, the guy who posted the solution there said he couldn't find anything here. Simple solution: - Install drivers, apps (including Micro$oft Office), do updates...it won&#...

Will Windows 7 install over Windows 7 Trial Edition
A couple new systems were shipped with Windows 7 Trial Edition, timebombed to stop working after so many months Can a retail version of Windows 7 be installed over the Trial Edition ? "mgwmp" <p.zie@cnn.com> wrote in message news:ha4jid$2lmg$1@news.grc.com... >A couple new systems were shipped with Windows 7 Trial Edition, timebombed >to stop working after so many months > > Can a retail version of Windows 7 be installed over the Trial Edition ? > It depends on which "trial edition." If it was the RTM, then this is identical to th...

Windows 7 drivers can only be uploaded from a Windows 7 operating system
And I AM trying to upload Win 7 drivers to the Broker from Win 7 x64 Enterprise using IE8 Anybody has a solution? Seb IPPSRVR.NLM Loaded from [SYS:SYSTEM\] on 14 Feb 2011 2:42:56 pm (Address Space = OS) Novell iPrint Server Version 4.02.01 24 June 2009 Copyright (c) 1989-2008 Novell Inc. All rights reserved. iPrint Client 5.56.00 Seb "Sebastian Cerazy" <sebastian.cerazy@(nospam)spgs.org> wrote in message news:TlQ6p.18364$325.3079@kovat.provo.novell.com... > And I AM trying to upload Win 7 drivers to the Broker from Win 7 x64 >...

Windows 7 And Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows 7 (IR4)
Good afternoon, I'm currently employed at *Private* in IT, and since July we've been moving every PC over to Windows 7 (Upgrading Macs as well). So far so good, but we've run into a few walls with things we want to do. I've searched quite a while on it, and managed to make Novell the default login screen like it was in XP. However, we want to try and take it one step further and make the specific user's name as the default username. (Once again as it was in XP). We've had some issues, well, widespread issues, with people losing network drives and the li...

Problem with viewing Windows SDK help files from Delphi 7 under Windows 7
Hi, I recently installed Delphi 7 on a Windows 8 machine putting it into a non-system folder. When I found that it wasn't displaying (Delphi) help files I downloaded and installed WinHlp32.exe from the MS website http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=91 and this solved the problem. But when I try to view the Windows SDK by selecting the appropriate menu item under the IDE Help menu I get the Winhelp runtime error message "Microsoft Help has stopped working". Can anyone suggest what needs to be done to be able to view the Windows SDK files that sh...

Windows 7 Pro Windows 7 Novell Client SP1 Client IR4-IR9a
I have a couple users if they open multiple files and multiple explorer windows all the mapped novell drives disconnect and then Windows 7 will freeze. The workaround I have found is to install Novell Client SP1 for Windows Vista and the drives stay mapped. Anyone have any thoughts? Also only on our Windows 7 machines occasionally only one drive will disappear. -- bdcostley ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bdcostley wrote: > > I have a couple users if they open multiple files and multiple > explorer windows all the ...

Windows updates for Windows 7
Two updates just appeared in Windows Update today for Windows 7 http://support.microsoft.com/KB/976098 December 2009 cumulative time zone update for Microsoft Windows operating systems Important This update supersedes and replaces update 970653, which was released in August 2009. This update also includes additional time zone changes that were signed in to law after update 970653 was created. If you have already deployed update 970653, read the descriptions of the specific time zone changes that are addressed in this article to determine whether you must deploy this updat...

Windows 7 ... Delphi 7
The new Windows 7 reminds me very strong of Delphi 7 ... a good feeling! > {quote:title=Ralf Stocker wrote:}{quote} > The new Windows 7 reminds me very strong of Delphi 7 ... a good feeling! Me too, from what I've heard so far. They are releasing it as a public beta tommorrow (the first 2.5 million in line only): Windows 7 page http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ Information on Downloading and Installing Windows 7 Beta http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/archive/2009/01/07/information-on-downloading-and-installing-windows-7-beta.aspx How to Get in on th...

Fullscreen window under windows 7
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to enlarge a window to cover the entire screen. I've tried using the following code gwlstyle = GetWindowLongPtr(Handle,GWL_STYLE); SetWindowLongPtr(Handle,GWL_STYLE,gwlstyle&(~(WS_DLGFRAME|WS_BORDER|WS_THICKFRAME))); SetWindowPos(Handle, HWND_TOP,0,0,1680,1050,SWP_FRAMECHANGED|SWP_DRAWFRAME); ShowWindow(Handle,SW_SHOW); but the window keeps resizing down to show the taskbar. Using MFC it's enough to remove the WS_THICKFRAME and resize the window, but it doesn't work under builder 2010. Hope someone can help. > I'm t...

Web resources about - Host A Windows 7 Launch Party And Get Windows 7 Ultimate For Free - grc.linkfarm

Ultimates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the comic book, see The Ultimates (comic book) . For other uses, see Ultimate (disambiguation) . The Ultimates is a fictional group of superheroes ...

UFC star Conor McGregor: what's next for Ultimate Fighting's featherweight king?
Now the king has claimed his throne, he needs to stay at the top of the heap, so let's take a look at the possible moves Conor McGregor could ...

AppAdvice’s ultimate accessory gift guide for kids
... played on the iPhone, iPad, and fourth-generation Apple TV. A world of color Mozbii Stylus Pen, $80 While the Apple Pencil might be the ultimate ...

Who Is The Ultimate Winner Of The EIT Digital Idea Challenge?
EIT Digital Idea Challenge is a contest to find, identify and help best digital startups in Europe. We got a chance to visit the finals of Smart ...

Mercedes-AMG S65 cabriolet is the ultimate drop-top Benz
Filed under: Mercedes-Benz , Convertible , Luxury , Performance Mercedes-AMG has dropped the top on the new S65 cabriolet, shoehorning Affalterbach's ...

The ultimate trailer for every movie released in 2015
You know it's been an incredible year for movie fans when the wait for Star Wars: The Force Awakens doesn't really seem all that long. From Mad ...

"Well, he’s got the Hitler vote. The neo-Nazi website, Daily Stormer, was out and proud earlier this ...
"After endorsing the Republican presidential front-runner earlier this year for his call to deport 11 million Mexican immigrants, the fomenters ...

This has created the ultimate pain trade
The macro forces driving commodities lower makes it unlikely the complex will recover for months to come.

Olivia Munn and Aaron Rodgers May Be the Ultimate 'Star Wars' Fans
Olivia Munn and Aaron Rodgers May Be the Ultimate 'Star Wars' Fans

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. : Who paid the ultimate price in the fall finale?
Warning: This story contains major spoilers from the midseason finale of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Read at your own risk! It’s been two ...