Free Book - Upgrading Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 to Microsoft Visual Basic .NET

followup to grc.techtalk

Free Book - Upgrading Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 to Microsoft Visual
Basic .NET
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbrun/staythepath/additionalresources/upgradingvb6/

Upgrading Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 to Microsoft Visual Basic .NET is is
the complete technical guide to upgrading Visual Basic 6 applications to
Visual Basic .NET, covering all upgrade topics from APIs to ZOrders. It
shows how to fix upgrade issues with forms, language, data access, and COM+
Services, and how to upgrade applications with XML Web services, ADO.NET,
and .NET remoting. It also provides big-picture architectural advice, a
reference of function and object model changes, hundreds of
before-and-after code samples, and a CD packed with useful examples.
Unquote

Kayode Okeyode
http://del.icio.us/kayodeok
"Memory fades but a google search never forgets" - Perry White
0
kayodeok
6/24/2005 9:09:48 PM
grc.linkfarm 6478 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This is an unsupported version of Microsoft Visual C# 3.0 / Microsoft Visual Basic 9.0. Therefore, many features may not work as expected.
I had installed the .NET 3.0 and now I'm getting this message when I open a solution. What can I do to resolve this? tkx in advancePaulo Aboim PintoOdivelas - Portugal    Since the latest version of the framework is 2.0 and you're saying you installed 3.0, I'd say errors would be expected.  Where did you get whatever you actually installed? JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. jeff@zina.com:Where did you get whatever you actually installe...

Converting Visual Basic 6 to Visual Basic .NET
Hi, I found this program that would get the mac address of a computer given its IP. I converted it into vb.net and it gave 2 errors. It said that I couldn't use "any" in declarations, so I found out what variable it was tryign to pass and changed the any to that data type. Now, the program will start in vb.net... but when I click the button, it returns the wrong mac address, while the one in vb6 returned the correct one.All you have to do is add 2 textboxes to the form and 1 button, dont change their names.::::::::::VB6 CODE::::::::::Option ExplicitPrivate Const NO_ERROR = 0Private Declare F...

Microsoft MS Visual Basic .NET?
Hi Thinking of buying Microsoft MS Visual Basic .NET 2003 Standard. Never having used Visual Studio.NET only Dreamweaver to try to code using VB.NET and the fact that all reports say that using Visual Studio.NET will speed up the process of building any .NET pages in VB. Will using Microsoft MS Visual Basic .NET 2003 Standard help me to put together any .NET pages in VB? Sorry if this sounds a bit naive but I'm still finding my way around using .NET stuff. Cheerskefi2927-------------------------------------------Think big thoughts but, relish small pleasures. (In my reply, I'll...

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Can I Use Visual Basic 6.0 DLL in ASP.Net 2.0 Application
HI, I am migrating VB 6.0 Window Application to ASP.Net 2.0. I am trying to reuse the previous DLL's. Using RCW i am able to invoke methods as well. But Challenge is :--------- These DLL's contains Class Library, Modules and UI (Forms and User Documents).I am not able to invoke the methods that are associated with UI. What should be the best approach to reuse the maximum functionality. Is there any way to Call VB Form directly or Convert into ASPX. Thanks !  in VB.Create the OCX Application and then include that OCX application  in the a...

DataGrid not displaying Microsoft Visual Basic.NET
This maybe a silly question, but I am having problems displaying a grid. I have a database connection;an adapter and a dataset. (Droped in controls from toolbox) I have bound this to a grid (Droped in control from toolbox) When I run the application I dont get to see any grid. I have tried droping in non data controls and I see them fine. Can anyone help me please.   Thanks   This is just a guess, but since you didn't mention any code, in the Page_Load method you need to add: myDataAdapter.Fill( myDataSet) myDataGrid.DataBind() Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's ...

Use ASP.NET or Visual Basic.NET to Transform XML To Rich Text Format (RTF) For Microsoft Word 2002 with html values in dataset
This is regarding the article HOW TO: Use ASP.NET or Visual Basic.NET to Transform XML To Rich Text Format (RTF) For Microsoft Word 2002: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;311461 I have the example working good . But the values in my dataset are in html tags.i.e the values of customer orders and order details are in html. I was wondering if there is a way to render word to read html from database or is there a way in xslt to render html tags. Thanks...

what is difference b/w Visual Basic 6.0 and VB.net?
 hi guys.can anyone tell me what is difference b/w  Visual Basic 6.0 and VB.net?thnx  some discusson from Scott on the topic. http://corfield.org/blog/index.cfm/do/blog.entry/entry/VB6_vs_VBNET  Peter Kellnerhttp://73rdstreet.com and blogging athttp://PeterKellner.netMVP, ASP.NET Jaxmeel:  hi guys. can anyone tell me what is difference b/w  Visual Basic 6.0 and VB.net? thnx  Here is a list of differences http://www.programmersheaven.com/2/FAQ-VBNET-VB6-VBNET-Differences. But on a simpler note, Vb.net is fully Object oriented language, where a...

How to connect Microsoft Visual Basic .NET to MS SQL Web Server 2000?
Need to connect VB .NET to MS SQL Web Server database. The message is "Can not  connect databases remotely" Thank you!ASP.NET Hosting...

visual basic 6.0
In a VB6 program we have a class that returns its contained collection entries by their names, such as myClass.cell("cell name 1").  We also have a collection that contains all name list.  So, we can do something like:   Dim iIndex As Long Dim strName As String Dim oCell As CellObject For iIndex = 1 to oNameCollection.Count    strName = oNameCollection.Item(iIndex)    Set oCell = mySillyClass.cell(strName)    If (oCell.ID = iIDThatIAmLookingFor) Then        Exit For    End I...

Visual Basic 6.0
Hi, I am searching ab OCX to edit a timestamp Sybase field with Visual Basic 6.0. Do you have an idea ? Thanks Alan ...

Microsoft visual basic kit
I've installed the Microsoft visual basic resource kit cd they sent through the post but I can't see where its installed, and there's no shortcuts or anything installed. how I'm i supposed to use it? ignore me i found it now...

Web resources about - Free Book - Upgrading Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 to Microsoft Visual Basic .NET - grc.linkfarm

Mac Spoofed: Upgrading [Low Quality]
PC teaches Mac about the benefits of upgradability.

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Looks like Labor's upgrading from Tarago to minibus
The people of Stafford have done the rest of Queensland a favour by electing Dr Anthony Lynham.

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube