Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2

What is the System Update Readiness Tool?
System resources, such as file data, registry data, and even in-memory data,
can develop inconsistencies during the lifetime of the operating system.
These inconsistencies might be caused by various hardware failures or might
be caused by software issues. In some cases, these inconsistencies can
affect the Windows servicing store, and they can cause software updates not
to work. The System Update Readiness Tool tries to resolve these
inconsistencies.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=947821

--
"If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle"

0
parad0X
10/29/2009 5:10:45 PM
grc.linkfarm 6478 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Description of an update rollup for the printing core components in Windows 7 and in Windows Server 2008 R2
For those on Win 7 64 bit that had or are having issues with this KB, released yesterday, MS has re-released it via AU | WU. <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2647753> There is an 800 number for MS Canada | US - for those that may need to for help with this, chime in and I'll post it back. Thanks ! -- Randy <http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/randyknobloch> On 08/15/12 19:18, Randy Knobloch wrote: > For those on Win 7 64 bit that had or are having issues with this KB, > released yesterday, MS has r...

Microsoft releases tool to restore NTBackup files on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
This week Microsoft released an update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 with a utility for restoring backups made on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 to computers that are running Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=d9a3d988-bd82-41ca-acf4-39dea08ff7ab -- "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" On 1/28/2010 08:22 AM, parad0X wrote: > This week Microsoft released an update for Windows 7 and Windows Server > 2008 R2 with a utility fo...

Core Parking in Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
http://www.drdobbs.com/go-parallel/blog/archives/2010/02/core_parking_in.html Core Parking is a new Windows kernel power manager and kernel scheduler technology designed to help improving the energy efficiency of multicore systems. -- Not related to the actual content above. Weird webpage coding. Nice web coding, Dr. Dobbs! "404 error - Not Found" title on a page that is clearly found. As it turns out, the page has multiple <head> and <title> tags. Wow! I might've expected this from Dr. Slobbs! But not Dr. Dobbs! -- ...

New NX APIs added to Windows Vista SP1, Windows XP SP3 and Windows Server 2008
Hi, Looks to be interesting additional features to DEP and the API's for Vista, XP and Server 2008: http://blogs.msdn.com/michael_howard/archive/2008/01/29/new-nx-apis-added-to-windows-vista-sp1-windows-xp-sp3-and-windows-server-2008.aspx I wonder if this will make some currently DEP incompaible software DEP compatible? Kind Regards Simon ...

Upgrade Windows 2003 Server to Windows 2008 Server
Hello! Does somebody know if it will be possible to upgrade a webserver with Windows 2003 Server OS to Windows 2008 Server (I want to use IIS 7.0).The same question for SQL Server 2005 Express Edition... Can I upgrade this to SQL Server 2008 Express Edition when it is available? (in 39 days)... Thank you for helping me!    Windows server Upgrade 2008 http://blogs.iis.net/mailant/archive/2007/09/24/windows-server-2008-rc0-available-now.aspx  Sql Server Upgrade 2008 http://www.scalabilityexperts.com/default.asp?action=article&ID=43Remember to mark any post th...

Windows 7 64-bit And Windows Server 2008 R2 Vulnerability Emerges
The Microsoft Security Response team released a security advisory yesterday, The team is investigating a publicly reported vulnerability that is affecting 64-bit editions of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 as well as Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium systems. http://www.ghacks.net/2010/05/19/windows-7-64-bit-and-windows-server-2008-r2-vulnerabilitie-emerges/#more-25521 -- "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

How can I install Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 to a virtual hard disk (VHD) file?
A. Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 add the ability for an OS to be installed onto a virtual hard disk (VHD) file to boot physical hardware. To do this, perform the following steps: http://windowsitpro.com/windowsnt20002003faq/article/articleid/101456/q-how-can-i-install-windows-7-or-windows-server-2008-r2-to-a-virtual-hard-disk-vhd-file.html -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

Installing Team Foundation Server 2008 with SQL Server 2008 on Windows Server 2008
 Hi,Can Anyone tell me that Is SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition Compatible to work with Team Foundation Server 2008 on Windows Server 2008...I am trying to install TFS 2008.I have installed IIS,SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition,Install and Configure Windows Sharepoint 3.0 successfully... but During installation of TFS 2008 during System health Check its telling SQL Server version incompatible.PLz Reply its urgent... Somnath Try installing TFS 2008 packaged with SP1. Here is more info:http://blogs.msdn.com/aabdou/archive/2008/05/13/team-foundation-server-sp1-beta-now-available.a...

MS 2607712 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 not showing
I need some help. I received an email notification that new vulnerabilities have arrived and available on the Novell ZPM Server for MS 2607712 for Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008 R2. In my ZPM console, I see MS 2607712 for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 being downloaded but not for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. The ZPM server is at version 6.4.2.1592; the server was patched with 6.4 SP2 Update 4 and the agents with the Native Scan Content Enhancement. Any suggestions on how to get the patch for Windows Server 2008 R2 to download...

Windows 2008 R2 support (aka 64bit windows server support)
Hi, for PB11.5 and/or 12 a) till now only powerbuilder supports VISTA 64bit! b) NO offical support for Windows2003 63 bit or Windows2008 64bit ?! is this correct? c) because Windows2008 R2 only exists as a 64bit version. Will it be supported with pb12/pb11.5 WE ONLY NEED Support for a 32bit powerbuilder apps. We don't need 64bit apps. "only" support for running on a 64bit windows server system! TIA Heino Hellmers You are right, it is not officially supported. That is because our QA team hasn't tested on that platform, only Vista 64-bit. ...

Delphi 2006 in Windows 7 32 bit / Windows Server 2008
Hi All, I need to install Delphi 2006 IDE in my new windows 2007 system. Could you please advise me whether Delphi 2006 will be supported in Windows 7 / Server 2008. If 2006 version is not supported please advise from which version onwards will be supported in Windows 7 / windows server 2008. Many thanks. Thanks Windows 7/ 2008 did not exist when Delphi 2006 was released, so this combination is untested. Most likely, if you follow these guidelines: http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42598 it will work with current OS's. If you want something we stand behind, you ...

Update module released to resolve compatibility between ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.0 and Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008
<http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=3Dcontent&id=3DNEWS35> --=20 Randy <http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx> ...

Installing GPMC on Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista Service Pack 1
For some time now, we've had inquiries about where the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) is located in Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista SP1. It's well documented that Server 2008 includes GPMC but, it does not appear in the administrative tools. The Group Policy Management Console is included in Windows Server 2008; however, you must install it before you can use it. The domain controller promotion process installs GPMC on the server, in addition to adding the domain controller to the domain. Additionally, you can install GPMC on a member server as long as it&...

Windows 7 and Windows Vista
I can see the tree long enough to click on it and click ok then move to the server box and then I loose the tree. Not sure what to check since this is the first time we are putting one of these 2 OS's on our network. Any help would be appreciated. I did the LAN Manager to 1 thing but that didn't help, it was set to 3. Tom -- krayzie358 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Forgot to say I am using Client 2 SP1. SLP is up and running fine. Let me know what other info you need. -- krayzie358 -------------------...

Web resources about - Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2 - grc.linkfarm

Active Format Description - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In television technology, Active Format Description ( AFD ) is a standard set of codes that can be sent in the MPEG video stream or in the baseband ...

‘Impressum’ Added To Facebook Page Descriptions For Some Pages In Italy?
... are being prompted to add an “impressum” — or a legally mandated statement of the ownership and authorship of a document — to their page descriptions. ...

In the recent transition, the Scripting News feed lost its descriptions. Fixed. ;-)
In the latest transition on "Scripting News" a bug appeared that caused my feed to lose its descriptions on new posts. This has now been fixed. ...

META Description - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
www.seroundtable.com/archives/016691.html

Wii U GamePad to PC Controller - Download in Description - YouTube
Download: http://lhite.com/wiiu/GamePadtoPC.rar Follow the readme.txt closely! This requires a bit of technical know-how to get working. For ...

Glenn O’Brien’s Ideal Job Description
It takes flair and a certain amount of years in the media business to execute the following maneuver , during an informal job interview, with ...

A good description
A good, personal description of one form of what we put under the umbrella label of "depression": Having anxiety & depression is like being ...

The NYT description of NYC in August quotes "The Great Gatsby."
From "New York Today: Empty City" : But in the winding-down of summer, the city moves at a slower pace, and the lazy days of August can be quite ...

An Angel Investor's Job Description
Being an angel investor has a certain cache. You’re sought after by entrepreneurs and assess the value of their ideas. You choose whether or ...

This Neural Network's Hilariously Bad Image Descriptions Are Still Advanced AI
When will a neural network know who Donald Trump is? How long until one can come up with a joke on its own? How about recognize Yoda? Read more... ...