DNSSEC in Europe

Does anyone have any DNServers which comply with DNSSEC and are in Europe?

--
Alan Cameron

0
Alan
10/5/2009 7:25:23 PM
grc.dns 1176 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Alan Cameron" <alan.cameron@iname.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have any DNServers which comply with DNSSEC and are in Europe?
>
> --
> Alan Cameron

Not much direct info on the question asked but most of the latest
developments seem to be here.
http://www.surfnet.nl/en/nieuws/Pages/DNSSEC.aspx

http://dnssec.blogspot.com/
http://www.dnssec-deployment.org/

0
Futuristic
10/5/2009 8:08:54 PM
Alan Cameron schreef:
> Does anyone have any DNServers which comply with DNSSEC and are in Europe?

Testing now (from The Netherlands).

--
Dirk Engelage
to the house of a friend the road is never long
Alan Cameron wrote:

> Does anyone have any DNServers which comply with DNSSEC and are in Europe?

Here is at least a big list of secured domains:

"This list is updated a few minutes after each change and the whole zone
is rechecked daily between 12pm and 4am CE(D)T."

<https://www.iks-jena.de/leistungen/dnssec.php>

Carsten
0
Carsten
10/5/2009 8:54:51 PM
Carsten Hiller wrote:
> Alan Cameron wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have any DNServers which comply with DNSSEC and are in Europe?
>
> Here is at least a big list of secured domains:
>
> "This list is updated a few minutes after each change and the whole zone
> is rechecked daily between 12pm and 4am CE(D)T."
>
> <https://www.iks-jena.de/leistungen/dnssec.php>
>
> Carsten

Wow, awesome information about DNSSEC here:

Overview about 25839 secured domains Count Source Description
35  DNSKEY unreachable and no parent: dead?
246 DNSKEY unreachable, parent signature found
0  unclassified new entry, DNSKEY retrieved
6759 DNSKEY found but no parent => Secury Entry Point
142  DNSKEY found but chain is broken
18657  DNSKEY found and signed by parent
0
Eric

DNS? What DNS?
This has never happened before and in light light of this morning's news about the DDOS I was wondering if it is just my machine or if something else is going on. Background: A firewall on one of my machines blocked IE from getting to the net. I wanted to trace where it was planning to go to (207.188.24.150)to figure out if this was just XP again or something else. I tried Neo Trace and PC Helps "Net Tracer" but neither can track it. All I get is "undetermined" or "timed out" Robin In article <3DB714A2.7050902@twcny.rr.com>, omeru...

DNSSEC or No DNSSEC
Steve, I really do not know if this is right or wrong but... If I take the default list of servers when it complete the verification there are 4 dead ones. If I turn on DNSSEC and the verification is re-run then when that completes there are 19 (the largest number I have seen) dead nameservers. The number does appear to vary from 8 to 19 and sometimes it changes anything up to a minute or so after the verification says its complete. But I do not have any accurate timings on that. I was under the impression that this was just a test to see if they supported DNSSEC (have ...

DNS UP
Hi We are running 2 BM (3.8) Proxies and until today they have been operating reasonably well. Today we have started getting a lot of 504 errors on workstations using either both servers, looking at the proxy DNS page (on both servers) the DNS links are continually going up and down (like our internet) We have 3 DNS servers entered 2 external and 1 internal. I have tested from outside the BM Servers $and know the 2 external DNS servers are working fine (also no one else who use our provider have an issue). The internal DNS also seems fime. We have not made any changes to th...

DNSSEC for the DNS problems ???
</quot> Too many times over the last few weeks, you heard that the real answer to all the DNS problems is DNSSEC. I decided to give it a try, and signed the dshield.org zone. DNSSEC is not exactly used very widely, and it is very possible that we will be running into some problems. If you experience any issues, please let us know (via isc.sans.org ;-) ). For most users, this will not change anything. It only matters if your resolver or your web browser actually verifies DNSSEC signature. Expect a few changes to our dshield.org zone while I experiment. http://www.dshield....

DNS failure in Europe?
www.pi.be can you get there? --� Best regards, S|D UTC + 2:00 SystemDrive.be <SystemDrive.be@[nospam]tiscali.be> wrote: > www.pi.be can you get there? Actually, this newsgroup is for discussing Steve's DNS project. Your question is more appropriate in grc.techtalk, or grc.security.software, where everyone else asks this question. -- Robert grc.com forum FAQ - http://grc.com/discussions.htm grc.com forum quick reference - http://grc.com/nntpquickref.htm grc.com forum disclaimer - http://grc.com/forumdisclaimer.htm grc.com privacy statement - http://grc.com/pr...

Some Interesting DNS Stuff (DNSSEC)

broken dnssec on dns-ok??
http://dnssec-debugger.verisignlabs.com/www.dns-ok.us No DS records found for dns-ok.us in the us zone -- I am a fictional character, and I don't mean anything I say. T. Sparrow wrote: > http://dnssec-debugger.verisignlabs.com/www.dns-ok.us > > No DS records found for dns-ok.us in the us zone Broken? yes, of course. The FBI released such addresses. -- Mark Cross @ 07/18/2012 3:26 p.m. UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things. On 18/07/12 20:28, Mark Cross wrote: > T. Spa...

DNS root move to DNSSEC speeded up
Original article in Dutch: http://webwereld.nl/nieuws/59245/gehele-dns-root-versneld-over-op-dnssec.html#source=newsletter links from there: http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/releases/dnssec_060309.html http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-2-03jun09-en.htm FU to grc.techtalk -- Dirk Engelage to the house of a friend the road is never long ...

DNSSEC and DNS Reply Size Tester
Hi, Via -> http://labs.ripe.net/content/testing-your-resolver-dns-reply-size-issues Backstory at: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/13/dnssec/ Yes, I know it's the register but they have a good write up on the topic and if you can ignore the FUD then the information is there. Kind Regards Simon "Simon Zerafa" <simon@*no-spam*.pc-technical.co.uk> wrote in message news:hq46ht$qns$1@news.grc.com... > Hi, > > Via -> > http://labs.ripe.net/content/testing-your-resolver-dns-reply-size-issues > > Backstory at: > ...

NetWare DNS & EDNS/DNSSEC support?
Just checking, but is there anything that needs to be configured on NetWare DNS to enable pass-through of EDNS/DNSSEC queries? I'm running NW65SP8 with the latest DNS patches, and running a test suggests that the server doesn't forward EDNS queries. With the roleout of DNSSEC to the roots in a week, I wanted to make sure this wouldn't be an issue. I've already tweaked my firewall and a secondary Win2k3 DNS server to handle this. Thanks! -- jkinard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hi there, I have the same ne...

DNS not forwarding to other dns servers
We had a problem the other day when we lost power on our external DNS server. Users out on the internet were not able to hit our website and do any resolutions to our Secure VPN gateway. When we used the URL address for the website it would not resolve. When we used the VPN Client it would not resolve the name to an address to access the VPN. If we used the IP address it would work. I was under the impression if my dns server went down anyone trying to resolve address to my domain would get the resolution from their DNS server since this information was cached in their DNS Server....

Novell DNS with W2K DNS
HI, I have to setup and AD in our NetWare 5.1 environment. DNS service are hosted by Netware server. AD needs a DNS server. Can I use the Netware DNS or I need to configure a new W2K DNS? Since AD need to register specific records in DNS. If you have any good documents or links about that I will appreciate. Thanks in advance Dany Some of my clients are in the same boat. The configuration that seems to work best for them is to have the MS DNS running to handle the AD stuff. Also run the Novell DNS pointing to the MS DNS as the authoritative source. Have the ...

DNS Forwarders to Microsoft DNS
We have 80% of our network on Novell Netware and use DHCP and DNS on Novell servers. Recently there have been implementations of Microsoft Active Directory installations and we were told that Microsoft does not support Novell DNS and we are therefore having to keep a Microsoft DNS. I have set a forwarder on my DNS server that points to the IP address of my Windows 2003 server and thought that if the Novell DNS could not reply it would be forwarded to the Win2003 DNS, it isn't working though, any ideas? Mark We have 4 Novell DNS servers and I have just not...

Mozilla Europe and Mozilla in Europe
This has been communicated to MozCamp Berlin attendees and Mozilla employees via email, but this should be public, so here it is). << Last week-end at the EU MozCamp in Berlin we shared plans for further focusing and expanding Mozilla efforts in Europe - and we thought you might be interested to know what we said. Mozilla has been widely successful in Europe. The Mozilla Mission resonates especially well with Europeans. The user base of Firefox and Thunderbird is very high, and Firefox is a well understood part of mainstream life. What many of us don't realize is that w...

Web resources about - DNSSEC in Europe - grc.dns

DNSSEC - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on DNSSEC from TechWorld

Internet Society tries to serve ‘Net providers tasty IPv6-and-DNSSEC salad
These broccoli technologies are very good for your network's immune system

DNSSEC protocol to plant security at Net's roots
The protocol will guarantee the authenticity of the mechanism that converts human-friendly Internet addresses to the IP numeric address system. ...

A Report on ICANN 43: New gTLDs and DNSSEC
The Internet's governing body, The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, holds three public meetings per year to discuss how ICANN ...

Comcast Finishes DNSSEC Rollout
Not only is Comcast taking the lead on IPv6 deployment, as we've noted in the past they're also taking the lead on DNSSEC upgrades. The security ...

New Sandia DNSSEC Visualization Tool Simplifies DNS Security for IT Managers
NEWS ANALYSIS: Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSECs), which have been mandated for all .gov sites and are moving into the commercial ...

The Irony of Comcast's DNSSEC Rollout
An interesting story on VentureBeat points out the folly of Comcast who recently rolled out an upgrade across its network that is at odds with ...

Why you need to deploy DNSSec now
Putting off updating your DNS servers to DNSSec? Do you really want to risk cache poisoning? DNS luminary Cricket Liu tells about the risks and ...

Will 2012 be the dawn of DNSSEC?
Will 2012 be the year when U.S. retailers, banks and content providers finally bolster their DNS systems with an add-on security measure that ...

DNSSEC gains traction – Q&A about why you should care
Swedish hosting provider Binero has announced that it has DNSSEC -signed all of its customers’ .se domains. This brings the total amount of signed ...