DNSB Status Update Update #3

Gang...

I'm hoping that the trouble with our beloved news server is
already behind me.  I guess we'll know if it continues behaving
for an unbroken week or two.  But it DID just survive a massive
parallel unsolicited 16-connection XOVER test without choking
(see grc.news.feedback) so it does look like we may be okay
moving forward.  :)

--/--

I'm going to knock off for the day to workout and get away from
this keyboard for a few hours.  But I'll be back with some more
DNSB updates tomorrow (Thursday) and working HARD to get DNSB
put back to bed.... with everyone's help here!  :)

Steve.  Working on: GRC's DNS project pages.
        https://www.grc.com/dns/dns.htm
0
Steve
8/4/2010 10:17:49 PM
grc.dns 1176 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 8/4/2010 5:17 PM, Steve Gibson wrote:
> Gang...
>
> I'm hoping that the trouble with our beloved news server is
> already behind me.  I guess we'll know if it continues behaving
> for an unbroken week or two.

Uh, you came up as a triple post here,
8397. 8400, 8402. ;)

   But it DID just survive a massive
> parallel unsolicited 16-connection XOVER test without choking
> (see grc.news.feedback) so it does look like we may be okay
> moving forward.  :)

Something NE of Sacramento just off west side
of route 80? Where's google street view? ;)

> I'm going to knock off for the day to workout and get away from
> this keyboard for a few hours.  But I'll be back with some more
> DNSB updates tomorrow (Thursday) and working HARD to get DNSB
> put back to bed.... with everyone's help here!  :)

Good idea, fine tuning can wait a few days.

0
NT
8/4/2010 10:24:42 PM
On 8/4/2010 6:24 PM, NT Canuck wrote:
> Uh, you came up as a triple post here,
> 8397. 8400, 8402. ;)

Yeah, server seemed to have suffered a small hiccup.  Something I posted
came up twice because I thought it didn't go thru the first time.  I
presume this happened because of Steve's massive test.

Anyhow, no worries.  Working now at least ;)

JJ
0
JuicyJ
8/4/2010 10:27:32 PM
On 8/4/2010 5:27 PM, JuicyJ wrote:

> On 8/4/2010 6:24 PM, NT Canuck wrote:
>> Uh, you came up as a triple post here,
>> 8397. 8400, 8402. ;)
>
> Yeah, server seemed to have suffered a small hiccup. Something I posted
> came up twice because I thought it didn't go thru the first time. I
> presume this happened because of Steve's massive test.

I blame it all on the waving of goats and chickens
over keyboards going on in grc.techtalk. ;)

> Anyhow, no worries. Working now at least ;)

Yup, close enough for now. ;)

0
NT
8/4/2010 10:36:06 PM
On 8/4/2010 6:36 PM, NT Canuck wrote:
> I blame it all on the waving of goats and chickens
> over keyboards going on in grc.techtalk. ;)

waving chicken over keyboard as we speak.... although he's no longer kickin'

mmmm that's good :)
0
JuicyJ
8/4/2010 10:51:02 PM
[for the unabridged version, see NT Canuck's post above]

> Uh, you came up as a triple post here, 8397. 8400, 8402. ;)

Yes.  On a hunch I have also cranked UP the priority of the main
INND daemon so that *it* will be able to get any cycles it might
need.  So... we'll see.  :)

Steve.  Working on: GRC's DNS project pages.
        https://www.grc.com/dns/dns.htm
0
Steve
8/4/2010 10:59:05 PM
> I blame it all on the waving of goats and chickens
> over keyboards going on in grc.techtalk. ;)

No goats, just some R.I.T.A. devices

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2321.txt

0
ObiWan

Updates Updates Updates #3
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Updates Updates Updates Comments: Seems like every time I open the program there is a wait period while some new arcane update gets installed. I have enjoyed and advocated firefox for a good while, but the update thing is really starting to bug me. Doubtless I could simply change the settings to accept the updates or not notify me or something similar - but I CAN'T BE ASSED. I'd have to consider this for more than 30 seconds and as we've already seen I CAN'T BE ASSED. Please make this less annoying in return for which I promis...

updates, updates, updates, NO MORE!
Name: Andreas Email: unbekanntatjokerdotms Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates, NO MORE! Comments: Hi ! if you want to develop a fine webbrowser, maybe you nee a new management. To release a new buggy version every two weeks is not very professional. Test your software before the release and let the user download a stable browser. this update-orgy since 2.0.0 used me to use Opera instead of FF. We haved use FF in our Company, but we can't deploy a new version every week to +200 Windows-clients, so in our company we've decided to return to IE, ...

Updates, updates and more updates
Name: pirhan Email: pirhan_chanathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Updates, updates and more updates Comments: Hello, Normally I use Safari, but my iBook is out of commission for a while. So, I am forced to use a PC to which I would much rather use Firefox than Internet Exploder. However, as much I enjoy not using a Microsoft product, and use a product that works decently, I am severely annoyed about the constant updates I am put through. In the last two days, I had to wait for Firefox to install updates before I could browse and now, I'm alerted that there'...

Updates Updates Updates
I was a big fan of Firefox.. Now, I don't even like to use it. Seems like every time I start it up I have to update some addin OR the browser itself. And unfortunately the update nag messages are always presented when I start a browsing session. I find this annoying because, typically, when I open a web browser all I want to do is go to a web page. Not update the browser. I can agree that staying current with the latest version could give the best, fastest, safest web experience. But that point becomes mute when I start off every other browsing session with a new update. And mos...

DNSB Status Update Update
Gang... I'm hoping that the trouble with our beloved news server is already behind me. I guess we'll know if it continues behaving for an unbroken week or two. But it DID just survive a massive parallel unsolicited 16-connection XOVER test without choking (see grc.news.feedback) so it does look like we may be okay moving forward. :) --/-- I'm going to knock off for the day to workout and get away from this keyboard for a few hours. But I'll be back with some more DNSB updates tomorrow (Thursday) and working HARD to get DNSB put back to bed.... with ...

updates, updates, updates
Holy Crap, Batman! You'd think I was running Windows XP and it's patch Tuesday. So far this week - new kernel (2.6.27.10), 2 new browsers (Opera 9.63 and Firefox 3.05) and a new plugin (Flash 10.0.156.3). I'm about ready to try one od the BSD's! vince wrote: > Holy Crap, Batman! You'd think I was running Windows XP and it's patch > Tuesday. > > So far this week - new kernel (2.6.27.10), 2 new browsers (Opera 9.63 > and Firefox 3.05) and a new plugin (Flash 10.0.156.3). I'm about ready > to try one od the BSD's! I take ...

updates, updates, updates
Name: hans jensen Email: hansjensen44_athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates Comments: why is it everytime i go online firefox has new updates, 3 -4 times every day, its never ending..........whats all the problems??? please email me and let me know, ty,.........Hans Jensen Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

DNSB Status Update Update #2
Gang... I'm hoping that the trouble with our beloved news server is already behind me. I guess we'll know if it continues behaving for an unbroken week or two. But it DID just survive a massive parallel unsolicited 16-connection XOVER test without choking (see grc.news.feedback) so it does look like we may be okay moving forward. :) --/-- I'm going to knock off for the day to workout and get away from this keyboard for a few hours. But I'll be back with some more DNSB updates tomorrow (Thursday) and working HARD to get DNSB put back to bed.... with ...

DNSB Status Update #3
Gang... In preparation for tomorrow's podcast, I'm briefly suspending work on DNSB until I'm on the other side of the podcast production. (I also just brought up an experimental modification to GRC's news server which removes the resource intensive client-side XOVER command from the 'nnrpd' command vocabulary. More is posted in grc.news & grc.news.feedback.) Once this week's podcast is behind me I'm going to push to get my short list of DNSB changes finalized so that you guys can test the result and we can put this back to bed, update ...

updates,updates, updates,etc.
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: updates,updates, updates,etc. Comments: I am so fed up with all these gd updates I COULD SCREAM! Why can't you get it right and stay with it for a while. Between you guys and MSFT you drive me nuts. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Updates updates updates #2
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Updates updates updates Comments: I love Firefox, but it seems EVERY day there is some sort of updates to download before it will open. You need to figure out a way Firefox can open when asked to do so and update in the background and apply the updates on the next restart. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide on...

Update Update
Name: John Oswell Email: serviceatwinntecdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Update Update - endless updates Comments: I think it's great you update the product but I'm starting to think this product is more prone to attack and instability by the number of updates i get inflicted with. Quite honestly on the Windows platform you're going to need to convince me that the Firefox browser is "better" than IE8 - my default browser (ff right now) I'm probably going to revert - endless intrusive updates for Firefox is getting very tiring. At least MS (I'm ...

update not updating
Here is the update command. When I eco back the info that should be updated in the message box I get the original info that was in the row. There is no error message just nothing gets updated. Any help would be greatly appreciated Bryan Private Sub dgAssessment_UpdateCommand(ByVal source As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs) Handles dgAssessment.UpdateCommand Dim key As String = dgAssessment.DataKeys(e.Item.ItemIndex).ToString() Dim Description, Active As String Dim tb As TextBox Dim ddl As Drop...

UPDATE or not to UPDATE....
This may seem really trivial (which in case should be easy to answer) otherwise bear with me! if i didnt want my UPDATE query to run say based on the fact that some text boxes were empty hw do i tell the command object to stop writintg the Data to the database table e.g. in my application if 3 textboxes are not empty then the UPDATE query will execute and will update the fields in the database. but if the textboxes are empty then how do i not execute the query??see my code below for further info:private void Submit_DatabaseDates(){if (Txt_Cal1StDate.Text == "" || Txt_Cal2EnDate.Text == "" |...

Web resources about - DNSB Status Update Update #3 - grc.dns

Statue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A small statue, usually small enough to be picked up, is called a statuette or figurine . The definition of a statue is not always clear-cut; ...

Statue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A small statue, usually small enough to be picked up, is called a statuette or figurine . The definition of a statue is not always clear-cut; ...

Qantas sheds junk status - AdelaideNow Search Search
QANTAS has finally shed its junk credit rating from Standard & Poor's. THE ratings agency slashed the airline's credit rating to junk status ...

Qantas sheds junk status
QANTAS has finally shed its junk credit rating from Standard & Poor's.

Jenny McCarthy thinks she should've been told about Charlie Sheen's HIV status
Earlier this week, actor Charlie Sheen announced he has been HIV-positive for four years. His former Two and a Half Men co-star Jenny McCarthy ...

Charlie Sheen will reveal his HIV-positive status in a ‘Today Show’ interview
... past week, and then on Monday, the confirmation came: Charlie Sheen is the one. Charlie Sheen is HIV positive and he will reveal his HIV status ...

3 Things We’ve Learned About How Demographics, Credit Scores & Marital Status Affect Your Car Insurance ...
... that many insurers are basing your insurance quotes on data points that have nothing to do with driving, like your credit score, marital status, ...

CNN suspends reporter for 'Statue of Liberty bows head in anguish' tweet after anti-refugee vote
... Elise Labott’s tweet didn’t single out a political party. It simply said , “House passes bill that could limit Syrian refugees. Statue of Liberty ...

Martin Sheen Says Family Encouraged Charlie Sheen to Announce HIV Status
Charlie Sheen couldn't be more proud of his son, Charlie Sheen, following Charlie's revelation that he's HIV positive.

David Ortiz's Iconic Status In Boston Extends Beyond The Playing Field
The most significant moment of David Ortiz's Red Sox career didn't come on the field, but rather when he spoke for the entire city of Boston ...