DNSB Status Update Update #2

Gang...

I'm hoping that the trouble with our beloved news server is
already behind me.  I guess we'll know if it continues behaving
for an unbroken week or two.  But it DID just survive a massive
parallel unsolicited 16-connection XOVER test without choking
(see grc.news.feedback) so it does look like we may be okay
moving forward.  :)

--/--

I'm going to knock off for the day to workout and get away from
this keyboard for a few hours.  But I'll be back with some more
DNSB updates tomorrow (Thursday) and working HARD to get DNSB
put back to bed.... with everyone's help here!  :)

Steve.  Working on: GRC's DNS project pages.
        https://www.grc.com/dns/dns.htm
0
Steve
8/4/2010 10:15:22 PM
grc.dns 1176 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Updates updates updates #2
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Updates updates updates Comments: I love Firefox, but it seems EVERY day there is some sort of updates to download before it will open. You need to figure out a way Firefox can open when asked to do so and update in the background and apply the updates on the next restart. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide on...

DNSB Status Update Update
Gang... I'm hoping that the trouble with our beloved news server is already behind me. I guess we'll know if it continues behaving for an unbroken week or two. But it DID just survive a massive parallel unsolicited 16-connection XOVER test without choking (see grc.news.feedback) so it does look like we may be okay moving forward. :) --/-- I'm going to knock off for the day to workout and get away from this keyboard for a few hours. But I'll be back with some more DNSB updates tomorrow (Thursday) and working HARD to get DNSB put back to bed.... with ...

Updates, updates and more updates
Name: pirhan Email: pirhan_chanathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Updates, updates and more updates Comments: Hello, Normally I use Safari, but my iBook is out of commission for a while. So, I am forced to use a PC to which I would much rather use Firefox than Internet Exploder. However, as much I enjoy not using a Microsoft product, and use a product that works decently, I am severely annoyed about the constant updates I am put through. In the last two days, I had to wait for Firefox to install updates before I could browse and now, I'm alerted that there'...

Updates Updates Updates
I was a big fan of Firefox.. Now, I don't even like to use it. Seems like every time I start it up I have to update some addin OR the browser itself. And unfortunately the update nag messages are always presented when I start a browsing session. I find this annoying because, typically, when I open a web browser all I want to do is go to a web page. Not update the browser. I can agree that staying current with the latest version could give the best, fastest, safest web experience. But that point becomes mute when I start off every other browsing session with a new update. And mos...

updates, updates, updates
Name: hans jensen Email: hansjensen44_athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates Comments: why is it everytime i go online firefox has new updates, 3 -4 times every day, its never ending..........whats all the problems??? please email me and let me know, ty,.........Hans Jensen Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

updates, updates, updates
Holy Crap, Batman! You'd think I was running Windows XP and it's patch Tuesday. So far this week - new kernel (2.6.27.10), 2 new browsers (Opera 9.63 and Firefox 3.05) and a new plugin (Flash 10.0.156.3). I'm about ready to try one od the BSD's! vince wrote: > Holy Crap, Batman! You'd think I was running Windows XP and it's patch > Tuesday. > > So far this week - new kernel (2.6.27.10), 2 new browsers (Opera 9.63 > and Firefox 3.05) and a new plugin (Flash 10.0.156.3). I'm about ready > to try one od the BSD's! I take ...

updates, updates, updates, NO MORE!
Name: Andreas Email: unbekanntatjokerdotms Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates, NO MORE! Comments: Hi ! if you want to develop a fine webbrowser, maybe you nee a new management. To release a new buggy version every two weeks is not very professional. Test your software before the release and let the user download a stable browser. this update-orgy since 2.0.0 used me to use Opera instead of FF. We haved use FF in our Company, but we can't deploy a new version every week to +200 Windows-clients, so in our company we've decided to return to IE, ...

DNSB Status Update Update #3
Gang... I'm hoping that the trouble with our beloved news server is already behind me. I guess we'll know if it continues behaving for an unbroken week or two. But it DID just survive a massive parallel unsolicited 16-connection XOVER test without choking (see grc.news.feedback) so it does look like we may be okay moving forward. :) --/-- I'm going to knock off for the day to workout and get away from this keyboard for a few hours. But I'll be back with some more DNSB updates tomorrow (Thursday) and working HARD to get DNSB put back to bed.... with ...

Update not updating #2
I hope some can tell me what I am doing wrong. I am getting System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: No value given for one or more required parameters. I have tried checking to see if the data from the textbox is being retrieved/received. This code has no problem getting data from the database. I am use access and vb and the fields in the db that I ‘m trying to update are called causes1, causes2, causes3. Being new to asp.net I’m not sure what to look for. My error is coming from the line of code with this is it rowsAffected = cmd.ExecuteNonQuery Thank You Michael ...

Update not Updating #2
Hi all, I seem to be having a small issue updating a record using the Parameters.Add way but it seems to work with the old style of using apostrophes. Here's the update code: ---------------------------- Sub DataGrid_Update(source As Object, e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs) ' get the edit text boxes Dim newsID As String = CType(e.Item.Cells(0).Controls(0), TextBox).Text Dim newsTitle As String = CType(e.Item.Cells(1).Controls(0), TextBox).Text Dim myConnection As New OleDbConnection(ConnectionString) Dim UpdateCommand As Ol...

Update not updating #2
Basically I'm trying to use these new  2.0 features but not having success although the thing doesn't break.  The command .Update() appears to work but nothing is changed. The code elements are below: <code> <!-- ************************************************************************ --> Sub Update(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DetailsViewUpdateEventArgs)Try      SpecificJOB.Update()Catch except As Exception      Label1.Text = except.ToStringEnd Try    ...

DNSB Status Update #2
Gang... I have completed all of the code for the next round -- adding full support for the /auto mode UI-free operation, intelligent sensing & handling of loss of connectivity during the benchmark run, and logging both no connectivity and loss-of-connectivity events appropriately during /auto mode. However... I was able to get *zero* thorough testing done before my coding day needed to end, and tomorrow we're at podcast day once again. So I don't expect to have the chance to get back to work on it until first thing Thursday morning. At that point, however, I...

Update Update
Name: John Oswell Email: serviceatwinntecdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Update Update - endless updates Comments: I think it's great you update the product but I'm starting to think this product is more prone to attack and instability by the number of updates i get inflicted with. Quite honestly on the Windows platform you're going to need to convince me that the Firefox browser is "better" than IE8 - my default browser (ff right now) I'm probably going to revert - endless intrusive updates for Firefox is getting very tiring. At least MS (I'm ...

updates,updates, updates,etc.
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: updates,updates, updates,etc. Comments: I am so fed up with all these gd updates I COULD SCREAM! Why can't you get it right and stay with it for a while. Between you guys and MSFT you drive me nuts. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Web resources about - DNSB Status Update Update #2 - grc.dns

Statue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A small statue, usually small enough to be picked up, is called a statuette or figurine . The definition of a statue is not always clear-cut; ...

Statue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A small statue, usually small enough to be picked up, is called a statuette or figurine . The definition of a statue is not always clear-cut; ...

GFC losses led to no tax status for foreign banks
Frustrated companies responded to the release of their tax information by highlighting legitimate reasons for having paid little or no tax last ...

Daily News cover cartoon shows Trump beheading Statue of Liberty
As criticism of his proposed ban on Muslim entries grows, New York Daily News is publishing cover portraying GOP front-runner beheading Lady ...

What a Facebook status can teach us about Islamophobia
Last week a school vice-principal almost lost his job over a Facebook status commenting on the dangers of white &quot;Christian&quot; men with ...

Typhoon Nona: NDRRMC on red alert status
CNN Typhoon Nona: NDRRMC on red alert status CNN Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) — After Typhoon Nona (international name: Melor) made landfall ...

Facebook Adds Offline News Feed To Mobile App So You’ll Never Miss Another Baby Photo, Gym Status Again ...
You’re trapped on the subway, and the panic sets in: what is that high school acquaintance doing today? Is he/she going to the gym and THEN the ...

ALEC Vs. The Energy Status Quo
The stale fights and self-defeating “environmentalists” of today are impediments to progress

'Clash Of Clans' Update From Supercell Adds A Personal Break Status Window And Winter Theme
"Clash Of Clans" fans that are annoyed by the Town Hall 11 personal break timer will love this optional update. Learn what the patch means for ...

Web status code tells you when sites are censored
With a few exceptions, web status codes are meant to indicate errors. A 404 page shows up when you tried to reach content that wasn't found, ...