performance monitor

Hi,

I can't find performance monitor in Interbase XE install.
It,s not in IBConsole. Where can I find it?
0
Mikael
1/14/2012 1:23:56 PM
embarcadero.interbase.sql 224 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Mikael Nilsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't find performance monitor in Interbase XE install.
> It,s not in IBConsole. Where can I find it?

Yes it is, right click on the database node you want to monitor and performance
monitor will be one of the options in the menu.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
Jeff Overcash wrote:
> Yes it is, right click on the database node you want to monitor and performance
> monitor will be one of the options in the menu.

Note that you have to connect to the database first. Another way to get
to Performance is to select the database node, then select Database |
Performance Monitor.
0
quinn

Interbase Performance Monitor Tabs
What is the "memory: current" field in the Database tab of the Interbase Performance Monitor? Why is it negative with only the collector and the interbase performance (just) attached to the database? Where can I get detailed explanations for the tabs in the Interbase Performance Monitor? Please, advise Mike Norayr Monjian wrote: > What is the "memory: current" field in the Database tab of the Interbase Performance Monitor? Why is it negative with only the collector and the interbase performance (just) attached to the database? > > Where can I get detaile...

SQL Anywhere and NT Performance Monitor
Please excuse any repetition. I've seen and read a number of past postings on this issue, but still have not been able to resolve the problem. I'm running SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 on NT 4.0 SP5 and cannot get the SQL Anywhere object to show up in NT's Performance Monitor. I've followed advice from solved cases I've read and executed 'unloadctr SQL_Anywhere' followed by 'lodctr sqlactrs.ini'. This has made entries in the registry, but not all of the entries that I've seen referenced, such as close, collect, library, etc. I've also seen referenc...

No SQL AW entries for performance monitor
I've installed SQL Anywhere 5.5 & .04 patches, but can seem to get performance monitor to see the SQL Anywhere entries on an NT Server 4.0 box. Any workarounds? Thanks Scott Syms NS Department of Transportation & Public Works Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada >I've installed SQL Anywhere 5.5 & .04 patches, but can seem to get >performance monitor to see the SQL Anywhere entries on an NT Server 4.0 box. >Any workarounds? It has worked for me, but I can't get to our nt box at the moment to see if there were any setup options I had to choose. ...

Performance Monitor vs performance
Hello, does Sybase Central Performance Monitor affect performance? We've had a problem, the db server was reacting very slow denying almost all of the work of around 100 concurrent users, with throwing all of them out as more users came in. The only major change done was that the Sybase Performance monitor was left to be run overnight, with the following statistics: Packets Sent Packets Received Requests Threads Unscheduled Requests I understand that SC PM queries the server, but could this have a major impact on overall performance? Thanks, Pavel IMO the ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 Performance Monitor
Hi, I've just deployed a SQL Anywhere 5.5/PB6 application and had a question about the performance monitor in Sybase Central. The system is on about 50 machines but there's usually no more than 10 people in at a time. There are no specific performance issues yet as the DB is still quite small but what should I look at in the performance monitor to check that everything's funky? Or what should I keep an eye on as the DB grows? Thanks, Adam. ...

Borland InterBase and SQL Anywhere performance compare?
Could someone compare performance IB and SQL Anywhere? I am especially interesting in embedded SQL API speed. Ivan Detkov ...

Performance monitor and performance counters
I'm trying to figure out why performance counters won't work on my machine. We've got 2 windows 2003 servers, and if I try to access ANY of the performance counter related objects in the System.Diagnostic namespace I get this: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program. at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.AllocHGlobal(IntPtr cb) at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceMonitor.GetData(String item) Of course the call stack is actually larger than that, but the point is right here. The same code works fine on any of our XP or 2000 Pro boxes. Anyone know wha...

SQL Anywhere object not appearing in NT performance monitor
Does anybody have an idea why the SQL Anywhere object is not appearing in NT performance monitor. It doesn't show up in the object drop-down when you add items to the chart. I have re-installed SA 5.0.0.3 from scratch. Does it only work with a later release of SA? Running NT 4.0 with Service Pak 2 ...

Suggest Best T-SQL Performance Monitoring Tool
Hi Folks, I am looking for a freeware (or low cost) monitoring tool that I can use to find performance bottlenecks on ASE. Something that can find issues at the statement level would be ideal. Any suggestions??? Garg If you're running ASE 12.5.0.3 or later, check out the 'MDA tables' feature. This can give pretty much what you need, and it's free (as in: included with ASE). You may need to write a few queries yourself though, but yoou may also download these from www.sypron.nl/mda -- in particular, check out the two Powerpoint presentations from Techwave 2003/2004. ...

Performance Monitor -Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0
We have a C++ application that uses Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0 as the back end. We have enabled performance monitor so that we can analyze some of options available to us for SQL Anywhere 5.0. There are many options like active requests, bytes receive etc. What we are trying to gain from this analysis is confirmation that the database server is sufficient and that we are not overloading/overworking the database server. Can someone please advise me as to some useful measurements, as well as a normal/abnormal range for those measurements? We have 65 workstations all making inserts, updat...

InterBase 7.5.1 Performance Monitor inflates database by 800 % ?
Hello, since we started with Performance Monitor running all the time, we had two cases when the database grew to up to eight times of the usual size. The first increase was from 250 MB to 2 GB within two or three months. When we restored from a backup, the size was back to normal. After about one month, the database increased again in size up to 1 GB. I suspect the Performance Monitor in the standard version of IBConsole, which we have now disabled. Is this a known phenomenon? We will check the database size now frequently to see if disabling the monitor solved the proble...

Performance Monitor Snap-in
I am trying to monitor our ASP.NET web application, running on Windows Server 2003 & IIS 6. When I open the Performance Snap-In, I am unable to select the standard Performance objects I see in Windows 2000 server - namely ASP.NET, ASP.NET Applications, ASP.NET Apps v1.1.4322 and ASP.NET v1.1.4322 Can somebody tell me what's happening? Am I missing something? Thanks...

Establishing a performance baseline re performance Monitors
OK I'm new to this. But I am administering a newly created network of <100 systems using ASA 7.0.2 I would like to set up some monitors to know what the "typical load" during a week is. Which monitors are the most important? Should I use the monitors in the W2K instead? -- Posted via http://dbforums.com ...

SQL monitoring on SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 ?
Hi Is there a way to log all the user intructions SELECT/UPDATE/INSERT/DELETE) received and treated by a SQL Anywhere server ? I would like to make an optimisation based on the real user queries. I don't want to activate the trace on the client PC, because it tends to slow the application too much, and to fill the disk as quickly. Any idea appreciated. Philip ...

Some parser to SQL and parameters for a proper FireDAC SQL Monitor
Hi, I see my questions are not answered. This is my last shot. As I can not compile the demos project about the "Moni" thing, I Will change my question. I am making a tiny SQL Monitor to avoid all problems that FDMonitor.exe produces. So, how is the best way to make a parser to get the SQL statement and the parameters and display all that information on a memo? I was watching carefully uADStanIntf.pas but I can not find any documentation for using it. Regards, with hope... Pablo Romero Cordoba, Argentina > I see my questions are not answered. ...

Web resources about - performance monitor - embarcadero.interbase.sql

Andrew Bogut puts back issues behind him in return performance against Utah Jazz
Andrew Bogut's third double-double of the NBA season shows he is ready for the Christmas Day clash with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Sapphire Readies Nitro R9 Fury: Custom Design and Enhanced Performance
... its own custom printed circuit board. Sapphire claims that the new Nitro R9 Fury will feature enhanced durability and slightly higher performance. ...

Ars Technica’s (virtual) Performance Car of the Year
... coming out of the very slow turns 11 and 12. Brakes could be better. 18 more images in gallery 2015 has been the year of the performance car ...

How Twitter used Doze in Android 6.0 Marshmallow to Improve Notification Performance
... Advocate In October, we published a blog post about how Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) works with Doze in Android 6.0 Marshmallow to bring performance ...

How to make your performance review meaningful
Make your performance review meaningful Image by Thinkstock There's a prevailing opinion that performance reviews aren't the best way to evaluate ...

Wingels evaluates personal performance vs Hawks, reflects on year
... 58° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Wingels evaluates personal performance ...

Deadline’s The Contenders: How The Music In ‘Youth’ Became Such A Vital Part Of Michael Caine’s Performance ...
At Deadline’s big awards season day long event last month , The Contenders Presented By Deadline, Youth composer David Lang explained his process ...

Sony plans to boost battery performance 40 percent by 2020
Sony is planning to commercialize lithium-sulfur batteries by 2020, and promising increases of up to 40% over conventional lithium-ion architectures. ...

Dell XPS 15 Rivals MacBook Pro With Desktop Replacement-Like Performance, Killer Good Looks
Since Michael Dell took his company private in late 2013, the computing giant has been on a proverbial execution tear. Though some may have scoffed ...