performance Monitor

Hi,

Where do I find this product in Interbase XE.
It's not in IBConsole anymore?

/Mikael
0
Mikael
1/16/2012 1:10:07 PM
embarcadero.interbase.general 923 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Mikael Nilsson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Where do I find this product in Interbase XE.
> It's not in IBConsole anymore?
>
> /Mikael

Right click a database in ibconsole. Performance Monitor
should appear in the context menu.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0
> {quote:title=Bill Todd wrote:}{quote}
> Mikael Nilsson wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Where do I find this product in Interbase XE.
> > It's not in IBConsole anymore?
> >
> > /Mikael
>
> Right click a database in ibconsole. Performance Monitor
> should appear in the context menu.

For me, the option is grayed, disabled
Is there something to do in order to activate it ?
Thanks.

> --
> Bill Todd (TeamB)
0
Bruno
2/6/2012 6:52:42 PM
Bruno Marcandella wrote:
>> {quote:title=Bill Todd wrote:}{quote}
>> Mikael Nilsson wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Where do I find this product in Interbase XE.
>>> It's not in IBConsole anymore?
>>>
>>> /Mikael
>> Right click a database in ibconsole. Performance Monitor
>> should appear in the context menu.
>
> For me, the option is grayed, disabled
> Is there something to do in order to activate it ?
> Thanks.

I believe you have to be logged into that database before it becomes active.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
Jeff Overcash wrote:
> I believe you have to be logged into that database before it becomes active.

Jeff is completely correct here.

Note that Performance Monitor is documented starting on page 3-9 of the
InterBase XE Operations Guide manual. In the manual it says to
right-click on the Database Name. Performance Monitor is only available
in the right-click menu after you connect to the database.

Note that you can download a standalone version of Performance Monitor
from http://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/23629
0
quinn

Interbase Performance Monitor Tabs
What is the "memory: current" field in the Database tab of the Interbase Performance Monitor? Why is it negative with only the collector and the interbase performance (just) attached to the database? Where can I get detailed explanations for the tabs in the Interbase Performance Monitor? Please, advise Mike Norayr Monjian wrote: > What is the "memory: current" field in the Database tab of the Interbase Performance Monitor? Why is it negative with only the collector and the interbase performance (just) attached to the database? > > Where can I get detaile...

Performance monitor and performance counters
I'm trying to figure out why performance counters won't work on my machine. We've got 2 windows 2003 servers, and if I try to access ANY of the performance counter related objects in the System.Diagnostic namespace I get this: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program. at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.AllocHGlobal(IntPtr cb) at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceMonitor.GetData(String item) Of course the call stack is actually larger than that, but the point is right here. The same code works fine on any of our XP or 2000 Pro boxes. Anyone know wha...

Performance Monitor vs performance
Hello, does Sybase Central Performance Monitor affect performance? We've had a problem, the db server was reacting very slow denying almost all of the work of around 100 concurrent users, with throwing all of them out as more users came in. The only major change done was that the Sybase Performance monitor was left to be run overnight, with the following statistics: Packets Sent Packets Received Requests Threads Unscheduled Requests I understand that SC PM queries the server, but could this have a major impact on overall performance? Thanks, Pavel IMO the ...

InterBase 7.5.1 Performance Monitor inflates database by 800 % ?
Hello, since we started with Performance Monitor running all the time, we had two cases when the database grew to up to eight times of the usual size. The first increase was from 250 MB to 2 GB within two or three months. When we restored from a backup, the size was back to normal. After about one month, the database increased again in size up to 1 GB. I suspect the Performance Monitor in the standard version of IBConsole, which we have now disabled. Is this a known phenomenon? We will check the database size now frequently to see if disabling the monitor solved the proble...

Performance Monitor Snap-in
I am trying to monitor our ASP.NET web application, running on Windows Server 2003 & IIS 6. When I open the Performance Snap-In, I am unable to select the standard Performance objects I see in Windows 2000 server - namely ASP.NET, ASP.NET Applications, ASP.NET Apps v1.1.4322 and ASP.NET v1.1.4322 Can somebody tell me what's happening? Am I missing something? Thanks...

Establishing a performance baseline re performance Monitors
OK I'm new to this. But I am administering a newly created network of <100 systems using ASA 7.0.2 I would like to set up some monitors to know what the "typical load" during a week is. Which monitors are the most important? Should I use the monitors in the W2K instead? -- Posted via http://dbforums.com ...

General performance
Name: Rodolfo Wetzel Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: General performance Comments: It works fine, specially with zooming sites like chess.com that are difficult with IE (chess pieces are not properly shown). What I really miss, are some add on like cooliris' blue botton to search faster. So I still use the Firefox 2.1 with working compatibilities. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Performance Monitor Again
PLEASE HELP!!! We have a C++ application that uses Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0 as the back end. We have enabled performance monitor so that we can analyze some of options available to us for SQL Anywhere 5.0. There are many options like active requests, bytes receive etc. What we are trying to gain from this analysis is confirmation that the database server is sufficient and that we are not overloading/overworking the database server. Can someone please advise me as to some useful measurements, as well as a normal/abnormal range for those measurements? We have 65 workstations all mak...

performance monitor
Hi, I can't find performance monitor in Interbase XE install. It,s not in IBConsole. Where can I find it? Mikael Nilsson wrote: > Hi, > > I can't find performance monitor in Interbase XE install. > It,s not in IBConsole. Where can I find it? Yes it is, right click on the database node you want to monitor and performance monitor will be one of the options in the menu. -- Jeff Overcash (TeamB) (Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You) And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor I must fear evil. For I am but mort...

performance monitoring
We have moved our database from a slower machine to a faster dual PIII-1Ghz machine and are trying to do some performance tuning. The application is being accessed via Citrix Metaframe XP 1.0 SP1. There are a few times per day when the application seems to really slow down. What we'd like to do is monitor the backend to see if it is a problem with one of our stored procedures or triggers or to see if there is a long running process which could be affecting this. We've already been able to take Citrix out of the mix as it is performaning as it should. Does anyone have any r...

Performance Monitor
What tools are availble with ASA 7 (WinNT) for performance monitoring. We have a system that is getting pegged to 100% CPU utilization, and we're guessing right now it's an adhoc query. Is there a way to see who is doing what on the system at any given time? ASA 8 has a feature which allows you to do this; in ASA 7 it's a bit more cumbersome. In ASA 8, you must first enable capturing of the last statement prepared by each connection by specifying the -zl server command line option or by calling: call sa_server_option('Remember_last_statement','ON&#...

Performance monitoring
Hi, I need CPU performance monitoring. I tried PdhAddCounter.... but Power 2.1 professional can�t link it. any ideas ? best regards Joerg On Tue, 15 Sep 1998 19:44:38 +0200, "Joerg Kuechen" <kuechen@gavitec.de> wrote: >Hi, > >I need CPU performance monitoring. I tried PdhAddCounter.... >but Power 2.1 professional can�t link it. > >any ideas ? > >best regards >Joerg Do you mean you want to profile your application? There is a /et switch for the compiler that is such that it uses Pentium cycle counts to measure how m...

Performance Monitoring
Hi, Could anyone out there recommend any good books, websites etc. for performance tuning of SQL Anywhere 5.5.05, there doesn't seem to be that many books around on SQL Anywhere (unless I'm looking in the wrong place!!). We have a customer who is running SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 Base build no EBF's, on NT4. their database is approx. 9GB in size. We would like to know if anyone has any knowledge/experience which they would like to share in performance tuning on NT. Anything on storing replication or mirrored logs on separate drives or separate computers, getting the most out ...

Performance monitor
Hi Where windows stores "Total pages printed" value which you can check running windows performance monitor (perfmon.exe) and adding a new counter log of print queue. I need this in my application but I can't find in Google. s. I think it's here: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\009] I need to read this value of "Total printed pages" from other computer in the network (like the perfmon does). Any help I appreciate. s. You might have better luck on one of the Microsoft Windows newsgroups. If you can fi...

Web resources about - performance Monitor - embarcadero.interbase.general

Apple updates Logic Pro X & MainStage 3 Mac apps with performance improvements, new features
... is now at version 3.2.3 thanks to its most recent update. Both apps have received a handful of new features, under-the-hood changes, and performance ...

Electric vehicle puts in solid performance in the world’s toughest rally
... but remote and arduous terrain. And this year an electric vehicle called the Acciona 100% EcoPowered put in an extremely credible performance. ...

Even the 'Suicide Squad' director was 'freaked out' by Jared Leto's twisted Joker performance on set
... gifts to cast members — including a dead rat to Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn) and bullets to Will Smith (Deadshot). His transformative performance ...

Suicide Squad: Jared Leto's Ambitious Joker Performance Teased - Collider
Directors David Ayer and Zack Snyder tease the dramatic lengths Jared Leto took for his ambitious performance as The Joker in DC's Suicide Squad. ...

Google to boost compression performance in Chrome 49
Google yesterday announced that a new in-house compression algorithm, dubbed "Brotli," will soon be added to Chrome to speed up page loading ...

Zac Efron Goes Beet Red Reliving His Performance as Snoopy in a 'Charlie Brown' School Musical
The 'Dirty Grandpa' star sat down with Jimmy Kimmel Thursday, where he moonwalked around stage and took a trip down memory lane.

Netflix's Year-End 2015 Performance Shows Timely Strategic Shift
Netflix is turning around its strategic focus, and it may pay off.

Super Bowl 50 venue ranks No. 1 in latest NFL stadium mobile performance study
... problem sharing selfies and posting video from their smartphones. RootMetrics, a Seattle-area company that provides information about the performance ...

‘Suicide Squad’: Zack Snyder And David Ayer On Jared Leto – The Joker Performance Teased
Suicide Squad movie director David Ayer and Batman v. Superman’s Zack Snyder gave an interesting take on what to expect with Jared Leto’s performance. ...