FishFact demo gds32.dll not found in path.. Delphi 2010 & Interbase 2009 v3

I did a search and found two copies of gds32.dll both match version of IBserver 9.0.3.437.

one in windows\system32
the other in codegear\interbase\bin

I get EIBClientError with message 'Interbase library gds32.dll not found in the path'

Please install Interbase to use this functionality'.

But the IB server is installed and is running ???

I even tried turning off my Panda Antivirus software but still get same error message.

The project has compiled and runs but how do I get rid of the error message from popping up ?

I even tried removing instance of gds32.dll from windows\system32 and placing it in project directory
and updating path statement in Tools>>> OPTIONS>>> Library - Win32 >>> Library Path

It worked OK for first try but then it kept giving original error message again and again

was not sure which forum to post in as two programs are involved.

Thanks

Richard
0
Richard
2/28/2010 3:07:47 AM
embarcadero.interbase.general 923 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Richard Caruana wrote:

> I get EIBClientError with message 'Interbase library
> gds32.dll not found in the path'

What statement in your program causes this error?

What data access components are you using?

Can you connect to the database your app uses with isql?

Does the version number of the gds32.dll in the system32
directory match the version number of ibserver.exe exactly?

What version of Windows are you using?

It is difficult to understand how a DLL in system32 cannot
be found since system32 is always searched AFAIK.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0

I had to manually copy gds32.dll to windows\system32

I thought I had checked properly ????

Anyway it seems to be working fine now.\

STRANGE HOW NEW HELP UPGRADE FOR DELPHI  2010 DID NOT MENTION THIS PROBLEM WHEN DOING A SEARCH FOR GDS32.DLL

MAYBE THEY CAN ADD IT TO HELP OR MAKE ANOTHER PATCH FOR IB SMP SERVER 2009

Edited by: Richard Caruana on Mar 2, 2010 3:17 AM
0
Richard
3/2/2010 11:21:36 AM
<Richard Caruana> wrote in message news:219305@forums.codegear.com...
>I found answer here...
> http://support.codegear.com/article/40247
>
> I had to manually copy gds32.dll to windows\system32
>
> I thought I had checked properly ????
>
> Anyway it seems to be working fine now.\
>
> STRANGE HOW NEW HELP UPGRADE FOR DELPHI  2010 DID NOT MENTION THIS PROBLEM
> WHEN DOING A SEARCH FOR GDS32.DLL

Delphi isn't InterBase.

> MAYBE THEY CAN ADD IT TO HELP OR MAKE ANOTHER PATCH FOR IB SMP SERVER 2009
>
> Edited by: Richard Caruana on Mar 2, 2010 3:17 AM

--
With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Database questions? Check the forum:
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com
0
Martijn
3/2/2010 3:46:15 PM
> {quote:title=Richard Caruana wrote:}{quote}
> I did a search and found two copies of gds32.dll both match version of IBserver 9.0.3.437.
>
> one in windows\system32
> the other in codegear\interbase\bin
>
> I get EIBClientError with message 'Interbase library gds32.dll not found in the path'
>
> Please install Interbase to use this functionality'.
>
> But the IB server is installed and is running ???
>
> I even tried turning off my Panda Antivirus software but still get same error message.
>
> The project has compiled and runs but how do I get rid of the error message from popping up ?
>
> I even tried removing instance of gds32.dll from windows\system32 and placing it in project directory
> and updating path statement in Tools>>> OPTIONS>>> Library - Win32 >>> Library Path
>
> It worked OK for first try but then it kept giving original error message again and again
>

> was not sure which forum to post in as two programs are involved.
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard

I Have the same problem, I push the path of the original location of the file "C:\Codegear\Interbase\Bin" in the System Path, reboot the server and work fine.

Dear Embarcadero staff, the installation of interbase SMP 2009, should do this.
0
RAFAEL
7/8/2010 7:45:38 AM
> I Have the same problem, I push the path of the original location of the
> file "C:\Codegear\Interbase\Bin" in the System Path, reboot the server and
> work fine.
>
> Dear Embarcadero staff, the installation of interbase SMP 2009, should do
> this.

The latest IB 2009 service pack (#4) fixes this.

Dan
0
Dan
7/8/2010 10:42:44 PM
RAFAEL SERNA MEDINA wrote:

> I Have the same problem, I push the path of the original location of the file "C:\Codegear\Interbase\Bin" in the System Path, reboot the server and work fine.
>
> Dear Embarcadero staff, the installation of interbase SMP 2009, should do this.

You are exactly correct. As Dan has correctly, this is fixed in Update 4.
0
quinn

gds32.dll not found running FishFact.dproj Delphi 2010 & Interbase DE 2009 [Edit]
I did a search and found two copies of gds32.dll both match version of IBserver 9.0.3.437. one in windows\system32 the other in codegear\interbase\bin I get EIBClientError with message 'Interbase library gds32.dll not found in the path' Please install Interbase to use this functionality'. But the IB server is installed and is running ??? I even tried turning off my Panda Antivirus software but this only provided a temporary solution. Upon rebooting Delphi 2010 and running FishFact.dproj the problem is back again. The project has compiled and runs but how do I ge...

problems with LoadFromFile in Delphi 2009 Win32 & Interbase
I have a application in Delphi 2007 that send a image like Blob data, and this Ok, but the same code in Delphi 2009 the data blob in Interbase is incomplete; how Can I resolve this problem; the code is the next: with SProc do begin StoredProcName:= 'SP_INSERT_IMAGE_DIG'; Prepare; ParambyName('I_IDE_INS_USR_SIS').AsString := 'USR000001A'; ParambyName('I_NUM_REG_CLI').AsString := 'a'; ParambyName('I_IMG_BLOB').LoadFromFile(inputFile+'.zlib',ftBlob); ParambyName('I_IDE_TIP_IMG&#...

dynamical DLL loading in delphi 7 & delphi 2010
Hello, i am loading a DLL dynamical in Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010: [delphi] var hDLL: THandle; pCode: Pointer; type TProcMainEntry = function: TForm; begin hDll := 0; if FileExists(Pfad + vpeDllName) then hDLL := LoadLibrary(PChar(Pfad + vpeDllName)) else SetLastError(2); if hDLL = 0 then RaiseLastOSError; pCode := GetProcAddress(hDLL, PChar(vpeFunction)); if pCode = nil then RaiseLastOSError; Result := TProcMainEntry(pcode)(); [/delphi] in delphi 7 there's a variable filled with data of the main application which used in the...

Migrating Interbase 5.5 to Interbase 2009
Hi , I could not find the answer to my question anywhere hence posting it. I have an a huge application written in Delphi 5.0 with using interbase 5.5 and BDE Links. We could not migrate this earlier due to a host of reasons. We are currently migrating it to Delphi XE / dbExpress.and interbase 2009. I installed Interbase 2009 on a Server , restored the IB 5.5. DB to IB 2009 connected to this DB using the same delphi 5 application. But I did *not* install the IB 2009 client on client PC's. But the application was working fantastic. I want to continue this mode till i...

Interbase 2009 & DBS2006
Interbase 2009 SMP, is it compatible with BDS2006? Not tested by us, but I would shocked if there was a problem as the interface to the client library (gds32.dll) has not changed. EKPINI Arsene Mamert wrote: > Interbase 2009 SMP, is it compatible with BDS2006? ...

Restore from Interbase 2009 to Interbase XE fails [Edit]
Hello, I have restored .ib file to Interbase XE from Interbase 2009 .gbk file. Restore was successful but IBConsole does not let me to open it with error message: "Attempt to execute an unprepared dynamic SQL statement" What could cause this? I did not execute any SQL. I just tried to open the database using IBConsole Please help Thanks Edited by: Vladimir Nelenson on Mar 7, 2012 10:25 AM Vladimir Nelenson wrote: > Hello, > I have restored .ib file to Interbase XE from Interbase 2009 .gbk file. > Restore was successful but IBConsole does not let me to open it w...

[InterBase] How connect by InterBase?
I want to connect to InterBase(DB) with PowerBuilder 6.5 .. Is that possible? but How connect ? If you have PB Desktop, you can't. Else, all you need is an ODBC driver. Using google I quickly located one: http://www.geocities.com/ibdatabase/index.html -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp "Yun Ji Nam" <yunji.nam@technopia.net> wrote in message news:qBqt0TaIBHA.252@forums.sybase.com... > I want to connec...

need Delphi 2010 to control Rohde&S Spectrum Analyzer via R&S C++ DLL
Any help greatly appreciated, will post big how-to description here once problem is cracked, then anybody can control a FSH SA with Delphi. Far as I can tell, nobody has done this before. BTW application is countermeasures against radio controlled roadside bombs, technology is on its way to troops - but this has to get solved first. I need to get a 64 bit Vista laptop to talk to a Rohde and Schwarz FSH4 spectrum analyzer, using an Ethernet cross-connect cable. Communication is via a C/C++ DLL that uses National Instruments VISA software. R&S s/w developers don't support De...

Interbase General Script examples different speed between Interbase and Firebird
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_3b42b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Hello this are the scripts of the captured screens --JivePart=_3b42b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="Actualizaciones.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Actualizaciones.zip" UEsDBBQAAAAIAKuopDxrVeqcLjIAAFU0AQAVAAAAQWN0dWFsaXphY2lvbjA4NjYuc3Fs7X3bkhs3 kui7Iv...

Working in Interbase 7.5 however not in Interbaser 2009 [Edit]
I have been using Firebird for years howerver now I'm employed in a company using Interbase. Our software is written in Delphi 7 and currently we are running with Interbase 7.5 (via DBexpress), however in order to prepare our software to run on Vista we are trying to make it run with Interbase 2009 (Desktop Edition). When we release new versions of our software for our customers it is automatically updateing the database by executing "a bunch" of SQL statements (.e.g "ALTER TABLE", "CREATE TABLE", "CREATE INDEX"). All these statements are runn...

File .gdb from Interbase7.5 and Interbase 2007 to interbase 2009
I have 2 database file(one in Interbase 7.5 and the other in Interbase 2007). To upgrade to interbase 2009 it' s right he follow procedure? 1 - back up of the database in Interbase 7.5 and in interbase 2007; 2- restore in the two databases in Intebase 2009. Thanks. Yep, that's right. Roberto Colpani wrote: > I have 2 database file(one in Interbase 7.5 and the other in Interbase 2007). To upgrade to interbase 2009 it' s right he follow procedure? > 1 - back up of the database in Interbase 7.5 and in interbase 2007; > 2- restore in the two databases in Intebase ...

gds32.dll and interbase.msg locations
It would appear that I can just copy the gds32.dll and interbase.msg files into the same directory as our application and everything works fine. The application is on a Win2008 server. The client computer just has a shortcut to the application. I did not test to see whether an Interbase message would display correctly. (Using Interbase XE) Would some please confirm that this setup will work. Not having to install the two files on every client makes my life a lot easier. Thanks. Stan Walker Stan Walker wrote: > It would appear that I can just copy the gds32.dll and interbase.msg fil...

Delphi 2009 & C Dll
I have a dll with this function extern "C"{ __declspec(dllexport)double GetValue(char *funzione, double incognita); } This is my delphi code procedure TfrmMain.TracciaAssi(); var str: string; addr: Pointer; res: Double; val: Double; proc: function(funzione: Pointer; incognita: Double): Double cdecl {$IFDEF WIN32} stdcall {$ENDIF}; DLLHandle: THandle; begin with desktop do begin Canvas.MoveTo(0, round(frmMain.Height/ 2) - 25); Canvas.LineTo(frmMain.Width, round(frmMain.Height/ 2) - 25); Canvas.MoveTo(r...

Interbase XE gds32.dll version
Hello, in prior versions of interbase i can use gds32.dll of previous version to connect to database of new versions. With interbaseXE if i try to connect using gds32.dll of Interbase 2009, i get that user name or password is not valid. In InterbaseXE is required gds32.dll of InterbaseXE to connect to the database? Regards, Jesus Jesus Garcia wrote: > With interbaseXE if i > try to connect using gds32.dll of Interbase 2009, i get that user name > or password is not valid. Makes sense. XE added SHA-1 hashing and supports longer passwords. So you probably do need t...

Web resources about - FishFact demo gds32.dll not found in path.. Delphi 2010 & Interbase 2009 v3 - embarcadero.interbase.general

Multiversion concurrency control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For instance, a database will implement updates not by deleting an old piece of data and overwriting it with a new one, but instead by marking ...

Open core is not open source
Julie Bort of Networkworld.com has an interview with Mårten Mickos of Eucalyptus , formerly of MySQL. In MySQL times it seemed (to me at least) ...

Almico's Home Page
... my interests and soon. I use to program using Delphi. Anyway: several projects of mine are developedunder Linux using PHP, PostgreSQL, Interbase ...

Sun balances acquisition, innovation
Sun Microsystems tries to make clear at its two-day annual analyst conference that innovation paysyet much of the company's biggest plans today ...

Free Trials - Embarcadero Technologies

Phillipe Kahn
Phillipe Kahn

license-discuss@opensource.org: Threads for May 2005
... May 2005 [2] unsubscribe me [3] Open Software License [3] unsubscribe me please [7] Re: License Wizard [5] For thoughts: fair license [1] InterBase ...

Welcome to dbase
Cust_Ser_Tech_Support web site

DB-Engines Ranking - popularity ranking of database management systems
English Deutsch Knowledge Base of Relational and NoSQL Database Management Systems provided by solid IT Home - DB-Engines Ranking - Systems - ...

DBF Commander Version History
History of DBF Commander - new DBF tools, DBF editor improvements, and bug fixes