Data is missing after restore in interbase XE7 [Edit]

I have migrate Borland interbase 7 to embarcadero interbase XE7 database. I have taken backup file *.ibk using IBConsole and restored into interbase XE7 and successfully restored the database on interbase XE7 database but when i randomly verify data on a tables named "INVENTOR","KITS_BLT","COMMODITY" etc. ,no data found on that tables ,but some tables are having data.

I have included backup log file(https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6723hmo7rxa6n2/backup.txt?dl=0) and restore log files(https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmgvqslr3bj7j0w/restore.txt?dl=0) both are showing INVENTOR having 176206 ,KITS_BLT having 3010579 records,COMMODITY having 15 records.

When i tried to execute simple query on IBconsole Interactive sql window, i got the following error message but when tried to different table it execute query successfully.

Error at line 1
invalid request BLR at offset 128
function F_BLOBSIZE is not defined
module name or entrypoint could not be found
SQL - select * from inventor

I could not understand, why the some tables having data and some have not ? please suggest.

Edited by: Arun Singh on Aug 18, 2015 12:41 AM
0
Arun
8/18/2015 7:42:17 AM
embarcadero.interbase.general 923 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Data is missing after restore in interbase XE7 [Edit] #2
I have migrate Borland interbase 7 to embarcadero interbase XE7 database. I have taken backup file *.ibk using IBConsole and restored into interbase XE7 and successfully restored the database on interbase XE7 database with some warning message but when i randomly verify data on a tables named "INVENTOR","KITS_BLT","COMMODITY" etc. ,no data found on that tables ,but some tables are having data. I have included backup log file(https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6723hmo7rxa6n2/backup.txt?dl=0) and restore log files(https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmgvqslr3bj7j0w/restore.txt?dl=...

Data is missing after restore in interbase XE7
I have migrate Borland interbase 7 to embarcadero interbase XE7 database. I have taken backup file *.ibk using IBConsole and restored into interbase XE7 and successfully restored the database on interbase XE7 database but when i randomly verify data on a tables named "INVENTOR","KITS_BLT","COMMODITY" etc. ,no data found on that tables ,but some tables are having data. I have included backup log file(https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6723hmo7rxa6n2/backup.txt?dl=0) and restore log files(https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmgvqslr3bj7j0w/restore.txt?dl=0) both are showing INVENT...

Restore from Interbase 2009 to Interbase XE fails [Edit]
Hello, I have restored .ib file to Interbase XE from Interbase 2009 .gbk file. Restore was successful but IBConsole does not let me to open it with error message: "Attempt to execute an unprepared dynamic SQL statement" What could cause this? I did not execute any SQL. I just tried to open the database using IBConsole Please help Thanks Edited by: Vladimir Nelenson on Mar 7, 2012 10:25 AM Vladimir Nelenson wrote: > Hello, > I have restored .ib file to Interbase XE from Interbase 2009 .gbk file. > Restore was successful but IBConsole does not let me to open it w...

[InterBase] How connect by InterBase?
I want to connect to InterBase(DB) with PowerBuilder 6.5 .. Is that possible? but How connect ? If you have PB Desktop, you can't. Else, all you need is an ODBC driver. Using google I quickly located one: http://www.geocities.com/ibdatabase/index.html -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp "Yun Ji Nam" <yunji.nam@technopia.net> wrote in message news:qBqt0TaIBHA.252@forums.sybase.com... > I want to connec...

Working in Interbase 7.5 however not in Interbaser 2009 [Edit]
I have been using Firebird for years howerver now I'm employed in a company using Interbase. Our software is written in Delphi 7 and currently we are running with Interbase 7.5 (via DBexpress), however in order to prepare our software to run on Vista we are trying to make it run with Interbase 2009 (Desktop Edition). When we release new versions of our software for our customers it is automatically updateing the database by executing "a bunch" of SQL statements (.e.g "ALTER TABLE", "CREATE TABLE", "CREATE INDEX"). All these statements are runn...

Interbase General Script examples different speed between Interbase and Firebird
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_3b42b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Hello this are the scripts of the captured screens --JivePart=_3b42b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="Actualizaciones.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Actualizaciones.zip" UEsDBBQAAAAIAKuopDxrVeqcLjIAAFU0AQAVAAAAQWN0dWFsaXphY2lvbjA4NjYuc3Fs7X3bkhs3 kui7Iv...

InterBase XE7 performance optimization [Edit]
We're testing InterBase 2009 vs. InterBase XE7 (12.02) and so far I've seen, in general, a performance degradation in our particular case. The time to complete some queries is about 5-10% longer in XE7. I'm wondering if we have something wrong. Are there updated optimization guidelines available beyond the information in the InterBase product docs (the PDFs)? As a side question, in a handful of cases we had been applying a "+0" to numeric columns to bypass problematic indexes (e.g. "WHERE INDEXED_COLUMN + 0 = 1234") -- essentially optimizing the plan. In IB20...

Two Questions About dbExpress & Interbase under XE7 [Edit]
See image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66399228/XE6%20dbExpress%20Files.png Should XE7 have files like these which I have in XE6? See image https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66399228/XE7%20dbExpress%20Error.png When trying to create a new dbExpress connection for Interbase I get this error. Any ideas why? Edited by: Frederick Wilt on Nov 24, 2014 3:30 PM Edited by: Frederick Wilt on Nov 24, 2014 3:31 PM This problem is known to happen when you install for just yourself instead of for all users. Copy the XE6 versions of the files to where XE7 should go to...

Interbase XE3 and Interbase XE
On Embarcadero online shop I see there is the *Interbase XE3 server* and the *Interbase XE server*. What's the difference? Maybe one is 64 bit and the other 32 bit? Thank yow. Roberto Colpani wrote: > On Embarcadero online shop I see there is the *Interbase XE3 server* and the *Interbase XE server*. What's the difference? Maybe one is 64 bit and the other 32 bit? > Thank yow. XE3 is the latest version, XE is the version before it. Both come in both 32 and 64 bit. -- Jeff Overcash (TeamB) (Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You) And so I ...

DBD::Interbase and Interbase Events
Hi all I am trying to implement Interbase synchronous events. From the little documentation that there is on the DBD::Interbase implimentation of IB events I have seen that it is very similar to Delphi. (1) Register your interest and obtain a ref to an event handle. (2) Call ib_wait_event to wait for a synchronous event fired from the database. The problem I am having is when I call $dbh->func($evh, 'ib_wait_event'); it is not waiting and continues through the script. Am I missing something important or is there problems with DBD::Interbase-0.43 and events Regar...

Webinar: Secure data protection with InterBase SMP on December 9th [Edit]
We have a new, free webinar coming up on December 9th that may be of interest if you're building database applications or considering it. You can register at: http://update.codegear.com/forms/AMUSCA0912InterBaseWebinar Here's more information: Developing secure, robust applications requires resilient data protection and robust data management. And one of the best ways to achieve this is through solid software design and database technology that provides strong data encryption and automatic disaster recovery capabilities. We invite you to join secure software and InterBase...

Interbase 2009: Wrong sorting in indexed "data" fields? [Edit]
I have the following issue in Interbase 2009, last updated version (9.0.3.437): the fields of type "data" are not correctly ordered if they are indexed. Look at this example: SET SQL DIALECT 3; SET NAMES NONE; CREATE DATABASE c:\testdata.ib' USER 'SYSDBA' PASSWORD 'masterkey' PAGE_SIZE 16384 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET NONE; CREATE TABLE T_DATA ("INDEX" INTEGER NOT NULL, DATA DATE); ALTER TABLE T_DATA ADD CONSTRAINT PK_T_DATA PRIMARY KEY ("INDEX"); CREATE INDEX "_IDX1" ON T_DATA (DATA); INSERT INTO T_DATA ("INDEX&qu...

Backup-Restore needed when migrating from Interbase 2009 to XE 64-bit? [Edit]
Hi, We want to migrate our database from Interbase 2009 to Interbase XE 64-bit. I have noticed that Interbase XE can connect directly to the file from Interbase 2009 (without backup-restore), but would anyone advice us not to do that? The reason why it would be nice not to have to do backup-restore is 1) that the size of the database grows from around 27 GB to around 34 GB, and 2) the time we have to take down the system for doing this (around 12h) (BTW, it was necessary to run the readmeta.sql found in examples\security in order to be able to get a working DB-file after the backu...

Interbase 2007 and Interbase 2007 SMP
What's the difference between this two products? Roberto Colpani wrote: > What's the difference between this two products? Licensing. Originally IB required an add-on license for > 1 processor. I think the SMP version included 4 processor support. I can't seem to confirm this, though; IB 2009 SMP says it enables 8 processors out of the box. So it's either 4 or 8. Additional processor support is available for an extra charge. -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ ...

Web resources about - Data is missing after restore in interbase XE7 [Edit] - embarcadero.interbase.general

Multiversion concurrency control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For instance, a database will implement updates not by deleting an old piece of data and overwriting it with a new one, but instead by marking ...

Open core is not open source
Julie Bort of Networkworld.com has an interview with Mårten Mickos of Eucalyptus , formerly of MySQL. In MySQL times it seemed (to me at least) ...

Almico's Home Page
... my interests and soon. I use to program using Delphi. Anyway: several projects of mine are developedunder Linux using PHP, PostgreSQL, Interbase ...

Sun balances acquisition, innovation
Sun Microsystems tries to make clear at its two-day annual analyst conference that innovation paysyet much of the company's biggest plans today ...

Free Trials - Embarcadero Technologies

Phillipe Kahn
Phillipe Kahn

license-discuss@opensource.org: Threads for May 2005
... May 2005 [2] unsubscribe me [3] Open Software License [3] unsubscribe me please [7] Re: License Wizard [5] For thoughts: fair license [1] InterBase ...

Welcome to dbase
Cust_Ser_Tech_Support web site

DB-Engines Ranking - popularity ranking of database management systems
English Deutsch Knowledge Base of Relational and NoSQL Database Management Systems provided by solid IT Home - DB-Engines Ranking - Systems - ...

DBF Commander Version History
History of DBF Commander - new DBF tools, DBF editor improvements, and bug fixes