Creating a SQL Server linked server to Interbase using 64 bit SQL Server

Hi,

I am trying to use the data direct odbc driver for interbase to create a linked server in SQL Server 2008 R2 64bit however, SQL Server reports an "Arcitechure Mismatch" between the System DSN and SQL Server. This did work under 32 bit SQL Server.

Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase?

I have tried using the IBProvider trial as well but this fails to work in SQL Server as well.

Our Interbase client(s) and server are all 64 bit installations.

Thank you
0
Julian
10/12/2011 11:24:19 AM
embarcadero.interbase.general 923 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Julian Dawson wrote:

> Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase?

	I think EasySoft has a (commercial, non-free) 64 bit ODBC driver. IB
doesn't ship with one, as far as I know.

--
Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/
> I am trying to use the data direct odbc driver for interbase to create a linked server in SQL Server 2008 R2 64bit however, SQL Server reports an "Arcitechure Mismatch" between the System DSN and SQL Server. This did work under 32 bit SQL Server.
>
> Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase?

If there is none, you could try the Firebird ODBC driver, which is
available as 32-bit and 64-bit version.
http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/odbc-driver/

Although I don't know if the driver works with InterBase.

--
With regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer

* Upscene Productions - Database Tools for Developers
http://www.upscene.com/

* My Blog
http://blog.upscene.com/thomas/index.php

* Firebird Foundation Committee Member
http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/firebird-foundation/
0
Thomas
10/12/2011 6:31:14 PM
Craig Stuntz wrote:
> 	I think EasySoft has a (commercial, non-free) 64 bit ODBC driver. IB
> doesn't ship with one, as far as I know.

Exactly correct. We do not ship one and EasySoft has one available for
purchase.
0
quinn
10/12/2011 10:02:11 PM
> {quote:title=Julian Dawson wrote:}{quote}
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use the data direct odbc driver for interbase to create a linked server in SQL Server 2008 R2 64bit however, SQL Server reports an "Arcitechure Mismatch" between the System DSN and SQL Server. This did work under 32 bit SQL Server.
>
> Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase?
>
> I have tried using the IBProvider trial as well but this fails to work in SQL Server as well.

What the error message do you got from IBProvider? Notification about problem with column charsets or column sizes?  Or other?

Why you do not write to IBProvider support e-mail?

---
In any case - you can test your database through our VB-script

c:\Program Files (x86)\LCPI_IBProvider\TestCode\ActiveX\IBP\test_system\prog\prog_check_system_tables.vbs

Change in script header the
c_db_location
c_db_user
c_db_pswd
c_db_client

And get the list of standard errors in system tables of your IB-database

Regards,
Dmitry Kovalenko
www.ibprovider.com
0
Dmitry

SQL Anywhere Server and Interbase Server
We are having problems running the SQL Anywhere server and the Interbase server at the same time. We are using NT 4.0. Does anyone know what needs to be done to do this? Or what can cause problems when this is done? Thanks, Kevin Hutek Schlafhorst Automation >We are having problems running the SQL Anywhere server and the Interbase >server at the same time. We are using NT 4.0. Does anyone know what needs >to be done to do this? Or what can cause problems when this is done? What happens? Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft -- Please post in newsgroup, not via email <...

Problem with creating new SQL server database in VWDExpress using SQL Server 2005 Express
 when I try to create a SQL Database from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition, I get the following error message: "Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly.  Please verify the installation of the component or download from the URL http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=49251" When I go to that URL, it brings me to the page to download SQL Server Express 2005. any ideathanks for advance  Did you install SQL Server Express on your server/system? JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answe...

PB11 app on Server 2008 64-bit/Sql Server 2008 R2 64-bit
I have just installed my pb11 app on a Server 2008 64-bit and a Sql Server 2008 R2 64-bit. Unfortunately when running my app on the server, the database connection fails. I am using Sql Native Client in the app and the returned error message text from SQLCA was 'Sql Native Client is not installed' - but it was installed, although it of cause is the 64-bit Native Client, and perhaps that is the problem!?. I then tried to use ODBC instead using odbcinst32.exe from the SYSWOW64 folder to ensure 32-bit setting, but with no luck, the error message from SQLCA was 'T...

Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server. Please install ASP.NET Session State SQL Server version 2.0 or above.
Can anybody point me in the direction of how to resolve this error, Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server. Please install ASP.NET Session State SQL Server version 2.0 or above. I am running Visusl Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005 Standard, running on WIndows XP Pro. I am trying to use SQL for session state management. I originally ran the following code from the command line prompt, aspnet_regsql.exe -E -ssadd -sstype p This created an ASPState database. I then manually added my default ASP.NET login as a user. In my web.confi...

Replicating from SQL Server to Sybase using SQL Server replication
Hi all, I have setup a replication from SQL Server to Sybase ASE using SQL Server transactional replication. This work via the Sybase OLEDB driver and linked server. Connection is working, prublication is defined on SQL Server side, the subscription against the Sybase server and database is working. But I got one huge problem: All character datatypes end up as NULL in Sybase. When I enter a row in the SQL Server table which is publicated all data that is not character (float, numeric, datetime etc.) is replicated and the row is available on Sybase side, but all character columns are...

SQL Server Linked server
Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-b...

Has anyone linked MS-SQL server to Sybase SQL server?
I am running sybase 11.0.3.3 and MS-SQL server 7.0 sp1 I have been trying to link the sybase server to MS server without success. I have tried ODBC and still not had any luck if anyone has succuessfully connected the 2 could you email me at ttel023@hotmail.com with how you did it, thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------44588F7CCA40697BCE710F01 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit gary wrote: > I am running sybase 11.0.3.3 and MS-SQL server 7.0 sp1 > I have been trying to link the sybase server to MS serv...

using sql server session, does it ALWAYS go to sql server?
Testing a simple web app that's configured to save session in SQL SERVER. I have an array of 250000 ints. Session gets saved in 1 page, and retrieved correctly in another, but I only see 1 transaction in profiler. Also have a large complex object size 250KB, and it get's restored instantly, implying it's not coming from the database. From SQL Profiler, I see one transaction to aspstate db when I leave a page that saves session. Shouldn't I see a gaggle of msgs spew by when I save a large object to session??? All comments appreciated! The short answer is yes. The sessi...

SQl Server Linked servers
We are having a problem connecting to linked servers through PB9 OLEDB. The IDE interface (or the datawindow) works fine but if we try to connect in runtime we get the following error: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server OLE DB error trace[OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' IUnknown::QueryInterface returned 0x80004002 " The liked server mentioned is from a System DSN. What I don't understand is that it works in the IDE but not in runtime. (the same happens in PB10) our connection string looks like this: SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogPass = &quo...

Linked Server from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8
Could someone please show me how to create a Linked Server from within SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8? I've tried everything, and nothing works. I have used dbping successfully, and I have connected to the SQL Anywhere 8 (Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0) database successfully using an ODBC System DSN with Access. Thank you. ...

sql server and sql server express
ok i am puzzled right now....i have a web application connecting to a sql server database....i uninstalled sql server express and installed sql server 2005 full version...i changed the connection string in my application to be Data Source=SKYBANDR62;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb;Integrated Security=True and through the explorer bar i can access my database freely but when i run my application i get this error Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An error has occurred while establishing a...

Web resources about - Creating a SQL Server linked server to Interbase using 64 bit SQL Server - embarcadero.interbase.general

Multiversion concurrency control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For instance, a database will implement updates not by deleting an old piece of data and overwriting it with a new one, but instead by marking ...

Open core is not open source
Julie Bort of Networkworld.com has an interview with Mårten Mickos of Eucalyptus , formerly of MySQL. In MySQL times it seemed (to me at least) ...

Almico's Home Page
... my interests and soon. I use to program using Delphi. Anyway: several projects of mine are developedunder Linux using PHP, PostgreSQL, Interbase ...

Sun balances acquisition, innovation
Sun Microsystems tries to make clear at its two-day annual analyst conference that innovation paysyet much of the company's biggest plans today ...

Free Trials - Embarcadero Technologies

Phillipe Kahn
Phillipe Kahn

license-discuss@opensource.org: Threads for May 2005
... May 2005 [2] unsubscribe me [3] Open Software License [3] unsubscribe me please [7] Re: License Wizard [5] For thoughts: fair license [1] InterBase ...

Welcome to dbase
Cust_Ser_Tech_Support web site

DB-Engines Ranking - popularity ranking of database management systems
English Deutsch Knowledge Base of Relational and NoSQL Database Management Systems provided by solid IT Home - DB-Engines Ranking - Systems - ...

DBF Commander Version History
History of DBF Commander - new DBF tools, DBF editor improvements, and bug fixes