RAD Studio Trial download - 2009 and/or 2007?

Howdy,

On the RAD Studio Trial download page, at:

https://downloads.embarcadero.com/free/rad_studio

I see:

RAD Studio 2009 Trial  - at 16MB
RAD Studio 2009 ISO Disk 1 - Delphi and C++ Builder 2009  - at 1.9GB
RAD Studio 2009 ISO Disk 2 - Delphi Prism  - at 1.4GB

and then: Rad Studio 2007 ISO  - at 4.2GB

So I'm wondering what's missing in the 2009 stuff that was in the 2007 - even if you add the Delphi and C++ Builder *and* Prism (and I don't think Prism is in 2007 so really it probably shouldn't be added...) it's still a GB smaller than the 2007 ISO. Without Prism, as I say probably should be how it actually is - it's over 2GB smaller.

Any idea what that's about...?

I tried looking at the FAQ (which, BTW - also says 2009 now includes Prism for .NET development, and then further down it says No, (you can't develop .NET applications) Delphi 2009 for produces only native Win32 binaries. [sic] (it really does say "Delphi 2009 for produces ...") - but besides the typo, the point is still that it says it has Prism for .NET and then also says you can't develop .NET applications.)

Sorry if I missed some glaringly obvious bit that says exactly why the 2007 is so much bigger, etc. Sometimes I can be somewhat blind. ;)

If anyone knows or has any idea, I'd appreciate a reply ... Thanks!
0
Andrew
4/16/2009 9:09:08 PM
embarcadero.dev.website 383 articles. 0 followers. Follow

DLLs in RAD Studio XE vs RAD Studio 2007
We have a simple non-VCL DLL that we have used for a long time in RAD Studio 2007 projects. We have recreated it (from scratch) as an XE DLL project. Compiles just fine, creates the DLL and lib as before, but won't link to our XE app. The only difference between the two is that the 2007 function take a char* arg, and the XE function takes a wchar_t*. XE gives us an "unresolved external" when trying to link that function. The DLL lib is clearly in the path. We are wondering if XE has changed the DLL process since 2007 ? Appreciate any help thanks Kevin Ke...

Rad Studio 2007 ISO wrong file size on download link
I can't download Rad Studio 2007 ISO from https://downloads.embarcadero.com/Item/25015#. The download button indicates it is 4.2GB but FireFox 3.6.18, Firefox 4.01, and Google Chrome all want to download a 1.6 GB file. Is the file on the server corrupted? Can anyone else download a 4.2GB file and be able to install Delphi without getting an error message? TIA Barry On 23.06.2011 16:54, Barry McClure wrote: > I can't download Rad Studio 2007 ISO from https://downloads.embarcadero.com/Item/25015#. The download button indicates it is 4.2GB but FireFox 3.6.18, Firefox 4.01, a...

RAD Studio XE: the relevant links for RAD Studio, Delphi, C++ Builder, Prism, RadPHP [what's new, features, downloads...]
What's New in Delphi and C++Builder XE http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/What's_New_in_Delphi_and_C%2B%2BBuilder_XE RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and RadPHP XE are available now! http://blogs.embarcadero.com/davidi/2010/08/30/40114/ audio - Dr. Dobbs's talks with Michael Rozlog about RAD Studio XE Release http://www.drdobbs.com/tv/index.jhtml?bctid=594150880001&bcpid=64699398001 Webinar: What's New in RAD Studio XE - An In-Depth Look with Mike Rozlog (Wed, Sep 1 7PM PDT / Thu, Sep 2 12:00 EST Australian) http://forms.embarcadero.com/f...

How do I combine a Visual Studio website and a Visual Web Dev website?
There are two of us working on the same project and I need to import pages into my Visual Web Dev. Express application that she's created in Visual Studio.  The databases aren't even the same.  I'm new at this and have no idea what I need to be concerned about or how to go about doing the import.  Thanks!!!  Obviously you're going to have to start further back than the "How do I import" question, which is as simple as copying the page into the folder or adding an existing file.  But if you use different databases, different programming, etc. then you really need t...

What's contained inside RAD Studio 2007 ISO (Dec 2007)
Hi, I just wonder what additional updates/hotfixes do I need to apply to Delphi/C++ Builder installed with RAD Studio 2007 ISO (Dec 2007). Apparently, Update #3 is included in this ISO according to the docs. What about "December 2007 Update"? Is it also included or do I need to install it separately? The "Dec 2007" tag that is attached to this ISO suggests that it should contain the December 2007 Update, especially if this ISO was originally published on September 19, 2008. What about another updates like "April 08 hotfix", "May/June 08 Help Update ...

Async Pro 5.00 with RAD Studio 2007 specifically C++Builder 2007
Hi, Please can someone help. I have read a large number of posts on how to install *Async Pro with CB2007* but unfortunately I have reached a dead end. The posts I am referring to are below: https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=39053 https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=54497&tstart=0 To add confusion some recommend using the "C++ 2007 package files" available on source forge and others advise to "Generate all C++ Builder files" in the project linker options. I cannot find any reference to the support documentation to the above C++...

boost and rad studio 2007
Hi, I'm trying to use some classes from the boost library, namely thread and asio. Including #include <boost/thread.hpp> causes compile error E2109 Not an allowed type in exception.hpp: typedef typename enable_error_info_helper<T,sizeof(dispatch((T*)0))>::type type; after that I get 50 more errors... If I include the asio.hpp header, I get an incorrect pragma directive option: -v error at #pragma defineonoption BOOST_BORLAND_DEBUG -v in auto_link.hpp Next error is [BCC32 Error] read_until.hpp(60): E2514 Cannot (yet) use member overload resolution du...

How to install RAD Studio XE + RAD Studio 2010 in the same computer?
How to install RAD Studio XE + RAD Studio 2010 in the same computer? -- Regards, Eko Indriyawan www.ekoindri.com Delphi makes me that a something impossible can be realized with possible way Le 21/09/2010, Eko Indriyawan a supposé : > How to install RAD Studio XE + RAD Studio 2010 in the same computer? install D2010 first and DXE next and everything should be fine. - Florent Hi Florent, Thank you very much for your suggestion. Let me try to follow it. -- Regards, Eko Indriyawan www.ekoindri.com Delphi makes me that a something impossible can be ...

Is it bug in RAD Studio 2007
Hi We took old win32 component code & com wrapped in Delphi .Net to be consumed by another C# assembly. When this code is called from C# application and win32 application on development machine it works fine. On target machaine C# application works but win 32 application fails to respond when c# asembly makes call to delphi assembly. Don't know what is going wrong...any help will be appreciated. thanks Sunil Tekar > We took old win32 component code & com wrapped in Delphi .Net to be > consumed by > another C# assembly. When this code is called from C# applicat...

Rad Studio 2007 or 2010?
Hi, I have RAD Studio XE5. I took the offer to also register both Delphi 2007 and Delphi 2010. I have a WinXP laptop that I want to install Dephi on, but do not want the full XE5, and want to support WinXP. So am wondering what would be the best one to install 2007 or 2010? Regards, Charles. Charles wrote: > I took the offer to also register both Delphi 2007 and Delphi 2010. > I have a WinXP laptop that I want to install Dephi on, but do not want > the full XE5, and want to support WinXP. > > So am wondering what would be the best one to install 2007 or 2...

RAD STudio XE8 download
Hi I don't know if this is the correct place to ask these questions? where can I download RAD studio XE8 Enterprise? I only get the trails to download, I need the ISO file, I'm still waiting fir my Key but want to download in the mean time. Where do I get this TMS bonus pack , I need the TMS Firemonkey Component. Please assit Johan wrote: > where can I download RAD studio XE8 Enterprise? Delphi XE8 and C++Builder XE8 ISO http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/30171 http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/30172 > Where do I get this TMS bonus pack After you have registere...

Environment variables in RAD studio 2007?
Hi, I'm trying to use some environment variables on the Project Options->Paths and Defines and in the Bpi/Lib output and final output fields, but it seems not working correctly. If I have a variable defined as mtkBin = p:\bin and put $(mtkBin) as the option, I get a Ilink error, can't open file '$p:\bin\bla.lib' Why the $? If I use the variable in the final output field, I get no error, but the dll, in this case, is not put into the expected folder. Any ideas? -thanks ...

RAD Studio 2007
Hello all, my VCL.NET application with RAD Studio 2007 very often shows this behaviour: After compilation (without any coding erros): [DCC Fehler] F2084 Interner Fehler: AV06EE3C6E-R00000AA8-0 Then, after closing RAD Studio: Access violation in dcc110il.dll at address 0AA3. Any possibility to correct or prevent that? Regards, Reinhard I checked the version number of my dcc110il.dll and it is 11.0.2987.10779. There was a hotfix that may or may not be of interest...especially if your version number is lower than the above. http://dn.codegear.com/fr/print/37877 Hello, ...

Missing Components with RAD 2007 trial
Hi, I've just tried to install a trial version of the RAD studio. When i run the software there are no components. Nothing. I've tried unistalling and then re-installing but nothing. when i click on the component menu from the BDE, there are no sub menus at all. How do i fix this please? Angst! -- Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me! In article <97014@forums.codegear.com>, Registered User <> wrote: > I've just tried to install a trial version of the RAD studio. When i run the > software there are no components. Nothing. I've tr...

Re install of rad studio 2007
I had to rebuild my system and now I don't seem to have a complete BDE installed. When I try to use the sql explorer I get this error "Cannot load an IDAPI service library". I googled that message and nothing I found applied to me. Anybody know what I need to do? Thanks Solution 1: Make sure HLM\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database Engine\DLLPath points to the directory where the BDE DLL's are installed. Solution 2: Make sure your path points to where the BDE DLL's live. Russell Holcomb wrote: > I had to rebuild my system and now I don't seem to have a comple...

Web resources about - RAD Studio Trial download - 2009 and/or 2007? - embarcadero.dev.website

Download to Donate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Download to Donate is a program by Music for Relief , a non-profit organization established by Linkin Park in 2005 to help victims of natural ...

Dropify Download 2.0 Simplifies Uploading Content To Facebook, Downloading, Sharing
Dropify launched in January, integrating with Facebook’s Open Graph and allowing users to make files available for download via the social network, ...

Download the Facebook IQ digital magazine - Facebook for Business
The Facebook IQ digital magazine puts all the insights, best practices and key stats in one place. Download it on your mobile and read it anywhere. ...

Downloads
Download previous versions of the Facebook for iOS SDK.

CrowdMob’s Mafia Location Game Harnesses Facebook Places to Drive Downloads
Even though Facebook likely has around 700 million users now, it actually isn’t often that we hear the social network is a major driver for user ...

Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done
Lifehacker curates tips, tricks, and technology for living better in the digital age.

Technology Product Reviews, News, Prices & Downloads - PCMag.com - PC Magazine
PC Magazine is your complete guide to PC computers, peripherals and upgrades. We test and review computer- and Internet-related products and ...

Indie Music News, MP3 Downloads, Music Videos, Reviews - Stereogum
MP3s downloads, music videos, concert reviews, tour dates and contests. Updated regularly.

RN Download ThisShow (@RNDownload) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here RN Download ThisShow @ RNDownload ...

Feature Request: iCloud Photo Library needs a purge downloads button à la Google Photos
... and iPads that otherwise couldn’t fit that much content. Thumbnail previews are available at all times, and full resolution versions download ...