Quality Central down?

Hi,

I found two bugs in Delphi's TypInfo unit which I wanted to post with quality central but today I'm getting a lot of timeouts and error pages.
I'm logged in but it doesn't show my user name. Instead it only says "You are logged in as" and the rest is missing. So I'm trying to submit a new report but there's no text next to "Report Submitter:" (which I guess is a required field).
Quality Central feels really buggy and non-intuitive!
Is anyone else having these problems?

Thanks,
Markus
0
Markus
8/24/2009 4:12:25 PM
embarcadero.dev.qualitycentral 255 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Markus Hastreiter wrote:

> I found two bugs in Delphi's TypInfo unit which I wanted to post with
> quality central but today I'm getting a lot of timeouts and error
> pages.

Yes, there's definitely a problem with the web service right now.

--
John Kaster http://blogs.codegear.com/johnk
CodeGear Developer Network: http://dn.codegear.com
Markus Hastreiter wrote:

> I'm getting a lot of timeouts and error pages.

Well, I started to investigate, and now I'm not having any trouble.

Hate when that happens.

Is anyone else still having trouble?

--
John Kaster http://blogs.codegear.com/johnk
CodeGear Developer Network: http://dn.codegear.com
Features and bugs: http://qc.codegear.com
Got source?  http://cc.codegear.com
0
John
8/24/2009 5:48:36 PM
Well I too don't get these error pages any more. But I still can't report a bug. The system says I'm logged in, but doesn't show my user name. I can even submit the bug report but afterwards I get the submit form again stating that I missed providing a title and a build number (but I did enter both). I think the problem is that the system seems to not know my user name.
On the other hand, my user name does show up on these forum pages. Strange indeed.
Can anyone help please?
0
Markus
8/25/2009 8:43:37 AM
Markus Hastreiter wrote:

> On the other hand, my user name does show up on these forum pages.
> Strange indeed.  Can anyone help please?

can you email me your EDN user name (or email address you use) so I can
test?

The information I see on the forums might be a clue, since your account
is reported as:

[From: "Markus Hastreiter" <>]

--
John Kaster http://blogs.codegear.com/johnk
CodeGear Developer Network: http://dn.codegear.com
Features and bugs: http://qc.codegear.com
Got source?  http://cc.codegear.com
0
John
8/25/2009 7:12:47 PM
Markus Hastreiter wrote:

> Can anyone help please?

I just want you to confirm your email address for me. Since you have it
hidden in your profile, I want to make sure it's the same one I use for
testing. Thanks.

--
John Kaster http://blogs.codegear.com/johnk
CodeGear Developer Network: http://dn.codegear.com
Features and bugs: http://qc.codegear.com
Got source?  http://cc.codegear.com
0
John
8/25/2009 7:16:15 PM
> I just want you to confirm your email address for me. Since you have it
> hidden in your profile, I want to make sure it's the same one I use for
> testing. Thanks.

I've sent you my EDN user name and my mail address via the PM feature of this forum.
Hope you get it.

Thanks,
Markus
0
Markus
8/27/2009 12:24:28 PM
Markus Hastreiter wrote:

> I've sent you my EDN user name and my mail address via the PM feature
> of this forum.

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I don't check those very often. Another
todo is hooking those reminders up to send an email to the EDN email
account ...

--
John Kaster http://blogs.codegear.com/johnk
CodeGear Developer Network: http://dn.codegear.com
Features and bugs: http://qc.codegear.com
Got source?  http://cc.codegear.com
0
John

Low quality of the Quality Central & Co. or too pretending customer?
Hi to everybody, Actually I'm quite disappointed with Embarcadero's services. Meaning the answers/feedback I'm getting by QC operators and R&D team. It seems to me there is nobody that works as supervisor because my impression is they are free to answer you whatever without some kind of manager that controls if the feedback is the proper one, if it is correct or not, if they were kindly with the user and so on. Well telling it shortly it seems to me there is no concept of QoS and customer care. It happened to me an R&D gu y gave me a technically false feedback and nobody ...

Quality Central Outage
Quality Central will be shut down March 14 2008 starting at 8:00 pm eastern standard time for database maintenance/migration. The outage is planned for 6 hours but hopefully it will be significantly shorter. Update on availability will be posted here Rob Schieck Quality Central is backup keep smiling Rob Schieck ...

What happened to Quality Central??
I am a Registered 2007,2009,2010 user and a trial XE user...I have a 2010 and XE problem that hasn't been answered on Forums....I want Embarc to look at as it is a Linker issue. I cannot find QC...so how do I get real support from Embarc???? In article <389363@forums.embarcadero.com>, charles leggette <> wrote: > I am a Registered 2007,2009,2010 user and a trial XE user...I have a 2010 and > XE problem that hasn't been answered on Forums....I want Embarc to look at as > it is a Linker issue. > I cannot find QC...so how do I get real support from Embar...

Relink Quality Central
Is there a way to connect the IDE Tools / Quality Centry to the new Server? Currently it looks for the old server qc.embarcadero.com. Using XE7, installed from the ISO delphicbuilder_xe7_upd1_win.iso. Martin wrote: > Is there a way to connect the IDE Tools / Quality Centry to the new > Server? Are you referring to QualityPortal? That is a VERY different beast than QualityCentral, and there is no QP client available, so you have to access it from a we browser. > Currently it looks for the old server qc.embarcadero.com. That is still the current QC server. --...

Quality Central Issues
The web version of QC does not seem to know how many votes I have available, and doesn't make it obvious to me how many I have either. http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?v=-1 Shows a listing of my votes, but there is no column for how many votes I allocated to each item, nor a total votes cast/total available. I removed votes from several reports but I still cannot vote for any other bug reports. It gives me an error about exceeding the number of votes but does not specify what the maximum is! AFAIK, everyone has a max of 5 votes, but I cannot even find a QC page ...

Relink Quality Central
Is there a way to connect the IDE Tools / Quality Centry to the new Server? Currently it looks for the old server qc.embarcadero.com. Using XE7, installed from the ISO delphicbuilder_xe7_upd1_win.iso. Martin wrote: > Is there a way to connect the IDE Tools / Quality Centry to the new > Server? Are you referring to QualityPortal? That is a VERY different beast than QualityCentral, and there is no QP client available, so you have to access it from a we browser. > Currently it looks for the old server qc.embarcadero.com. That is still the current QC server. --...

quality central does not work
The Quality Central emit the message: "The Server is currently not available. Would you like to start in offline mode?" After answer YES, the error message "Session id not valid. Please log in". But I don't known how to login from the IDE. That appears in Embarcadero Rad Studio XE6, XE7 and CodeGear RAD Studio 2007. What can I do? El 9/11/14 a las 12:31, Martin Stratmann escribió: > The Quality Central emit the message: "The Server is currently not > available. Would you like to start in offline mode?" > > After answer YE...

Quality Central Appears to be Down???
Is Quality Central down? (That's embarrassing<g>) Mike Going to qc.embarcadero.com gives me Server Error in '/wc' Application. Unable to complete network request to host "etnadb01:3045". Failed to establish a connection. Access is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException: Unable to complete network request to host &qu...

Quality Central notifications
I recently enabled notifications in Quality Central using the standalone application (via "Report | Notifications"). The project I chose was "Delphi-BCB" but when I added the notification QC says the project name is "Delphi". I thought that internally I would get C++Builder reports as well (given that the web interface lumps Delphi and C++Builder together). After a couple of days of notifications I noticed that I am not getting C++Builder notifications. There appears to be no project to select that will give me C++Builder notifications either. ...

Quality central reports
Hello everyone Does anyone have a clue why all reports from quality central have a modified date as 03/20/2012 02:24:39 I just create a bug report and for curiosity I queried all recently closed reports to check how things were going there (What reports were being worked on) and I just showed me many old reports all with the same Modified Date Am 20.03.2012 11:43, schrieb Eric Fleming Bonilha: > Hello everyone > > Does anyone have a clue why all reports from quality central have a modified date as 03/20/2012 02:24:39 > > I just create a bug report and for curiosit...

Quality Central and Attachments
Is the ability to create attachments for some bug reports and not others a server-control configuration (e.g., being enabled by administration for some categories, and disabled for others)? Also, why am I required to download a native executable in order to upload attachments, as I was told in this report: http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=111809 The following QC report has not allowed me to attach a ZIP file to a report, because there is no option for it. (This is a separate issue to the HTML entity encoding/decoding inconsistencies mentioned briefly in the above report.) ht...

Quality Central search times out
Unless I set filters to Delphi, Windows and version 12, my searches in QC over the past week or so are all timing out. I can access my own reports and comments without filters and also post to QC. Any solutions please ? Ian Trackman wrote: > Unless I set filters to Delphi, Windows and version 12, my searches > in QC over the past week or so are all timing out. I can access my > own reports and comments without filters and also post to QC. > > Any solutions please ? I think you will get better answers when you ask this in e.p.developernetwork.qualitycentral. ...

Unfinished Quality Central reports
I ran across a [defect|http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=110344] in Quality Central that looks like it has been forgotten/ignored. Is there a way to make sure these reports get looked at? I voted for it but I don't know what that does exactly. I haven't used QC much so I'm just curious what happens in a situation like this. Michael McFarland wrote: > I ran across a [defect|http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=110344] in Quality Central that looks like it has been forgotten/ignored. Is there a way to make sure these reports get looked at? I voted for it but ...

Unable to use Quality Central
Hello, I recently installed RAD studio XE7, next to my previous XE4 installation. Recently, I tried to notify Embarcadero about a bug, using the Quality Central embedded tool. Unfortunately, I was unable to open this tools. First, QC shown a popup message saying that the server was not found, and asking if I want to use the offline mode. I doubt that the server was really offline, at least I could connect to the Embarcadero website without problems, and enter to the bug report section. When I tried to open in offline mode, I received an error saying that login data were incorrect. After a ...

Web resources about - Quality Central down? - embarcadero.dev.qualitycentral

Quality control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Controls include product inspection , where every product is examined visually, and often using a stereo microscope for fine detail before the ...

As Apple looks to ditch 3.5mm socket, patent hints at higher-quality speakers in future iPhones
... socket in favor of Lightning and Bluetooth . The patent is very densely-worded, but seemingly describes a method of getting higher-quality and ...

Quality Miles vs. Garbage Miles
... rowing, treadmill, stair machine, biking, or outdoor running, it is the intense intervals which make a difference for endurance - thus Quality ...

HP Spectre x2 review: All the quality of the Surface Pro, hundreds of dollars less
It took Microsoft three attempts to come up with a Surface concept that had broad appeal. With the combination of screen size, resolution, system ...

New Apple invention paves the way for DSLR-quality iPhone photos
... popular photo and video recording tool in the hands of consumers for some time now. Over the years, Apple has continuously improved the quality ...

T-Mobile Execs Say YouTube Is “Absurd” For Complaining About Downgraded Video Quality
... executives from the wireless company claiming it’s “absurd” that the streaming service should care so much about T-Mo downgrading the quality ...

Market for indoor environmental and air quality technologies expected to exceed US$7 billion by 2024 ...
Healthy and green buildings rely on good indoor environmental and air quality (IEAQ) to maintain the wellness and productivity of their occupants. ...

Samsung's SUHD TVs amp up the colors and picture quality
Samsung hasn't gone all-in on OLED TVs like LG did this year, but it still has models that can make your wallet light in a hurry. The company ...

Quality Trolling
The troll game is strong in Joris Luyendijk This is why the best way forward for Europe is to threaten to hit the English as hard as we can. ...

Mercedes Turns to the Industrial Strength Cloud for Quality Assurance
NEWS ANALYSIS: Cloud-based robots help Mercedes Benz ensure quality and efficiency while reducing resources and managing the environmental impact ...