VS ide / delphi ide key map

I'm quit lost in VS ide, F9 run, F8 / F7
Ctrl+Alt+P for tool pallet and the fast find when you type component
name
F11 to switch to code view / object inspector, the ability to navigate
in the object inspector with tab and writing property name.

Will someone make a Delphi to VS guide?

Henning
11/27/2008 10:28:15 AM
embarcadero.delphiprism 374 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Henning Swiboda wrote:
> I'm quit lost in VS ide, F9 run, F8 / F7
> Ctrl+Alt+P for tool pallet and the fast find when you type component
> name
> F11 to switch to code view / object inspector, the ability to navigate
> in the object inspector with tab and writing property name.

If you really want to have Galileo shortcuts in VS, then check out DPack.
http://www.usysware.com/dpack/
I for one would prefer it the other way around, but I can understand why you guys would like to use
the keystrokes you are used to.

> Will someone make a Delphi to VS guide?

Problem here is, that most who would want to write such an article are already using VS for years.
And as such a someone, I don't even know where to begin and what would be important to explain...
If yu have things that you are struggling with, let us, in this group, know about it.
That way, we can answer your question (obviously) and get an understanding what the problems are for
"VS newbies".
0
Robert

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

CB2009
The Tools/Options/'Editor Options/Key Mappings/Key mapping modules shows a Key mapping module of "New IDE Classic". I look at the Tools/Options/Editor Options/Editor SpeedSetting dropdown but it does not show "New IDE Classic. Why can I not select "New IDE Classic" in the Editor SpeedSetting? Is there something I need to do to use "New IDE Classic"? Larry ...

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

IDE
Hi, we'd been using JBuilderX for 4+ years now and looking to re-tool but unfortunately, the latest version does not support EAServer. I'm curious what others are using for development. Are there any other IDEs that support deployment to EAserver as the older JBuilder used to do? Eclipse? Marley wrote: > Hi, we'd been using JBuilderX for 4+ years now and looking > to re-tool but unfortunately, the latest version does not > support EAServer. I'm curious what others are using for > development. Are there any other IDEs that support > deployment to EAs...

IDE
Does anybody use an IDE or code (web coding: HTML/XML/CSS/JS/PHP/JSP) editor that they would recommend. I've been evaluating several and here are my results so far: NVU: I don't like WYSIWYG editors but I'll keep it around for the occasional complicated table I need to do quick. Scite: I haven't looked at it in depth but it didn't seem to have the project management I wanted. Screem: It was too buggy, the project management was too difficult, and it had no regex support that I could find. Bluefish: I'm using it now and it looks good but I've n...

Delphi 2010 IDE CTR+D key formatting code that I would like to disable.
Hello all, is there a way to disable totally the CTR+D key that is formatting the code ? I have a 18000 line source code file that was screwed up by this feature and I could not recover from it ! CTR+D is very close to CTRL+C and cause unwanted action to happen. Thanks a lot. > {quote:title=Cyril CAVADORE wrote:}{quote} > Hello all, > is there a way to disable totally the CTR+D key that is formatting the code ? > I have a 18000 line source code file that was screwed up by this feature and I could not recover from it ! > CTR+D is very close to CTRL+C and cause unwante...

IDE
How can I modify the IDE of PowerBilder? Thanks -- ________________________________ Alessandro Isola Ateikon s.r.l. Uff. Conegliano 0438/415709 www.ateikon.com What exactly are you trying to achieve? The IDE is highly customizable by itself, and if you really want to go deeper than that, there is a set of instructions to make even deeper modificaitons, although these are not for the faint of heart. regards, Bill Alessandro Isola wrote: > > How can I modify the IDE of PowerBilder? > > Thanks > > -- > ________________________________ &...

ide
hi all ! i'm using perl with tk extension in developping desktop apps . working on macosx platform, I use either the Xcode editor or emacs. i'm lacking debugger support and tk gui ide . anybody any idea if there's a ide out there with support for debugging and/or tk ? thanks erik --Apple-Mail-4-517507745 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed Try ptkdb. You can get it from CPAN as Devel::ptkdb (I think; not where I can check at the moment). Then run your app as 'perl -dptkdb myapp'. On Jul...

Delphi 2009 IDE
Hi all, I just installed Delphi 2009 on to my Windows 7 laptop. I have several license keys for this, and am installing off of their CD. The installation finished, and the product is registered/activated, but when I try to run it an error pops up saying "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key". It sounds like the key didn't save or it didn't install properly. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it? I'm running it as administrator, too. Thanks Same problem! > {quote:title=Ryan Cole wrote:}{quote} > Hi all, > > I just install...

How to make VS 2008 IDE the same as VS 2005?
I used VS 2005 for three years and like its IDE.I upgrade to VS 2008 but its IDE drove me crazy even though setting file was imported from VS 2005!For example, in VS 2005, I can drag and drop any control into any position (absolute position) but in VS 2008 I need to change manually.Also, every time when I add new control in the form, so many things around the control appear, such as line, tab... which I really do not need!Can someone show me how to make VS 2008 IDE the same as VS 2005?   The designer is completely different (no common code) so you cannot make 100% the same as 2005. ...

SCSI vs IDE pro vs con question
Can some one give me a good explaination about the pros and cons of IDE vs SCSI hard drives? After buying 2 dozen IDEs and all of the dying under a year of use <all different brands> I switched to SCSI and these drives run so flawless that I havent had a single problem in the 6 years I've had them. However as you can imagine 6 year old HD's are kinda small and slow by todays standards and I'd like to upgrade, but I'm not sure if I should get some of the new IDE's hopeing they dont die on me yet again, or if I should stick with SCSI. I'm serious 25 IDE...

IDing CR vs CRII vs harmless Port 80
What do I need to determin if a port 80 hit is harmless or a CR hit? Do I have to see that it's trying to hit that one file? (My home firewall doesn't log that.) Anything else to look for? Thanks in advance, Eric Eric R Mims wrote: > > What do I need to determin if a port 80 hit is harmless or a CR hit? Do I > have to see that it's trying to hit that one file? (My home firewall > doesn't log that.) Anything else to look for? > > Thanks in advance, > > Eric Two ways to tell, a) run some program (netcat) that can monitor port ...

How to put line numbers in the VS IDE edito for VS 2008
I am using Visual Studio 2008. In the IDE I would like to have line numbers to display in the editor. This works better for me when I code and debug. Does anyone know how to put the line numbers in?  Tools -> Option -> Text Editor -> C# (or Basic or C++....)   Follow these steps:- Tools -> Options...- Tick Show all settings- Goto Text Editor -> All Languages- In Display section, Tick Line Number- OK  Ratanak.Net Developer Try this.. Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> All languages Select "Line Numbers" in Dispaly sectionMy Blog"Do...

Web resources about - VS ide / delphi ide key map - embarcadero.delphiprism