Delphi Prism XE and RAD Studio XE are now available

The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday.

http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi-prism
http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio

Thanks,

Tim

--
Tim Del Chiaro
Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP

I suspect it will be available for purchase AFTER Wednesday too.   ;-)
0
Mark
8/30/2010 9:20:21 PM
So from what I can gather, it has CodeSite and Subversion integration that Prism 2011 didn't have.  Or is there more?
0
Mark
8/30/2010 9:22:36 PM
On 2010-08-30 23:22:36 +0200, Mark Tiede said:

> So from what I can gather, it has CodeSite and Subversion integration
> that Prism 2011 didn't have.  Or is there more?

http://remobjects.com/changelogs
0
marc
8/30/2010 9:54:09 PM
On 2010-08-30 23:20:21 +0200, Mark Tiede said:

> I suspect it will be available for purchase AFTER Wednesday too.   ;-)

Yes. but you can grab the trial (which also works as free update to
Delphi Prism 2011), now. http://remobjects.com/trials.
0
marc
8/30/2010 9:54:50 PM
On 2010-08-30 17:16:48 -0400, Tim DelChiaro <> said:

> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi-prism

The url for monodevelop for the mac doesn't seem to be available, I get
file not found.

This is the url I was directed to

http://installers.codegear.com.edgesuite.net/release/prism/xe/DelphiPrismwithMonoDevelop2.4-Mac.zip

Cheers,
John
0
John
8/31/2010 1:23:07 AM
Just came to see if anyone else had the same problem. The download link doesn't work for me either, but I notice my install is directing me to a slightly different link:

http://installers.codegear.com/release/prism/xe/DelphiPrismwithMonoDevelop2.4-Mac.zip

--
Ron Grove
Evaonah I/T Services

Edited by: Ron Grove on Aug 30, 2010 8:34 PM
0
Ron
8/31/2010 3:34:45 AM
Excellent to hear there is an update for the 2011.  I'll have to try getting that.
0
Mark
8/31/2010 11:16:32 AM
never mind...  I asked a question here, but figured it out...

Edited by: Mark Tiede on Aug 31, 2010 4:42 AM
0
Mark
8/31/2010 11:42:56 AM
Will there be a way to renew support & maintenance for Delphi Prism eventually? Or will I have to buy another full version when support & maintenance runs out for me?
0
Andrew
9/1/2010 11:47:11 AM
Hi Andrew,

> Will there be a way to renew support & maintenance for Delphi Prism eventually? Or will I have to buy another full version when support & maintenance runs out for me?

Right now, if someone lets their maintenance (subscription) run out on
Delphi Prism, then there is no other option but to purchase a whole new
version again. There are no upgrade prices for Delphi Prism...

Of course, your reseller should remind you in time that it's time to
renew. But if you deliberately let if lapse... then I guess you're out
of luck...

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
9/1/2010 11:56:52 AM
Bob Swart wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> > Will there be a way to renew support & maintenance for Delphi Prism
> > eventually? Or will I have to buy another full version when support
> > & maintenance runs out for me?
>
> Right now, if someone lets their maintenance (subscription) run out
> on Delphi Prism, then there is no other option but to purchase a
> whole new version again. There are no upgrade prices for Delphi
> Prism...
>
> Of course, your reseller should remind you in time that it's time to
> renew. But if you deliberately let if lapse... then I guess you're
> out of luck...

It would be nice if the subscription renewed automatically until you
cancelled it, with ample notice time before the auto-renewal, of course.

--
http://Lars.Fosdal.com - There are no stupid questions
http://delphi.fosdal.com - Delphi Programming
> {quote:title=Bob Swart wrote:}{quote}
> Hi Andrew,
>
> > Will there be a way to renew support & maintenance for Delphi Prism eventually? Or will I have to buy another full version when support & maintenance runs out for me?
>
> Right now, if someone lets their maintenance (subscription) run out on
> Delphi Prism, then there is no other option but to purchase a whole new
> version again. There are no upgrade prices for Delphi Prism...

Hence my question about a way to renew support & maintenance for Delphi Prism. :-(

> Of course, your reseller should remind you in time that it's time to
> renew. But if you deliberately let if lapse... then I guess you're out
> of luck...

I bought from Embarcadero directly.
0
Andrew
9/1/2010 12:13:47 PM

> It would be nice if the subscription renewed automatically until you
> cancelled it, with ample notice time before the auto-renewal, of course.

That would work for me. I don't mind paying every year and I want to stay current.
0
Andrew
9/1/2010 12:15:01 PM
Hi Lars,

>> Of course, your reseller should remind you in time that it's time to
>> renew. But if you deliberately let if lapse... then I guess you're
>> out of luck...
>
> It would be nice if the subscription renewed automatically until you
> cancelled it, with ample notice time before the auto-renewal, of course.

But then people would complain that if they "cancel" too late, they're
still stuck with it. It's never a win-win solution.

This way at least if the customer is no longer interested, the
subscription will "die". But as a reseller myself, I can tell you that I
will keep on "bugging" the customer until I get a confirmation that
he/she wants to continue the subscription (or indeed stop, in which case
I also want to know why, and explain the consequences in case they want
to pick it up later again). No subscription has "accidentally" been
expired under my watch ;-)

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
9/1/2010 12:44:11 PM

> But then people would complain that if they "cancel" too late, they're
> still stuck with it. It's never a win-win solution.
>
> This way at least if the customer is no longer interested, the
> subscription will "die". But as a reseller myself, I can tell you that I
> will keep on "bugging" the customer until I get a confirmation that
> he/she wants to continue the subscription (or indeed stop, in which case
> I also want to know why, and explain the consequences in case they want
> to pick it up later again). No subscription has "accidentally" been
> expired under my watch ;-)

I would renew if I knew how.

As it is I don't even know when my subscription runs out.
0
Andrew
9/1/2010 12:59:13 PM
Hi Andrew,

> I would renew if I knew how.
>
> As it is I don't even know when my subscription runs out.

Contact your reseller. Where did you buy your Delphi Prism (or RAD
Studio) from?

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
9/1/2010 1:48:07 PM
> > I would renew if I knew how.
> >
> > As it is I don't even know when my subscription runs out.
>
> Contact your reseller. Where did you buy your Delphi Prism (or RAD
> Studio) from?

As I said, I bought from Embarcadero directly.
0
Andrew
9/1/2010 1:51:24 PM
Did they contact you about renewing? They never contacted me for either my Delphi or Prism SA renewals. Not a single reminder... I figured it out on my own late and contacted sales. They can't seem to ever get my information correct. They missed me last year too. I paid, then found out when Prism 2011 was released that my SA was "expired". Since I had to wrestle them into paying I was quite surprised. Turned out the finance dept there had received my credit card info, but never processed it. So they had t
o reprocess my info in March. Still waiting on them to get my regular Delphi SA right. The Prism info they sent the other day worked great, but they never sent me my Delphi SA. I asked (again) and they sent me the email. I log into the maintenance site and I only get the option to download D2010.

Their procedures simply suck. Who knows how much revenue this company loses with problems like this. None of my other vendors let my subs just expire without warning... If they didn't tell you it expired, tell sales to extend it and make sure they know you're not pleased they didn't badger you about it in the first place.

--
Ron Grove
Evaonah I/T Services
> {quote:title=Ron Grove wrote:}{quote}
> Did they contact you about renewing? They never contacted me for either my Delphi or Prism SA renewals. Not a single reminder... I figured it out on my own late and contacted sales. They can't seem to ever get my information correct. They missed me last year too. I paid, then found out when Prism 2011 was released that my SA was "expired". Since I had to wrestle them into paying I was quite surprised. Turned out the finance dept there had received my credit card info, but never processed it. So they had
 to reprocess my info in March. Still waiting on them to get my regular Delphi SA right. The Prism info they sent the other day worked great, but they never sent me my Delphi SA. I asked (again) and they sent me the email. I log into the maintenance site and I only get the option to download D2010.

> Their procedures simply suck. Who knows how much revenue this company loses with problems like this. None of my other vendors let my subs just expire without warning... If they didn't tell you it expired, tell sales to extend it and make sure they know you're not pleased they didn't badger you about it in the first place.

Doing that now. Thanks!
0
Andrew
9/1/2010 4:33:40 PM
On 2010-09-01 15:51:24 +0200, Andrew Brehm said:

>>> I would renew if I knew how.
>>>
>>> As it is I don't even know when my subscription runs out.
>>
>> Contact your reseller. Where did you buy your Delphi Prism (or RAD
>> Studio) from?
>>

> As I said, I bought from Embarcadero directly.

Andrew 0 i've escalated this, and someone from Embarcaderowill get back
to you ASAP. if you don't hear from them within a couple days, pls drop
me a mail to info@remobjects.com. thanx!

marc
0
marc
9/1/2010 9:33:50 PM
On 2010-09-01 12:10:53 -0400, Ron Grove <> said:

> Their procedures simply suck. Who knows how much revenue this company
> loses with problems like this.

No kidding.  I was contacted via e-mail about SA renewal, but responded
that I thought it was completely ridiculous for me to have to print off
the forms, then go downtown and pay to have them faxed out.  We haven't
had a fax machine in the office for probably a decade.  Also, it makes
no sense that we could buy the product on-line, but had to renew SA by
fax.

So, the representative offered to handle it over the phone.  Great.
They called and I gave them all the info.  Then I had to respond to a
"confirmation" e-mail to approve what I just did over the phone.  A
couple of days later I get a call from EMB about my credit card not
being valid.  Turns out that during our phone call they wrote it down
incorrectly.  Next I received the official SA agreement, a boilerplate
documents where they couldn't even put in my name for the greeting
("Dear Embarcadero Technologies Support Customer"), and the Renewal
Date of the license was showing as the text "End Date".  It took
another e-mail from me to get it straightened out.

Sloppy, inefficient, and a royal PITA.  There is simply no excuse for a
technology company to operate like this.  I am 100% positive that these
methods are costing them sales.

--
Kevin Powick
0

> > As I said, I bought from Embarcadero directly.
>
> Andrew 0 i've escalated this, and someone from Embarcadero will get back
> to you ASAP. if you don't hear from them within a couple days, pls drop
> me a mail to info@remobjects.com. thanx!

Thanks, Marc.

You are always the one who gets them sales! I remember it was your patient explanations in the Mono forums that first got me interested in Delphi Prism.
0
Andrew
9/1/2010 9:40:03 PM
Hi Kevin,

> Sloppy, inefficient, and a royal PITA.  There is simply no excuse for a
> technology company to operate like this.  I am 100% positive that these
> methods are costing them sales.

And that's why you may want to consider buying (or renewing) from a
reseller, who will do his utmost best to keep you a happy customer. Even
in the US there should be lots of resellers with some good additional
benefits for developers?

> Kevin Powick

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
9/1/2010 9:50:57 PM
On 2010-09-01 17:50:57 -0400, Bob Swart <Bob@eBob42.com> said:

> And that's why you may want to consider buying (or renewing) from a
> reseller

Well, there certainly have been a fair share of stories about problems
with resellers too.  Personally, I think resellers are an unnecessary
channel for this type of product.  EMB should only sell direct, and cut
out any "middle men" which add to bureaucracy and markups.  If they
want to maintain an inside sales force to deal with corporate sales,
then fine.  A lot of companies operate that way.  Of course, to do
this, they really need to automate some of these processes. i.e. SA
renewal.

--
Kevin Powick
0

-Ron
0
Ron
9/2/2010 12:21:55 AM
On 2010-09-01 23:40:03 +0200, Andrew Brehm said:

>>> As I said, I bought from Embarcadero directly.
>>
>> Andrew 0 i've escalated this, and someone from Embarcadero will get back
>> to you ASAP. if you don't hear from them within a couple days, pls drop
>> me a mail to info@remobjects.com. thanx!
>>

> Thanks, Marc.
>
> You are always the one who gets them sales!

;)

> I remember it was your patient explanations in the Mono forums that
> first got me interested in Delphi Prism.

glad to hear. if you're a Mono user, younshould love the new stuff we
have in 2011/XE (you know that if you own 2011, you can just grab the
XE trial and install that, right? the same keys work. XE is a free
non-feature release over 2011. Of course itd still be great if you
renew, so you'll get the next release ;)

marc
0
marc
9/2/2010 12:27:22 AM
Hi Kevin,

>> And that's why you may want to consider buying (or renewing) from a
>> reseller
>
> Well, there certainly have been a fair share of stories about problems
> with resellers too.

And people can (and when needed do) switch from one reseller to another
(if they are unhappy with one, or expect to be more happy with the
other). In my experience, a reseller has to offer "added value" like
support (with installation, but also afterwards, for example with
migration advise), (extra) "Development Essentials" documentation,
training (including free workshops every now and then), automatic
renewal reminders for subscriptions, bug verifier and QC reporter (when
they don't want to do that themselves), etc. to ensure a developer is
and stays "happy" with his development environment. At least that's what
I do here for BeNeLux and UK customers ;-)
Of course, not all these extra services are free, when it comes to more
training or consultancy or custom development, then it's just another
thing they will need to pay for (but that's also clear in advance).

> Personally, I think resellers are an unnecessary channel for this type
> of product.  EMB should only sell direct, and cut out any "middle men"
> which add to bureaucracy and markups.

Maybe you should talk to my customers, but I do not believe they see me
as adding to the bureaucracy (at least not from their standpoint). ;-)

All I'm saying is that a reseller - in my view - often needs to include
additional value to "convince" a client to purchase from that particular
reseller. So for a customer, you can "shop" and find the reseller that
gives you the best ROI from your point of view. Price, support, ease of
renewal, these are all factors that can be used to pick a good place to
buy from.

> Kevin Powick

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
9/2/2010 5:59:13 AM
> > I remember it was your patient explanations in the Mono forums that
> > first got me interested in Delphi Prism.
>
> glad to hear. if you're a Mono user, younshould love the new stuff we
> have in 2011/XE (you know that if you own 2011, you can just grab the
> XE trial and install that, right? the same keys work. XE is a free
> non-feature release over 2011. Of course itd still be great if you
> renew, so you'll get the next release ;)

Yes, I heard that the same licence key works for 2011 and XE.

And I'll renew. I am more than happy that there is finally someone who looks after us crossplatform .net customers.

Native crossplatform Delphi would be nice too, but what I mainly need (and I think there might be many like me) is a way to write small applications that work on most (ideally all) platforms. I have the Mono Tools for Visual Studio too, unfortunately remote debugging doesn't work with Prism. :-)
0
Andrew
9/2/2010 9:00:29 AM
> {quote:title=Ron Grove wrote:}{quote}
> I'm certain they had some of my past comments about the whole fax thing
> in their notes. I've been somewhat obstinate about that in the past.
> Last year they had me print it, scan it back in, then send them an
> email. This time the saleslady just offered to take it over the phone
> and I got that confirmation request email you mentioned... :-)

I just got an email with a renewal quote for Delphi Prism SA. They indeed asked me to print the form, attach a PO, scan it and send it back to them.

I replied that I don't have POs and that they should simply charge my credit card and tell me how they want me to submit the number.

I buy REALBASIC renewals that way too.
0
Andrew

Delphi XE and RAD Studio XE are available now [Edit]
The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday. http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio Thanks, Tim -- Tim Del Chiaro Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com Edited by: Tim DelChiaro on Aug 30, 2010 2:15 PM > {quote:title=Tim DelChiaro wrote:}{quote} > The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are availabl...

C++Builder XE and RAD Studio XE are now available
The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday. http://www.embarcadero.com/products/cbuilder http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio Thanks, Tim -- Tim Del Chiaro Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com Hm. I was waiting for the final release notes to appear before I'd make up my mind about the new XE-release - and here they are. I've bought every C++ Compiler Bor...

RAD Studio XE: the relevant links for RAD Studio, Delphi, C++ Builder, Prism, RadPHP [what's new, features, downloads...]
What's New in Delphi and C++Builder XE http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/What's_New_in_Delphi_and_C%2B%2BBuilder_XE RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and RadPHP XE are available now! http://blogs.embarcadero.com/davidi/2010/08/30/40114/ audio - Dr. Dobbs's talks with Michael Rozlog about RAD Studio XE Release http://www.drdobbs.com/tv/index.jhtml?bctid=594150880001&bcpid=64699398001 Webinar: What's New in RAD Studio XE - An In-Depth Look with Mike Rozlog (Wed, Sep 1 7PM PDT / Thu, Sep 2 12:00 EST Australian) http://forms.embarcadero.com/f...

Dixie and R-Sexy? Delphi XE and RAD Studio XE
I'm used to saying acronyms such as D2010 as "Dee two thousand and 10" and D7 as "Dee seven". How about the following XE shortcut names: Delphi XE: DXE: *Dixie* RAD Studio XE: RSXE: *R-Sexy* Delphi Prism XE: *D-Pixie* Tough ones: RadPHP XE: ???? C++Builder XE: ???? Regards, Jarrod Hollingworth Complete Time Tracking http://www.complete-time-tracking.com/ > RAD Studio XE: RSXE: *R-Sexy* To ensure it is removed by content filtering tools? > {quote:title=Luigi Sandon wrote:}{quote} > > RAD Studio XE: RSXE: *R-Sexy* > > ...

RAD Studio 2009 Trial with Delphi Prism now available
The CodeGear RAD Studio 2009 trial download including Delphi Prism is now available from http://cc.codegear.com/free/radstudio. Thanks, Tim ...

Free Key Request for Rad Studio XE available now
http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/Blog/20101026A.EN.aspx You can also upgrade from the bundled version to any of the new IntraWeb editions: http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/FeatureMatrix.EN.aspx Check the new IntraWeb prices: http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/Buy/index.EN.aspx -- Jackson Gomes IntraWeb Support http://www.atozed.com/intraweb Blog: http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/blog Download: http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/download ...

Free Key Request for Rad Studio XE available now
http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/Blog/20101026A.EN.aspx You can also upgrade from the bundled version to any of the new IntraWeb editions: http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/FeatureMatrix.EN.aspx Check the new IntraWeb prices: http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/Buy/index.EN.aspx -- Jackson Gomes IntraWeb Support http://www.atozed.com/intraweb Blog: http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/blog Download: http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/download ...

Not buying RAD Studio XE, have renewed Delphi Prism SA
I bought Delphi Prism last year. I also have Delphi 2010. My original plan was to use Delphi Prism for some hobbyist projects (this worked well) and learn some Delphi so I'd be prepared for the eventual crossplatform release of Delphi. I don't know C++ nor did I ever want to learn it. Then Delphi XE came out and wasn't crossplatform. I thought about this. My original plan was to upgrade to RAD Studio 2011 (now named XE) and get my new version of Delphi prism as well as crossplatform Delphi (as well as C++ Builder). But the XE improvements over Delphi 2010 have no value for...

Organising code to compile between Win32 and Prism in Delphi XE RAD Studio
Before you all choke on your morning coffee, allow me to explain :-) We have a lot of Delphi code. Quite a lot of it is well mannered object oriented code. We'd like (need) to use this code to produce different binaries that target both .Net and Win32. We can already do this using Delphi 2007 RAD Studio, so we understand the pain points (which are not as many as you might think). Now we want to upgrade to Delphi XE RAD Studio. Essentially this means replacing the Delphi 2007.Net compiler with the Prism compiler. We appreciate there will be some additional pain points, but it's wo...

Free Exam Offer for Delphi XE and RAD Studio XE Users, can't get test code
Hello, Tried to get free test code, but on page http://certification.embarcadero.com/redeem i see only text "This promotion has expired". Offer valid till July 31, 2011 and on my calendar July 31, 2011. What is it? Am 31.07.2011 20:07, schrieb Andrei Chketov: > Hello, > > Tried to get free test code, but on page http://certification.embarcadero.com/redeem i see only text "This promotion has expired". > Offer valid till July 31, 2011 and on my calendar July 31, 2011. What is it? In which time zone are you? You might want to contact EMBT directly (e...

Any difference between Delphi Prism 2011 and Delphi Prism XE?
Looking at the features in Delphi Prism XE, they look the same as the new items in the 2011 release back in may. I there anything new in the XE release? or did they simply change the product branding? Just wondering if I need to update it or now when i download the rest. Thanks, Hi Dan, > Looking at the features in Delphi Prism XE, they look the same as the new items in the 2011 release back in may. I there anything new in the XE release? or did they simply change the product branding? Just wondering if I need to update it or now when i download the rest. See http://w...

How to install RAD Studio XE + RAD Studio 2010 in the same computer?
How to install RAD Studio XE + RAD Studio 2010 in the same computer? -- Regards, Eko Indriyawan www.ekoindri.com Delphi makes me that a something impossible can be realized with possible way Le 21/09/2010, Eko Indriyawan a supposé : > How to install RAD Studio XE + RAD Studio 2010 in the same computer? install D2010 first and DXE next and everything should be fine. - Florent Hi Florent, Thank you very much for your suggestion. Let me try to follow it. -- Regards, Eko Indriyawan www.ekoindri.com Delphi makes me that a something impossible can be ...

DLLs in RAD Studio XE vs RAD Studio 2007
We have a simple non-VCL DLL that we have used for a long time in RAD Studio 2007 projects. We have recreated it (from scratch) as an XE DLL project. Compiles just fine, creates the DLL and lib as before, but won't link to our XE app. The only difference between the two is that the 2007 function take a char* arg, and the XE function takes a wchar_t*. XE gives us an "unresolved external" when trying to link that function. The DLL lib is clearly in the path. We are wondering if XE has changed the DLL process since 2007 ? Appreciate any help thanks Kevin Ke...

Delphi XE Update 1 is now available
Update 1 for Delphi XE and C++Builder XE is now available. It's available first through the auto update system. It should be available from the registered users download pages within two hours and available in the full product installers and ISOs for purchasers, customers and trial downloaders next week. For more information, see the following. Update 1 or Delphi XE and C++Builder XE Readme http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/40881 Update 1 for Delphi XE and C++Builder XE Fix List http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/40984 Thanks, Tim -- Tim Del Chiaro Product Marketi...

Web resources about - Delphi Prism XE and RAD Studio XE are now available - embarcadero.delphiprism

Marco Rubio and Jeb Bush Respond to NR’s #AgainstTrump Editorial
Marco Rubio and Jeb Bush, in separate appearances on Fox News this morning, reacted to National Review ’s #AgainstTrump editorial and symposium ...

Microsoft Office for iOS adds 3D Touch, Apple Pencil features
Microsoft has released a few small but helpful updates to its Office apps for iOS, including 3D Touch features and Apple Pencil compatibility. ...

Michael Caine on #OscarsSoWhite: Black actors should 'be patient'
Add Michael Caine to the growing list of celebrities weighing in on the #OscarsSoWhite controversy The Oscar winner gave his thoughts about ...

Police Officer Indicted in Shooting of Unarmed Black Man
A white Atlanta-area police officer who shot a naked, mentally ill black veteran who was unarmed has been indicted on felony murder and other ...

Gov. Rick Snyder Denies Flint Water Crisis Is Environmental Racism
I must preface this morning's Governor Rick Snyder interview on Morning Joe with a quick recap of the dysfunction that is manifesting itself ...

Canceled flights pile up as major storm threatens Eastern US
NEW YORK (AP) — Airlines canceled 2,800 flights Friday to, from or within the U.S., as a blizzard swings up the East Coast, according to flight ...

Editorial Cartoons: Stock market, China and oil prices
In this slideshow, we illustrate through cartoons the struggles on Wall Street the past few weeks and the main culprits are actually taking place ...

North Korea Says It’s Holding U.S. Student for ‘Hostile Act’
The University of Virginia student has been accused of entering the North to bring “down the foundation of its single-minded unity.”

As A Gesture Of Inclusion Pope Francis Invites Woman In Foot Washing Ritual – Says ‘All Members Of The ...
Pope Francis invited a woman for the foot washing ritual. The religious leader insisted that all members of the people of God, should be allowed ...

Principal forces high school girl to kneel so he can check if her skirt is too short
One wonders what was going on in the mind of Edmonson County High School Principal Tommy Hodges when he ordered a teenage girl to get on her ...