Convert a Delphi 2006 WinForms project to Delphi Prism

How can I go about doing this short of recreating the project and transfering code?

Just wondering what to expect if we go to Prism.

Thanks.

--

Don Gollahon
0

Don Gollahon wrote:

> How can I go about doing this short of recreating the project and
> transfering code?
>
> Just wondering what to expect if we go to Prism.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Don,

Have you checked out the migration tool Oxidizer ?

http://prismwiki.codegear.com/en/Oxidizer

Cheers,
John

John
1/20/2009 7:56:24 PM
John Moshakis wrote:

>Don Gollahon wrote:
>
>> How can I go about doing this short of recreating the project and
>> transfering code?
>>
>> Just wondering what to expect if we go to Prism.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
>Hi Don,
>
>Have you checked out the migration tool Oxidizer ?
>
>http://prismwiki.codegear.com/en/Oxidizer
>
>Cheers,
>John

I read a post that said that was for Win32 to .NET only so I didn't bother to look.  I see now that it says Delphi win32 and .net to Prism.  So I'll try it.

--

Don Gollahon
0

Converting Delphi for Win32 to Delphi .Net(Prism)
Hi, I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to Delphi.net. Part of my code currently goes into a directory and pulls out a random file from this directory and loads the contents of the file for me. This code doesn't seem to work in Delphi.Net. It uses PString and a number of functions in SysUtils that don't seem to be present in Delphi.net's SysUtils file. If anyone can help me please, it would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks, Jonathan Mackey Jonathan Mackey a écrit : > I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to &...

Importing Delphi 2009 project in Delphi 2006
I've been using Delphi 2006 for a while and have never really felt the need to upgrade to a newer release given the expense. I'm looking at taking over on a project from someone else who developed it in Delphi 2009. The only code incompatibilities he can think of is some of the Unicode changes that were introduced after D2006 but that should be fairly easy to fix. My main concern is whether or not a project that was created in Delphi 2009 can even be *opened* in Delphi 2006. I don't know how file exte nsions or formats have changed between the two versions. Can anyone give me...

Any difference between Delphi Prism 2011 and Delphi Prism XE?
Looking at the features in Delphi Prism XE, they look the same as the new items in the 2011 release back in may. I there anything new in the XE release? or did they simply change the product branding? Just wondering if I need to update it or now when i download the rest. Thanks, Hi Dan, > Looking at the features in Delphi Prism XE, they look the same as the new items in the 2011 release back in may. I there anything new in the XE release? or did they simply change the product branding? Just wondering if I need to update it or now when i download the rest. See http://w...

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

converting delphi code to delphi .NET
Hi,I'm looking at converting quite a bit of old delphi code to delphi .NET .  I'm wondering can it be converted to VB.NET for certain ?  Or perhaps there are some unsupported functions etc in delphi and I should keep the code delphi ?  There are about 10,000 lines of code.   Anyone brave enough to take an estimate on how long it would take to convert 10,000 lines ?is going from delphi to delphi.NET smooth ?   Would going to another language cause complications ?Thanks! mike123   Mike123,   Sorry I can not help, however, I have the s...

Delphi 2006 product activation (re end of support for Delphi 2006) [Edit]
Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I recently got an email informing me support for Delphi 2006 was going to be dropped. I have mostly converted to Delphi 2009 now, but I'll still be able to activate my copy of 2006 on any future installation right? Edited by: David Howes on Jul 18, 2009 9:53 AM David Howes wrote: > Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I recently got an email informing me support for Delphi 2006 was going to be dropped. I have mostly converted to Delphi 2009 now, but I'll still be able to acti...

Converting from Delphi 2005 to Delphi XE5
I have developed a number of Windows applications in Delphi 2005. I recently purchased Delphi XE5. I have started by trying to compile an existing 2005 application. I am getting a 7 errors about FMXTeeEditor. [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'FMXTee.Editor.Brush.fmx' Not able to find a solution to this. Any help greatly appreciated. Did you open every form before compiling? The old forms get updated with new properties when they are opened. I would make a copy of the old project before doing any of this. maybe you have links to the older tchart files....i.e its not usi...

Delphi and Delphi Prism licensing question
When I buy Delphi and Delphi Prism, do I get a "named user licence" or a "workstation licence"? Can I install both products on two machines I use with the same licence keys? I have a Mac Pro ("Cyrus") running Vista 64 in VMware and a MacBook ("Blacky") running Vista 32 in Parallels. Can I install Delphi and Delphi Prism on both Cyrus and Blacky since I use both machines (and like to have all dev tools I use installed on both machines at all times)? Andrew Brehm wrote: > When I buy Delphi and Delphi Prism, do I get a "named user licence...

Delphi Prism for cross-platform projects: Started a project
As I suspected Delphi Prism is ideal for my purposes. Since I am a hobby linguist, my program is a Hebrew verb conjugation application. I am trying to formulate all necessary rules including all exceptions in Pascal. Last year I implemented a working prototype in Objective-C. http://web.mac.com/ajbrehm/Home/Software.html It worked, but wasn't portable; and Cocoa is a bit of a hassle when it comes to string manipulation since it offers no native support for unicode regular expressions. I can re-use the GUI. This is how I am planning to proceed, slowly, of course, since I am lazy an...

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

delphi.Net Delphi 2005 Project Upgrades?
Our company aquired the software property from another last year. Most of the projects were written in Delphi 2007. We purchased Delphi XE which gave us access to previous versions, including D 2007... all is well. However, 3 projects were written Delphi 2005 for .Net. The VM we received from this company included D2005 but it was licensed from the previous developer. I've contacted Embarcadero about obtaining a copy and or a license+registration for Delphi 2005 and was told this product is no longer available. I'm under the impression Delphi for .Net was abandoned. My qu...

delphi 2010 memory not released when closing delphi project
each time im runing delphi 2010 the memory that was used was not release after closing a project and the memory don't stop to grow and the browsing for file becoming slow any idea ? Thanks Pierre Auger wrote: > each time im runing delphi 2010 the memory that was used was not > release after closing a project and the memory don't stop to grow and > the browsing for file becoming slow > > any idea ? You are using some 3rd-party components that do not properly release memory in their design-time packages would be my guess. A design-time package stays l...

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Web resources about - Convert a Delphi 2006 WinForms project to Delphi Prism - embarcadero.delphiprism

TDD of a WinForm app – Part 5 – Validating the account data
In our last post, we worked on allowing our user to enter new accounts – basically making our AddAccountForm usable. We were able to do that ...

Stack Overflow
Stack Exchange log in - careers - chat - meta - about - faq Questions Tags Users Badges Unanswered Ask Question Top Questions interesting 325 ...

Barcode Recognition and Creation - 2D Barcodes - Accusoft Pegasus
... documents, process, forms, track inventory or separate document batches ImageGear for .NET .NET 32/64-bit Fully-managed code for Winforms, ...

Why Microsoft has made developers horrified about coding for Windows 8
Microsoft's Windows 8 demonstration at the D9 conference looked pretty, but …

What language was ASP.Net originally written in?
In this video , Peter Hallam, one of the original C# designers talks about a new C# v3 feature, but also says that WinForms was the original ...

Services - Bad At Math's Blog
Services Portfolio Blog About Services Bad At Math is a software consulting and development firm. We specialize in the following areas: Web Development ...

Why WPF for LOB applications? - Bizcoder
... users don’t really care too much about skinning their ERP application, but it does need to look good and it should be consistent. Stock Winforms ...

Getting Started With Your Own Software Company
Eric Sink has a new article in MSDN offering a few suggestions on Getting Started With Your Own Software Company. It sounds exactly how I would ...

Learning WiX from ground up
... And here is a list of tools that you may want to check out: SharpSetup creates bootstrapper and GUI for your WiX installer in C# and WinForms. ...

:: CODE Magazine - Online Content ::
Content by Category .NET 1.x .NET 2.0 .NET 3.0 .NET 3.5 .NET 4.0 .NET Assemblies .NET Framework .NET Getting Started Accessibility ADO.NET Advertorials ...