TIBDatabase an TIBTRansaction

Hi there,

So far i worked with MDODatabase and MDOTransaction with automatic commits, but know i need to migrate to TIB componentes and it seams to work well when inserting new records.
 _*myTransaction is used for a half a dozen o datasets*_  like this:
           read_committed
           rec_version
           nowait

I just had to create a generic procedure like  MyCommitOrRollBack which performs this code:

  try
    myDataModule.myIbTransactin.CommitRetaining;
  except
    myDataModule.myIbTransaction.Rollback ;
    Raise ;
  end;
 wich is called from the AfterPost event
It works perfect while inserting new records but Not on Updates. On updates it seam to save, new data is shown on the form But when mooving to other and comming bat the old data reapears

I also tried myIbDataset.transaction commitreteining and the same thing happens!
It report's No Error, the post works fine but later the data appear again!!!

This DataSets are hooked on to another (master/detail)

 What i'm drivem mad! What am i doing wrong?

Please help.

Regards
Mário
0
Utf
5/15/2015 12:12:26 PM
embarcadero.delphi.xml 291 articles. 0 followers. Follow

XMl to XML

XML in, XML out
Hi All (and a happy holiday to those that will get a break), I am trying to read in an XML file of addresses. I need to remove all the address data from the file where code =~ /^000/ (there are none in the example data below). I need to reproduce that data 'as is', so I need to honour the tag structure, although the order of the tags doesn't need to be honoured. I have been trying to use XML::Simple and I had a go with XML::Smart but I haven't been able to get the results I want. My best effort is below (with XML::Simple). There are a couple of differences ...

New to XML in Delphi
This is my first attempt to read an XML file in Delphi. Below is the code I am using. I placed a TXMLDocument component on a form and named the component XMLDoc. My questions: 1 - Is there a better way to do what this line of code does? {code} xmldoc.DocumentElement.ChildNodes['ins'].ChildNodes['in']; {code} 2 - Should I free anything at the end? Like this(I tried this but got an 'access violation' error.): {code} FreeAndNil(ProcessNode); FreeAndNil(EntryNode); {code} 3 - Am I doing this correctly overall? {code} procedure TForm4....

XML::Parser XML::DOM XML::XSLT
------_=_NextPart_001_01C6E0D0.3E27D77A Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Craig and fellow VMS Perlers, You last wrote about this Fri 3/16/2001 11:24 AM, not counting your very helpful comments on Eisner/Decuserve more recently. One of my colleagues sent me an email requesting that I make XML::XSLT=20 available on VMS. perl 5.8.6, VMS 7.3-2, DECC 7.1 latest ACRTL (version 3) on Alpha XML::XSLT (version 0.48) depends on XML::Parser (version 2.34). This depends on expat (version 2.0.0). I built expat a...

XML to ClientDataset
Hi, XML Mapper which converts XML to clientdataset using transformation option, but the problem here is that for individual node it works fine without any issue but with nested node it fails to transform and shows error as ‘Parameter is Incorrect’ I would have attributed it to XML version that XML Mapper (XE) supports but going by release date of RAD Studio XE it should support latest XML version 1.0 (Fifth Edition) Has there been a fix for the error by XML Mapper or there's an alternate library to generate transformation (.xtr) file Regards, Asim ...

SqlServer to Delphi via XML
What's the best/quickest way to extract database table schemas from MSSQLServer into XML that can be mapped to Delphi classes representing the tables? I'm using Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. IE - SqlServer->-XML->Object Pascal - what tools/components? Thanks, MNG Hi Mikey, > What's the best/quickest way to extract database table schemas from MSSQLServer into XML that can be mapped to Delphi classes representing the tables? I'm using Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. Do you need to do that dynamically, i.e. at run-time, or do you just need a little tool...

Delphi Threads XML slow
Hello, why does Button1Click takes ~ 1 sec. and Button2Click ~ 2 sec? See code below. I have a 5 MB XML file. If I load/parse this file in main VCL thread it takes about 1 sec. (Button1Click) If I load/parse this file (a copy of this file for each thread) in two different threads at the same time it takes about 2 sec. (Button2Click) Theoretically it should take the same time (with a little thread creation overhead). I have tried other XML Parsers (OXML, JvSimpleXML, MSXML6) which are faster than TXMLDocument but with multithreading it takes really more time. The same with t...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 2010 and xml clientdataset
I seem to remember somebody reporting an issue with storing a clientdataset in the XML format when using Delphi 2010. I can't find the thread but am having a similar problem and was wondering whether this bug was fixed. I need to know so that I can look for another source of my problem if it was fixed. Thanks Bruce > {quote:title=Bruce Eglington wrote:}{quote} > I seem to remember somebody reporting an issue with storing a clientdataset > in the XML format when using Delphi 2010. I can't find the thread but am > having a similar problem and was wonderi...

XML to XML transform
Hi all, I have an XML file in which I just want to change a couple of values.  So, the end result is a new file with exactly the same XML structure.  I am new to XML and XSLT, so I thought I'd start off with something simple; I created an xsl file that would just copy the source directly across without modifying the values (I can do this later, once I have the first bit figured) - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:con="http://eviware.com/soapui/config"><xsl:template match="/"...

SQLServer to Delphi via XML...
What's the best/quickest way to extract database table schemas from MSSQLServer into XML that can be mapped to Delphi classes representing the tables? I'm using Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. IE - SqlServer->-XML->Object Pascal - what tools/components? Thanks, MNG Mikey G schreef: > What's the best/quickest way to extract database table schemas from MSSQLServer into XML that can be mapped to Delphi classes representing the tables? I'm using Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. > > IE - SqlServer->-XML->Object Pascal - what tools/components? > ...

XML to ClientDataset
Hi, XML Mapper which converts XML to clientdataset using transformation option, but the problem here is that for individual node it works fine without any issue but with nested node it fails to transform and shows error as ‘Parameter is Incorrect’ I would have attributed it to XML version that XML Mapper (XE) supports but going by release date of RAD Studio XE it should support latest XML version 1.0 (Fifth Edition) Has there been a fix for the error by XML Mapper or there's an alternate library to generate transformation (.xtr) file Regards, Asim ...

Delphi 2009 and XML Parser
Hi, I use XML Parser (http://destructor.de/xmlparser/) in my applications. Unfortunately the developer doesn't seem to continue his work (no updates since 2003. Did anybody make this code working for Delphi 2009? What is a good alternative to parse XML data? I just need something for a scanner like this: FParser.StartScan; while FParser.Scan do begin case FParser.CurPartType of ptXmlProlog: FEncoding := BSStrToCodePage(FParser.Encoding); ptStartTag, ptEmptyTag: begin last := curr; curr := NewBSXmlElement(FParser.CurName...

Web resources about - TIBDatabase an TIBTRansaction - embarcadero.delphi.xml