Delphi 7, Indy

I am trying to learn to use the Indy components with D7.  I'm using the book "Mastering Delphi 7".  I can't follow his examples, and below is a couple of excerpts that I need help with.

The first relates to a form with a TIdTCPClient component on it.  He indicates the following:

object IdTCPServer1: TIdTCPServer
         defaultPort = 1050
end

Is he indicating that the property should be set to 1050, or is this some type of code?  If so, I'm lost.  I would appreciate some help

Another puzzler is

object IdTCPServer1:   TIdTCPServer
         CommandHandlers = <
         item = 'test'
         Name = 'TIdCommandHandler()'
         ParseParams = false
         ReplayNormal.NumericCode = 100
         ReplayNormal.Text.Strings = ('Hello from your Indy Server')
         ReplayNormal.TextCode = '100'
end

Is this code?  Please set me straight.

Thanks

Jim Sawyer, DataWare
0
Jim
11/30/2011 8:04:02 PM
embarcadero.delphi.xml 291 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jim wrote:

> The first relates to a form with a TIdTCPClient component on it.  He
> indicates the following:
>
> object IdTCPServer1: TIdTCPServer
> defaultPort = 1050
> end
>
> Is he indicating that the property should be set to 1050, or is this
> some type of code?

He is showing what the component definition looks like in the form's DFM.
 He set the DefaultPort property to 1050 using the Objct Inspector.

> Another puzzler is
>
> object IdTCPServer1:   TIdTCPServer
> CommandHandlers = <
> item = 'test'
> Name = 'TIdCommandHandler()'
> ParseParams = false
> ReplayNormal.NumericCode = 100
> ReplayNormal.Text.Strings = ('Hello from your Indy Server')
> ReplayNormal.TextCode = '100'
> end
> Is this code?  Please set me straight.

That is another DFM definition.  He used the Object Inspector to add an item
to the component's CommandHandlers collection, and then set that item's Command,
ParseParams, and ReplyNormal properties to the values shown.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

delphi 7 Indy 9 and Indy 10
Hi, I can upgrade to indy 10 in delphi 7. But I have discover that indy 9 and Indy 10 have some different properties, so i had to change my old programs that were made in indy 9 to upgrade it to new version, but it is a long work. So I want to know if it is possible to install in the same delphi 7 both versions indy 10 and indy 9. I have tried to do it but i received a error message: Cannot load package 'IndySystem70'. It contains unit 'IdWinSock2', which is also contained in package 'Indy70'. Some can give me ideas or a link to read how to install both versi...

I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, after i bought delphi 7
I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? "I embezzled some money from my employer, returned the funds, and then got it back as a bonus. Can I still be arrested?" Uhhh .... didn't you just confess to a crime? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an appli...

Unofficial Delphi 7 updates
Anybody noticed, even tried this Enhanced Run Time library for Delphi ? It's a hack of the D7 RTL/VCL http://blog.synopse.info/post/2009/12/20/Enhanced-Run-Time-library-for-Delphi-7 It's very interesting and I'd like to know it's stability. Edwin Ye wrote: > Anybody noticed, even tried this Enhanced Run Time library for Delphi > ? It's a hack of the D7 RTL/VCL This library violates Delphi's license (redistributing of RTL/VCL source files is not allowed). The last post was deleted and I'm sure this one will be deleted, too. -- Andreas H...

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Moving from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? Specifically, is there better Vista/Win7/Win8 integration provided by Delphi 2007? (In the project I am already using a custom manifest file for Vista/Win7 etc.. and not the std XPMan component) Does 2007 add any new bugs to the scene? Thanks Rael Rael wrote: > Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from > Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? If you are going to upgrade, why not upgrade to something newer? > In the project I am already using a custom man...

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE3

Delphi 2007 RTL in Delphi 7

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Migrating to Delphi XE from Delphi 7.0
Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... Hello All, I create a web application in Delphi 7.0, using the Web Server Application, CGI, IntraWeb 7.0.15. And I used TIWPageProducer to view like this url "http://localhost/mcr/mcr.exe/main". I built and run. I viewed in thru IIS and it is running... This is my code in Delphi 7.0 .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end; procedure TWebModule1....

Web resources about - Delphi 7, Indy - embarcadero.delphi.xml