XE2 + Indy 10 error

I am trying to install indy10_7270 on Delphi X2, I keep getting this error

[DCC Fatal Error] IndySystem160.dpk(75): F2051 Unit IdIDN was compiled with a different version of IdGlobal.IndyCheckWindowsVersion

Anyone know how to fix it?

Paul
0
Paul

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 15:01:55 -0700, Paul Dexter <> wrote:

>I am trying to install indy10_7270 on Delphi X2, I keep getting this error
>
>[DCC Fatal Error] IndySystem160.dpk(75): F2051 Unit IdIDN was compiled with a different version of IdGlobal.IndyCheckWindowsVersion
>
>Anyone know how to fix it?

Maybe you have a dcu file compiled in a different IDE version on the
path somewhere?
I have many RAD studio versions installed on my PC and in order to
safeguard against the rogue path I have created a batch file that sets
the path for the IDE and then starts the IDE. THis way I don't get a
lot of stuff I don't need onto the IDE. Maybe thta is something you
could try?
Here is my batch file for XE5:
{code}
@ECHO OFF
REM This is the path setting for RAD Studio XE5 (version 12.0) located
at: C:\Programs\Embarcadero\StartRadStudioXE5.bat
SET PATH=C:\Programs\Embarcadero\RAD
Studio\12.0\bin;C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD
Studio\12.0\Bpl;C:\Programs\Embarcadero\RAD
Studio\12.0\bin64;C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\12.0\Bpl\Win64;
SET BDSPROJECTSDIR=D:\Engineering\Projects\PC
START "" "C:\Programs\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\12.0\bin\bds.exe" -np
{code}
I have only included the path items clarly belonging to XE5 and it
works just fine.

---
Bo Berglund
Sweden & Texas
Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 1.92/32.572
0
Bo

migrating from Delphi 6 With Indy 10 to XE7 with Indy 10
I updated the original Indy in D6 to version 10 several years ago. Now I want to migrate my application from D6 to XE7 and would like some feedback on the best route to take. I usually send data using readln and writeln statements. The data is typically XML format. Since migrating to XE7 will include potential unicode data what is the best approach to take when reading and writing data? Will writeln and readln work in these cases or should I be using a different strategy to send unicode data between the tidtcpclient and tidtcpserver applications? al wrote: > I usually send data ...

Indy 10 Delphi XE2 confusion
I have just taken the plunge and updated from Delphi 5 to XE2. In D5 I have been happily using the ClientSocket and ServerSocket components to do some fairly basic TCP comms. I am now trying to understand how to do it using Indy 10. Unfortunately there seems to be very little in the way of examples and doco that is written for non gurus. Is there a huge demo folder somewhere that I have missed seeing? If I understand correctly there also seems to have been a change sometime during Indy 10 from Threads to Contexts. Most of the examples I have been able to find will not compile under XE2, even...

Indy 10 Delphi XE2 confusion
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_663cb.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Updated "Chat 2.0" demo for Indy 10 in XE2. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) --JivePart=_663cb.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="Chat.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Chat.zip" UEsDBBQAAAAAAAyxjD8AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAAAAQ2hhdCAyLjAvQ2xpZW50L1BLAwQUAAAA...

Indy stack Error with Delphi XE2 and DAtaSnap
Trying to get through the multitier datasnap server demo and I keep getting a socket error # 10061 Socket refused - every thing compiles and works up until I test the TSQLConnection - I have loading the user/pass params and entering at login. All the test connections seemed to be fine until this point? [50FA3CB7]{IndySystem160.bpl} Idstack.TIdStack.RaiseSocketError + $73 [50FA3C3E]{IndySystem160.bpl} Idstack.TIdStack.RaiseLastSocketError + $16 [50FA3BA9]{IndySystem160.bpl} Idstack.TIdStack.CheckForSocketError + $15 [50FA0AFD]{IndySystem160.bpl} Idstackwindows.TIdStackWindows.Connect + $...

Indy 10.6 compiler error with Delphi 6
In IdWinsock2.pas, lines 5684 to 5687, some IFDEFs seem to be missing to work around the missing unit64 type in Delphi 6: Here is the 'fixed' code with IFDEFs PeerApplicationAccessTokenHandle : {$IFDEF HAS_UInt64}UInt64{$ELSE}Int64{$ENDIF}; PeerMachineAccessTokenHandle : {$IFDEF HAS_UInt64}UInt64{$ELSE}Int64{$ENDIF}; MmSaId : {$IFDEF HAS_UInt64}UInt64{$ELSE}Int64{$ENDIF}; QmSaId : {$IFDEF HAS_UInt64}UInt64{$ELSE}Int64{$ENDIF}; -- Michael Justin Hello Michael, > In IdWinsock2.pas, lines 5684 to 5687, some IFDEFs seem to be missing > to...

Indy 10: multicasting in Windows and MAC with Delphi XE2
Hi everyone, I am trying the new version of Delphi, XE2. I want to make a mDNS client / server, so I have placed the components TIdIPMCastClient and TIdIPMCastServer, and configured them. Under Windows, I have been able to send packets using the TIdIPMCastServer, although they are not with the source port 5353 (the one for mDNS), because I get always the error "address already in use". How can I workaround this problem, so I can send multicast datagrams with source port 5353? But under MAC, I have alway the error "Socket error #22, invalid argument". I have tried two...

Delphi XE2 - Indy 10
Dear folks As result of security issues one of the email services in NZ has changed the settings of their email server. It used to be port 25 and outgoing mail was SMTP.xtra.co.nz. The port is now 465 and outgoing mail is now send.xtra.co.nz. The client configuration requires authentication and a secure connection (SSL). The result is that my code to connect for everyone using that provider is now "busted". I have changed the port and outgoing host accordingly. And have set the IOHandler of idSMTP as IdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL1. With the Authtype as satSASL. I have als...

Delphi 5 Indy 10.0.52 connect error not socket
Please can someone explain what error is happening here or how to get an error code try SMTP.Connect; except on e:EidSocketError do begin {whole lots of error trapping here MessageDlg('Socket error on connection. Error code'+inttostr(LastSocketError), mtError, [mbOk], 0); end; on e:Exception do begin uLogFile.putLog('SendMail - Connect error not socket Error : '+e.message); ...

Delphi XE2, Indy 10
Dear folks The following code is supposed to send a text string to a client that is listening on a set port and ip address. The connection works fine. The problem is that nothing seems to be sent. {code} function TFCSelectForm.SendNitroMessage(NitroRequest: String): String; var sStrm: TMemoryStream; begin try sStrm := TMemoryStream.Create; try sStrm.WriteBuffer(Pointer(NitroRequest)^,Length(NitroRequest)); // sStrm shows as () in the debugger IdTCPClient1.IOHandler.Write(sStrm, 0, False); sStrm.Position := 0; finally ...

delphi 7 Indy 9 and Indy 10
Hi, I can upgrade to indy 10 in delphi 7. But I have discover that indy 9 and Indy 10 have some different properties, so i had to change my old programs that were made in indy 9 to upgrade it to new version, but it is a long work. So I want to know if it is possible to install in the same delphi 7 both versions indy 10 and indy 9. I have tried to do it but i received a error message: Cannot load package 'IndySystem70'. It contains unit 'IdWinSock2', which is also contained in package 'Indy70'. Some can give me ideas or a link to read how to install both versi...

Delphi 2009
Hello, I am using Delphi 2009 with a recent Indy 10.5.5 development snapshot. In my code I am using a TIDHttp with TIDSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL. The Open SLL .dlls I am using is from the the indy website and are openssl-0.9.8k-i386-win32. The issue is, randomly, I am getting a socket error # 0 error. I never got this error with Delphi 2007 and Indy 10.2.3. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you. The code looks something like this: var sHttpResult, sVar, sParam: string; ssHttpResult : TStringStream; slPostData : TStringList; begin IdSSL.CheckForDi...

Indy E-Mail Problem (Indy 10, Delphi 2007)
Hello, we use Indy 10 with Delphi 2007 to get E-Mail using IMAP. We recieved an E-Mail which is not handled correctly. The E-Mail looks like this {code} Return-Path: <test@mail.com>; From: "Test Tester" <test@mail.com>; To: <test@mail.com>; Subject: Order Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:50:40 +0100 Message-ID: <15D526BEB8091D43859549D9E16E370FBA3123> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 14.0 Thread-Index: AQFk6K6fcF3...

Error "Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check each status value setting datetime field value" with TADOQuery and TDateTime (Delphi XE2)
Hello all, I've created an application which should do some automated tasks. When I run the application normally (as admin on a Window Server 2008 R2 x64 + MSSQL Server 2008 R2) everything works just fine. But whe I run the application a a 'sceduled taks' (with a different Windows User account), I get the following error when I modify a datetime field of a SQL query and I try to post the record Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check each status value setting datetime field value This is what I do (not exact query...): procedure Edit(aConn: T...

Web resources about - XE2 + Indy 10 error - embarcadero.delphi.winsock

Pilot error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pilot error (sometimes called cockpit error ) is a term used to describe the cause of an accident involving an airworthy aircraft where the pilot ...

Eliminating errors secret to Western Sydney Wanderers' win streak: Mitch Nichols
Western Sydney Wanderers star Mitch Nichols believes his side's ascension to the top of the A-League is down to getting rid of the fatal errors ...

Is This The Biggest Bluebook Error Of Them All?
Who deserves credit (or blame) for the authoritative (and often criticized) legal citation manual?

10 continuity errors in popular movies that somehow made it to the final cut
... that suddenly appears on a different side of the room or a character that isn't quite in the right spot from one shot to the next, these errors ...

Transportation secretary: Red Line train may have left station unmanned due to ‘operator error’
Officials are investigating a case of ‘operator error’ that may have allowed an unmanned Red Line train to leave Braintree Station Thursday morning. ...

Operator Error ‘Primary Focus’ Of Runaway Red Line Train Investigation
... BOSTON (CBS) — MBTA officials say the investigation into the runaway Red Line train Thursday morning is focused primarily on operator error. ...

"Human error" blamed for U.S. airstrike on Afghan hospital
"This was a tragic, but avoidable accident" says U.S. commander in Afghanistan of deadly U.S.

Gary schools move to correct budget errors
Gary schools move to correct budget errors Chicago Tribune She was succeeded by Michael Washington, who was fired by the school board in April. ...

The worst error a Chinese journo can make?
Four staff at China News Service have been suspended after a report about Xi Jinping's speech mistakenly referred to his resignation.

5 Factual Errors In The NAACP’s $5 Billion Demand For ‘Climate Justice’
5 Factual Errors In The NAACP’s $5 Billion Demand For ‘Climate Justice’