Which OpenSSL version with XE8?

Hi, I'm migrating to XE8 and I'use INDY to SSL comunications in my projects. The latest OpenSSL available is 1.0.2c. May I use this release with XE8 update1 or I have to use a previous one?

Thank you
Regards
Davide
0
Davide

Davide wrote:

> Hi, I'm migrating to XE8 and I'use INDY to SSL comunications in
> my projects. The latest OpenSSL available is 1.0.2c. May I use
> this release with XE8 update1 or I have to use a previous one?

You can (and should) use the latest OpenSSL version.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> Davide wrote:
>
> > Hi, I'm migrating to XE8 and I'use INDY to SSL comunications in
> > my projects. The latest OpenSSL available is 1.0.2c. May I use
> > this release with XE8 update1 or I have to use a previous one?
>
> You can (and should) use the latest OpenSSL version.

Ok!

Thanks

> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Davide Angeli
0
Davide
> Davide wrote:
>
> > Hi, I'm migrating to XE8 and I'use INDY to SSL comunications in
> > my projects. The latest OpenSSL available is 1.0.2c. May I use
> > this release with XE8 update1 or I have to use a previous one?
>
> You can (and should) use the latest OpenSSL version.

Ok!

Thanks

> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Davide Angeli
0
Davide

ANN: ODBC DAC version for Delphi XE8 has been released
ANN: *ODBC DAC* version for *Delphi XE8* has been released ------------------------------------------------------------- Softvector.com is happy to announce that *ODBC DAC* (ODBC Data Access Components) version for *Delphi XE8* has been released. *ODBC DAC* is a component set for Delphi to access any database via *ODBC* interface directly, skipping the BDE or ADO. These easy to use components give you the highest possible performance and allow you to use all *ODBC* specific features. ------------------------------------------------------------- Contents of package:...

Delphi 2007 Indy 9 + OpenSSL + DDL version issue
HI, All I tried to work Delphi 2007 Indy 9 work with OpenSSL, even I do have the 2 DLLs (libeay32 and ssleay32) in the same directory as the executables (I have removed these 2 DLLs in the System32 folder), I still get "Can not load SSL Library" error, so I trace the source code, and I found that IdSSLOpenSSLHeaders.Load function return False, futher the following function pointers were set to nil: @IdSslCtxSetInfoCallBack @IdSslX509StoreCtxGetAppDate @IdSslSessionGetId @IdSslSessionGetIdCtx @IdSslCtxGetVersion @IdSslCtxSetOptions @IdSslX509GetNotBefore @IdSs...

Is there a TRichEdit98 version suitable for the latest delphi versions?
Hello all, I am using TRichEdit98 in an old component I am trying to port to DelphiXE so I was wondering if anyone knows if there exist a TRichEdit98 for Delphi 2010? Regards On 21-Sep-10 22:41, John Ioannides wrote: > Hello all, > > I am using TRichEdit98 in an old component I am trying to port to DelphiXE so I was wondering if anyone knows if there exist a TRichEdit98 for Delphi 2010? Have you looked at TJvRichEdit in the JVCL? Not sure how much work converting from TRichEdit98 to TJvRichEdit will be, but it's probably worth the trouble as TJvRichEdit is compa...

Will Delphi XE2 co-exist with other Delphi versions ?
Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes. As far as I know that has always been the case. -- -Mike (TeamB) Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes -- it has always been the case that the new version co-exists peacefully with all the older ones. -- Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager Gateway Ticketing Systems http://www.gatewayticketing.com > {quote:title=Mike Williams ...

New version of OpenSSL released
Due to the recent publishing of information regarding a TLS/SSL protocol vulnerability (previous ISC diary entry can be found here http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=7534) OpenSSL has released a new version (OpenSSL 0.9.8l). It should be noted that this update does not "fix" the vulnerability in the protocol. It appears that they have made the choice to simply remove TLS/SSL renegotiation from their package by default. I would urge anyone who is running a SSL enabled site that uses OpenSSL to thoroughly test their application as well as any software clients that ...

Delphi versions
Is Delphi 2007 the last version of Delphi that defaults the String type to AnsiString? Is it still available from Embarcadero? I have a whole lot of projects that use the String type and I have been compiling them in Delphi 7. Pier "Pier Nardin" <piern@ramm.co.za> wrote in message news:590487@forums.embarcadero.com... > Is Delphi 2007 the last version of Delphi that defaults the String type to > AnsiString? Is it still available from Embarcadero? I have a whole lot of > projects that use the String type and I have been compiling them in Delphi > ...

Delphi Versions
Don't laugh, but I am not a company and years ago I purchased Delphi 5 professional out of my own pocket, along with Crystal reports developer, Infopower and Orpheus components, help & manual help writer, etc... I am currently writing a program that I would like to market - not complex, single user, non server based. I'm taking a shot on my own without a company to hold my hand. I just want to know if there are any major concerns with continuing with this version of Delphi for the time being? Money is an issue in that I just don't have enough to upgrade all th...

HELP! Trying to Complie old Delphi program on any version of Delphi
Hey everyone I'm new to the programming world and unfortunately I have come across a big problem that I will hope I can get some help with. I have a program that was apparently created using delphi 3 and then finished using delphi 4 with some additional parts added later. I have found copies of amost every version of delphi ever made and installed them on my pc and attempted to compile this program in question. Unfortuantely I have yet to get it to compile without a few thousand error messages and I am st uck between a rock and a hard place. I know very little of Delphi programming, let a...

FastScript in Delphi XE8
I am converting from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE8, and am now nearing the finish line, but have one remaining major roadblock: FastScript I use Fastscript very heavily as a way to allow our users to write scripts that can extend our software as much as they like, including creating forms and adding buttons. This is not working. A specific problem that I have, is that code that works great in Delphi 2006 does not work in Delphi XE8. Specifically, if my script contains a reference to a "TForm", or "TBitBtn" (as well as many other components), then FastScript will return ...

HTML Editor Library trial is now available for Delphi 6
HTML Editor Library trial is now available for Delphi 6 - Delphi XE8 Please use the following link to download the trial: http://delphihtmlcomponents.com/editor.html Hi! Do you have another emailadress than the support@delphihtmlcomponents.com, because I would like to upgrade to the Editor-package, but I can't email you. Gruß aus den Bergen Günter Please use asviridenkov at gmail.com > {quote:title=G|nter Kieninger wrote:}{quote} > Hi! > > Do you have another emailadress than the > support@delphihtmlcomponents.com, because I would like t...

FastScript in Delphi XE8
*Edit: This is now solved, but I leave the original message below for reference. The solution was essentially to delete all traces of FastReports (That's "Reports", not "Script") from the computer, as it was interfering with FastScript. This was actually fairly involved to do, and we did it under the supervision of someone from FastScript tech support, who was extremely helpful. If you run into the problem described below, be sure to contact their technical support and see if maybe you are experiencin g the same issue, and how to resolve it. I hope this is helpfu...

Best practice when code should still compile with elder versions of Delphi but also Delphi 2009
When tryung to compile Turbopower Orpheus and other Turbopower products which I still use in my applications and therefor need to convert to Delphi 2009, I get lots of warnings even though others has made it possible to get Orpheus compiled. The problem is checking a char in a set which gives a type cast warning and suggests using a new function instead. [DCC Warning] ovcdbnum.pas(401): W1050 WideChar reduced to byte char in set expressions. Consider using 'CharInSet' function in 'SysUtils' unit. So what would be the best practice here eg. correcting this ro...

Nice, Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7.
Looking at the details for Delphi XE Professional while checking the prices etc and found the above as part of a paragraph. "Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7. Details will be included with your order confirmation email and in the product readme." Very nice bonus! Brian > {quote:title=Brian Evans wrote:}{quote} > Looking at the details for Delphi XE Professional while checking the > prices etc and found the above as part of a paragraph. > > "Delphi XE includes free acce...

Free Version of Delphi
Hi Are there any free evaluation versions of Delphi. Or Free versions of previous version of Delphi. I just want to try before I buy Thank you P.S. Im in New Zealand. How do I find and buy Delphi over here. Or do I log onto the main Codegear site and buy the download and pay with a credit card. thank you.. Peter, You can download evaluation versions at http://embarcadero.com/downloads/index.php You'll need to register and afterwards you'll receive an installation key (lasts for about two weeks) There are the Turbo versions at http://www.codegear.com/products...

Web resources about - Which OpenSSL version with XE8? - embarcadero.delphi.winsock

OpenSSL: The Open Source toolkit for SSL/TLS
The OpenSSL Project is a collaborative effort to develop a robust,commercial-grade, full-featured, and OpenSource toolkit implementing the Secure ...

OpenSSL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
OpenSSL is an open-source implementation of the SSL and TLS protocols. The core library , written in the C programming language , implements ...

OpenSSL Fact (@OpenSSLFact) on Twitter

Core Infrastructure Initiative to delve into security of OpenSSL, OpenSSH, Network Time Protocol
The Linux Foundation today announced the first protocols that it wants to address as part of its open-source code testing and security review. ...

Heartbleed prompts joint vendor effort to boost OpenSSL, security
Reeling from the Heartbleed security fiasco, major IT vendors including Microsoft, IBM, Intel, Google and Cisco are backing a Linux Foundation ...

OpenSSL releases several patches but none for serious issues
The OpenSSL project has released several patches for moderate flaws, including an additional defense against the Logjam vulnerability revealed ...

New OpenSSL flaw shakes faith in online security
Hot on the heels of Heartbleed, a 10 year-old OpenSSL flaw has emerge letting hackers intercept supposedly secure traffic.

Popular HTTPS sites still vulnerable to OpenSSL connection hijacking attack
Some of the Internet's most visited websites that encrypt data with the SSL protocol are still susceptible to a recently announced vulnerability ...

New bugs found in common encryption software OpenSSL
New bugs in the widely used encryption software known as OpenSSL were disclosed on Thursday, though experts say do not pose a serious threat ...

Heartbleed bug found in OpenSSL software prompts tech companies to urge passwords reset
People are being urged to reset their passwords amid warnings about a major new online bug.