Using LibrSSL with Indy

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has tried using LibreSSL
(http://www.libressl.org/) with Indy?

While the DLL names are different, would it be enough to just modify
Indy to use it or is there something extra that would be required?

Cheers,
Nick

--
Sent from my XanaNews v1.19.1.373
0

Nicholas wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone has tried using LibreSSL
> (http://www.libressl.org/) with Indy?

Never heard of it.

> While the DLL names are different, would it be enough to just modify
> Indy to use it

If it is just a DLL change, then yes.  But if it is an API change, then no.
 According to the site, the libssl portion is backwards-compatible with OpenSSL,
but the libtls portion is brand new.

> or is there something extra that would be required?

If you really want to test it, I would suggest making a copy of Indy's IdSSLOpenSSLHeader.pas
and IdSSLOpenSSL.pas file, rename all references to OpenSSL to LibrSSL as
needed, and then you can use that IOHandler in your project without having
to alter Indy itself.  Since Indy uses the IOHandler framework, you can plug
in custom IOHandlers as needed.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:

>Nicholas wrote:
>
>> Just wondering if anyone has tried using LibreSSL
>> (http://www.libressl.org/) with Indy?
>
>Never heard of it.

So I guess you haven't heard of BoringSSL
(https://boringssl.googlesource.com/boringssl/) either. This is
Google's fork of it.

>> While the DLL names are different, would it be enough to just
>>modify  Indy to use it
>
>If it is just a DLL change, then yes.  But if it is an API change,
>then no.   According to the site, the libssl portion is
>backwards-compatible with OpenSSL, but the libtls portion is brand
>new.

The 'libtls' portion, could this cause problems with Indy?

>> or is there something extra that would be required?
>If you really want to test it, I would suggest making a copy of
>Indy's IdSSLOpenSSLHeader.pas and IdSSLOpenSSL.pas file, rename all
>references to OpenSSL to LibrSSL as needed, and then you can use that
>IOHandler in your project without having to alter Indy itself.  Since
>Indy uses the IOHandler framework, you can plug in custom IOHandlers
>as needed.

That is nice and simple - Thanks for the suggestion! If you like, I
will report back here with my findings...

Cheers,
Nick

--
Sent from my XanaNews v1.19.1.373
0
Nicholas
4/9/2015 9:03:07 PM
Nicholas wrote:

> So I guess you haven't heard of BoringSSL

Nope.  I have never heard of *any* OpenSSL forks.

> The 'libtls' portion, could this cause problems with Indy?

I don't know, because I don't know what it is, how it works, if libssl uses
it, etc etc etc.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:

>> The 'libtls' portion, could this cause problems with Indy?
>
>I don't know, because I don't know what it is, how it works, if
>libssl uses it, etc etc etc.

Ok - Thanks.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Sent from my XanaNews v1.19.1.373
0
Nicholas

To use or not to use Delphi

Using Indy components with Delphi 7
First question: Should I update the Indy components (I'm using the ones which shipped with Delphi 7, Professional version). Second question: How can I get started in developing an application that will connect to an existing web service for the purpose of receiving som XML data? I need help in what components to use, property settings, and all the rest. I'm having a heck of a time finding detailed, straight forward information. Thanks Jim Sawyer DataWare > {quote:title=Jim Sawyer wrote:}{quote} > First question: Should I update the Indy components (I'm using t...

Using Delphi 6 updating Indy version [Edit]
I am using Delphi 6 with Indy. In this version the notify synch event appears to be broken. Is it possible to update to the latest version of Indy that matches what is included with XE7? If so, where can I find the actual update? FWIW: my current version is Indy 10.5.8.0 al wrote: > I am using Delphi 6 with Indy. In this version the notify synch event > appears to be broken. In what way? > Is it possible to update to the latest version of Indy that matches what > is included with XE7? Yes. > If so, where can I find the actual update? The same place you...

Delphi XE2, Indy 10
Dear folks The following code is supposed to send a text string to a client that is listening on a set port and ip address. The connection works fine. The problem is that nothing seems to be sent. {code} function TFCSelectForm.SendNitroMessage(NitroRequest: String): String; var sStrm: TMemoryStream; begin try sStrm := TMemoryStream.Create; try sStrm.WriteBuffer(Pointer(NitroRequest)^,Length(NitroRequest)); // sStrm shows as () in the debugger IdTCPClient1.IOHandler.Write(sStrm, 0, False); sStrm.Position := 0; finally ...

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

How design a COM using Delphi and Using in PB7?
I need some component, So, we want using DELPHI5 to develop a COM or Activex. What type of knowege or Skill I must know it. Can anyone tell us? from DRAOGN Can you explain what type of component you want to create? You may not need to a) build your own, or b) use Delphi. If the component should be used from within a PB application, you ought to use PB to develop it unless it is something that PB does not let you do. regards, Bill DRAGON wrote: > I need some component, So, we want using DELPHI5 to develop a COM or > Activex. > What type of knowege or Skill I ...

delphi 7 Indy 9 and Indy 10
Hi, I can upgrade to indy 10 in delphi 7. But I have discover that indy 9 and Indy 10 have some different properties, so i had to change my old programs that were made in indy 9 to upgrade it to new version, but it is a long work. So I want to know if it is possible to install in the same delphi 7 both versions indy 10 and indy 9. I have tried to do it but i received a error message: Cannot load package 'IndySystem70'. It contains unit 'IdWinSock2', which is also contained in package 'Indy70'. Some can give me ideas or a link to read how to install both versi...

can i use delphi 2007 bpls in delphi 2009

How to use AppModeler to generate Delphi forms using Cached Updates
<HTML> <TT>A beginner's question regarding AppModeler 6.1, Delphi 3, and Interbase 5.x...</TT> <P><TT>While I am impressed with the amount of thought and work that has gone into AppModeler, I have nonetheless been surprised to discover that the Delphi application generated by AppModeler is not suitable for real-world situations because of the "fly-away" problem afflicting newly-entered records.</TT> <P><TT>When I enter a record on an AppModeler-generated Delphi form, the record disappears ("flies away") immedia...

When to use ( and when to use ((?
I'm just not getting it. When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is the space after either or both mandatory? For example, I coded this statement: if (( $_ eq $bad_guys_ip )) { more_stuff_here }; Why the two (( in an if? And why does it seem to not work when I miss the space after the ((? Thanx! Mark me as... /Corn-fused|Dense/ > I'm just not getting it. >=20 > When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is > the space after either or both mandatory? >=20 > For example, I coded this sta...

If you use Delphi...
If you use Delphi for .NET with ASA, please vote for this: http://qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=31677 ...

Web resources about - Using LibrSSL with Indy - embarcadero.delphi.winsock

LibreSSL crypto library leaps from OpenBSD to Linux, OS X, more
First cross-platform version of cleaned-up OpenSSL fork