Upgrading Indy in Delphi XE2

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a problem upgrading Indy in XE2.

Well, truth be - I have upgraded, and Indy has installed successfully. I
can see in the IDE I'm running version 1.6.0.0 of the components.

The problem I'm having is trying to re-install the package
DCLIPINDYIMPL160.BPL

According to the instructions I can find, I need to rebuild the package
under  $(BDS)\source\indy\implementation

The only package I can find in here is IPIndyImpl.dpk, which I have rebuilt.

I have deleted every IPIndyImpl.bpl file on my drive. I have then
rebuilt the dpk file, which creates a IPIndyImpl160.bpl file with the
current date/time stamp on it - and there is only one on my drive.

I then try to add the following file back into Delphi's packages:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\9.0\bin\DCLIPINDYIMPL160.BPL

But I still get the error:

The procedure entry point
gra@Idglobal@ReadStringFromStream$qqrp22System@Classes@TStreamip25System@Sysutils@TEncoding
could not be located in the dynamic link library
c:\users\public\documents\rad studio\9.0\bpl\IPIndyImpl160.bpl.

I have confirmed that this bpl file is the new file that I've just compiled.

I'm sure it's going to be something basic - but I'm at a loss of where
to go to from here. I've searched the net, but most of what I have found
relates to lingering bpl files lying around.

When installing indy, I deleted every corresponding BPL file using the
command line prompt and:

  del ipindyimpl160.bpl /s

for example to make sure none were missed.

Does anyone have any advise?

Thanks & Regards

Adam.
0
Adam

Adam wrote:

> Well, truth be - I have upgraded, and Indy has installed successfully.
> I can see in the IDE I'm running version 1.6.0.0 of the components.

You mean 10.6.0.0.

> The problem I'm having is trying to re-install the package
> DCLIPINDYIMPL160.BPL
>
> According to the instructions I can find, I need to rebuild the
> package under  $(BDS)\source\indy\implementation
>
> The only package I can find in here is IPIndyImpl.dpk, which I have
> rebuilt.

DCLIPINDYIMPL160.BPL is a design-time package (hense the "dcl" prefix).

IPINDYIMPL160.BPL is a runtime package.

> But I still get the error:
>
> The procedure entry point
> gra@Idglobal@ReadStringFromStream$qqrp22System@Classes@TStreamip25Syst
> em@Sysutils@TEncoding could not be located in the dynamic link library
> c:\users\public\documents\rad studio\9.0\bpl\IPIndyImpl160.bpl.

Indy does not use SysUtils.TEncoding anymore.  In Indy 10.6, a new Idglobal.IIdTextEncoding
interface was introduced, and ReadStringFromStream() (like everything else
in Indy) was updated to use it.  At the time XE2 was released, Indy was using
SysUtils.TEncoding instead.  So clearly you still have something that is
referencing old code.  Which is likely DCLIPINDYIMPL160.BPL, which makes
sense since you did not recompile it to link against the newly recompiled
IPINDYIMPL160.BPL runtime package.  Don't ask how to recompile DCLIPINDYIMPL160.BPL,
I have no clue.  The instructions on Indy's website are what Embarcadero
told me at the time.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Thanks for your help...

> Don't ask how to recompile DCLIPINDYIMPL160.BPL,
> I have no clue.  The instructions on Indy's website are what Embarcadero
> told me at the time.

 From what I can tell, it looks like I can't recompile it. (It looks
like they haven't given us the source code).

Hopefully there's nothing in there that I'll need. I'll just ignore it
for the time being.

Thanks & Regards

Adam.
0
Adam

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

delphi.Net Delphi 2005 Project Upgrades?
Our company aquired the software property from another last year. Most of the projects were written in Delphi 2007. We purchased Delphi XE which gave us access to previous versions, including D 2007... all is well. However, 3 projects were written Delphi 2005 for .Net. The VM we received from this company included D2005 but it was licensed from the previous developer. I've contacted Embarcadero about obtaining a copy and or a license+registration for Delphi 2005 and was told this product is no longer available. I'm under the impression Delphi for .Net was abandoned. My qu...

Problem with Delphi 6 to Delphi 7 upgrade
I have just purchased Delphi XE because I have an immediate need of D7 which came for free with XE. I downloaded and installed D7 and I think I applied the Update 1 that I had also downloaded. After much messing around with old components, I have finally attempted to compile my D6 project with D7. I get the following error:- [Fatal Error] apm.dpr(225): Unit ExtDlgs was compiled with a different version of ExtCtrls.TPanel I have checked the library paths all point to D7 versions of everything and now am at a loss to know what to do next. Also checked the sequence to make sure that al...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

Is GNU Gettext for Delphi compatible with Delphi XE2 ?
The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi 5-2009. Thanks in advance lior ilan wrote: > The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi > 5-2009. > Thanks in advance It is, if you look in the forums mentioned in that website http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/ http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/message/3639 Regards Olivier ...

Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2
Hi All I'm porting a project from Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2 and have notice the VersionInfo "Release" and "Build" not being extracted correctly. Should be "1.2.3.4" but is getting "1.2.6150.4567" I'm using the following to extract the VersionInfo and works ok in Delphi 7 but doesnt get the "Release" and "Build" info when used in Delphi XE2. function GetVersion : string; { --------------------------------------------------------- Extracts the FileVersion element of the VERSIONINFO structure that Delphi ma...

Upgrad to Delphi 2010 Enterprise from Delphi 6 Enterprise
Hi, Is it possible to use the upgrade offer when upgrading to "Delphi 2010 Enterprise" from "Delphi 6 Enterprise" ? I can find a lot of different examples on upgrades.... but not this one ;-( Why is the price in the Nordic region higher than if I was buying in US? (40% off....) I've tried to registre my "Delphi 6" in order to reveive the Promo offer key, but I can't registre. Why is this ? Best regards Nils Unfortunately Embarcadero has changed the upgrading rules since February 1st. You can see it at http://www.embarcadero.com/upgrade...

How to upgrade Indy in Delphi 2009
Hi, Delphi 2009 comes with Indy 10.2.5, but because there is a bug with email attachments, I need to upgrade to the latest version of Indy (10.5.7 ?). The installation instructions are on the Indy website : [http://www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Docs/Indy10Installation.EN.aspx |http://www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Docs/Indy10Installation.EN.aspx ] But they are not clear to me. Does anyone know the exact procedure ? Thanks Herman <PC Support> wrote in message news:265626@forums.embarcadero.com... > The installation instructions are on the Indy website : > [http://...

Upgrading Indy in Delphi 2009
Hello, I'm in the process of upgrading the version of Indy 10 provided with Delphi 2009 (inorder to resolve the bug with email attachments). I've got the latest code "Indy10_4454.zip" from "http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/" and I've managed to track down some basic instructions on how to uninstall and then reinstall Indy but there seems to be some conflict as to wether I should be using the "dcl__120.dpk's" or the "dcl__130.dpk's". I can see that the 120's are currently installed in Delphi 2009 (which I believe is Delphi v12)...

Will Delphi XE2 co-exist with other Delphi versions ?
Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes. As far as I know that has always been the case. -- -Mike (TeamB) Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes -- it has always been the case that the new version co-exists peacefully with all the older ones. -- Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager Gateway Ticketing Systems http://www.gatewayticketing.com > {quote:title=Mike Williams ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Web resources about - Upgrading Indy in Delphi XE2 - embarcadero.delphi.winsock

Mac Spoofed: Upgrading [Low Quality]
PC teaches Mac about the benefits of upgradability.

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Looks like Labor's upgrading from Tarago to minibus
The people of Stafford have done the rest of Queensland a favour by electing Dr Anthony Lynham.

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube