Upgrading Indy in Delphi 2009

Hello,

I'm in the process of upgrading the version of Indy 10 provided with Delphi 2009 (inorder to resolve the bug with email attachments).

I've got the latest code "Indy10_4454.zip" from "http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/" and I've managed to track down some basic instructions on how to uninstall and then reinstall Indy but there seems to be some conflict as to wether I should be using the "dcl__120.dpk's" or the "dcl__130.dpk's".

I can see that the 120's are currently installed in Delphi 2009 (which I believe is Delphi v12) but a few posts (eg http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3204601/step-by-step-upgrade-of-indy-10-in-delphi-2009) say to use the 130's.

So I'm a bit confused... Also I thought Delphi v13 was skipped and Delphi 2010 is v14? So what is 130 for?

If someone could clarify which I should use that would be great,

Cheers...

Andy K

ps - also if there is a good link to some clear uninstall instruction that would be appreciated as well. Cheers...
0
Andrew

<Andrew Kindred> wrote in message news:298010@forums.embarcadero.com...

> I've got the latest code "Indy10_4454.zip" from
> "http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/" and I've managed to
> track down some basic instructions on how to
> uninstall and then reinstall Indy but there seems to
> be some conflict as to wether I should be using the
> "dcl__120.dpk's" or the "dcl__130.dpk's".

Use the 120 packages for D2009.  This has been stated many times before.

> Also I thought Delphi v13 was skipped and Delphi 2010 is v14?

That is correct.

> So what is 130 for?

We created 130 before knowing that Embarcadero was going to skip Delphi v13
and go to v14 instead.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Andy
0
Andrew
10/19/2010 8:27:37 AM
Seriously?

So why are there still 130 files in the SVN tree?

"Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" <no.spam@no.spam.com> wrote in message
> <Andrew Kindred> wrote in message news:298010@forums.embarcadero.com...
>
>> I've got the latest code "Indy10_4454.zip" from
>> "http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/" and I've managed to
>> track down some basic instructions on how to
>> uninstall and then reinstall Indy but there seems to
>> be some conflict as to wether I should be using the
>> "dcl__120.dpk's" or the "dcl__130.dpk's".
>
> Use the 120 packages for D2009.  This has been stated many times before.
>
>> Also I thought Delphi v13 was skipped and Delphi 2010 is v14?
>
> That is correct.
>
>> So what is 130 for?
>
> We created 130 before knowing that Embarcadero was going to skip Delphi
> v13 and go to v14 instead.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
John

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

How to upgrade Indy in Delphi 2009
Hi, Delphi 2009 comes with Indy 10.2.5, but because there is a bug with email attachments, I need to upgrade to the latest version of Indy (10.5.7 ?). The installation instructions are on the Indy website : [http://www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Docs/Indy10Installation.EN.aspx |http://www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Docs/Indy10Installation.EN.aspx ] But they are not clear to me. Does anyone know the exact procedure ? Thanks Herman <PC Support> wrote in message news:265626@forums.embarcadero.com... > The installation instructions are on the Indy website : > [http://...

Indy IdHMACSHA1 different results in Delphi 2007 and Delphi 2009
Hello newsgroup A test of the IdHMACSHA1 encryption method shows different results, and I am not sure if there is an error in my code or in the Indy code shipped with Delphi 2009. The Delphi 2007 version works in an application which communicates with Amazon Web Services and so it seems to be the correct one. Any suggestions are very welcome, maybe I just need to download a newer version of Indy? program Test; {$APPTYPE CONSOLE} uses IdHMACSHA1, IdCoderMIME, IdGlobal, SysUtils; function Base64Encode(const Input: string): string; begin Result := TIdEncode...

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

is there a Delphi 2007

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Delphi 2009 and Indy
I installed Delphi 2009. As far as I can see Indy 10 is installed with it. Now I try to get a program working that I made under Delphi 7. It uses TIDHashMessageDigest. Now I cannot use it because of a undeclared identifier. I added IDGlobal, IDHash, IDHashMessageDigest to the uses list, but no result. What went wrong, maybe something with installation? Please help. Franklin Bockstael wrote: > > What went wrong, maybe something with installation? No, I suspect that it has something to do with Indy. I'd suggest asking in one of the technical groups that covers ...

Indy and Delphi 2009 ???
Hello All, Please forgive me if this question has been answered and well documented, but I can't seem to locate the info! :) Is anyone using Indy 10 with Delphi 2009? If so, any problems with the unicode change, etc? TIA -- David David Saracini wrote: > Is anyone using Indy 10 with Delphi 2009? Yes > If so, any problems with the unicode change, etc? Just a couple. If you do have a specific question try here: embarcadero.public.delphi.internet.winsock or any Indy group on the atozed server: news.atozedsoftware.com -- Pieter "One o...

delphi.Net Delphi 2005 Project Upgrades?
Our company aquired the software property from another last year. Most of the projects were written in Delphi 2007. We purchased Delphi XE which gave us access to previous versions, including D 2007... all is well. However, 3 projects were written Delphi 2005 for .Net. The VM we received from this company included D2005 but it was licensed from the previous developer. I've contacted Embarcadero about obtaining a copy and or a license+registration for Delphi 2005 and was told this product is no longer available. I'm under the impression Delphi for .Net was abandoned. My qu...

Web resources about - Upgrading Indy in Delphi 2009 - embarcadero.delphi.winsock

Mac Spoofed: Upgrading [Low Quality]
PC teaches Mac about the benefits of upgradability.

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Looks like Labor's upgrading from Tarago to minibus
The people of Stafford have done the rest of Queensland a favour by electing Dr Anthony Lynham.

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube