TIdHTTP and Round-robin DNS? [Edit]

The Indy that comes with Delphi XE8 doesn't seem to handle Round-robin DNS correctly? It always seem to use just the first address when I try TIdHTTP.Get().

Edited by: Jani Alanen on Jun 1, 2015 4:29 AM
0
Jani

TIdHTTP and Round-robin DNS? [Edit] #2
The Indy that comes with Delphi XE8 doesn't seem to handle Round-robin DNS correctly? It always seem to use just the first address when I try TIdHTTP.Get(). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round-robin_DNS Jani wrote: > The Indy that comes with Delphi XE8 doesn't seem to handle > Round-robin DNS correctly? Indy ignores round-robin DNS at this time, yes. > It always seem to use just the first address when I try TIdHTTP.Get(). That is correct. TIdCustomTCPClient.Connect() can currently only connect to one IP at a time. When the Host property is not an IP, Conne...

DNS Round Robin
Can you do round robin DNS with Netware 6.5? AFAIK, it should work like 6.0 in which case it does it automatically when you assign multiple IP addresses to a single host name. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp ...

dns round-robin
We have an F5 load balancer that is using round robin algorithum for our two app servers. We want to get rid of the F5's and use internal DNS round robin... I'm assuming if i make two RR entries for the DNS entry it will work? Will the client that goes to app1, always goto app1? how do I set the RR record to expire? What happens if app1 is down, will the client goto app2 or hang? --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Yes, you can create a resource with multiple RR entries. Typi...

DNS Round Robin #2
We have an F5 load balancer that is using round robin algorithum for our two app servers. We want to get rid of the F5's and use internal DNS round robin... I'm assuming if i make two RR entries for the DNS entry it will work? Will the client that goes to app1, always goto app1? how do I set the RR record to expire? What happens if app1 is down, will the client goto app2 or hang? In article <5%Poc.10359$Ob.497@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, John wrote: > Will the client that goes to app1, always goto app1? how do I set the > RR record to expire? > I...

round robin DNS question
I want to setup round robin DNS on Netware 6 and not quite sure how to do it. Do I create the resource record and then add multiple addresses to it? For example, if I create a resource record for the host name "foobar" and then add ip addresses to it, is that the right way to do it? Thanks, Leo In article <OnDeb.381$mH2.281@prv-forum3.provo.novell.com>, Leo Boucher wrote: > Do I create the resource record and then add multiple addresses to it? > Exactly. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp www.InsightNetSolutions.net Hello Brad, I was ju...

DNS Round Robin Configuration
When configuring a custom Adaptive Agent have people configured the agent to point to a round robin address that services all primary servers or have they added each server name in turn into the custom agent? I have found that regardless of the Closest Server Default Rule all servers are not accessed equally unless a round robin address is used by the adaptive agent. Does anyone have any best practice information regarding this? -- gmwnhs1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Has no one out there used DNS A records that round robin ...

Delphi XE2 Rounding with DecimalRounding_JH1 [Edit]
Because of a documented rounding issue in Delphi XE2, we are using a special rounding unit available on the Embarcadero site named DecimalRounding_JH1 (Thank you John Herbster!) to achieve true bankers rounding. Using this unit's DecimalRound function with numbers containing a large number of decimal place we get a floating point error. This is the rounding routine from the DecimalRounding_JH1 unit. In our example we call this DecimalRound function with the following parameters (166426800, 12, MaxRelErrDbl, drHalfEven) where maxRelErrDbl = 2.2204460493e-16 * 1.234375 * 2 {code} ...

Hi all, in the european union change next year the Bankingformat to the SEPA Format. All peoples and companies must change the bankingssoftware and the costumer data form acountnummers in the new IBAN and BIC numbers. See: http://www.arma-it.de/shop/artikelueber.php?wgruppeid=211&wgruppe_offen=211 Functions: - generate SEPA XML'S - Calc IBAN - BIC Database (DE,AT and CH) Questions: vertrieb@arma-it.de PS: Bankinssoftware for Develpoers (Germany only) http://www.arma-it.de/shop/artikelueber.php?wgruppeid=212&wgruppe_offen=212 El 26/10/13 21:38, Arno Freisinger escribió: > See: > > http://www.arma-it.de/shop/artikelueber.php?wgruppeid=211&wgruppe_offen=211 I'm interested in your product, but it's difficult to evaluate it if your web is only in german. -- Jose Luis Rocha [OfiPro] http://aprendiendofiremonkey.blogspot.com.es El 26/10/13 21:38, Arno Freisinger escribió: > PS: > Bankinssoftware for Develpoers (Germany only) Ok, I have seen this notice in the message. But both XML and SEPA are language and country independent, you can sell your product to developers of other countries (and not only europeans). At least if the product does not has code for german-specific laws about SEPA... -- Jose Luis Rocha [OfiPro] http://aprendiendofiremonkey.blogspot.com.es > {quote:title=Jose Luis Rocha wrote:}{quote} > El 26/10/13 21:38, Arno Freisinger escri...

I am trying to load balance the web applicaiton by using DNS round robin.
but I wonder about the session state management?   Do I have to do centralize the sessions?   such as:I do not get below.... Do I lose the sessions or not ? Does client decide to go to another server if the browser is not closed ? No support for server affinity. Server affinity is a load-balancing system's ability to manage a user's requests, either to a specific server or any server, depending on whether session information is maintained on the server or at an underlying, database level. Without server affinity, DNS round robin relies on one of three methods ...

[Delphi] send custom packet from DLL ( winsock ) from DLL-Form [Edit]
hello! i`we hooked winsocket recv-send! in DLL i have form who popup on dlls inject sucess and i need send custom packet to 'Send" from my form how it be posibly?? send(s,buf,len,flags); - dont work its work if i send it only from "DLL" if i use it in my DLL-"form" then nothing happens in DLL - sock:=s; Fla:=flags; in DLL"form" send(sock,buf,len,fla); dont work to.. meybe i do it wrong? .. Thank you! <Ronaldo DeVinche> wrote in message news:136126@forums.codegear.com... > i`we hooked winsocket recv-send! ...

dns round-robin for GWIA ougoing mail doesn't work
Hi In GW 7 SP1 GWIA, underneath SMTP/MIME settings, Hostname/DNS "A record" name, we have a hostname that resolves to 4 different IPs. We basically wanted to load balance our 4 outgoing postfix servers and also in case one went down, email would still flow. However, GWIA is behaving strangely: on start up it selects one of the IPs to which this hostname resolves and sends email only to that host. If we take that host down, instead of sending emails to the next IP in line, it gives errors "host down" and mail flow stops. Is there any way to make GWIA actually resolve...

Re: Delphi for the Mac [Edit] [Edit]
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote: > > <hides under desk as fire storm about TeamB editing other people's > > posts re-ignites> > > I was thinking the same. :-) -- Andy Syms Technosoft Systems Ltd ...

Not selling Delphi Professional edition in China?! [Edit]
Hi, I want to buy Delphi 2010 *Professional* in China, but all the resellers say they resell the Enterprise and above versions only, I tried buying in the online store, but it seems that it accepts only US citizens only? Please, provide me as a PRC citizen a way to purchase a legal copy of Delphi 2010 *Professional*! And I prefer *buy it online*! As you might know, for various reasons a lot of users use cracked versions of software, but things have been becoming better, especially for the software development tool market, you know many individuals use Delphi to write software and ...

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

New to Delphi
Hi I am new to Delphi & want to know good resources for learning to use it. Is there a list of good Delphi learning resources (books/online tutorials) somewhere? What recommendations can anyone make for someone new to Delphi (& only a hobby programmer at the moment)? A couple of weeks ago I started with DelphiXE4 trial & have Googled for a few Delphi resources but I haven't found anything very good yet for me as a beginner. I'm just struggling along trying to learn as I go! (I'm presently struggling with DragandDrop...see [http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17232...

Re: Maybe is a new life for Delphi? [Edit] [Edit]
Cesar Romero wrote: > > This is not ad. Sparta is not commercial product. > > Any product announcement should be in 3rd party group, comercial or > not, that is part of newsgroup guidelines. Right. -Craig [moderator] -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ ...

Delphi vs Winform
This might be a little techie, but I think most people here are familiar with Delphi to understand the difference between a TWinControl and TGraphicControl. I was trying to create a C# Winform project based on a Delphi prototype and ran into this problem which I posted to some Winform forums ... This led me to an *obvious* deficiency in Winforms programming. I'd like to hear your thoughts. My question to the Winforms forums describing the problem is copied below: <snip> Hi, I mostly do Delphi development but would like to start my next small work project in Visual Studio using C# and Winforms. Right away I see that there is something so easy to do in Delphi and potentially difficult to do in WinForms. I am hoping maybe someone could explain to me how this UI design task could be accomplished easily with WinForms. Here is my design goal: I would like to design screens with graphical elements (controls positioned at design time) which overlap each other. These graphical elements do not accept user input, but usually convey some text, image, background, shape, or other drawn item. The key though is this: these items are not rectangles, they are words or shapes and colors that may overlap one anther. Here is a screenshot from my Delphi prototype which uses GraphicControl classes (standard in Delphi) to accomplish my goal: http://imagebot.org/snapshops/overlapping.jpg Above we have an image control, two text label control, and a infob...

Hello, we have one Delphi 2005 Professional here and want to upgrade to Delphi 2010, but we are a bit confused. Our distributor in Germany, ingram-micro offers several upgrade products: UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER FLEX RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED ELC UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED FLEX UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT FLEX What do they mean exactly and which one do i need? At the moment delphi is installed on two PCs and we want to use ...

Hi, I'm migrating a Delphi7 application to Delphi XE. I'm using a TClientDataSet to communicate, by using a XML frame, with my server. In this TClientDataSet I'm using a TBlobField which is an array of 384 byte. The blobField is allocate by a code like this : {code} myStream : TStream; myStream := aClientDataSet.CreateBlobStream(myBlobField, bmwrite); vResult := myStream.Write(ArrayOf384Byte[0], length(ArrayOf384Byte)); //vResult = 384 => GooD ! (...) {code} For communicate with the server, we have to decode the Blobfield in XML before to sending it. We have override the ApplyUpdate. In the new applyupdate, we are converting NewValue in base64 by a code like this : {code} aXmlString := StringToBase64(myBlobField.NewValue) {code} The problem is than in Delphi 7 the length of NewValue was correct (384), but in DXE this length is random (between 50 and 250 ??) (it's as if a character was an end of string) => There is data loss, so the XML string is bad and my server is crashing. I don't understand what happened between writing in the BlobField and reading the BlobField's property "newValue"??? Why the value was correct in Delphi 7 and bad in XE? What was changed in the ClientDataSet mechanism? Is it a problem of unicode migration? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Gwen Edited by: Gwénaël Manceau on Oct 20, 2011 9:46 AM I solved my problem by using {code} aXmlString := Stri...

Re: calling a c++ function from Delphi [Edit] [Edit]
costa basil wrote: > Sorry, I posted it here because different people read different lists > and c++ guys might not read the delphi lists and vice-versa and I > want to pick-up all brains... And yet, it is not allowed. -- Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) http://www.teamb.com "This isn't right, this isn't even wrong." -- Wolfgang Pauli (1900-1958), upon reading a young physicist's paper ok, understood. ...

Text.Write speed
Hi ! I have speed troubles for using Text.Write method in Delphi 2006, particularly with distant files (local network). For example, with the following code ("F" is a text file ; "Line" is an about 200-character string): ----- AssignFile(F, FileName); try Rewrite(F); for l := 1 to 100 do begin for c := 1 to Length(Line) do Write(F, Line[c]); Writeln(F); end; finally CloseFile(F); end; ----- On a distant file: Delphi 5 -> 0.08 seconds Delphi 2006 -> close to 8 seconds Is there a speci...

Delphi Rounding
Hello All: I need to get currency numbers to properly round - I tried x:=round(Y*100)/100; but that does not consistently round in the traditional US manner of .5 to the next 1. I wrote the following function to accomplish this: class function TCommonPM.PRound(NumToRound: Currency): Currency; Var Subtotal: Currency; Sub2: Integer; begin Result:=NumToRound; Subtotal:=NumToRound*100; Sub2:=Trunc(Subtotal); If Subtotal-Sub2>=0.50 Then Sub2:=Sub2+1; Result:=Sub2/100; end; Is there a better way to do this ??? Should it be done i...

Web resources about - TIdHTTP and Round-robin DNS? [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.winsock

Round-robin scheduling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... to each process in equal portions and in circular order, handling all processes without priority (also known as cyclic executive ). Round-robin ...

Round Robin for iPad on the App Store on iTunes
Get Round Robin for iPad on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Monty Python ...ROCKS! (Knights Of The Round Table, Sir Robin, Bright Side Of Life) - YouTube
I had a ton of fun doing this video. Hope it makes you laugh and headbang at the same time! A special thanks to the amazing Lynn Swanson for ...

Orica fights $50 million tax bill over 'round-robin' financing
Orica has again found itself at odds with the Australian Taxation Office, this time over the circular financing arrangements.

Daedelus touring, playing Round Robin Duets & Undead Music show with Shigeto
Daedelus in Austin in 2012 (more by Tim Griffin) Instrumental hip hop/electronic production vet Daedelus has a number of dates coming up this ...

'The 39 Clues' round-robin interview: All seven authors answer questions about the interactive adventure ...
The 39 Clues, the interactive, globe-spanning series of young adult novels is drawing to a close. Nearly two years after famed YA author Rick ...

Sochi Olympics: Canada is first to go undefeated in women’s curling round-robin
... 2014; Sochi, RUSSIA; Jill Officer (CAN), left, Jennifer Jones (CAN), center, and Dawn McEwen (CAN), right, in the women's curling round robin ...

Watch Novak Djokovic vs. Andy Murray (Round Robin) Live Online at WatchESPN
Watch Novak Djokovic vs. Andy Murray (Round Robin) live online now at WatchESPN or check out the full replay if you missed it.

Round Robin: Android Casey's Final iPhone Review!
[This is an official Smartphone Experts Round Robin post! Every day you reply here, you're automatically entered for a chance to win an iPhone ...

Paul Ryan Planning Round Robin Interviews With TV Nets Thursday
GOP VP nominee Paul Ryan will be sitting down with a handful of TV news outlets for a series of round robin interviews to air on Thursday, two ...