Streaming...

Hi

Any idea where I start with streaming video or sound via TIdTCPClient?

I would assume that I need to capture the input and send byte by byte like a
filestream.

Or would I be better off using UDP? I don't really like UDP as the quality
of the datastream could be seriously degraded. Obviously with most people
having broadband these days I'd prefer to use TCP... perhaps with some form
of compression.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!
0
Jamie

Delphi 7, Streaming
I will type a small piece of code that will demonstrate my problem, then I will ask a question about it. The code is: procedure btnSaveClick( Sender: TObject ); var The problem has been fixed. Thanks for the help. > {quote:title=Jim Sawyer wrote:}{quote} > I will type a small piece of code that will demonstrate my problem, then I will ask a question about it. The code is: > > procedure btnSaveClick( Sender: TObject ); > var ...

What is differnce between Input stream and out put stream why we use streaming?
Hi all,  What is differnce between Input stream and out put stream why we use streaming? iam new to this concept kindly clear to me  . Best Regardslife is name of learning!Mark as an answer if it helps Streams are used for read/write operations on a source e.g file,network,device,console etc. The advantage of streams are that it can perform serialization/deserializaion on our data. The streams that can only read data from the source are called input streams and streams that can only write data on the source are called outputstream.  or you can check out the followi...

Delphi 7, Streaming #2
I have a question about this bit of code. I will ask the question after the code: procedure btnSaveClick( Sender: TObject ); var Stream: TStream; n: Integer; Str: String; w: TWriter; begin n := 10; Str := 'Test String'; Stream := TFileStream.Create( 'C:\Merge\Test.dat', fmCreate ); w := TWriter.Create( Stream, 1024 ); w.WriteIntegter( n ); w.WriteString( Str ); w.Free; Stream.Free; end; This routine creates the file 'Test.dat' containing the words 'Test String' as expected. The question is "Why does...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

MOVED: Reading from a stream in delphi 2009
The thread "Reading from a stream in delphi 2009" has been moved to the Delphi.RTL forum. -- John Kaster http://blogs.codegear.com/johnk CodeGear Developer Network: http://dn.codegear.com Features and bugs: http://qc.codegear.com Got source? http://cc.codegear.com ...

delphi.internet.winsock
I was having some issues with XanaNews so I went to the Emb web version and was getting... delphi.internet.winsock - group not available. The server is throwing HTTP Status 500. Anyone else having trouble with newsgroups. Many other groups seem ok. -- Ray El 02/02/2014 8:05, Raymond Alexander escribió: > I was having some issues with XanaNews so I went to the Emb web version > and was getting... > > delphi.internet.winsock - group not available. > > The server is throwing HTTP Status 500. > > Anyone else having trouble with newsgroups. ...

MOVED: Reading from a stream in delphi 2009
I'm trying to update a my component written in delphi 2007 to dekphi 2009. I must read from a filestrem with some sort of string and this is the code I use to read string from stream: function ReadString(Stream: TMemoryStream): String; Var PStr: PChar; Len: Integer; Count: Integer; begin Stream.ReadBuffer(Len, SizeOf(Integer)); if Len > 0 then begin GetMem(PStr, Len); Stream.ReadBuffer(PStr^, Len); Result := ''; for Count := 1 to Len do Result := Result + PStr[Count - 1]; FreeMem(PStr, Len); end else Result := &...

delphi.internet.winsock: text and base64
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_18c8b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" See message in delphi.internet.winsock group. --JivePart=_18c8b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="buffer1.JPG" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="buffer1.JPG" /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQEAYABgAAD/2wBDAAgGBgcGBQgHBwcJCQgKDBQNDAsLDBkSEw8UHRofHh0a HBwgJC4nICIsIxwcKDcpLDAxNDQ0Hyc5PTgyPC4zN...

Streaming files over the network using Socket in Delphi 2010
Trying to transfer an executable file over the network using TClientSocket, TServerSocket and TFileStream in Delphi 2010, and I apparently succeed in this, but something I can't figure out goes wrong. The file has the correct size at the destination, but it doesn't work. When I edit it, every other character is a nul character (#0), except from this the destination file is identical to the source file. I'm attaching some code for you to see what I have done. Anyone who is able to see what I'm missing? procedure TServerForm.ServerSocket1ClientRead(Sender: TObject; Socket: ...

Delphi 2009
I've done some searching on the web, and i can't seem to find any answer to the problem i have. The client is made in c++ using winsock send & recieve. The server is done with Indy IdTCPServer component. When the winsock client connects, IdTCPServer get knowledge of it. However, when the winsock client sends a chararray with the function send(), nothing gets parsed in IdTCPServer.Execute. I know the client works, since i built a winsock testserver for the occation. However when using Acontext.Connection.IOHandler.ReadLn it does not. Is it known that Indy vs winsock base do...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi and virus, or virus and Delphi.

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

[Delphi] send custom packet from DLL ( winsock ) from DLL-Form [Edit]
hello! i`we hooked winsocket recv-send! in DLL i have form who popup on dlls inject sucess and i need send custom packet to 'Send" from my form how it be posibly?? send(s,buf,len,flags); - dont work its work if i send it only from "DLL" if i use it in my DLL-"form" then nothing happens in DLL - sock:=s; Fla:=flags; in DLL"form" send(sock,buf,len,fla); dont work to.. meybe i do it wrong? .. Thank you! <Ronaldo DeVinche> wrote in message news:136126@forums.codegear.com... > i`we hooked winsocket recv-send! ...

Delphi XE2, Indy 10
Dear folks The following code is supposed to send a text string to a client that is listening on a set port and ip address. The connection works fine. The problem is that nothing seems to be sent. {code} function TFCSelectForm.SendNitroMessage(NitroRequest: String): String; var sStrm: TMemoryStream; begin try sStrm := TMemoryStream.Create; try sStrm.WriteBuffer(Pointer(NitroRequest)^,Length(NitroRequest)); // sStrm shows as () in the debugger IdTCPClient1.IOHandler.Write(sStrm, 0, False); sStrm.Position := 0; finally ...

Web resources about - Streaming... - embarcadero.delphi.winsock

Streaming media - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Streaming media is multimedia that is constantly received by and presented to an end-user while being delivered by a provider. Its verb form, ...

Ustream Broadcast For Friends Live Video-Streaming App Adds Support For Facebook Pages
Streaming-video provider Ustream released an update to its Broadcast for Friends iPhone application that allows page administrators to record ...

NASA SDO - Streaming Plasma - NASA Solar Dynamics Observatory (Little SDO) - Facebook
SDO zoomed in on this active region to watch as plasma streamed back and forth above it over two days (Apr. 30 to May 2, 2011). Magnetic forces ...

StreamAPI is Another New Video Streaming Service Integrated with Facebook Connect
Live streaming on Facebook is now more affordable for smal businesses and individuals thanks to StreamAPI , a new product from live-streaming ...

Argus Streaming News (@ArgusRadio) on Twitter

ArkMC Lite DLNA UPnP media streaming server and video player: wirelessly share and connect all your movie ...
Get ArkMC Lite DLNA UPnP media streaming server and video player: wirelessly share and connect all your movie, music and iTunes to HD TV, XBox,PS3, ...

Appleā€™s streaming TV talks remain on hold, says CBS CEO
Its been bandied around for months that Cupertino was in talks with major networks to build out its own streaming television service for the ...

Streaming torrents could lead to a host of security issues
Online piracy skyrocketed into the 21st century this week as The Pirate Bay and Kickass Torrents adopted new technology from Popcorn Time spinoff ...

Amazon to Now Power Netflix, Inc Streaming Service - BidnessEtc - Media - By Noor Us Subah
Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX) has finally transitioned to the Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) Cloud in a seven-year long arduous period.

Animal Collective streaming new song "Golden Gal"
Animal Collective's new album Painting With comes out this week via Domino and they've just revealed another song from it, "Golden Gal." Listen ...